Moryaka26

Aug 28, 2019
As a big ASOIAF fan (the book series where GOT comes from) this is particually painful, but GOT doesn't have good writing since season 4. It changed its good writing for visuals and shock value, a good example of what not to do when doing a story. BADIK does a lot of things that ASOIAF does, like having well developed characters that make the story progress, not the story being the one that demands how characters should act. With AL I had my suspension of disbefief broken at some points in the story, it hasn't happened in BADIK yet, the level of writing has improved a lot.
It will be good if season final of BADIK is better than final season of GOT

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
Apart from some loopholes can the writing remain consistent? I thought AL started off strong but kind of just ran out of steam towards the end.
I felt the last 2 chapters displayed a pretty obvious "I'm tired of this, let's move on quickly" attitude. "The Event" was a pretty good example of that, it came out of left field with zero warning, despite some people saying it was "planned" from the beginning (doubtful).

icesun

Be nice! Until it's time to not be nice...
Former Staff
Nov 2, 2018
Apart from some loopholes can the writing remain consistent? I thought AL started off strong but kind of just ran out of steam towards the end.
The thing is (at least as far as I know) - and I won't go through the thread to piece evidence together, so you either think it's reasonable enough and believe me or look it up yourself:
AL started off with the forced relationship with Megan (and no way to end that reasonably without writing too much stuff around it), which caused a huge backlash by two groups of people:
a) Those who didn't want to be with her in the first place
b) Those who didn't want to cheat on her to get the proper content
which from what I can tell frustrated DPC substantially and he decided to wrap things up (thus the FIRE-CHOICE-KIDNAPPING-ENDING) instead of just quitting...
That forced relationship stuff (EDIT: that and the unavoidable event with Rose and Jason, sorry) was also the downfall of Lancaster Boarding House (which was wrapped up in a similar fashion - just without the death stuff)...

PS: To this day I'm not entirely sure how much that backlash contributed towards DPC being hostile towards this site...

Last edited:

bmyers77

Aug 20, 2019
Maya and Josie both are in a relationship and both hit the MC, Josie aparently ghosting on Maya (not cool), and Maya.... really not sure what Josie have on her but for sure they have some couple problems outside from Maya´s family

Jill looks good, the only LI clearly single, but untill ep.3 the lack of content and back ground hurt her for me at least, and DPC still give us the chance to date her only to mess with Tybalt.... so....mmm still for me its the most clear path for a relationship in the game so far.

Sage its Chad girlfriend, and from the beggining (when we meet her) every one know that they have some problems.. yeah... MC can kiss her and she for shure want some with us (MC) but when the question about a possible relationship its her who said that she only looking for some fun soo.....

Bella its married, and probably only see us (MC) as a form of release, she said that was 3 years from the last time she felt like this I think..... soo probably not a lock for a long term LI for us really, but sure almost all of us can enjoy some fun with the bomb that is Bella

so... this get us to the side girl, and the only two that have some type of chance to be in anything close to a relationship with the MC are Quinn and Jade, sorry for Camilla (love her latina ass...Im from Argentina...) Riona, Cathy Sarah or any of the other girls.

Jade like Bella its married, but its clear from the start that she is no more than a sexy MILF to have fun with, not relationship material at least for what DPC show us

And then came Quinn, really dont like her as a LI but its a fun character and one important for the story, maybe if you really really like her (like Name88) you can use all your money in her bussines and have the chance to rock her world in that last scene of the treesome with Riona, but, for what I undestand her character, she its not looking for a real relationship its only bussines and some fun.

So.....that give us 3/4 real chances at least for a relationship in the game, 1 the most obvious one Jill, 2 and 3 one of Josie or Maya and finally (the one that was stolen from us in AL) a threesome with Maya+Josie

Thats my take on the LI`s so far.....

Sorry if my english its not that good
Josy es la mejor lejos, el plot twist que se mandaron haciendo que sea la novia de maya no me la vi venir.

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
The thing is (at least as far as I know) - and I won't go through the thread to piece evidence together, so you either think it's reasonable enough and believe me or look it up yourself:
AL started off with the forced relationship with Megan (and no way to end that reasonably without writing too much stuff around it), which caused a huge backlash by two groups of people:
a) Those who didn't want to be with her in the first place
b) Those who didn't want to cheat on her to get the proper content
which from what I can tell frustrated DPC substantially and he decided to wrap things up (thus the FIRE-CHOICE-KIDNAPPING-ENDING) instead of just quitting...
That forced relationship stuff was also the downfall of Lancaster Boarding House (which was wrapped up in a similar fashion - just without the death stuff)...

PS: To this day I'm not entirely sure how much of that backlash is the reason DPC is hostile towards this site...
To me the fire in AL was one of those things that you build the game around, like the Red Wedding was planned since the beginning in ASOIAF, but if things are like you say it makes a lot of sense. One onf my problems with AL was that the start of Megan's relationship seemed too forced, and was one of those "breaking the suspension of disbelief" moments. It's also true that the game seemed rushed after the incident, but it could be because DPC burned out or because it was the natural intended flow of events.

That's one of the main problems with episodic games, if the author starts making changes based on feedback it can lead to a worse game/a game he's not happy with. I hope DPC makes the game he wants to make.

(Forced relationships aren't very good in this kind of games, though).

Last edited:

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
I think again that is a bit of a concern we seem to have been cornered into pursuing all the girls so far I know that will change but would be nice to get a separate option at not having to pursue them a bit like the Jill date, either way, we can't get out of it.
I don't think it's the same, it's not like we are forced into a relationship with Jill. The game explicitly makes of choose if we do it because we like her or because we want to antagonize Tybalt. I wouldn't say there are forced relationships in BADIK right now.

rocopc

Feb 27, 2019
Josy es la mejor lejos, el plot twist que se mandaron haciendo que sea la novia de maya no me la vi venir.
Eh... otro que habla castellano!!!! yo me imaginaba que algo se iba a venir... pero no exactamente eso.... jaja

He said that Josie is the best and he dosent expect the plot twist with Josie and maya being girlfriends.

And I respond that Im happy that we found another spanish speaking person haha and that I suspect something but not that they are together in a relationship

Saludos Bmyers77!!!

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
I don't think it's the same, it's not like we are forced into a relationship with Jill. The game explicitly makes of choose if we do it because we like her or because we want to antagonize Tybalt. I wouldn't say there are forced relationships in BADIK right now.
I said the date with Jill is what we are forced into either way it can't be avoided, not that I mind but some people might just have no interest in Jill and would rather opt-out of that. with the relationship side of it, I hope we get more of a choice after all it does say dating sim in one of the tags so we should be able to pick who and we want or don't want to be in a relationship with.

TheKnight

Jul 7, 2018
Hellos , i am new to this game but i really love it , i just have 1 question
the difference between DIK and CHICK , i know games like this have different paths and each path leads to different interactions and results but i don't know the general idea of both of them.
is DIK like asshole , bully ,strong ,care for his benefits and CHICK is for caring , romantic , less problems or what ?
i just want the general idea cuz i have no idea what paths i can predict to have, cuz many times i choose things to DIK and then i choose CHICK choices and the game needs to follow 1 path a time and i am confused.
Thanks in advance.

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
I said the date with Jill is what we are forced into either way it can't be avoided, not that I mind but some people might just have no interest in Jill and would rather opt-out of that. with the relationship side of it, I hope we get more of a choice after all it does say dating sim in one of the tags so we should be able to pick who and we want or don't want to be in a relationship with.
Well, I agree on that. It's not the same choosing who to have a love relationship with than choosing who to interact with. In some games when you reject someone they seem to disappear suddenly from the game completely. I prefer games like this where plot is more important where characters can't disappear because they are important to the plot, but I know that's me.

icesun

Be nice! Until it's time to not be nice...
Former Staff
Nov 2, 2018
Hellos , i am new to this game but i really love it , i just have 1 question
the difference between DIK and CHICK , i know games like this have different paths and each path leads to different interactions and results but i don't know the general idea of both of them.
is DIK like asshole , bully ,strong ,care for his benefits and CHICK is for caring , romantic , less problems or what ?
i just want the general idea cuz i have no idea what paths i can predict to have.
Thanks in advance.
Kinda, yeah - DIK is "I'm Alpha and you're either female (pretty is fine, everything else not so much) or Beta (at best)" - Chick is "I'm a kind person, a good listener, etc." - and the ladies will react to that differently (e.g. Sage leans more towards DIK, Maya more towards Chick)
But don't forget: There's also the neutral option...

JollyGeorgieM

Apr 14, 2019
So, another character suspected of being gay, huh? I wonder why I keep landing on the other side of the fence in these debates. For me, Jamie didn't come across as gay. I always read it as his DIK brother is gay, and specifically gay for Jamie, and keeps trying to rope him into gay shit in the hopes Jamie will love him back. But Jamie, as he says himself, has standards (even though he's dating Dany... shaky leg to stand on, bro). And those standards are about women - he's not even considering dudes.

For reference, I also said Chad is not gay - he just doesn't like Sage. That one seems pretty obvious to me; she's a status symbol, a trophy for the jock so to speak, and nothing more. The phone sex thing seems pretty clear. And I really do feel that at least Josy (if not Maya as well) is not gay either. Maya might well be bi, but Josy really seems like she was only dating Maya because her father was a poor example of men and her stepbrother Tommy was an even worse one. She was lonely and found comfort in eager Maya's arms. But when she found an actually good guy (us!) she experienced real feelings... and here we are.

Controversial take? Idk. One thing I'm sure we can all agree on though is: the last season of GoT sucked donkey balls. :sick:

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes