FlipFish

Oct 23, 2017
I agree with all the posts saying that the ball was dropped with that final decision regarding Maya and Josy. You either get to start a polyamorous relationship or you remain friends and walk away while they proceed to ignore MC's existence and kiss. With how hilariously butthurt the MC was acting throughout the update you'd think there would be an option to cut them out of your life. But both are still main LI's so I guess it wouldn't be realistic to just ignore them for the rest of the game since I'm sure they'll have prominent involvement in some future updates.

Reactions: Iruna.

Steve1001

Jun 25, 2017
Haha so once agin ppl seem to be shiting and or talking about Maya? Guessing her and Josie path didn't go the way you wanted...

Being a stand up guy and not dating two chicks at once gets you friend zoned, go figure.. Better to be dik's guys, Sage is better anyway I'm telling ya..:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Go chick for the better girls like Bella or jill.
It's not that it didn't go the way I wanted. It was just massively unrealistic. Just completely fell off a cliff.

BuddhaOnaDiet

Oct 10, 2019
As I see it MC's reaction to finding out about M&J is more of a emotional reaction rather than a reasonable one. Easy to act on emotions even if it doesn't necessarily make sense. I can somewhat sympathize.

Reactions: Esp`` and Queckor

BigLurker

Jun 16, 2018
I agree with all the posts saying that the ball was dropped with that final decision regarding Maya and Josy. You either get to start a polyamorous relationship or you remain friends and walk away while they proceed to ignore MC's existence and kiss. With how hilariously butthurt the MC was acting throughout the update you'd think there would be an option to cut them out of your life. But both are still main LI's so I guess it wouldn't be realistic to just ignore them for the rest of the game since I'm sure they'll have prominent involvement in some future updates.
Knowing the creator, he will force those 2 girls onto you. I choose "please friendzone me". I bet the next update will have more Maya and Jose content with drama. Despite you clearly stating being friends. No more. Because those two are the center of his "story".

I also found it funny, like you stated, MC was butthurt like hell. But you couldnt even choose to ignore those 2. Again, creator in his grand wisdom needed them to make amends. Cause story and fire.

Blablablafapper

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2019
I wouldn't be so sure about that I think it's more down to her starting to let go that her husband is not coming back and she has been taking these steps ever since the MC entered her life, What she did with the MC is probably the most she has done in years so it's probably a huge relief for her making these steps at moving on. She is without a doubt falling for the MC it's a slow burn but that end result will be so worth it with her even just to get that smile from her.
OP's statement also simply isn't true. Stephen isn't intimidated by her 'aura' and tried his luck by shooting his shot only to get blatantly rejected.

TomPhan

Jan 1, 2019
I'm gonna post my thoughts about the Maya and Josy situation. I am not a Maya/Josy fan they are way down my list of girls but I did enjoy their content in previous episodes and in this one even. Pretty sure it's gonna be an unpopular opinion but here goes:

I think most of the people getting pissed off at these two are acting like pussies to be quite frank, and the MC is absolutely overreacting.

Josy tells us from day one that she is in a relationship. It's the MC's choice to continue harbouring feelings and to pursue her. He even fucks her (if you chose this) knowing that she's in a relationship with someone and assuming that it's a guy. It shouldn't even matter to him that it's with Maya (which he makes a big deal out of) because the only reason that complicates things further is that he decided to fall for her also.

Maya is also standoffish from the MC from day one. She actively tries to divert his attention away from her and only starts reciprocating anything when the MC is pushing her and they are living together (which is MC's fault and she is doing him a favour). When we watch a movie together she explicitly tells MC it would be a bad idea for him to start feeling attracted towards her. Later when they're making out in bed after the first DIK party she says that she doesn't feel good about using the MC and he tells her that it's not using if both of them are using each other. The only time she leads the MC on is the final sex scene of Episode 3, at this point she hasn't spoken to Josy for a week or longer due to Josy being grounded and having no phone, and their relationship is completely on the rocks. Yeah she made a mistake at this point, but understanding the circumstances it's forgiveable.

The only complaints I have about this storyline from Episode 4 is DPC's decision to make the relationship continue or not rely on something so arbitrary. It should be based on your relationship points with both of them and nothing else. There's absolutely no reason for them to decide against dating the MC because he made choices that neither of them are even aware of. If it was gonna go that route it should have been designed like Bella's lunch scene in Episode 3 where her opinion of MC is shaped by his previous actions coming to light.

The two of them making out right after rejecting MC is pretty savage too but I basically just chose to ignore that since MC can't see it happening anyway. I don't really know why that was included but it's not a big deal in the story.

Lastly there is a pretty glaring plot hole IMO where Josy doesn't seem to question at all why the MC is pissed off at Maya even when he explicitly makes a big deal out of it in the bathroom (and also in texts if you choose that option).
I agree with everything you wrote about Josy's and Maya's behaviour, and personally I still like both of them, but I think it's unfair to blame the players for being pissed off.
I think most of the people getting pissed off at these two are acting like pussies to be quite frank, and the MC is absolutely overreacting.
The latter part is key here. In order to pass fair judgement on Maya and Josy, you have to disconnect yourself from the player character. As a developer, you can't expect your players to do that - on the contrary, you want players to be immersed in your game as much as possible.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

DaweFan69

Jun 25, 2019
We can all agree that Maya and Josy story in ep4 is really poorly writen but what does DPCs patrons say about that? Did he replyed to anyone about that?
I disagree that its poorly written. Just because Maya is not perfect and does things normal humans do and isnt 100% a slave to MC when she has other options is just realism , not bad writing

BuddhaOnaDiet

Oct 10, 2019
Haven't been active in this thread before this update, so this question might have been discussed and answered a hundred times before. Buuuut... Chad is gay, right? Just replayed the game to get more Sage content, and it feels obvious (or not?).

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes