Better Cock Spock

Jul 29, 2017
Oh man, don't tell me the thread might actually devolve even more.... baby names :FacePalm:
Besides, the only acceptable names are Tremolo Jr and variations like Fuckface, no matter the gender.

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
This ending is so happy, so positive...BORING! Needs to be rewritten. :LOL:
View attachment 3945412
In that case - Josy.
Let's give her a George R.R. Martin-style ending, Spock. :KEK:
GRRM doesn't write endings, he gives it to terrible TV writers to ruin instead. He also doesn't really give his female main characters bad endings, the one female main character he did kill he then resurrected as a zombie.

I think Josy's closest character in ASOIAF is probably either of the Stark girls so he'd either make her a ninja assassin or have her learning to be manipulative to get power.

Roger-a-Dale

May 9, 2024
This ending is so happy, so positive...BORING! Needs to be rewritten. :LOL:
View attachment 3945412
Hold it right there! I can't let such idiocy pass. The "happily ever after" kind of ending isn't boring because it's happy. It's boring because it's half-assed. No, it's even less than that it's quarter-assed. "I've told the story of dragons, swords, magic, adventure and action, but I don't know what would actually make my characters happy, so I'll just put the cliche at the end." Useless hacks! They shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the sacred tools of story telling.

Happy endings aren't boring when you do them right. Show that you truly understand the characters you've created and give them the happy ending they've earned and it's awesome.

Nov 6, 2023
Hold it right there! I can't let such idiocy pass. The "happily ever after" kind of ending isn't boring because it's happy. It's boring because it's half-assed. No, it's even less than that it's quarter-assed. "I've told the story of dragons, swords, magic, adventure and action, but I don't know what would actually make my characters happy, so I'll just put the cliche at the end." Useless hacks! They shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the sacred tools of story telling.

Happy endings aren't boring when you do them right. Show that you truly understand the characters you've created and give them the happy ending they've earned and it's awesome.
meh it really depends. happy endings arent bad, they just need to be written well.

if the characters actions have no consequences on the happy ending then its lazily written, if it affects it either positively or negatively in an impactful way then its fine

Reactions: Roger-a-Dale

Better Cock Spock

Jul 29, 2017
GRRM doesn't write endings, he gives it to terrible TV writers to ruin instead. He also doesn't really give his female main characters bad endings, the one female main character he did kill he then resurrected as a zombie.

I think Josy's closest character in ASOIAF is probably either of the Stark girls so he'd either make her a ninja assassin or have her learning to be manipulative to get power.
You may be onto something...
1724035011228.png

Reactions: Ahrimy
4.80 star(s) 1,549 Votes