Jul 23, 2020
I love this game but it remind me of this Netflix series called on my block. The MC suppose to have a normal freshman college/highschool year but everything was against your odds not only that in the second season you have to fight drug dealers, mob bosses and etc. Too me that's unrealistic but more realistic in freshman year of college than high school.

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
Maybe. It seems like a lot of people are waiting for her husband to show up, but I'm pretty sure he's dead and she's just having an impossible time accepting it.
I'm almost 100% certain her husband is in the military. Someone else pointed out that there was a pair of combat boots in Bella's house which leads me to believe hes not dead just MIA and one day he will return and then we will see a shitstorm happen on these forums.

Apr 9, 2019
I love this game but it remind me of this Netflix series called on my block. The MC suppose to have a normal freshman college/highschool year but everything was against your odds not only that in the second season you have to fight drug dealers, mob bosses and etc. Too me that's unrealistic but more realistic in freshman year of college than high school.
It's like that in the gym, you can beat down Dawe, you can beat down three of the goons, you're more than winning until you get sucker punched by Dawe.

Yet, when you fight Chad, even if you utterly trounce him during the "fight mechanic", he somehow manages to land a scripted blow on you, that is severe enough to make it look as if you've been "beaten up".

Why?

Jun 25, 2017
I'm almost 100% certain her husband is in the military. Someone else pointed out that there was a pair of combat boots in Bella's house which leads me to believe hes not dead just MIA and one day he will return and then we will see a shitstorm happen on these forums.
Yes, I believe we met him (his ghost) when MC stays at Bella's the first time. The spooky guy in military garb seemed clearly meant to be her dead husband to me. If he walked out on her she'd be pissed instead of depressed, and the action her and MC have had wouldn't be making her feel nearly this guilty. Her "cheating" on him is something she'll never be able to apologize for, hence why she basically can't control her emotions.

Conklingc

Jan 21, 2020
Yes, I believe we met him (his ghost) when MC stays at Bella's the first time. The spooky guy in military garb seemed clearly meant to be her dead husband to me. If he walked out on her she'd be pissed instead of depressed, and the action her and MC have had wouldn't be making her feel nearly this guilty. Her "cheating" on him is something she'll never be able to apologize for, hence why she basically can't control her emotions.
That argument has been made on here before, but the man in the vision doesn't look like the picture of her husband she has in her room.

Jul 23, 2020
I think Jill is the only main LI don't have sexual contact yet? MC fingered and suck Bella tits, MC fuck Josy, MC fuck Maya, MC fuck Sage TWICE and Make out sessions don't count. Hopefully in the next episode, we have a sexual scene with Jill. It doesn't have to be sex.

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
It could also be that she could of been told that her husband was MIA and then just came to believe hes dead (assuming hes been MIA that long) but if he was declared KIA she wouldn't be as conflicted as she is now which leads me to believe hes been missing for a long time but not dead.

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
I think Jill is the only main LI don't have sexual contact yet? MC fingered and suck Bella tits, MC fuck Josy, MC fuck Maya, MC fuck Sage TWICE and Make out sessions don't count. Hopefully in the next episode, we have a sexual scene with Jill. It doesn't have to be sex.
He didn't fuck Bella and the Maya scene was a grey area because if i recall correctly it was just the tip. Unless they did it past chapter 3 which i wouldn't know as i didn't go down that route.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
He didn't fuck Bella and the Maya scene was a grey area because if i recall correctly it was just the tip. Unless they did it past chapter 3 which i wouldn't know as i didn't go down that route.
You can get it in halfway in ep 5 if you chose to go to her after seeing Josy with her Dad, so there's still "room" for improvement. ;)

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2020
I didn't say MC fuck Bella. I mean MC have a sexual moment with Bella. Actually MC fuck Maya half way not the tip.

Reactions: Dashxp4k

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
It's such an unfortunate flaw in an otherwise great game and is entirely avoidable had things been implemented differently. The depth of feelings displayed by MC, Maya, and Josy would land much better in ep 4 if every player had had to go back to Maya after the DIK party and almost have sex with Josy and Maya because these are the most crucial scenes in developing those relationships. Players could still not offer to help Maya or say the right things to Josy on the date, but those scenes need to be seen to understand why the characters feel the way they do.

Bella's another example as you and ename144 have said, not just with the scenes in ep 4 and 5 but also the scene in ep 3 that was important to see that is also avoidable. So here we have a situation where the MC can not have gone to see Bella in the library or stayed with her and got that lewd scene, but still comes on hot and heavy with her in ep 5 which seems inconsistent because you can easily not have seen how that relationship has built up to this point.
I think the system could be made to work with either less choice (at this stage), or more reactivity. Obviously the latter would be preferable, but it's clear DPC just can't keep up with the demands of that many story branches, however much he wants to. The former could still work, though, as long as we kept some level of choice and branching dialog to tide us over until we reach the later stages of the game.

Personally, I think sex scenes would have been a decent place to draw the line. Sex is a big deal, so players are naturally going to want to have some say in that. But at the same time, most of the emotional development with a LI comes in the lead up to sex. If the dialog makes it clear that the MC is tempted when the opportunity arises, I think the players will accept that the girl will still be important to the MC going forward even if the MC turns her down. That's essentially the way Sage's path has been handled thus far (though it took a while to confirm that), and I think it works fairly well.

We'd still have the side girls to provide varied game experiences, and the player's dialog could still change DIK vs CHICK. Plus there would be plenty of small choices the MC could make that would have minor impacts along the way (like participating in the Hell Week activities, spanking Sally or getting nicknamed 'assman').

Of course, there would still be potential problems. This wouldn't have solved the Maya/Josy issue without completely overhauling that library scene. And there's certainly the risk that watching the MC fool around with a given girl (even if he never goes all the way) will antagonize a given player. But I think this would be the best, and most intuitive, compromise between interactivity and available resources.

Now at some point the game is going to have to buckle down and start changing how the MC feels about the LIs based on who the player chooses. But ideally this would give us enough time that small details can build up to show him gradually growing closer/further until the time for a hard break arrives. (again, I'm still hoping the game runs shorter rather than longer.)

• Angry
Reactions: Avaron1974

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
I think the system could be made to work with either less choice (at this stage), or more reactivity. Obviously the latter would be preferable, but it's clear DPC just can't keep up with the demands of that many story branches, however much he wants to. The former could still work, though, as long as we kept some level of choice and branching dialog to tide us over until we reach the later stages of the game.

Personally, I think sex scenes would have been a decent place to draw the line. Sex is a big deal, so players are naturally going to want to have some say in that. But at the same time, most of the emotional development with a LI comes in the lead up to sex. If the dialog makes it clear that the MC is tempted when the opportunity arises, I think the players will accept that the girl will still be important to the MC going forward even if the MC turns her down. That's essentially the way Sage's path has been handled thus far (though it took a while to confirm that), and I think it works fairly well.

We'd still have the side girls to provide varied game experiences, and the player's dialog could still change DIK vs CHICK. Plus there would be plenty of small choices the MC could make that would have minor impacts along the way (like participating in the Hell Week activities, spanking Sally or getting nicknamed 'assman').

Of course, there would still be potential problems. This wouldn't have solved the Maya/Josy issue without completely overhauling that library scene. And there's certainly the risk that watching the MC fool around with a given girl (even if he never goes all the way) will antagonize a given player. But I think this would be the best, and most intuitive, compromise between interactivity and available resources.

Now at some point the game is going to have to buckle down and start changing how the MC feels about the LIs based on who the player chooses. But ideally this would give us enough time that small details can build up to show him gradually growing closer/further until the time for a hard break arrives. (again, I'm still hoping the game runs shorter rather than longer.)
To be fair in my playthrough the only 3 LIs that are still open are Bella/Jill/Sage. Josy and Maya are literally closed, even my end of episode summery has them with only 2 lines of text compared to the 5 or 6 lines the other 3 have.

You can close routes you just cant be wishy washy on your decisions.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2020
If you unlock these scenes you'll understand

Jul 23, 2020
To be fair in my playthrough the only 3 LIs that are still open are Bella/Jill/Sage. Josy and Maya are literally closed, even my end of chapter summery has them with only 2 lines of text compared to the 5 or 6 lines the other 3 have.

You can close routes you just cant be wishy washy on your decisions.
You could have multiple saves like what I'm doing.

• Haha

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
So from the tip to halfway, Oh boy. Maybe next time he'll manage to get it in all the way. :ROFLMAO:
That's certainly what I'm hoping for. ;) It's also why having her and Josy together is the best idea because while he's getting it in there, Josy can give Maya something else to focus on... :sneaky:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I don't think it's a fear of being incomplete, it's just that people don't want to wait. Our "next day delivery", "15 minute pizza delivery" society isn't used to waiting for things anymore and there's a lack of patience. There's probably also an age element too in that when people think forward to when a game might be completed, they say to themselves, "I don't want to still be playing this when I'm XX" because they'd rather play when they're their current age.
For me, it's both. The long waits between episodes are tough, for obvious reasons.

But the longer each individual episode takes, the longer the whole game will take. And while I believe DPC is committed to the game, this is the real world and sometimes unlikely things happen. The more time it takes to complete, the more chances there are for one of those low probability events to bite its creator somewhere sensitive.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
We had this one back in early June:

The 3rd one won.

We don't see a lot of things in this game, like the MC's Mom dying, or what's behind Bella's locked door, or who Chad was on the phone too, or who leaked the Cathy pic, but that doesn't mean that people saying that the Mom is alive, that Bella is keeping her husband captive in the room, that Chad is gay, that the Betas leaked the pic, are correct. Those are theories and not based in anything that's been seen or known in the game.

Saying that Jill is lying about the date and that Rusty didn't behave badly on the date is the same as these examples. The game is explicitly telling us one specific thing and we have no reason to doubt what we have seen. When Maya said she had a boyfriend, we had no reason to doubt her at the time either, but just because she revealed that it was a lie later doesn't mean that Jill is also lying in this instance.

This is also completely different to what I was saying about how certain choices affect what scenes players see and therefore alter perceptions of the events. When players don't go back to Maya in ep 2, they get a different sense of that relationship than those who went back. When Jill tells the MC that she had a bad date with Rusty, we are all given the same sense that Jill had a bad date with Rusty.

If people want to have a skepticism, fine, but right now the game is telling us that Jill had a bad date with Rusty and that is currently the acceptable fact of the case, just like how the acceptable fact about Bella's locked room is that she has a locked room. We can debate what's in it to whatever crazy degree we like, but it doesn't change the fact that all we know about it is that the room is locked and there are a pair of boots inside.
I normally hate to be that guy but in this case I happilly take on that mantle; please don't use theory when you mean hypothesis, it gives ammunition to those who propose 'ideas' unsupported by any kind of evidence, whether that be in relation to BaD or the world in general.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
About Jill... I really hope her "drama" isn't something cheap, but something interesting and even, i don't know, a flaw in her? I just don't like too perfect characters, we know she is stubborn, but for now is her only flaw.
Come on, it's Jill. Of course her drama will be expensive and shiny!

In all seriousness, I am curious to see where Jill's story goes. I will be disappointed if it's just her parents pressuring her to find someone in her own class.

Reactions: ExDeath730
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes