Real Kreten

Apr 10, 2020
It is about your playstyle. What do you define as "normal"? (And why do I have to uphold your criteria?) And mind you I would be all for the game to be more restrictive on choices. If the game allows for inconsistent behaviour (however we define it) it's the game's fault. Your suggestion seems to be to allow contradicting choices even if it leads to nonsensical or "not normal" results, which I don't see how it could be any better.

And I don't think you should tell people how to have fun with the game. Some people like RP, some don't and there's nothing wrong with that. That should be DPC's decision, if anyone's.

No, I don't forget about that. DPC made a wonderful job at that. A DIK MC talks differently than a CHICK one, calling the ANO preps sometimes and things like that (that Jill catches on, btw). But in regards to J&M what behavioral changes does the MC have that changes J&M's perception about you? It's too soon to have a reputation of being a certain way. If they heard about the MC being a womanizer, some comment on Camila or Mona, anything... That would at least be something. (But the ingame checks don't check for that, just being a DIK).
Once again, I'm not telling you how to play the game, just not to complain. If the story doesn't suit you. Stop putting words that I didn't write in my mouth.

• Angry
Reactions: jackofshadows

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
Once again, I'm not telling you how to play the game, just not to complain. If the story doesn't suit you. Stop putting words that I didn't write in my mouth.
That's my problem right there. If I think something is not logical or a character is acting out of character I will complain, maybe there is a reason for it, maybe there is not. The scene about Bella deciding on the MC did a good job checking the MC's background, a DIK MC is gaining a bad reputation with Jill that could make her reject him in the future. Compared to those two M&J's scene seems not as well thought out.

I made some lengthy posts about Josy acting out of character in the library scene. Most of it was addressed in ep5. (We will never know if it was a retcon or in was planned out from the start, I'd rather think it was the latter). Which would put the blame on rejecting the MC in Maya, not Josy (also hinting a Josy DIK path, which I predicted), but I digress. It just doesn't seem to be enough background to justify a difference in how they percieve you, just railroading. (Like blocking MC's on the M&J path from Cathy).

I'll grant you the second one because you weren't technically telling people how to play, despite sounding like that.

Darkmetal

Jul 6, 2019
People, I feel, are taking the affinity/status mechanic too literally. Regardless of what the game explanation says, the choices where one accrues them are still just a mechanic for the game to collect its data. In the same way that you gain hit points when you level up in an RPG, you don't magically get 10 extra because you went from 10xp to 11xp and BINGO! It's a representative concept of the cardio, endurance, muscle mass, fighting experience etc you've gained up to that time allowing you to fight for a longer time represented by a conceptual "number" that's easy to understand and for the game to track.

For me, and this is just how I personally regard it, affinity is who you are whilst status is how you want other people to see you.

Normally one might expect them to go the same way, but there is no inconsistency when they do not either. Anyone seeing Jacob without witnessing him do anything or ever talking to him will still think him a massive DIK just from the jacket he wears. People who get to know him may have a different perception.

A lot of people display a certain image but act differently when it comes to the crunch. Let's face it, there are plenty of guys IRL who would crack jokes or mock other people from the safety of the mansion balcony (DIK status) but melt back into the background when faced with Caleb (CHICK affinity). Conversely, there will be those that are quiet and polite in public but will step up and kick the shit out of Caleb too.

Let's take Derek. From the day you first see him trolling Cathy at the Orientation to the T-shirts he wears, he is screaming to the world to see him as DIK. Out of sight of others, do I think he will kick a person when he is down? No. Do I think he will jump into a river to save a drowning puppy? Yes. Have I ever witnessed him actually do any of those CHICK things? Of course not. I don't have to. I feel like I know him well enough to see through his pure DIK facade. So do Maya and Josy who believe Derek is actually a nice guy.

This is my "Derek build." The DIK status is off the scale of the bar itself, but affinity is neutral. Coincidently, it is also the build for my Maya/Josy route.
NeutralA.png

People that don't know this MC well at all - like Camila or Melanie etc. will see the status and treat me as such. M&J, OTOH, both know MC well enough to see past the front to the person. I have no problem with the game's DIK/CHICK mechanic based on how I interpret it.

StarWulf

Apr 30, 2020
I will say this. Everything, minus Sugar Tits "business venture idea" and "possible coup", was fantastic. Still love Sugar Tits though, though she seemed slightly off character. Then again Cake does have a problem with consistancy with writing shit. As we all know.

P.S. Young Bella reminds me of Shaundi from Saints Row 3 and I approve.

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
Does anybody have or know where to find a screen-grab/list of all the available scenes through episodes 1-5 ?

Cheers
You can use unren to unpack the game's rpa-archives and directly access the 6 GB of images. They mostly come in a folder structure images/epN/location and it is easy to find special scenes.

StarWulf

Apr 30, 2020
I know I'm in the minority here, but I NEED more Quinn. I really hope that she becomes a dating option in future updates. I realize she's just a side character and not one of the main females but I feel like she needs to be.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Sugar Tits does need more love. And a better writer for her storyline and content.

Reactions: JamieSadistic

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
Sometimes I wonder if I'd grok the game better if I played all five episodes in the space of a week, rather than spread out over a year, heh.

For example, people have been recalling the MC's monologue in the library -- something about screaming and running away. I'd completely forgotten that. And I can't seem to find the right spot in my save for it. What did he say exactly?

Also, I don't recall the soldier/mannequin from the drunkenness scene, and I didn't even notice the shoe when I looked under the locked door in this episode! I don't suppose anyone took screenshots of either?
The library scene is near the end of ep.3. The making out is in the gallery but mc's monologue is not.
On Wednesday (Hell Week) mc visits Jill in the ano house and asks her for a date. Afterwards he has the option to visit Isabella in the library before going home to Maya where ep.3 ends.

scar.

May 22, 2019
hello everyone please i am looking for the translation in italian but op refer to a page that is not the translation (I apologize for my bad english)

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
People, I feel, are taking the affinity/status mechanic too literally. Regardless of what the game explanation says, the choices where one accrues them are still just a mechanic for the game to collect its data. In the same way that you gain hit points when you level up in an RPG, you don't magically get 10 extra because you went from 10xp to 11xp and BINGO! It's a representative concept of the cardio, endurance, muscle mass, fighting experience etc you've gained up to that time allowing you to fight for a longer time represented by a conceptual "number" that's easy to understand and for the game to track.

For me, and this is just how I personally regard it, affinity is who you are whilst status is how you want other people to see you.

Normally one might expect them to go the same way, but there is no inconsistency when they do not either. Anyone seeing Jacob without witnessing him do anything or ever talking to him will still think him a massive DIK just from the jacket he wears. People who get to know him may have a different perception.

A lot of people display a certain image but act differently when it comes to the crunch. Let's face it, there are plenty of guys IRL who would crack jokes or mock other people from the safety of the mansion balcony (DIK status) but melt back into the background when faced with Caleb (CHICK affinity). Conversely, there will be those that are quiet and polite in public but will step up and kick the shit out of Caleb too.

Let's take Derek. From the day you first see him trolling Cathy at the Orientation to the T-shirts he wears, he is screaming to the world to see him as DIK. Out of sight of others, do I think he will kick a person when he is down? No. Do I think he will jump into a river to save a drowning puppy? Yes. Have I ever witnessed him actually do any of those CHICK things? Of course not. I don't have to. I feel like I know him well enough to see through his pure DIK facade. So do Maya and Josy who believe Derek is actually a nice guy.

This is my "Derek build." The DIK status is off the scale of the bar itself, but affinity is neutral. Coincidently, it is also the build for my Maya/Josy route.
View attachment 684425

People that don't know this MC well at all - like Camila or Melanie etc. will see the status and treat me as such. M&J, OTOH, both know MC well enough to see past the front to the person. I have no problem with the game's DIK/CHICK mechanic based on how I interpret it.
WOW, Just WOW, Dude, Holy Shit. Well said Man. This is literally the Smartest comment about this subject! . The examples that you used, everything is very well thoughtful. This is how i see it also , but you were able to express you opinion way more and smarter than I was able to do :D.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Experience in AL tells me that when you reject a potential LI, you will not have any chance of initiating it again. But then again I haven't tried rejecting any LIs and Jade is also not a LI but a sex target like the cheerleaders in AL. What you said might happen.
If I recall correctly, Rena could still be the end of game LI even if you don't have sex with her. The MC just has to have a few moments with her and either choose her in ep 6, or have Megan or Melissa leave him after the Leah incident. So, even with minimal interactions, there's still a chance with Rena.

This game, of course, is different, and there have been chances to be locked out of certain LIs like Bella and Sage as you can get that lock symbol on them at the end of ep 3 if you haven't met certain requirements to ask to stay with them. But this recent episode had a forced scene to stay with Bella even if she's locked off and, apparently, even if you're not on either of those paths, there are moments that suggest they could reopen, same with M&J when they tell the MC that they rejected or who rejected them that they do have feelings for him.

Jade may not be a main LI, but the MC will surely want to explain to her why he wasn't there and this could really go either way; he can either end it by not giving an excuse and saying he's changed his mind, or he can try again by making up a reason why he wasn't there. With the latter option, Jade could believe his story and thus be convinced to give him another chance. But it could also be that we, as the player, don't get the choice and Jade dismisses him regardless, kind of like of how the Cathy interactions end without a choice on the M&J path.

So right now, I don't see it being a guaranteed certainty that it's over with Jade until we get a chance to talk to her and I hope we can convince her to give the MC another shot because there are perfectly plausible excuses that could work.

JamieSadistic

Dec 19, 2018
Wrinkle in the carpet? Is there a different interaction w/ her if you click a specific spot?
No, apparently I was super baked and didn't realize that if you click anywhere in the room, the scene pops. It just so happened, that I was looking around her room for special renders and clicked the wrinkle in the carpet when she attacked me LOL. My bad. I blame the marijuana.

Reactions: mindern

Dec 20, 2019
If I recall correctly, Rena could still be the end of game LI even if you don't have sex with her. The MC just has to have a few moments with her and either choose her in ep 6, or have Megan or Melissa leave him after the Leah incident. So, even with minimal interactions, there's still a chance with Rena.

This game, of course, is different, and there have been chances to be locked out of certain LIs like Bella and Sage as you can get that lock symbol on them at the end of ep 3 if you haven't met certain requirements to ask to stay with them. But this recent episode had a forced scene to stay with Bella even if she's locked off and, apparently, even if you're not on either of those paths, there are moments that suggest they could reopen, same with M&J when they tell the MC that they rejected or who rejected them that they do have feelings for him.

Jade may not be a main LI, but the MC will surely want to explain to her why he wasn't there and this could really go either way; he can either end it by not giving an excuse and saying he's changed his mind, or he can try again by making up a reason why he wasn't there. With the latter option, Jade could believe his story and thus be convinced to give him another chance. But it could also be that we, as the player, don't get the choice and Jade dismisses him regardless, kind of like of how the Cathy interactions end without a choice on the M&J path.

So right now, I don't see it being a guaranteed certainty that it's over with Jade until we get a chance to talk to her and I hope we can convince her to give the MC another shot because there are perfectly plausible excuses that could work.
If I recall correctly, the walkthrough for AL said that we need to stalk Rena with every opportunity :D There was a playthrough where I interacted with her for a few times, did not go to her house and did not dance with her at the camp fire, and she rejected me at the concert.

Rena is considered a main LI I guess? So that's why I made the distinction of LI and non-LI. So far Jade totally gave me the cold shoulder and I haven't tried a playthrough where I totally reject a main LI (Sage and Bella are too hard to pass up on). I thought the lock symbols are for patreon only in the previous versions. Didn't realize that it means a lock path. I can try a playthrough when I am up for it where I totally focus on one girl and reject all the others and see how the story plays out.

I was playing CHICK affinity in one playthrough and I totally rejected her advances. For that playthrough she totally ignored me at the party (as shown in the screenshot in my previous post).

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes