Roger-a-Dale

May 9, 2024
Not really, just be as polite as possible, then you can still punch him and get the documents no problemo.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It's still the hardest combination of choices. Rescuing Maya and still failing to get the docs is easier to do.

The point is that in order to pull it off you have to make very specific choices not just in the free roam, but in episodes 7 and 8.

It's bound to be significant. Especially on Sage's path as it can only be done if Sage is there.

Reactions: Crusader of Romance

Better Cock Spock

Engaged Member
Jul 29, 2017
It's still the hardest combination of choices. Rescuing Maya and still failing to get the docs is easier to do.

The point is that in order to pull it off you have to make very specific choices not just in the free roam, but in episodes 7 and 8.

It's bound to be significant. Especially on Sage's path as it can only be done if Sage is there.
Sage's mere presence makes Patrick less suspicious, and if you choose Save Maya it's safe to say you generally make CHICK choices, which would mean you were probably polite with Patrick, and are free to obtain the documents.
Aren't those the same conditions as punching Oscar?
Probably. Yes.
$ mc_info = ["Punch him","ep9_josy_punch_label","Throw him out","ep9_josy_throw_label","Comfort Josy","ep9_josy_comfort_label",(ep2FoughtJocks or ep5_agitatedCaleb or ep6_foughtTommy)]
show screen major_choice_screen
$ renpy.pause()

Reactions: Educifer

Crusader of Romance

Dec 14, 2019

I didn't even know you could succeed. I guess I have to try again.

Mar 9, 2019
Aren't those the same conditions as punching Oscar?
The basis for receiving violent options past episode 8 is to pick the majority of violent options given before episode 8. I don't see that trend going away in the future and - correct me if I'm wrong - I do believe the violent options are available on CHICK affinity as well as long as you follow that trend.

Macky009

Formerly 'Mackey32'
Oct 29, 2020
Kinda weird that the walkthrough doesn't make any mention of the variables involved, but this is the script regarding your choices: Punch him, confront him, or save Maya

Basically if you get into fights, you'll get to punch Patrick when Neutral.
Here's the official walkthrough on this section
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: I'm Canadian bub

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Season 1 mostly presents the main characters and starts the story. It doesn't really start until towards the end of the first season. This game takes its time to tell the stories.
The UI is the same throughout the series. He did experiment with it in the Interlude episode but fans didn't like it. It's a pretty standard UI for this type of game, IMO.
The free roam gets much better in season 2. I especially enjoy the free roam parties.
I feel it's definitely worth it if you're in it for the story and characters, and like visual novels. And he keeps adding more types of mini-games that I personally really enjoy.
Honestly, I think that the first 5 episodes - season 1 + season 2 first 1 episode - are the best parts of the story by far.

And I really HATE those annoying minigames he starts adding since the Mansion gets raided. Damn, that Mansion rebuilding management mini-game is so boring, tiring and annoying... and it drags over and over.

What you wrote, well... it really makes wonder. Da fuck is wrong with you, man?

Reactions: GC7pp

Macky009

Formerly 'Mackey32'
Oct 29, 2020
I have the walkthrough, I posted an excerpt from it earlier, but I appreciate it (y)
I saw your post (y)

I just thought posting the whole walkthrough for this section so they will know what to choice to choose.

Speaking of choice I 'm not sure how but you guys mention and it's also on the walkthrough that Sage is to be present, I never knew she could not come on this section. Is it the choices on episode 9 affects Sage decision?

Mar 9, 2019
I saw your post (y)

I just thought posting the whole walkthrough for this section so they will know what to choice to choose.

Speaking of choice I 'm not sure how but you guys mention and it's also on the walkthrough that Sage is to be present, I never knew she could not come on this section. Is it the choices on episode 9 affects Sage decision?
If you tell Josy about Chad and Troy she will have the idea that has Sage go to the dinner with you, if you don't tell her Sage doesn't go. I believe that choice is in episode 8 at the gym.

Reactions: Roger-a-Dale

Better Cock Spock

Engaged Member
Jul 29, 2017
I saw your post (y)

If you tell Josy about Chad and Troy in Episode 8, that prompts a discussion about beards. Later when discussing Thanksgiving at the library in Episode 10, Josy remembers the beard discussion and comes up with that idea.
If you don't share with Josy, then Sage doesn't come.

Sep 26, 2023
If you tell Josy about Chad and Troy she will have the idea that has Sage go to the dinner with you, if you don't tell her Sage doesn't go. I believe that choice is in episode 8 at the gym.
If you tell Josy about Chad and Troy in Episode 8, that prompts a discussion about beards. Later when discussing Thanksgiving at the library in Episode 10, Josy remembers the beard discussion and comes up with that idea.
No, she only comes if you tell Josy about Chad and Troy. If you don't she doesn't have the beard idea and Sage doesn't come.
the-three-caballeros.gif

Macky009

Formerly 'Mackey32'
Oct 29, 2020
I remember that guy, I know a few of us commented that he didn't and all the joking was done with love and Darkwen knew that we loved having him around.

I think he'll be back, it's not the first time he's been gone for a quite a few days.
I apologize if I went too far. As I mention to Darkwen before it's not serious and if I offended him I apologize to him
In short I need to be a tattletale to Josy and tell her Troy and Chad are dating. Lucky me I did that to all my playthrough:D

Educifer

Jun 13, 2017
Honestly, I think that the first 5 episodes - season 1 + season 2 first 1 episode - are the best parts of the story by far.

And I really HATE those annoying minigames he starts adding since the Mansion gets raided. Damn, that Mansion rebuilding management mini-game is so boring, tiring and annoying... and it drags over and over.

What you wrote, well... it really makes wonder. Da fuck is wrong with you, man?
I liked the mansion rebuilding mini game, was actually hoping to continue at least for managing the DIKs earnings. Also like the party planner. I liked the new ones from math and science class. I hated english and gender studies class and the fish tank, I refuse to play that is just stupid.

But as far as I remember, most liked the mansion rebuilding. You can always play with mini games off, and if you know how to use console commands you can turn them on/off at will.

Better Cock Spock

Engaged Member
Jul 29, 2017
I apologize if I went too far. As I mention to Darkwen before it's not serious and if I offended him I apologize to him in the past

In short I need to be a tattletale to Josy and tell her Troy and Chad are dating. Lucky me I did that to all my playthrough:D
I used to never tell Josy unless I was on her path, but now I always do so Sage comes. Hopefully it doesn't bite me in the ass later :cautious:

• Haha
Reactions: Macky009
4.80 star(s) 1,552 Votes