Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
What’s stopping DPC from increasing their fundraising goals so that they can hire a team? This seems to be a very ambitious project. Have they ever spoken about this?
white-down-pointing-backhand-index_1f447.png

Most patreon pages with this many patreons don't work solo anymore. They have 3-8 people that work actively on the project. Do you still work alone or do you get any help from employee/friends? Anf if you do, in which field? (Music,design,story,rendering...) If not, are you planning to recruit people?

Yes, many creators team up to create games. Those creators truly amaze me, because I could never do that. I get help with proofreading and beta testing, which alleviates a lot before release. Everything else I do on my own and I love every single bit of game development!

I'm not looking to recruit people for any parts of the game development. I will continue to do this gig solo until the day I stop doing it. I don't want to rely on someone else to match my workflow and high demands. I also fear that it could potentially ruin the vision I have for the game. Also, I wouldn't be a good boss, I would micro-manage way too much and that could actually end up hurting my productivity. I think the end-product would suffer if I brought more people on board, because this is a product of passion; what I'm doing right now I'm devoting the majority of my life to, for a foreseeable future.

poptawt

May 8, 2020
ah, he’s got that whole thing going on. The genius artist who’s too paranoid and too much of a perfectionist to collaborate with anyone haha. Sad for us, his fans and consumers that we’ll have to wait so much longer because of that mindset. But I mean at the end of the day it’s his passion project. I can’t do anything but hope he changes his mind one day haha. The worst thing that could happen is he takes too long between updates and people lose interest in his stuff. Especially if someone as good and faster comes along.

maybe somebody will point out to him how a lot of great artworks have come from collaboration. Yeah it’s great to have a vision for something and do everything you can to see that through, but sometimes someone else’s perspective and ideas can turn whatever you started with into something magical that you had never even considered before.

Reactions: RustyRug

Pewdiepie9966

Aug 2, 2020
Potentially. Chad has not been a great guy (to the MC or Sage), but given how disturbed he was by whatever was in that envelope it's clear there's a lot we don't know about him.

Depending on what we eventually learn it could be easy or hard to sympathize. IMHO, the real key will be whether the revelation can satisfactorily explain both why Chad is so disinterested in Sage AND why Sage is so desperate to hold onto him.
i thought he distanced himself from Sage because of his tiny dick that came from him using steroids

and then he got a side chick who can‘t spread those rumors, not like Sage who, possibly, can cause she goes to the same college (not implying that Sage would do such thing)

That‘s at least how I see the relationship, can‘t say why Sage is clinging to him tho

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
The worst thing that could happen is he takes too long between updates and people lose interest in his stuff. Especially if someone as good and faster comes along.
That won't happen. Just look at this thread and how active it is. Since the last update, this thread's grown by almost 800 pages and it's only been 2 months since ep 5 released. Their Patreon also recently surpassed 7000 patrons, and they're fairly consistent with their updates. Yes, they may take around 4 months each time, but the quality and depth of content is still greater than even those who work in a team and produce an update in the same timeframe.

There are also plenty of devs out there who produce solid, quality games and it doesn't seem to hurt DPC in the slightest. So, yes, perhaps these updates could get done quicker if they had 2-3 extra people working on the renders, but things are going perfectly fine as they are and they don't really have any reason to change anything.

RoseED

Apr 24, 2020

I've done a fair deal of everything this past week. It started out with a few days of coding and I almost finished a new feature that I've been working hard on.

Actually, there's more than one new feature this episode, but that's something I'll leave you to discover.

I've moved on to writing and posing static renders and animations again. I need to get back to focus on writing dialogue this upcoming week to be able to have material to pose for soon.

I still have plenty of animations left to do and dialogue and static renders are almost neck and neck. It's a stressful period right now, but I'll pull through in time.

This is the current render and animation count:

1714 static renders + 68 animations

Some other nice preliminary stats for the episode, there will be at least:

-15 new licensed songs

-10 new CC0 songs

In poll news, there's an ongoing poll for "Special renders: Main girl". At the moment, it's a split poll where Sage is in the lead in the $10 poll and Isabella is in the lead in the other polls.

When tallied, Isabella is in the overall lead. The poll ends next week, so I'll report the results in the next status update.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
Damm sound like end of November/December release with the amount of animations he has to do

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Damm sound like end of November/December release with the amount of animations he has to do
How? The man's done 68 animations in about 1 and a half months of development which is a shit ton more than almost every other dev out there does and they could easily double that number in another month if they wanted to.

DP also said this in a previous status update:
I don't know how many animations this episode will have, yet. But it's going to surpass 100.
So while they did say it will it will likely surpass 100, they didn't say by how much. Ep 5 had 157 animations, but ep 6 doesn't necessarily have to have the same amount or more depending on what the content of the episode will be. For all we know, it could just require 110 animations which seems more than doable in the next 1 and a bit months. Plus, they made those 157 animations in around 4 months of development so I'm pretty sure they could do it again if needed.

Realistically, we're loking at an end of September/early October release, not November/December.

Not sure on that one. I see an end of Oct release at worst. Anything less is bad for the game IMO
Actually, anything less would be good for the game, anything more would be bad.

RoseED

Apr 24, 2020
How? The man's done 68 animations in about 1 and a half months of development which is a shit ton more than almost every other dev out there does and they could easily double that number in another month if they wanted to.

DP also said this in a previous status update:

So while they did say it will it will likely surpass 100, they didn't say by how much. Ep 5 had 157 animations, but ep 6 doesn't necessarily have to have the same amount or more depending on what the content of the episode will be. For all we know, it could just require 110 animations which seems more than doable in the next 1 and a bit months. Plus, they made those 157 animations in around 4 months of development so I'm pretty sure they could do it again if needed.

Realistically, we're loking at an end of September/early October release, not November/December.

Actually, anything less would be good for the game, anything more would be bad.
he said it will be the biggest one yet it will go over 157 animations and lets say it is 157 like last time still he will just be done around the end of October

Reactions: RustyRug

Dashxp4k

Aug 17, 2019
He's add new features in the game but it may release at late September or late October and he said its gonna be the largest episode. In ep 5, there's 2891 Renders and 157 Animations. My best guess this EP 6 will have 3100 renders and 200 animations.

RoseED

Apr 24, 2020
He's add new features in the game but it may release at late September or late October and he said its gonna be the largest episode. In ep 5, there's 2891 Renders and 157 Animations. My best guess this EP 6 will have 3100 renders and 200 animations.
Dude if its 200 animations there is no way he finish rendering them in less then 2 months

Dashxp4k

Aug 17, 2019
Was bored and thought I'd do a breakdown of how many renders and animations feature each of the main girls to definitively show how much content each of them has.

Enjoy (or don't), just thought it might be interesting.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
TL;DR Version

#1#2#3#4#5
Renders
Maya (1012)​
Sage (686)​
Josy (685)​
Jill (560)​
Bella (495)​
Animations
Maya (49)​
Sage (44)​
Josy (24)​
Bella (18)​
Jill (9)​
So, let's see how Ep 5 breaks down and what that means for the totals.
Totals
#1#2#3#4#5
Renders
Maya (1245)​
Josy (995)​
Sage (841)​
Bella (840)​
Jill (839)​
Animations
Maya (73)​
Sage (57)​
Josy (50)​
Bella (38)​
Jill (22)​
Each episode the game becoming bigger and bigger.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I dont think so he said it will be the biggest episode yet lets say there will be 170 animations and let's say he render about 40 animations a month do the math
"Longest", not "biggest", as in the episode will take the longest time to get through when you play it, but that doesn't necessarily have to mean that the animation count will be greater as it all depends on what the episode consists of.

For all we know, what they have planned might not require as many animations as the previous episode, but may require more renders. Also, this "new feature" they've been working on may be what will makes this the "longest episode" so far because it will require the player to spend some time on it.

Please tell me this is just a render for patreons? If this is ingame image I would hate myself for missing this scene
That's fan-art. You can see the artist's name on the left side.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017

I've done a fair deal of everything this past week. It started out with a few days of coding and I almost finished a new feature that I've been working hard on.

Actually, there's more than one new feature this episode, but that's something I'll leave you to discover.

I've moved on to writing and posing static renders and animations again. I need to get back to focus on writing dialogue this upcoming week to be able to have material to pose for soon.

I still have plenty of animations left to do and dialogue and static renders are almost neck and neck. It's a stressful period right now, but I'll pull through in time.

This is the current render and animation count:

1714 static renders + 68 animations

Some other nice preliminary stats for the episode, there will be at least:

-15 new licensed songs

-10 new CC0 songs

In poll news, there's an ongoing poll for "Special renders: Main girl". At the moment, it's a split poll where Sage is in the lead in the $10 poll and Isabella is in the lead in the other polls.

When tallied, Isabella is in the overall lead. The poll ends next week, so I'll report the results in the next status update.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
Sometime between late september and october. Very unlikely to be a november release.

RoseED

Apr 24, 2020
"Longest", not "biggest", as in the episode will take the longest time to get through when you play it, but that doesn't necessarily have to mean that the animation count will be greater as it all depends on what the episode consists of.

For all we know, what they have planned might not require as many animations as the previous episode, but may require more renders. Also, this "new feature" they've been working on may be what will makes this the "longest episode" so far because it will require the player to spend some time on it.

That's fan-art. You can see the artist's name on the left side.
Brother trust me i wish you are right but i cant see it comes before November but hey hopefully im wrong

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes