Ricthequick

Jun 28, 2024
I know, my reply to him was to show that there were people in the game who still spent time with someone on a regular basis who rejected them, Dav questioned that idea.

MC being rejected on the basis of being a dick (or DIK) isn't the most unreasonable thing in the case of Maya or Jill. Obviously context matters but I'm okay with that idea. Although in Jill's case, the picnic making or breaking the relationship is still dumb. And Bella dumping MC over Cathy also isn't unreasonable.
The last one was sort of a nobrainer, if a person struggles so hard to open up and as soon as she starts finds in her car panties from another woman... the only thing I'm not sure about (because I only did it once) is, did Cathy really remove her panties? All I remember is her blowing the MC off, but I have an horrible memory and for obvious reasons (Bella) I didn't play it in any other run. :ROFLMAO:

Jill's picnic scene is probably indeed a bit of an "abrupt" event horizon "You didn't want to hang out with me for your birthday, you are done with me", even helping her for her concert doesn't change a bit.

I'm not too sold on the J&M rejection based purely on the DIK scale, in part because to a degree I think that scale is one of the few weak points of the game, most of the actions are really DIKish, but some are DIKish only because they can't be CHICKish so to speak, but also because while Maya prefers a more neutral/CHICKish MC, Josy celarly prefer the DIKish one, but I guess it tells who actually calls the shots in the couple?

If anything the one thing that could make more sense (but would require a different story etc..) would be if even amongst LI's and other characters the DIK scale and MC's choices mattered, I still find a bit "sus" that every single main LI ends up becoming friend with eachother and "hanging out" with the MC.

I do like the finality in the choices thou, if the MC screws up or simply decides to go in one direction rather than another, it should be accounted for, unless the VN is a harem sort of VN.

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
I'm on Jill's route, and I'm looking to avoid stepping onto Bella's if I can (will do Bella next). Is staying with Bella best for Jill's route? And is it easy enough to step off Bella's route if I end up on it to open up staying with her?

Educifer

Jun 13, 2017
I'm on Jill's route, and I'm looking to avoid stepping onto Bella's if I can (will do Bella next). Is staying with Bella best for Jill's route? And is it easy enough to step off Bella's route if I end up on it to open up staying with her?
I'd say that if your doing a one-LI-faithful-route, stay in Dereks. I might be wrong but staying with either Sage or Bella leads to lewd scenes with them.

Reactions: RandoCard3

Better Cock Spock

Jul 29, 2017
The last one was sort of a nobrainer, if a person struggles so hard to open up and as soon as she starts finds in her car panties from another woman... the only thing I'm not sure about (because I only did it once) is, did Cathy really remove her panties? All I remember is her blowing the MC off, but I have an horrible memory and for obvious reasons (Bella) I didn't play it in any other run. :ROFLMAO:

Jill's picnic scene is probably indeed a bit of an "abrupt" event horizon "You didn't want to hang out with me for your birthday, you are done with me", even helping her for her concert doesn't change a bit.

I'm not too sold on the J&M rejection based purely on the DIK scale, in part because to a degree I think that scale is one of the few weak points of the game, most of the actions are really DIKish, but some are DIKish only because they can't be CHICKish so to speak, but also because while Maya prefers a more neutral/CHICKish MC, Josy celarly prefer the DIKish one, but I guess it tells who actually calls the shots in the couple?

If anything the one thing that could make more sense (but would require a different story etc..) would be if even amongst LI's and other characters the DIK scale and MC's choices mattered, I still find a bit "sus" that every single main LI ends up becoming friend with eachother and "hanging out" with the MC.

I do like the finality in the choices thou, if the MC screws up or simply decides to go in one direction rather than another, it should be accounted for, unless the VN is a harem sort of VN.
1721174560174.png

She does take them off, but as we all know, it was pretty pointless of her to do so. And she obviously forgot them :cautious:

Better Cock Spock

Jul 29, 2017
I'd say that if your doing a one-LI-faithful-route, stay in Dereks. I might be wrong but staying with either Sage or Bella leads to lewd scenes with them.
Staying with Sage means you're fuck buddies no matter what, so unavoidable lewds.

But you can stay with Bella without anything sexual happening. However, you can only stay with her if you make out in the library.

Milton749

Engaged Member
Jul 26, 2023
I'll take some of that, please.

We do get the occasional scene not involving MC, so it can be done (or it happens with MC watching, perhaps). Would also serve to shut up (for maybe two minutes) those who say Josy and Maya never do anything together, it's only when MC is there.
To be fair, I think there is only person that thinks they never even talk to each other unless Tremolo is on screen. :)

Rehwyn

Apr 10, 2024
Blaming Patrick is easy but wrong he isn't the reason Josy and Maya relationship is a mess it's a mess because they don't love each like they once did
Having known some people forced to hide their sexuality and relationships before, I think you severely underestimate the toll that something like that can take on a person and the relationship. It's easy to do if you haven't been in that position or known someone that has, but that chronic low-grade stress can really build up and profoundly affect their mental, physical, and relationship health.

For the people I've known in situations like that, if/when they've gotten to a point where they feel safe and secure enough that they no longer feel like they need to hide, I've been told it's like a massive weight has been lifted and I've easily recognized improvements in their health, mood, and relationships. (Edit: This is also supported by a plethera of studies on the topic, look into "minority stress" specifically for LGBTQ individuals if you're interested.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Ricthequick

KАRАMBA

Engaged Member
Jan 6, 2021
There's a pretty bad lewd you can't avoid staying at Derek's too.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So that's what you are. :confused:
You hide disgusting renders under spoiler, knowing that honest users, driven by curiosity, will be defenseless before your treachery. :eek:
It's a shame to do that. :cautious:
contempt-baxter-cain.gif

Educifer

Jun 13, 2017
Staying with Sage means you're fuck buddies no matter what, so unavoidable lewds.

But you can stay with Bella without anything sexual happening. However, you can only stay with her if you make out in the library.
He wants too avoid Bella, so Derek it is. I myself justfinished a Jill centred route, I stayed at Dereks. Didn't feel right kissing Bella.

Better Cock Spock

Jul 29, 2017
I mean the breaking points for Jill are (I think) skipping the picnick or when she decides to bring Bella some cappuccino rather than cigarettes :cool:
Missing the picnic is the big one, 2nd biggest is not fighting for Jill, which means you aren't invited to sushi. And all of it won't matter if you're DIK affinity.

Reactions: Milton749

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
not true I always play Sages path without having sex with anyone including Sage until Chapter 7 at the hot's party as I dont like the FWB path for Sage. I have only played her FWB path once

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes