Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
The implication is that Stephen and Cathy have already fucked. Jade talks about how Stephen came home drunk and practically forces Jade to have sex while calling her Cathy's name.
Are we sure about that? It's ambiguous about whether or not anything actually happened between them because all we know is that he said Cathy's name once when he was drunk, and even Jade admits she never bothered to find out if they had done anything.

screenshot0094.png screenshot0095.png

Jade believes it. Listen to her conversation with the MC in the classroom.
So? People can suspect their husband/wife of cheating but it's not always the case. Yes, Stephen admits to being with 3 students, but I can't see Cathy being with him. She doesn't seem like the type to do that when you consider how she feels about herself and about her Swyper profile.

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
She's afraid to find out. She doesn't want to lose her friend, I don't think she cares about the husband aspect. Just my opinion. Look at her face. She doesn't want to know because she's afraid of the answer. However, because of the look on her face she already knows.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Jade doesn't want confirmation because that would mean destroying her relationship with Cathy.
Anyway Stephen is a hornydog but i doubt he did more than dream about Cathy, same as his threesome with Bella. More likely he just used Quinn's prostitution services to satisfy his hard-on until he was caught by Jade.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Incorrect. Jade states she doesn't want nor need to know if something happened between those two. The more realistic implication is that Stephen being the horndog that he is was just thinking about Cathy while being going at it with Jade. Cathy doesn't strike me as someone who would bang her close friends husband. Plus I'm pretty sure Stephen isn't her type.
I think Cathy states she is more interested in younger guys. But no Burke and Cathy haven't happened I don't think she'd want to betray Jade either.

Jade doesn't want confirmation because that would mean destroying her relationship with Cathy.
There is nothing to confirm though

Reactions: Real Kreten

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
She's afraid to find out. She doesn't want to lose her friend, I don't think she cares about the husband aspect. Just my opinion. Look at her face. She doesn't want to know because she's afraid of the answer. However, because of the look on her face she already knows.
Obviously. Anyone in her position would be afraid of the answer but it still doesn't mean it happened. The only way to know is to find out, but she doesn't out of fear and perhaps if she did ask she'd find out that they didn't do anything, but she'll never know if she doesn't ask.

None of this means that Stephen and Cathy definitely did anything, nor does it mean that Jade knows for sure. She's just choosing not to know either way, which is worse because of how this uncertainty and repression makes her feel.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
I hope, well, hope is the wrong word but I'll stick with it, that one of the girls Burke slept with is underage and Jade knows about it. Not seriously underage, like 17 years and 10 months but that's still enough for Jade to hold all the cards, even if Burke finds out she cheated as well.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: RC-1138 Boss

Kodek

Jun 26, 2017
Obviously. Anyone in her position would be afraid of the answer but it still doesn't mean it happened. The only way to know is to find out, but she doesn't out of fear and perhaps if she did ask she'd find out that they didn't do anything, but she'll never know if she doesn't ask.

None of this means that Stephen and Cathy definitely did anything, nor does it mean that Jade knows for sure. She's just choosing not to know either way, which is worse because of how this uncertainty and repression makes her feel.
I will maintain what i said before. It doesn't matter if it happened or not, because in Jade's mind that was the end of her marriage, she couldn't care less about Burke, because after that night she discovered for sure that he was cheating her.

She only denies out of her friendship with Cathy and don't want to risk hating her as much as she hates Stephen. So in her mind, it could've happened yes, but she choose to trust Cathy and doesn't want to ruin their friendship with doubt and accusations.

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
I hope, well, hope is the wrong word but I'll stick with it, that one of the girls Burke slept with is underage and Jade knows about it. Not seriously underage, like 17 years and 10 months but that's still enough for Jade to hold all the cards, even if Burke finds out she cheated as well.
Without a prenup and you cheat your screwed. Most judges error on the women's side anyway, add in the man has cheated and he might as well have slit his own wrists. She'll get the house, alimony, child support saying the kids are still in school, etc. etc. Add in that it's with students in his position and he's double screwed.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
It is a college so that is unlikely to happen (not going to say impossible because i did knew someone who was 17 when entering university).
Jade doesn't really need this, any evidence that Burke is sleeping with students would be enough for him to suffer some serious consequences. Of course the same is also true for Jade and i get the feeling this may be a plot point for any protagonist who showed evidence of having sex with her to Tommy the junkie and the other DIKs. :unsure:

There is nothing to confirm though
Very likely as i mentioned in the second part of the post. Still only the dev trully knows.

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
Without a prenup and you cheat your screwed. Most judges error on the women's side anyway, add in the man has cheated and he might as well have slit his own wrists. She'll get the house, alimony, child support saying the kids are still in school, etc. etc. Add in that it's with students in his position and he's double screwed.
Does cheating count for anything in divorces in the US?

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017

I guess we're just different. Me, I would want to know. Once a cheater always a cheater.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
but she choose to trust Cathy and doesn't want to ruin their friendship with doubt and accusations.
Jade and Cathy have always seemed close I really don't think Cathy would want to lose her friendship with Jade remember Cathy's backstory on how she was bullied? she's probably had some dark times and losing a friend for her wouldn't be worth it. Burke saying her name is probably just another one of his deluded fantasies.

Reactions: Tserriednich'sNen

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
Jade and Cathy have always seemed close I really don't think Cathy would want to lose her friendship with Jade remember Cathy's backstory on how she was bullied? she's probably had some dark times and losing a friend for her wouldn't be worth it. Burke saying her name is probably just another one of his deluded fantasies.
Someone with low self esteem for whatever reason could be talked into a lot more if it means some sort of acceptance. Stephen desiring her and wanting her could be a huge superficial boost for her. Worth a friendship? Only DPC can answer that.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Someone with low self esteem for whatever reason could be talked into a lot more if it means some sort of acceptance. Stephen desiring her and wanting her could be a huge superficial boost for her. Worth a friendship? Only DPC can answer that.
Okay so Burke saying her name what else have we got?

Kodek

Jun 26, 2017
Once again, it really doesn't matter what happened. It's not about Cathy or Stephen, it's about Jade and what she believes. She *is* a strongwilled woman, if she believed her husband fucked Cathy and wanted to find the truth, she would probably maintain that unless proved wrong.

And well... she would act nasty with Cathy and probably ruin their friendship no matter what. In the end, she choose her friend over the truth. That actually show how much Cathy matter to Jade.

jackofshadows

May 24, 2018
I'm 100% sure that showing Jade's vid will not have consequences whatsoever. Simply because Jacob calling code and shiet in both cases and all present guys acting accordingly. It only affects score with Derek where one thing matter: who wins (since DPC obviously put effort into telling mid-score every-time in between) and it does display in bios. And even that is questionable given party pretty much fucked up and MC got his prize by himself :D

Guys who looked into game's code: does all of these bios comments have flags or it's difficult thing to check?

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
It is a college so that is unlikely to happen (not going to say impossible because i did knew someone who was 17 when entering university).
Jade doesn't really need this, any evidence that Burke is sleeping with students would be enough for him to suffer some serious consequences. Of course the same is also true for Jade and i get the feeling this may be a plot point for any protagonist who showed evidence of having sex with her to Tommy the junkie and the other DIKs. :unsure:

Very likely as i mentioned in the second part of the post. Still only the dev trully knows.
Alright, my memory may be faulty but I understood that Jade has inherited wealth and Burke doesn't. If she asks for a divorce, he gets half of her money but if he were to instigate the divorce he'd miss out on most of that, however, if he had evidence of her cheating then he'd have standing to demand a much larger settlement. A scandal involving an underage girl would kill that and it's not impossible; in addition to smart kids graduating high school and going to college early, they also visit campuses when picking where to go. A girl could be wowed by a seemingly worldly older man in that situation.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes