VN - Ren'Py - Being a DIK [v0.10.1] [DrPinkCake]

1. 3.00 star(s)

sunaboz

When it comes to art and graphics overall it might be the best erotic game there is but as far as plot is concerned it falls short with author trying to include current first world "problems", adding political correctness, stupid plot-twists with way too much emotional drama and caricatural characters. In general every person we meet has some tragic past and some secret that suddenly pops when the new update comes out which I guess works for people with double digit IQ but those more intelligent can see the pattern and cheap attempt to hook players with something "new" (when in reality it's just more of the same) and cater to as big audience as possible.

When it comes to gameplay it's decent, there are minigames that can be skipped (although the ones in school - besides gender studies - are quite fun and sometimes don't insult our intelligence, the rest of minigames not so much), there is the best in-game phone that I've seen in any VN (with interactive chatting, date app and an equivalent of twitter and all of it impacts the story, which is one of the best things about the game) but there is also pixel hunting to find bonus renders which is egregious.

All in all it's an 8/10 game, way overrated considering the hype it gets and how many fans it has but if you're a sucker for cheap stories and don't mind LGBT "inclusive" additions you might add 1 point to the final score. The plot however is still bad and it's just another college erotic game with same tropes and scenes that you've probably seen in a dozen other titles. It's just much more polished and is better coded with custom additions that you won't find anywhere else.

Edit:
    After recent two updates I need to lower my rating. The most recent one (0.9.0) doesn't have that many scenes and it's annoying to unlock them all since to see them all you need to import saves several times and use different endings. But what's the worst is that this update consists of only free roam with pixel hunting and looking for characters to interact with, which without walkthrough or meta-knowledge gets tedious very fast. All of this was done so people wouldn't notice how short this update is, if this was in VN format it would take like 5 minutes to finish it.

And previous update (interlude) was shit tier level, it was about characters we practically don't know or care about, sex scenes were bad and in general it was a waste of time which dev knows about hence we cn just skip it. Filler content just to milk patrons with as little effort as possible.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Tarny

I find it hard to believe that any other game can surpass this one. This is no doubt the best adult game ever. Nothing in my mind comes close. This game seriously ruined every other game for me. Characters, choices, music, environment, story, lewd scenes, all 10/10. It will be a sad day when this game ends.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

ramnam

5/5 Best V/N game on the website right now for me. I hated the ending of Acting Lesion but liking this game until now. Love all the girls specially Jill and Isabella are my favorite. If you can fund this project, then do it without hesitating because games like this should be made more often. :)
  4. 5.00 star(s)

tg69

Just keeps getting better and better! I almost feel bad that this is the first game of this type that I've ever tried, because most of the stuff that I've downloaded after this just pales in comparison..

The character models are beautiful and the animations are just insanely good! But even more importantly, the writing and general atmosphere of it all is just so on point, there's been a few plot twists that have caught me completely off guard, something I can't say about many modern TV-shows. I'm writing this 7 episodes in and I'm glad to know that the plan is for a total of 14-20 episodes, so there's much more to come!

The soundtrack is also incredible! Gonna have to get my hands on the music now that I'm done writing this review.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Lord Soth

Can`t believe I never rated this, anyways, the best game on here without doubt. DPC has created a College drama that has so many moments of absurd hilarity, heartbreak, smoking hot scenes and just general teen angst, that it has no rival.

The renders are top level as is the animations, overall artwork is stunning, and the music score is spot on. The extra things like the social media app "Rooster" is just so immersive.

You know how good the game is when play any new update through in one sitting and then replay it on a different route.

Being a DiK is one of the most enjoyable games on here, but don`t take my word for it, give it a try.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Someone09

This is hands down the best game you will ever play on this site. Absolutely no question about it.

Incredible characters, well-written dialogue, unique music and (of course) amazing lewd scenes. Not to mention hours of content that change with different playthroughs. This game has it all.

Being a DIK is so good, I felt bad about getting it on this site. I supported the creator's Patreon for a couple months out of guilt.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Cedo0099

Best game ever! PERIOD!

I have tested a lot around here and that's another level kind of game.

There's already so much stuff reviewed and told, i won't make a long review.

The graphs top notch, the story top notch, love the music, and some real F choices to make! So much as for the new update i got 4/15 scenes available lool

This game is so much worth your time! And even more if you plan like me to make another shot with another path once the game is finished.

Dr PinkCake you are the boss! I have so much respect for your work as a lot of people apparently ;) GG!
  8. 5.00 star(s)

kurtgocerten

Its best game on the market. Graphics and renders are top notch. Characters are detailed both physically and storyside. And of course the story is impressive and very deep. The maker DoctorPinkCake is working so hard for create the best.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

timsutton

Okay, surprised I haven't already rated this game. It's one of the top games on here, ranking among City of Broken Dreamers, Treasure of Nadia, and What a Legend. It's a must play - if you're fortunate enough to have not played it, you're in for a treat. Fun game and great scenes, as easy a 5 star as they get.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Jack'son

This game is as good as it gets. Gorgeous girls with diverse personalities, a clueless protagonist that somehow bangs all of them, an elaborate plot with many side stories and even great villains. Five stars.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

pfifi

Yay! The story of the VN that is like a drug continues. Long Live DrPinkCake! I hope you kept the good work on the characters and the the story and the choices and everything!.. And i hope you will keep doing it like this in the future :) :) :)
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Cap.JackHammer

The first adult game that I ever played, and I must say it makes me addicted, you came for the graphic and you get so immersed in the history is really amazing. Just play you will not regret.
    The soundtrack is something that you not believe is amazing.
    The only thing that will make this game better is adding moaning sounds on the lewds scenes.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

omnimunch

For those who aren't sure if they wanna play this, I will say that the story for this is actually really good. If you actually delve into the story the characters are actually interesting compared to a lot of 1 dementional characters a lot of games have. There's twists and changes throughout the game and I can't wait for the next episode to come out. Hopefully there's a lot more to come too!
  14. 5.00 star(s)

StandardFlavor12

Just finished playing and I must say I found my new favorite genre. College themed with hot chicks, good drama and great writing. Bella and Jill are by far my two favorites and I’m super excited to see how there storyline progresses. On to find other college avns!
  15. 5.00 star(s)

GAMEPLAY7

Playing since 5 update of it, really forgot to say something about it. This is the best storytelling game I have ever played on the forum after previous game of DrPinkCake. Animation are top notch with render quality, and hoping it continues as always for his players are "enjoying on".
  16. 5.00 star(s)

DrunkenGoon

One of the best games I've ever played. It's not just another exposition, boobs, exposition games. This is the first game of this nature that really brought me into the whole genre. The story is engaging and all of the characters are very well written.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

LinkinBono

By far the best game on the site. Beautiful renders, great character development, fun mini games, and also great sex. Super excited for the next update. Hopefully some more Jill content in store because Jill and Bella are by far the two best.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

SpearOfReigns

Dr. Pinkcake biggest strength is his dialogue writing, characters building and setting up scene. He's just the master at it. I feel like I'm watching some Netflix series about college, sex & drugs just by reading his dialogues & seeing some scenes. He knows how to pull your heart's string, be it in comedic or melodramatic way. Not to mention his ability to select soundtrack that can amplify some scenes

His biggest weakness is his ability to develop conflict within characters, for example I feel like the whole Maya co-signing his student loan with his dad is tad unrealistic? How does that even work? She signed the student loan but didn't get the money? Also Jill's recent conflict in Episode 6 is also kinda forced. She is a smart & sharp young woman but is willing to do what Tybalt asked just like that?

I'm still rating this full five because writing wise, this is on its own league and waaay above anything else here (except maybe for Katawa Shoujo, it's on par)
  19. 5.00 star(s)

Sieglinnde

Excellent game. I think it was one of the first games that I had the fortune to try with such an incredible story, I really liked it, as well as the characters, it is incredible how each story intertwines and gives reason to another thing (if you pay enough attention). It is one of the best games I have played and I look forward to future updates on it. I have heard that many did not like the part of Maya (one of the characters) for... Doing certain things and well, in my opinion, this is "justified" in part 6 through a dialogue, in which if we pay attention we realize why certain things may happen in the story or why each character is like this... In conclusion, do not criticize a book for its cover. A great work.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

TheProfessor991

Easily one of the best games I've ever played. The story has been a fantastic follow. I may not have played many games from this site, but this has shot straight up to the top. Seriously cannot recommend more. Every character seems different and that is fantastic.