always86

Mar 19, 2020
Exactly. AL's robbery is just an excuse to meet Megan and Leah. In BaDIK you're a bullyied guy who gets bullyied again on first day at college, then you have at least one big fight plus you're involved in several illegal activities (you break twice into preps mansion and once into HOT's to steal some panties, and those are just the unavoidable events), there's an abussive father too and a prostitution and drug dealing scheme running under your nose, but yeah, is all fun
... You pick a fight with Chad because he is treating Sage like shit. Him and his buddies then come back at you. It’s not like they gave him a wedgie because he had the audacity to walk down the hall.

You have to remember this is a college comedy meets melodrama. One of the Breaking is a literal panty raid trope(see any college comedy in the 80s).

The abusive father isn’t (to our knowledge) beating Maya. The rejection of a gay daughter is straight out of a soap opera.

Besides the tone of the game is different. AL is a drama with funny bits. This is a comedy with dramatic bits. It could suddenly throw out the comedy and murder some characters give Derek AIDs and burn down the DiK mansion but honestly if it does it will be like walking the cliff edge for what it’s trying to be.

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
Both, I guess. I certainly don't want to see anything extremely tragic like the death of a LI or any other character and I know a lot of people don't want that either, so using the collective 'we' is kind of in-line with the general sentiment when it comes to something like this.

It's funny when you put it that way, because we're always saying on this thread that this game has a much lighter tone and general subject matter than AL, but really it's started off much harsher than AL because of all these things. Things didn't really start to get heavy in AL until we met Melissa's step-Dad, and even then it just felt like other games with asshole guys who are usually harmless, until we see Melissa with a black eye and he attempts to rape Megan, at which point we realise this guy's more extreme than what you normally see in these games.

At the moment though with BaDIK, even though we have those issues of drugs, bullying, prostitution, etc, it frames it in a way that makes it feel like it's not a big deal, like these are issues that can easily be overcome as they are in many seriaised TV shows where the characters go through hard times but come out smelling like roses on the other side with few long-lasting consequences. But some shows don't shy away from showing a harsh reality and BaDIK may very well do the same, it's just a question of how it might do that and if it will do things differently from AL, i.e. no deaths or having to choose who lives or dies, but something that will still be gut-wrenching for players.
We'll see what happens. Actually, for me the hardest thing in AL was no THE CHOICE (in my first playthrough I didn't have the option to choose due to my prior actions), but all the mourning process that came after that event and the other one, and the way all your past actions shape MC's future life hinted at the end. I guess there's no need to kill a character to provoke those feelings in players, maybe just a harsh breakup or some serious letdown from a loving one is enough, but we'll see

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
... You pick a fight with Chad because he is treating Sage like shit. Him and his buddies then come back at you. It’s not like they gave him a wedgie because he had the audacity to walk down the hall.

You have to remember this is a college comedy meets melodrama. One of the Breaking is a literal panty raid trope(see any college comedy in the 80s).

The abusive father isn’t (to our knowledge) beating Maya. The rejection of a gay daughter is straight out of a soap opera.

Besides the tone of the game is different. AL is a drama with funny bits. This is a comedy with dramatic bits. It could suddenly throw out the comedy and murder some characters give Derek AIDs and burn down the DiK mansion but honestly if it does it will be like walking the cliff edge for what it’s trying to be.
None of us really know what this is trying to be, we just know what we hope it will be. It might seem like it's a mix of American Pie and Animal House, but it also feels like there's some of This Is Us and Riverdale mixed in there as well, and while I'm sure most of us would like it to lean mostly towards the first 2, if it starts leaning more towards the latter 2 then we're going to see some really heavy shit.

We'll see what happens. Actually, for me the hardest thing in AL was no THE CHOICE (in my first playthrough I didn't have the option to choose due to my prior actions), but all the mourning process that came after that event and the other one, and the way all your past actions shape MC's future life hinted at the end. I guess there's no need to kill a character to provoke those feelings in players, maybe just a harsh breakup or some serious letdown from a loving one is enough, but we'll see
Yeah, the major character death is really the one thing I hope they don't do because that sort of thing often just sensationalises a story if it's done purely for the sake of creating drama and evoking strong emotions in the player/viewer in order to garner interest. This is what the death in AL did for DPC because it certainly raised the profile of that game, but they have so many people interested in this game on the merit of what it is right now that doing something like that again shouldn't be necessary.

Reactions: Kuraii and always86

Cigar-Ferras

Jan 22, 2019
for me the hardest thing in AL was no THE CHOICE (in my first playthrough I didn't have the option to choose due to my prior actions)
This is probably the entire reason for the affinity system. We only have so many choices to "Shape" our MC before things are taken out of our hands and we role as we played. I wasn't sure about the affinity choices on first play but i think it's a pretty cool system. Not all affinity choices make sense to me but it's still fun to play around with. I just wonder how big the fallout will be once the ability to choose is out of our hands as it might be frustrating to have to replay to get a desired outcome.

Reactions: Silver-Argus

always86

Mar 19, 2020
I'm pretty sure that's what he threatens to do to her when he breaks in to the MC's home and, depending on previous choices, either Liam saves her or she manages to escape him.
Wait, Melissa's step dad broke into MC's house? I need to replay AL lol
That‘s the path I got, though I only played once as once you know the ending twist the appeal of playing again went away for me.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
This is probably the entire reason for the affinity system. We only have so many choices to "Shape" our MC before things are taken out of our hands and we role as we played. I wasn't sure about the affinity choices on first play but i think it's a pretty cool system. Not all affinity choices make sense to me but it's still fun to play around with. I just wonder how big the fallout will be once the ability to choose is out of our hands as it might be frustrating to have to replay to get a desired outcome.
I hope this aspect is not so marked.

BADIK promises to be a very long game, having to replay it, forcibly again, to avoid dead ends could be quite frustrating

if I imagine a scene like the one with Maya and Josy at the end of the game it would be devastating

Reactions: Cigar-Ferras

Cigar-Ferras

Jan 22, 2019
I hope this aspect is not so marked.

BADIK promises to be a very long game, having to replay it, forcibly again, to avoid dead ends could be quite frustrating

if I imagine a scene like the one with Maya and Josy at the end of the game it would be devastating
That was my worry also as since we're still quite early in the story you can already blow through a lot of the affinity points available. It may change or more may be added?

Reactions: Silver-Argus

DarkLup

Sep 14, 2018
Hey guys, first time posting, i had this idea in my head after playing a second playthrough that a big piece of drama of the game would be the father dying or at least having an accident, now, it's straight out of my hat and i don't have much proof to go with it, other than the fact that the phone call where he is on the construction site and calls out his colleague on not wearing a hard hat would be a tchekhov gun of some kind (once again just my train of thought that went all over the place).

Plus the tidbit about the letter related to his mother could be his grandfather acknowledging him and giving him money ? Maybe ? Idk, just random theories that came to me while i played .

• Hey there
Reactions: Holy Bacchus

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Hey guys, first time posting, i had this idea in my head after playing a second playthrough that a big piece of drama of the game would be the father dying or at least having an accident, now, it's straight out of my hat and i don't have much proof to go with it, other than the fact that the phone call where he is on the construction site and calls out his colleague on not wearing a hard hat would be a tchekhov gun of some kind (once again just my train of thought that went all over the place).

Plus the tidbit about the letter related to his mother could be his grandfather acknowledging him and giving him money ? Maybe ? Idk, just random theories that came to me while i played .
Welcome. :giggle: Always good to have people who enjoy a good theory about this game and it's pretty much what this thread is about. :ROFLMAO:

The Neil theory is certainly one that has been doing the rounds for a while, so you're certainly not alone in having that thought. Same thing with the letter theory, so you're off to a good start in thinking what a lot of other people already do. (y)

DarkLup

Sep 14, 2018
Welcome. :giggle: Always good to have people who enjoy a good theory about this game and it's pretty much what this thread is about. :ROFLMAO:

The Neil theory is certainly one that has been doing the rounds for a while, so you're certainly not alone in having that thought. Same thing with the letter theory, so you're off to a good start in thinking what a lot of other people already do. (y)
Nice , i figured that i wouldn't be the only one thinking about it, but i wasn't gonna check all of the 4000 pages hehe.:)
Just as a heads-up, is there any consensus or very plausible theory as to what the deal with chad enveloppe was ?
I doubt it's about Melanie since he doesn't seem so scare of losing Sage that he would cry over it but i can't think of anything else .

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Nice , i figured that i wouldn't be the only one thinking about it, but i wasn't gonna check all of the 4000 pages hehe.:)
Just as a heads-up, is there any consensus or very plausible theory as to what the deal with chad enveloppe was ?
I doubt it's about Melanie since he doesn't seem so scare of losing Sage that he would cry over it but i can't think of anything else .
Pictures of him with a guy or pictures showing he has a micro-dick are the most common as both would damage his reputation and position if they ever got out and would certainly have caused that kind of reaction.

Nope, this is.

ep1_reward_mixed1.jpg

;)

DarkLup

Sep 14, 2018
Pictures of him with a guy or pictures showing he has a micro-dick are the most common as both would damage his reputation and position if they ever got out and would certainly have caused that kind of reaction.
I see, the micro dick i doubt it since the joke is already use with Dawe, and seeing how Melanie is (most likely) the side chick, it wouldn't go well with her slutty personality . The guy theory is interesting, that may have a link with the expulsion of Troy from the tri-alpha.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes