Jan 23, 2020
Nonsense. Vinny is Quinn's dealer. His drug business was why he was thrown out of the DIKs and later from B&R.
By the way, when the MC becomes a DIK and starts making his voice heard and he climbs the first steps of the stair in DIK's mansion, at the end of the episode... It was like a deja-vu of Vinny, from the prologue. Strange thing. Why that parallel? Maybe DPC wanted to tell us something :illuminati: or maybe not. Anyway this is one of those things that make this game great. (y)

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Since ep2, Maya, is portrayed as the vulnerable sweet little thing the MC is supposed to protect and comfort all the time. Quinn bullies her, Sarah and Melanie mock her, she has a shitty relationship with her father, she must hide her relationship with Josy, she worries about Derek's cheating, she can't deal with the pledges sexual list, she's insecure with the MC because she never felt attracted to a boy before and the list goes on...

I mean she basically spent the whole episode 4 crying and trying to apologise and AGAIN in ep5 the MC has to comfort her because she felt jealous over the fatherly love Josy received from her father. It feels like the MC has to be the "Ken Doll". We don't really see new sides of her character and she clearly lacks moments when she genuinely bonds with the MC and actually offer real support in return.

By comparison, Sage is introduced as the typicall Girl Posse but she has shown hidden depths. The relationship feels more balanced and organic not only because they are actually bonding on several points (guitar lessons, sex-games, mutual dislike of Dawe, romantic issues...) but also because they comfort and support each other. The MC gave her the affection and the attention chad didn't provide and act like a confidant. On her side, Sage spent the whole ep4 helping and warming the MC up. She's more equal and far less needy. Even the whole fuck buddy things become more and more tender and romantic, showing a real progression.

Same thing for Bella and Jill. They share more activities ( Tennis, Yoga, music, cooking, real dates...) and the MC has to be more mature and subtle with them. They have vulnerable side but the MC doesn't have to act like a big brother figure (actually it's the opposite). Their past and connection is also more intriguing.

The fact Maya has to share his plot with Josy don't help either.
At the risk of wandering into a minefield, I agree Maya's presentation definitely changes after Episode 1. It's clear her niche in the cast is intended to be the girl the MC can protect and comfort.

That said, I don't think it's quite true that she never offers support to the MC after that. She is trying to help the MC sort out his feelings for Josy when he returns from the date (before she is interrupted by plot contrivance). She cleaned up after him when he returned from the Pink Rose completely plastered, and tried to find him the night he spent drunk at Bella's. She did want to help him complete his Hell Week tasks the night Josy arrived. And in an odd way she DOES support then MC when he worries about having to stop dating other girls during the picnic on the Maya/Josy path.

Moreover, Maya hasn't really had a chance to comfort the MC the way Sage or Bella could because she never had the opportunity. That was the only time the MC needed that level of support and Maya was the direct cause of it! Had the MC had been able to talk to Maya about it, the crisis would have been over automatically. If and when the MC's relationship with Jill/Bella/Sage/Karen Rebecca Johnson blows up in his face, I think we will see Maya step up to help him through it (if the player hasn't cut all ties with her, of course).

So I think it's less that she stopped supporting the MC and more that the game chose to gloss over her support for the MC and focus on the times she needed support from the MC as much as possible. I do think the game has gone a bit overboard on that, so I would be happy to see more of Maya acting as a peer to the MC.

But I also think the Maya we saw in Episode 1 was a very incomplete picture. It's Maya as she aspires to be, friendly and free to indulge her quirks without worrying about being judged. As she got to know the MC and value his opinion, and as he got to know the serious quirks that have ruined her life, it was natural she would turn to him for help and thus show a much more vulnerable side.

Which is why I think we will eventually get the old Maya back if the game gets far enough. Fleshing out that impression is going to be Maya's character arc: gaining the confidence to show her serious quirks with same grace she could only show the inconsequential ones. That's certainly what I'm hoping for. We'll see if the game delivers.

tangenty

Apr 26, 2018
hey guys, the console commands affinity= 'CHICK' isnt working for me while money and DIK values are working fine any idea why ?

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Is this timeline consistent with the maggot cycles?

0 : Rusty and Tommy founded the DIKs.

0 : Nick and Vinny were the first maggots in the same year.
(Nick : "Vinny and I were the first maggots to join the DIKs the year Rusty and Tommy started it.")

1 : Jamie and Leon are Maggot brothers.

2 : Jacob and John Boy were maggot brothers last year.
(Jacob : "Yeah, last year. Me and John Boy were maggot brothers.")

3 : Derek and mc are maggot brothers this year.

The CUM-petition is ... annual.
(Tommy : "It's time for the annual ... CUM-petition!")

If the maggots are accepted only once a year, the DIKs were founded 3 years ago.
All true, but I don't recall anything that said 1 & 2 happened in separate years.

Right after the coin flip at the beginning of Ep2, here's the dialog between Rusty & Tommy:

T: Rusty! Is everything ready?

R: Yes! The girls are here and the chairs are in place.

T: Awesome.

R: Yeah, well. Just three pledges this year, though.

T: It will have to do.

So, Jamie, Leon, Jacob, & JB probably all pledged together in the previous year, with Jamie+Leon & Jacob+JB as 2 pairs of Hell Week teams.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
I just finished the episode 3 and starting the 4, but im the only one who feels that the MC is bitching too much about the Jossy and Maya thing? I mean yeah i was surprised too and all but is not like he wasnt fucking or trying to fuck a lot of girls too.
No you are not. Dev took the reins at the start of episode 4 story. Furtunately you get to choose how to act about them later in the same chapter.

chronomate

Jun 5, 2020
I've noticed that the slideshow of "main page" images change when a new chapter is added (or at least they did between Ep. 4 & 5). Can these images from past chapters be accessed somehow? They seem like they ought to be in the gallery (though I know they aren't).

GHQ5T

Nov 12, 2019
Downloaded the game cause I'm a horny bastard.....stayed because this sh*t is funny as hell...and really good . I want Derick as a friend lmao. Geeze this is good, but it's taking up all my time. I'm up till 4am playing it right now

always86

Mar 19, 2020
All true, but I don't recall anything that said 1 & 2 happened in separate years.

Right after the coin flip at the beginning of Ep2, here's the dialog between Rusty & Tommy:

T: Rusty! Is everything ready?

R: Yes! The girls are here and the chairs are in place.

T: Awesome.

R: Yeah, well. Just three pledges this year, though.

T: It will have to do.

So, Jamie, Leon, Jacob, & JB probably all pledged together in the previous year, with Jamie+Leon & Jacob+JB as 2 pairs of Hell Week teams.
Possibly, though don’t American Colleges go for 4 years? I’d have to rewatch to get the timeline. Plus you need pairs, which would imply at least two more for the cumpetition

despelote

May 26, 2017
Finished my very first run of the game the other day...

Very impressive game! What a rollercoaster -- all sorts of ups and downs with *complex* characters with fascinating backgrounds, motives, and goals! Plus, it was f****** HILARIOUS at times! I love it when games can make me laugh! :LOL: :ROFLMAO: And the art is just pure bliss. :love: Bravo!

Even antagonists that you're supposed to hate sometimes seem like good people. For example, Anthony of the Jocks. He's so naive and such a goofball! I bet he'd be fun to hang out with, right? Just look at him rockin' the , lol! He just looks so damn happy! Haha!

But what's the deal with this?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
No love for Quinn in the Rewards section? I mean, my first impressions of that character wasn't all that favorable, but hey you got to have folks like these in games to keep things interesting. Who knows? I bet she has a storied history as well. Hmm, maybe that's what I should try to explore on the next run. ;)
There was a Patreon poll for ep5 Special render between Maya and Quinn, so Maya won these. i am lookin forward to ep6 :unsure:

Hi everyone!

I hope you're all doing well.

I've been pushing on for the last two weeks with the first free-roam event and it's approximately 70% finished. I did move on to pose more static renders and write dialogue as well, just to vary my work a bit.

I'm making good progress, but I still have many scenes to pose and write for before the episode is complete. I estimate that I have written ~70% of the episode.

Currently, 915 static renders and 101 animations are complete.

Maya won the poll for an extra set of special renders. This means that Maya's special renders will be added to episode 5, in addition to the Jill and Riona sets. Quinn will get her chance to shine in special renders of episode 6. I will start a new animation poll later on.

I'll end this status update with a little teaser of the main menu for Season 2.

View attachment 592518

Have a nice weekend and take care of yourselves.

Dr PinkCake

Reactions: Back
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes