Educifer

Jun 13, 2017
Guys. I've been replaying the game this last week paying a little bit more attention to details since I already know the story so far and I'm not sure if it has been posted before but once Stephen puts Maya name on his PC, her sponsor is "Wallace Resources", what are the odds of the Wallaces being Lynette's family? Maybe even from W&W (altough I don't think it would be mandatory for MC to have a college with his family name).
View attachment 3824298
Just for the record that Wallace Resources would be the free tuition sponsor, not the current loan contract (just found out). So yeah, my theory stinks. Back to Burgmeister we are.

Screenshot 2024-07-16 at 13.20.52.png

Rehwyn

Apr 10, 2024
If MC fucks up then yeah he could end up alone but that goes for all paths. Throuple is leading to one thing MC getting Josy or Maya not both
Don't want to rehash our whole discussion from a week or two ago, but looking at the game in a vacuum, I still don't see that as the inevitable path if you're committed to the throuple in a balanced manner.

That said, I still haven't played Acting Lessons but have had enough of the throuple path in that spoiled now to suspect DPC might have a wee bias against CNM. So definitely possible that'll influence things in BaDIK too. Interestingly enough though, JB and Elena is another form of CNM that was pretty much shown as the example of a happy committed relationship, so perhaps he intends a more balanced perspective.

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
Don't want to rehash our whole discussion from a week or two ago, but looking at the game in a vacuum, I still don't see that as the inevitable path if you're committed to the throuple in a balanced manner.

That said, I still haven't played Acting Lessons but have had enough of the throuple path in that spoiled now to suspect DPC might have a wee bias against CNM. So definitely possible that'll influence things in BaDIK too. Interestingly enough though, JB and Elena is another form of CNM that was pretty much shown as the example of a happy committed relationship, so perhaps he intends a more balanced perspective.
Balance I believe lets you keep dating both girls even after they break up until you have to pick one

Rehwyn

Apr 10, 2024
Balance I believe lets you keep dating both girls even after they break up until you have to pick one
By balanced, I probably should have said "realistic", in that there's not really evidence that CNM relationships are more likely to fail than monogamous ones (other than outside societal pressures and laws).

In any case, I suppose we'll eventually find out. Hopefully sooner rather than later. :LOL:

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
By balanced, I probably should have said "realistic", in that there's no inherent reason for a CNM relationship to be more likely to fail than a monogamous one (other than outside societal pressures and laws).

In any case, I suppose we'll eventually find out. Hopefully sooner rather than later. :LOL:
Sooner or later we'll know and just because I'm fully convince the throuple will end no matter what doesn't mean I'm right I could have it wrong only time will tell

godkingxerxes

Sep 27, 2020
Even on throuple path when Maya and Josy have their fight, I believe there should be a way to pull them back together and continue the throuple.

But a fight between them is inevitable, and I for one can't wait.

Rehwyn

Apr 10, 2024
Even on throuple path when Maya and Josy have their fight, I believe there should be a way to pull them back together and continue the throuple.

Wouldn't surprise me if there was. We discussed this a bit ago, and most agreed that a fight could serve as part of a narrative "crisis" to resolve and are normal parts of any long relationship. I suspect all the branches will have something like this before the end (if not multiple).

There's a bunch of variables behind the scene tracking stuff for the throuple path in addition to their relationship points (like who you spend time with, if you pick dialogue that supports their relationship, etc) so the possibility is certainly there for many factors to influence a possible outcome.

Reactions: KaiserST

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020

If it comes out the loan was all a bluff from Patrick that could set off a fight between them I really think that would cause Josy to lose her shit

godkingxerxes

Sep 27, 2020
Wouldn't surprise me if there was. We discussed this a bit ago, and most agreed that could serve as part of a narrative "crisis" to resolve. I suspect all the branches will have something like this before the end (if not multiple).

There's a bunch of variables behind the scene tracking stuff for the throuple path in addition to their relationship points (like who you spend time with, if you pick dialogue that supports their relationship, etc) so the possibility is certainly there for many factors to influence a possible outcome.
Agreed that all branches except for maybe Others will have a form of conflict with their chosen girl due to cheating points and other factors that mayhaps haven't been fully introduced yet.

But none juicier than an unbalanced throuple path. Even though my DIK Josy run is lost to the nether, it's the one I was most looking forward to see play out.

PereFourreAss

Sep 30, 2020
Wouldn't surprise me if there was. We discussed this a bit ago, and most agreed that a fight could serve as part of a narrative "crisis" to resolve and are normal parts of any long relationship. I suspect all the branches will have something like this before the end (if not multiple).

We thought the breakup with J/M was sad, but we're not ready for the scene where one the girls loses both MC and her girlfriend :HideThePain:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Rehwyn

Apr 10, 2024
Agreed that all branches except for maybe Others will have a form of conflict with their chosen girl due to cheating points and other factors that mayhaps haven't been fully introduced yet.

But none juicier than an unbalanced throuple path. Even though my DIK Josy run is lost to the nether, it's the one I was most looking forward to see play out.
Yeah, poly relationships can be perfectly health without being "balanced" as long as everyone feels their needs are being met, but figuring that out can take some time and communication skills that aren't necessarily developed before starting the relationship.

In my throuple run, I made a point of choosing options in support of that, so perhaps that's one reason my perspective is different here. Pretty sure it affects dialogue already, though no major branches seem to have occurred (yet).

PereFourreAss

Sep 30, 2020
Yeah, poly relationships can be perfectly health without being "balanced" as long as everyone feels their needs are being met, but figuring that out can take some time and communication skills that aren't necessarily developed before starting the relationship.

In my throuple run, I made a point of choosing options in support of that, so perhaps that's one reason my perspective is different here. Pretty sure it affects dialogue already, though no major branches seem to have occurred (yet).
So far you can completely neglect one of the girls without consequences, I think there's only a slight change of dialogue in episode 9 when they both say how many times they had sex with MC and you lose a few RP with one of them

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
The problem is Maya is still more comfortable with MC and things still haven't improve from ep8 for Josy and Maya. Being balance only helps MC with the girls points wise but it doesn't help Josy's and Maya relationship and that is the main problem here no one can say they getting stronger because they clearly aren't this is way it going to fail.

Rehwyn

Apr 10, 2024
So far you can completely neglect one of the girls without consequences, I think there's only a slight change of dialogue in episode 9 when they both say how many times they had sex with MC and you lose a few RP with one of them
That's the only "mechanical" consequence I can remember now as well. However, there is one other dialogue option I can think of where when hanging out with Maya you can choose to focus conversation on your relationship with her or discuss her relationship with Josy instead. There's a variable for this that's logged, and picking the second option definitely feels more supportive of the throuple and I believe affects some later dialogue.

Educifer

Jun 13, 2017

On the theme, do you guys believe that at some point we will have a chance to change branches? For exemple, I'm on Jill's, do you guys think I'll be able to change for Sage at some point? (I don't believe, I think only out of Others)

Rehwyn

Apr 10, 2024
On the theme, do you guys believe that at some point we will have a chance to change branches? For exemple, I'm on Jill's, do you guys think I'll be able to change for Sage at some point? (I don't believe, I think only out of Others)
Not sure. I think it's unlikely you'll be able to change back to a branch of someone you broke up with, but if you just never got with them to begin with maybe. Writing that in a way that doesn't feel rushed would probably be a huge pain though since DPC would have to add even more branching. So, seems unlikely to me.

Rehwyn

Apr 10, 2024
The problem is Maya is still more comfortable with MC
This has always struck me as an odd argument. Maya feeling more comfortable with MC doesn't necessarily mean she's uncomfortable with Josy, just that she's more with MC. For example, many people are more comfortable with one parent compared to the other, but still love both and don't have it cause problems.

Obviously romantic relationships have differences, but many of the same principles apply.

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
This has always struck me as an odd argument. Maya feeling more comfortable with MC doesn't necessarily mean she's uncomfortable with Josy, just that she's more with MC. For example, many people are more comfortable with one parent compared to the other, but still love both and don't have it cause problems.

Obviously romantic relationships have differences, but many of the same principles apply.
Maya words where "I never been this comfortable with Josy" then she realize how bad it sounded and try to blame it on Patrick. How is this a odd argument this is massive confessing from Maya. MC and Josy aren't Maya parent they her partner if your more comfortable one with one over the other your going to have a deeper relationship and just stronger love for that person. This is a big red flag

L1m1tl3ss

Sep 27, 2023
Not sure. I think it's unlikely you'll be able to change back to a branch of someone you broke up with, but if you just never got with them to begin with maybe. Writing that in a way that doesn't feel rushed would probably be a huge pain though since DPC would have to add even more branching. So, seems unlikely to me.
I've always suspected that there might be something to that when it comes to the Others path, as in switching from that then to an actual Main Girl's path later on down the line. That's the only one that would even make sense, given that the whole point of the 'Others' path is that the MC feels that he's not ready for an actual relationship yet. I seriously doubt that we'll be able to switch from one MG's path onto another though, like you said.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes