Vordertur

Jul 21, 2017
Not just VNs. To be fair, all games with a story and a main quest requires you to make meta choices to continue. One gets railroaded as Darth Revan to find the Star Forge, Commander Shepard to defeat the Reapers, the Dragonborn to kill Aldiun etc. plenty of times. (Often we have to endure companions/followers/housecarls we don’t particularly care for as well.)

Some AAA games are worse than BaDIK IMO. I quit the much acclaimed Neverwinter Nights 2 myself after too many dumb false choices.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

How much one enjoys a game often depends on how much some forced choices goes against our grain (or not) compared to how much we like the other content and the story (or not). At this time, the main objective of BaDIK is getting into the DIK frat (and to get laid as often as possible :LOL: ). For me, the positives still far outweigh the negatives, but of course, all of us are different.
Right. That's what I was getting at in my post. The very nature of video games means that the player has to be given some manner of control over how things proceed. But this is at odds with the idea of a tightly plotted out story. The thing is, anyone who thinks about this (even if it's not for too long) should be able to figure out that even in the most open-ended/sandbox-y games, there is no true "freedom." You're still constrained by something, whether it's the inherent "rules" of the game. (Think puzzle games that won't allow you to make certain moves) or the storyline forcing said choices upon you.

What makes this palatable for the majority of people is that illusion of freedom - that idea that maybe there are some things you can't change, but that there are things you can. And that your decisions can and do influence how the game progresses, in more ways than just "You press a button and your character sprite reacts."

I think Neverwinter Nights 2 is actually a good example of a game not doing enough to give the player the illusion of choice. I'm fond of the phrase "Rocks fall, everyone dies" to describe instances of a writer just taking an axe to large numbers of a game/movie/TV show's cast, but I first started using it because... well, that is literally the ending of NWN2, and it's kind of unabashed bullshit.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
I'm not sure it's that one. Our final may vary at any time, depending on our choices (I think...)

I remember that people also said something similar in Acting Lessons and, what happened in the end? What a surprise we got! :ROFLMAO:
I mentioned this before, that i fully expect(hope) that based on our choices we may stay or leave the DIKs or even be kicked out.

Reactions: SAMASH112

Darkmetal

Jul 6, 2019
Maybe that changes during the game? or, we make it in but we change how all this frat bs works?
I'm not sure it's that one. Our end may vary at any time, depending on our choices (I think...)

I remember that people also said something similar in Acting Lessons and, what happened in the end? What a surprise we got! :ROFLMAO:
Think of it like a quest line of a mainstream game. Right now "the quest objective" is clearly to pass Hell Week and get into the frat. Once that is done (or failed) then, of course other options will open up.

I think the story (and drama sadly) will pick up once we join the DIKS which could also coincide with the end of episode 4 which would also be the end of season 1.
I think that it will be how it plays out as well. Passing Hell Week will end C4. Season 2 starts with MC being a brother rather than a maggot and we go on from there.

dirtythiccboi

Aug 7, 2019
I just got into these types of games recently and I've currently finished Echoes of Lust, Milfy City, Lily's Curse and being a dik. Literally all of them ended on the best part and or before you got to do anything good with any of the relevant characters. This is torture.

Banging Sarah in Milfy, or better a three someone with her and Linda
Smashing Jill, bella or a 3 some with Josey and Maya.

My dreams crushed.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: SAMASH112

SAMASH112

Donor
Nov 19, 2018
Think of it like a quest line of a mainstream game. Right now "the quest objective" is clearly to pass Hell Week and get into the frat. Once that is done (or failed) then, of course other options will open up.

I think that it will be how it plays out as well. Passing Hell Week will end C4. Season 2 starts with MC being a brother rather than a maggot and we go on from there.

Definitely. The MC is destined to overcome the hell week, then we will see what end awaits us. DIK or not DIK? ... it's a question just like the end of Maya. Will she sell her body for a tuition? Will she get tuition or will she simply survive as a normal student? :confused:

yngve

Oct 28, 2018
anyone with some guts would tell them to shove their "mansion" up their ass after the stuff they pulled. How they act toward you later on won't change my mind one bit either, they fucked the main character over, and they deserve to burn lol.

TLDR: Give me a pyromaniac route where i can burn down the DIK, HOT and Jock's frat/sorority houses, k thanks. :devilish:
:ROFLMAO: Agreed
the game needs characters with this girl attitude, it could be 10 times better.

SAMASH112

Donor
Nov 19, 2018
I just got into these types of games recently and I've currently finished Echoes of Lust, Milfy City, Lily's Curse and being a dik. Literally all of them ended on the best part and or before you got to do anything good with any of the relevant characters. This is torture.

My dreams crushed.
About the threesome between Maya and Josy ... I don't know what to say ... I wouldn't get my hopes up. Everything is very confusing. The final thoughts of the MC at the end of chapter 3, don't indicate anything nice about Maya soon.

Tumai

Sep 1, 2019

My dreams crushed.
None of the games you named are completed games :)

Search for "completed" tag, sort by rating and pick one that you like to get your dream fulfilled (or maybe not depending on which you pick :p)

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
This game makes it feel utterly and completely linear while shoving in your face how linear it actually is, but also teasing you with a "DIK or Chick" slider. That slider not only has really awkward reasons for the slider to move, but it also shoves it in your face how linear it truly is. Things that move the slider such as checking a girl out while doing yoga.... so freaking what? I do that, i'm a girl, does that make me a "dick" or a bitch? No, hot is hot, as long as i'm not stalking her or staring at her creepily. It makes it feel even worse when you have to be a DIK or Chick to do certain things when there's been a few choices so far that I have chosen, or would have chosen that are DIK choices, but I completely disagree with the DIK's in pretty much every way. So I just think the slider is done very poorly and just feels weird, because life isn't all about "this choice is bad or that choice is good". The slider is subjective, but it makes it seem like it's fact that a choice is one way or the other, when it isn't always the case.
Just so that you know, you are correct, the DIK/CHICK scores are not terribly important, as all of the five potential LIs can be pursued regardless, with minor effects depending on the LI (Sage prefers DIK, Isabella and Jill prefer CHICK, with Josy and Maya seemingly somewhere between the extremes). Some choices do matter and will preclude you from seriously pursuing the LIs or other NPCs (like Jade or Cathy).

This game has a confusing number of variables, including relationship points, individual choices, and the DIK/CHICK slider. One variable that seems to be very relevant is affinity. We really don't know how it will affect the outcomes, but there are only six choices that change affinity, and none of them is as irrelevant as whether or not to check out Jill while she's doing yoga.

Blablablafapper

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2019
Definitely. The MC is destined to overcome the hell week, then we will see what end awaits us. DIK or not DIK? ... it's a question just like the end of Maya. Will she sell her body for a tuition? Will she get tuition or will she simply survive as a normal student? :confused:
I feel like we'll past Hell Work automatically. Instead of failing, Derek will do most of the work and end up getting that reward Rusty was talking about for the maggot that pulls the most weight. I intend to do a majority of the tasks to see what 'reward' we end up getting.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes