Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
OR maybe it's exactly what it looks like and depicts MC playing DnG with Maya, Josy & Jill at the Library with the nerds and not some some sort of dream sequence which wouldn't make any sense in the first place, perhaps? :FacePalm:
Dreaming about hot girls (you actually are interested in/hafve slept with) is far more logical and feasible than an actual game of D&G happening with all those characters.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I gotta say, an actual D&G game could lead to some relationship development between the characters. A dream sequence wouldn't really do that.
True, but dream sequences can also give an insight into the protagonist's psyche by expressing their conscious and subconscious thoughts in the form of a fantasy scenario. There's a whole field of psychology devoted to analysing dreams, so for the MC to possibly have a dream involving 3 of the most prominent characters that gives some insight into his line of thinking at this point isn't exactly a far-fetched possibility.

Sep 22, 2017
I gotta say, an actual D&G game could lead to some relationship development between the characters. A dream sequence wouldn't really do that.
I don't think it's a dream sequence, either. Jill has played before, then kinda befriended Josy who hangs out with Maya a lot and there you have the explanation of why they ended up playing together. MC doesn't even need to be on the M/J path for it, he could be there with Jill.

Alfagrem

Aug 23, 2017
Just gonna throw this out there because...why the hell not? Wild theories and speculations are what we do around here. ;)

Perhaps this isn't a game of DnG, but a dream sequence of the MC's that will open up ep 6. The 3 LIs here are the ones that have been the most "forced" upon the players and the ones whose romantic relationships progressed the furthest seeing as how you didn't have much choice to not progress with them. So perhaps this is a dream that will respresent some sort of inner conflict/resolution of the MC regarding these 3 and the setting of the dream is the DnG world.

The reason why I'm not so sure of it being an actual game is because it's difficult to see how these characters - Jill, Josy, Maya, the MC, and the Nerds - would end up interacting with each other, especially if the MC isn't in a relationship with M&J. I suppose they could all happen to be in the library at the same time, but it feels a bit unlikely at the moment.

Also, if it's a dream, we could get a pretty nice orgy, Sally included, that we won't otherwise get in the game's real world. :love:
I do hope we start getting some chances to skip some Jill scenes as constantly being forced into the tedium that is Jill is a little grating.

xsssssssss

Jun 17, 2017
True, but dream sequences can also give an insight into the protagonist's psyche by expressing their conscious and subconscious thoughts in the form of a fantasy scenario. There's a whole field of psychology devoted to analysing dreams, so for the MC to possibly have a dream involving 3 of the most prominent characters that gives some insight into his line of thinking at this point isn't exactly a far-fetched possibility.
I really hope it isn’t a dream as I don’t want a fantasy scenario enforced for three characters i’ve avoided romantically as much as possible.

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
Chill, my guy. It's just a theory, no need to get worked up over it if you don't think it's plausible.
A GAME THEO***cough*cough*
And why would a dream sequence not make sense? :WaitWhat: The MC has already had 2 of them, why is not a possibility that this is also one?

Neutral, DIK, and CHICK are both statuses and affinities.
Dreams are a way of putting more content early on. No need for that now. I'd rather have scenes with the real characters and not D&G's characters, unless it leads to BADIK development for the characters, like I flirt with your character so I lowkey am flirting with you.

fridgehog

Jun 16, 2020
Not being able to change the volume before the intro (it's really loud!)??. Seriously not cool.
Seems like an obvious oversight.

Never had this issue with Acting Lessons so can only assume it's deliberate?

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
And why would a dream sequence not make sense? :WaitWhat: The MC has already had 2 of them, why is not a possibility that this is also one?
You're right, it's not as if MC has played DnG at the Library with the nerds and Jill in game before irl, and is simply playing it again with Maya & Josy this time around. Clearly that doesn't make any sense nor would it be the logical conclusion to make based off preview pic.

flippityflop

Jun 29, 2020
A dream scenario would be a wasted opportunity. We can get an insight into MC's psyche just as easily with one of his inner monologues.
More importantly, why would he dream about D&G in the first place?

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I really hope it isn’t a dream as I don’t want a fantasy scenario enforced for three characters i’ve avoided romantically as much as possible.
Well, if it were, it could probably go either way; if you're with all 3 or just M&J then it could highlight his inner conflict and uncertainty about how to handle these relationships, and if you're not with any of them it could show that he's at peace with it and ready to move on.

Dreams are a way of putting more content early on. No need for that now. I'd rather have scenes with the real characters and not D&G's characters, unless it leads to BADIK development for the characters, like I flirt with your character so I lowkey am flirting with you.
Not necessarily. The MC's been through quite a lot these last couple of weeks and dreams are often an expression of conscious and subconscious thoughts and feelings related to what's going on in your life. So the MC possibly having a dream at this stage could be something that either provides closure or makes them question certain things.

A dream scenario would be a wasted opportunity. We can get an insight into MC's psyche just as easily with one of his inner monologues.
More importantly, why would he dream about D&G in the first place?
Because it's a convenient setting, I guess. The mind's a funny thing.

Reactions: Maviarab

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I don't even think Sage is a slut, actually. I think it's a facade she puts on because she thinks that, as a "hot chick", that's the way she's supposed to be. But what little we know of her actual history, she's had a steady boyfriend for years who she seems to legitimately dote on (or did, at one point), and her one known attempt at having a simple "fuck buddy" has already shown signs of catching feelings despite it being mere days since they agreed on it. Basically, I think Sage is more of a tease than an actual slut; sexually liberal, sure, but only if she lets you in, and even then she doesn't seem to separate sex from emotions all that well.

Of course, I could be completely wrong about all of this, depending on what else we find out about her and her history, but that's my read on it 5 episodes in.
ok, but HOTs tend to have this "sluttish" attitude, they tend to be very denied, then each one will have her own character

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes