Rehwyn

Apr 10, 2024
I know this is well tread ground in the thread, but it always feels weird that there is no option for the MC to really explain what Quinn is doing to Maya or Sage.
I agree, but the broader reason is probably narrative and development related. The restaurant ties to a lot of other plot elements, like the Burke's, Maya's scholarship, etc.

Would be nice to at least acknowledge the MC considered or tried telling her more though.

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
Quinn has a long way to go to get any sort of redemption. She came from a really bad situation, surrounded by negative influences and without any real support in her life. She does a lot of bad things but there have been a few moments to show that underneath she actually cares.

She is very self destructive, lacks true self esteem and at times is abusive because of all the trauma she has gone through. I think her best shot at redemption in a game like this is self sacrifice of some kind.

As much as I’d like to think she just needs someone who sees her for who she is, accepts her baggage and all, but calls her out on her BS, I don’t think that is likely to be enough narrative drama for the story being told.
Yeah, it'll take time and effort, for sure. It'd need to start in episode 11 or 12, and being an ongoing progress throughout season 4. Ideally it'd still be ongoing during her epilogue or whatever.

I don't agree with the self sacrifice angle, though. "Redemption equals death/prison" is already a lazy way to not have to deal with the follow up of a character trying to be a better person. I would much rather see the story of her trying to make amends for the people she's wronged. Maya and Mona being the big ones. Other forms of self sacrifice would be good to see, though. Something that lets her story avoid a sudden end. That's actually interesting.

It's not a matter of redemption, but Quinn has clearly taken advantage of Sage's trust, so he has to deal with her willingly or unwillingly
Of course. That would be part of her redemption arc. She needs to make amends to those she's wronged.

Reactions: EatYourVegetables

Rehwyn

Apr 10, 2024
Yeah, it'll take time and effort, for sure. It'd need to start in episode 11 or 12, and being an ongoing progress throughout season 4. Ideally it'd still be ongoing during her epilogue or whatever.

I don't agree with the self sacrifice angle, though. "Redemption equals death/prison" is already a lazy way to not have to deal with the follow up of a character trying to be a better person. I would much rather see the story of her trying to make amends for the people she's wronged. Maya and Mona being the big ones. Other forms of self sacrifice would be good to see, though. Something that lets her story avoid a sudden end. That's actually interesting.

Of course. That would be part of her redemption arc. She needs to make amends to those she's wronged.
Quinn not leaving Riona out to dry could be a good "trigger" for the start of such an arc.

Sometimes people need a big shock for them to realize how much they've messed up.

Reactions: EatYourVegetables

EatYourVegetables

Formerly 'BroccoliFan'
May 31, 2024
Other forms of self sacrifice would be good to see, though. Something that lets her story avoid a sudden end. That's actually interesting.
I think for a game like this something bigger than slowly changing is likely. However, I do agree that something other than just death or prison would be preferred. I don't think self sacrifice necessarily has to be one of those two things. I do though hope there is a "good" ending of some sort for her and MC if you play that route, even if she has a "bad" ending in other people's routes. Something that makes the MC's influence in the last chapter impactful would be nice.

Reactions: RandoCard3

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

I would not speak of redemption, because that presupposes repentance, which Quinn is not said to ever have; it all depends on her motivations. Quinn could apologize for going behind Sage's back without being repentant for what she did, remaining true to herself.

EatYourVegetables

Formerly 'BroccoliFan'
May 31, 2024
I would not speak of redemption, because that presupposes repentance, which Quinn is not said to ever have; it all depends on her motivations. Quinn could apologize for going behind Sage's back without being repentant for what she did, remaining true to herself.
Quinn started to show that she is capable on the Roof on Halloween and with MC at the fastfood place. She doesn't as blatantly say she knows she is messed up as Sage does, but she at least seems capable of repentance and the beginnings of self reflection.

godkingxerxes

Sep 27, 2020
BROTHERS!! I am usually just a lurker, and well I have played 150+ games which I have found on this website and BaDik is by FAR my favorite. Anyways cutting to the point I was wondering if there was an unofficial discord server for BaDik, which is at least active for the most part. And if there is, please someone be so kind to share the link to that server.
The sub has a discord, they always looking for new members.

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
Quinn not leaving Riona out to dry could be a good "trigger" for the start of such an arc.

Sometimes people need a big shock for them to realize how much they've messed up.
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Especially with the apology scene earlier in the episode.

I feel like we've had enough moments with her that shows she's not entirely happy with who she is. I don't see a genuine desire to be better as particularly out of character for her. It all depends on what she chooses when she comes to that crossroads.

KАRАMBA

Engaged Member
Jan 6, 2021
Redemption? Repentance? Are you serious?
Did she kill someone?
What should she repent of ? And to whom? Maybe Sage?
Well of course...
But first, let Sage bring charges against her "daddy."
The one who provided her with a comfortable existence.
For some reason, it seems to me that she won't be too strict with him.
This world is imperfect. Everyone has their sins.
Fuck repentance. Only sick psychos repent, or those who have been cornered, and they have no other choice.
But yes, Quinn needs to figure out how to trick all these "decent" jerks.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I feel like we've had enough moments with her that shows she's not entirely happy with who she is. I don't see a genuine desire to be better as particularly out of character for her. It all depends on what she chooses when she comes to that crossroads.
What are you referring to? It seems to me that Quinn is becoming more inclined to trust, such as apologizing to Tommy, but I don't see any willingness to change her life

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
Redemption? Repentance? Are you serious?
Did she kill someone?
What should she repent of ? And to whom? Maybe Sage?
Well of course...
But first, let Sage bring charges against her "daddy."
The one who provided her with a comfortable existence.
For some reason, it seems to me that she won't be too strict with him.
This world is imperfect. Everyone has their sins.
Fuck repentance. Only sick psychos repent, or those who have been cornered, and they have no other choice.
But yes, Quinn needs to figure out how to trick all these "decent" jerks.
I know your Quinn biggest simp but she got Rio kidnap which even you have said so. Yes Quinn needs to repented she thinks she just selling drugs and helping horny guys but doesn't understand what her lifestyle leads to she doesn't get that this could get you killed and she doesn't get you might have to kill someone to save your ass and life she thinks you just have to act tough in truth she just as native as Maya or even Jill.
Quinn thinks she a baddie a real baddie would leave her dead on the street with a hole in the head and Quinn would be powerless to stop it
I don't say it to hate on her but real pimps and drug dealers don't act like Quinn they colder and ruthless

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I know your Quinn biggest simp but she got Rio kidnap which even you have said so. Yes Quinn needs to repented she thinks she just selling drugs and helping horny guys but doesn't understand what her lifestyle leads to she doesn't get that this could get you killed and she doesn't get you might have to kill someone to save your ass and life she thinks you just have to act tough in truth she just as native as Maya or even Jill.
Quinn thinks she a baddie a real baddie would leave her dead on the street with a hole in the head and Quinn would be powerless to stop it
I don't say it to hate on her but real pimps and drug dealers don't act like Quinn they colder and ruthless
Not me if I was a pimp. I would make sure to give my sweethearts lots of cuddles and kisses and if they want a day off, they've got it.

I should really give Quinn some pointers.

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
Blaming Quinn for Rio getting kidnapped is fucking absurd. The fact that Vinnie and their boss are psychos isn't on her. Quinn has done some shit, but that's not one of them.

Vinnie are whatshisname are to blame for that, y'know, cause they fucking kidnapped her.
What are you referring to? It seems to me that Quinn is becoming more inclined to trust, such as apologizing to Tommy, but I don't see any willingness to change her life
For Quinn, that's huge. That was ingrained into by her dad since she was a kid, and if she was happy to keep living that way, she wouldn't have felt the need to apologise.

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
Blaming Quinn for Rio getting kidnapped is fucking absurd. The fact that Vinnie and their boss are psychos isn't on her. Quinn has done some shit, but that's not one of them.

Vinnie are whatshisname are to blame for that, y'know, cause they fucking kidnapped her.

For Quinn, that's huge. That was ingrained into by her dad since she was a kid, and if she was happy to keep living that way, she wouldn't have felt the need to apologise.
Its cause and affect there is nothing absurd about blaming Quinn for this, yes it Vinny that did it but you cannot say Quinn actions had nothing to do with it because they did 100% if it wasn't for Quinn, Rio would be happy and safe right now

KАRАMBA

Engaged Member
Jan 6, 2021
I don't think it's worth seriously discussing what pimps and drug dealers really are. They can be different.
Often, petty drug dealers are ordinary cowards, shaking from their own shadow.
We shouldn't imagine them as some kind of super "baddies" killing people right and left.
They do this only in order to provide themselves with a dose and not die of withdrawal.
And, I've never seen Quinn position herself as a "baddie" in any way.
Let's just be honest, she never threatened anyone. Moreover, she did not threaten anyone with physical violence.
She acts on the basis of circumstances. Burke somehow got her involved in this business, and she's doing her job.
She does not force any of the girls to do anything against their will.
So I think, I'm sure, that when you say that Quinn thinks of herself as a baddie, you're wrong.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes