lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
that was actually the only problem i seen in this game was how the MC acted ,, like a stupid kid instead of a young adult male , with some reasoning skills ... i mean he did have a father that taught him most of what he knows ...
But he didn't have a mother from whom he could learn an alternate perspective, not did he have a friendship group from which he could learn social interactions, instead he was bullied and ostracised and is now playing catch up. In some ways he very mature for his age (see his speech to the Diks at the end of chapter 5) whereas emotionally he seems immature.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
But he didn't have a mother from whom he could learn an alternate perspective, not did he have a friendship group from which he could learn social interactions, instead he was bullied and ostracised and is now playing catch up. In some ways he very mature for his age (see his speech to the Diks at the end of chapter 5) whereas emotionally he seems immature.
and that initself should have stopped him from being so whinny

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
dude, you described my life, but I didn't have a father either, my mother didn't teach me shit, really, I wish she had even cooking and cleaning I learned on my own, my only problem so far was getting dates, I take to long to actually make a move, and that is in part because I'm not really interested or invested most of the time, so is no excuse. It is just the writer giving a reason for conflict to happen

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
its seems alot of games make the male MC;s to be somewhat young and immature compared to the women in these games ... maybe they try to make these games alot like real life ?
Which is a pretty accurate assessment of the difference between men and women at that age and the MC, having not had good social interactions with people his own age, is especially bad at it but he's learning (see his conversations with Jade, Derek or Bella and his phone call with Neil)

Reactions: ImperialD

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
Which is a pretty accurate assessment of the difference between men and women at that age and the MC, having not had good social interactions with people his own age, is especially bad at it but he's learning (see his conversations with Jade, Derek or Bella and his phone call with Neil)
thats my point .. then at times thru out the game it seems to be mature enough to handle certain situations ... which is why i think , makes the MC seem so immature

Reactions: lemonfreak

TauTau_de

Oct 7, 2019
what a hassle... EP5 doesn't start

Code:
[code]
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/season2/scripts/update5.rpy", line 4, in script
    jump header_ep5_label
ScriptError: could not find label 'header_ep5_label'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/season2/scripts/update5.rpy", line 4, in script
    jump header_ep5_label
  File "D:\data\games\J\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1695, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
  File "D:\data\games\J\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc\renpy\script.py", line 894, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'header_ep5_label'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
Being a DIK 0.4.2
Sun Jul 12 03:58:12 2020
[/CODE]

flippityflop

Jun 29, 2020
thats my point .. then at times thru out the game it seems to be mature enough to handle certain situations ... which is why i think , makes the MC seem so immature
Well, making mistakes and poor decisions makes for a good story telling and drives the narrative in interesting and unpredictable ways.

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
For me is more of a control problem, the player agency was taken away from me so he could react like that, like in persona 4 for example where the villain's way of choosing victims is obvious to me from the second victim, but the characters only figure out in like in victim number 4

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
For me is more of a control problem, the player agency was taken away from me so he could react like that, like in persona 4 for example where the villain's way of choosing victims is obvious to me from the second victim, but the characters only figure out in like in victim number 4
Yeah but the characters don't have the god's eye perspective that you, as the player, have.

I always try to play as the character, not as myself, and make decisions that are consistent with what I believe they would do, albeit filtered through my own decision making.

Reactions: TundraLupus

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
Yeah but the characters don't have the god's eye perspective that you, as the player, have.

I always try to play as the character, not as myself, and make decisions that are consistent with what I believe they would do, albeit filtered through my own decision making.
i do the same thing .. my trouble with it is . it shows you things that happen when your no where near the event

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020

yeah, I don't, I act like myself, but only using the information the game gives the Mc, that is why I don't like seeing things outside this perspective, or dream sequences, or past sequences that the Mc wasn't present for, and that type of thing, like, I hate the scenes where we get to see what Queen is doing behind the curtain because the Mc won't know that shit. like in the Josy/Maya thing, for me it wasn't a big deal, after all, we had the info that they had "boyfriends" although Maya reminded her statement after so this could be a reason to be angry, I guess, but it was an overreaction since I was seeing Jill, Bella and Sage at that point as well, I don't know, it just felt hypocritical since he never pursued that line of questioning in the first place as well

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes