lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
The DnG game seems like a pointless waste of time, yet here we are. DPC might as well lean into it and add things like this if they're going to devote time and resources to something which is taking up valuable space from more important matters.
Unless its purpose is to be an easter egg that points out how Affinity/Status works with one standing in for Lawful/Chaotic and the other Good/Evil.

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
That one is, deliberately so, although I did try to give it an authentic feel.
And yours may be the most accurate of all the theories. At this point, Occam's Razor be damned, all of them are just WAG's (wild ass guesses).
The DnG game seems like a pointless waste of time, yet here we are. DPC might as well lean into it and add things like this if they're going to devote time and resources to something which is taking up valuable space from more important matters.
Who knows with DPC. All the D&G stuff may become important later on. Not saying it will be but we don't really know where DPC is going with all this and what his end game is.

Reactions: Wizard_Shiryuu

Dec 20, 2019
If fans responses are good, next year he will come out with BaDIK Side Story: D&G.
Unless its purpose is to be an easter egg that points out how Affinity/Status works with one standing in for Lawful/Chaotic and the other Good/Evil.
He mentioned a new "GUI"? Maybe this is it?

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
I usually don't like this kind of things in stories, it screams filler, specially when you want the story to go forward and updates take several months. But for now I give him the benefit of the doubt. We don't know where he's going with this and maybe it will make sense. If not just after the episode 6 drops, maybe eventually.

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
I usually don't like this kind of things in stories, it screams filler, specially when you want the story to go forward and updates take several months. But for now I give him the benefit of the doubt. We don't know where he's going with this and maybe it will make sense. If not just after the episode 6 drops, maybe eventually.
My feelings on most dream sequences. Its a way to put sex into the game so no one complains about blue balling before the groundwork gets established.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Wow, some of you really reached the state of arrogance of now openly saying what is a waste of time and what should be focused , essentially you know better how the game should be developed than the actual creator. Well go had, do your own game, im very curious about it :).

if you get upset about my comment, you one of those arrogant :p

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Or its purpose is to test the waters for the game after BaDIK that will be set in something like this. Beyond that, I can't see how this DnG stuff is going to help the MC with his relationships, with the DIKs, with Quinn, or anything else that is actually important in this game.

Reactions: CynicalBstrd

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Or its purpose is to test the waters for the game after BaDIK that will be set in something like this. Beyond that, I can't see how this DnG stuff is going to help the MC with his relationships, with the DIKs, with Quinn, or anything else that is actually important in this game.
Or its purpose it's as simple as the MC and other characters are simply having a little fun.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
If we assume that the Tri-Betas are the ones responsible for setting the Diks and Alphas against each other then the MC's behaviour in the game could be very important. Right now he's the only one on either group who seemingly has a good relationship with them (maybe Derek, Bert is nerd but is he a Tri-Beta?) which may put spare him from whatever their next plan is.

On top of that, showing favour to one of the LIs over the others is bound to have an effect.

Last edited:

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
mmmm Finally that Jade beach time, hnnnggggg!
Ya Jade is rockin'...wow.

I wonder if we choose to not take it further with Jade the first time in a given playthrough if we'll be able to choose an option with her at a later point in the game. I always choose to not pursue her in Episode 4 just because there's something about the situation that just doesn't feel right to me, not sure what it is, but I like Jade, and would like to pursue her, just maybe in different circumstances.

mindern

Jul 7, 2017
I don't know, having interactions with an NPC with Sage's (or whoever's) face seems like a pointless waste of time. Even sex scenes like that would be pointless imo (if someone were to act and fully detail and explain a sex scene in a live role game :ROFLMAO: ).
Yeah it is but DPC has already committed to another D&G session. Does he not involve certain characters at all and depending on how much of this episode it takes up potentially limiting their screen time. Does he involve them in an out of character manner and just have them play the game with MC despite it not being a thing they’d do or does he put their face on a princess and at least get a sex scene outta it or some comedy of showing Sage as the damsel in distress.

This isn’t a theory I support just an idea. It can be both a real D&G session and not have all these characters actually partake in the game. It could be like that episode of scrubs where Dr Cox tells his son a story and uses all the hospital staff as characters. Pointless for character development but potentially amusing.

Real Kreten

Apr 10, 2020
DnG has the same potential in BaDIK as AL in AL. DPC can play around with renders in a different environment, create some pop cultural references and show us the characters in a different light.
That it won't help us to fix the mansion of DIK, break the drug scene at B&R or study faster?
This does not mean that it cannot lead to a shift within the arcs of the characters involved, or to the creation of a new story pillar.
I believe that DPC enjoys it and relaxes a bit from the stereotype, and I'm really looking forward to these scenes.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I agree the story is important and the drama gives us ups and downs. However everyone needs a hobby. Makes the game deeper and more interesting to throw in moments that don't have anything to do with either of the above. Just my opinion....

you are right. however it must always be an opportunity to develop relationships between the characters, and with the fact that Maya and Josy in one case would be there as friends and in another as "girlfriends" in my opinion makes it difficult to plan such an event so that is still significant

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Yeah it is but DPC has already committed to another D&G session. Does he not involve certain characters at all and depending on how much of this episode it takes up potentially limiting their screen time. Does he involve them in an out of character manner and just have them play the game with MC despite it not being a thing they’d do or does he put their face on a princess and at least get a sex scene outta it or some comedy of showing Sage as the damsel in distress.

This isn’t a theory I support just an idea. It can be both a real D&G session and not have all these characters actually partake in the game. It could be like that episode of scrubs where Dr Cox tells his son a story and uses all the hospital staff as characters. Pointless for character development but potentially amusing.
Yeah, I remember that episode because it was from when they had that shortened season that was affected by the WGA strike. But I'd rather not see this episode of BaDIK do anything like that, even if the LIs are involved in the game. We need some actual character development for them in real situations.

Reactions: CynicalBstrd

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
I agree the story is important and the drama gives us ups and downs. However everyone needs a hobby. Makes the game deeper and more interesting to throw in moments that don't have anything to do with either of the above. Just my opinion....
Yeah, that's the thing. On the other side I trust DPC to not make a completely filler episode and that this playing session will have some payoff and purpose.

That could be it, but I'd rather have interactions with characters that are participating. If you interact with someone's character at least you are indirectly interacting with that person too. But having someone as an NPC without the person it's based on there, specially if it's for a sex scene, it's just fanservice.

Yamura

Mar 14, 2019
Finally finished a full playthrough and have the following observation:

The MC doesn't seem to have a lot of viable LIs right now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes