Conklingc

Jan 21, 2020
I don't capture the images like N7 but can get the text over.

This week I've mostly been writing, polishing the game and coding while letting the PCs render the queue. I've posed some animations and static renders as well, so it's moving forward in all areas.
I'm almost finished writing, I have some phone content left and material for two free roam events.
2879 renders and 116 animations are complete.
The queue has 125 renders and 37 animations; meaning we're currently at 3004 renders and 153 animations for this update when everything has rendered.
I will be focusing on posing art next week. I have roughly 10-15 animations left to pose along with 150-300 static renders.
After I have posed everything I'll try to estimate the remaining render time. When all art is posed and I have to wait for it to render, I will playtest and polish the game myself. After that beta testing and proofreading will start, a process that takes approximately two weeks. Given the size and content of the episode, two weeks will likely be needed.
I haven't checked the file size of the game for this episode until now, and the zip file of the full download is currently 10.4 GB. I don't think it will be more than 11 GB, but that's the approximate space you will need for the game upon release (plus space for extracting the files of course).
Have a nice weekend
Dr PinkCake

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Conklingc The best way to get the images is to view the Patreon post on a web browser then just highlight and copy the whole post to here as it brings the images, links, and the post's formatting with it (although you might sometimes have to re-do the paragraph spacing).

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020

This week I've mostly been writing, polishing the game and coding while letting the PCs render the queue. I've posed some animations and static renders as well, so it's moving forward in all areas.
I'm almost finished writing, I have some phone content left and material for two free roam events.
The queue has 125 renders and 37 animations; meaning we're currently at 3004 renders and 153 animations for this update when everything has rendered.
I will be focusing on posing art next week. I have roughly 10-15 animations left to pose along with 150-300 static renders.
After I have posed everything I'll try to estimate the remaining render time. When all art is posed and I have to wait for it to render, I will playtest and polish the game myself. After that beta testing and proofreading will start, a process that takes approximately two weeks. Given the size and content of the episode, two weeks will likely be needed.
I haven't checked the file size of the game for this episode until now, and the zip file of the full download is currently 10.4 GB. I don't think it will be more than 11 GB, but that's the approximate space you will need for the game upon release (plus space for extracting the files of course).
Have a nice weekend
Dr PinkCake
11gb i need a partition only for this Game

Blades1138

Jul 29, 2017
Maybe Lynette was Jill’s older sister that died when Jill was very young. She moved away and was disowned by her family. I see a family resemblance there.
Not really possible unless Jill was born right around when Lynette went away, meaning there wouldn't be any pictures of them together. Plus it would be weird for MC not to recognize his own mom.

Jul 20, 2020
if you are struggling then the walkthrough may be of use to you as it is useful in that regard. As the oracle HB says...you need to have had a lewd scene with one of them...and be of the right 'affinity', so don't be making too many DIK affinity choices prior to the 'meeting' with them after the revelation.
11gb i need a partition only for this Game
Is it bad I have a 1tb ssd dedicated to vn's?
And it's already half filled?

BenMeiffert

Jul 29, 2020

Have a nice weekend
Dr PinkCake
I don't understand english very well, but did DPC say that we'll have the update in 2 weeks or just he needs 2 weeks to finish before testing ?

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I don't understand english very well, but did DPC say that we'll have the update in 2 weeks or just he needs 2 weeks to finish before testing ?
Neither. He's saying he'll probably need 2 weeks for testing, but that's after he's done what's left which currently consists of:
  • A queue of 125 renders and 37 animations
  • Roughly 10-15 animations he has left to pose and render
  • 150-300 static renders to pose and render
  • Phone content
  • 2 free-roam events
  • Coding.
That might all take another few weeks, then DPC will playtest and polish it before sending it to the testers and that might take 2 weeks. So end of October/start of November is looking most likely.

Jul 20, 2020
Regarding updates etc, when a vn is updated. How do you handle the installation? Just unzip the new update and overwrite the old folder?

Im starting to get multiple givers for thre sake vn street a few updates. I don't want to screw with losing saves etc.

Reactions: Mr. Mayhem

BenMeiffert

Jul 29, 2020
Maybe Lynette was Jill’s older sister that died when Jill was very young. She moved away and was disowned by her family. I see a family resemblance there.
No, Lynette was MC's father... Bella is his mother and Neil stole MC at the hospital and tell him a fake story. So Lynette and Bella were depressed, did break up. Thanks to surgery, Lynette is now Jade Burke. Then, Bella married this guy who run away for 3 years. That's why Jade is angry with Bella because she's still angry for the loss of their baby. Neil will give the letter to MC to tell him all the truth and MC will know he fucks his real father ! In the end, only Derek should be able to comfort Mc and they're happy and get no child...

-VQueS-

May 1, 2020
>currently we're 3004 renders and 153 animations

Interesting. Anyone can link where we have the renders for each of the past episodes ? Curious to compare
ep1 Feb 7, 1301 renders, 51 animations
ep2 May 4, 1709 renders, 77 animations
ep3 Aug 16, 2289 renders, 99 animations
ep4 Jan 10, 2532 renders, 134 animations
ep5 May 29, 2456 renders, 157 animations

BenMeiffert

Jul 29, 2020
Neither. He's saying he'll probably need 2 weeks for testing, but that's after he's done what's left which currently consists of:
  • A queue of 125 renders and 37 animations
  • Roughly 10-15 animations he has left to pose and render
  • 150-300 static renders to pose and render
  • Phone content
  • 2 free-roam events
  • Coding.
That might all take another few weeks, then DPC will playtest and polish it before sending it to the testers and that might take 2 weeks. So end of October/start of November is looking most likely.
Thanks, i almost hope we could get this update in 2 weeks... a little bit naive.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Regarding updates etc, when a vn is updated. How do you handle the installation? Just unzip the new update and overwrite the old folder?

Im starting to get multiple givers for thre sake vn street a few updates. I don't want to screw with losing saves etc.
2 ways of getting the update:
  1. Get the whole game which will be around 11GB according to DPC
  2. Get the update patch, which will be considerably smaller at around 2GB, and apply it to the current copy you have of the game (best to probably have 0.5.2).
Option 2 will overwrite some files, like the Season 2 .rpy files and probably the gallery and gui .rpy files since we're getting a new look Special Render menu, but it shouldn't mess with the saves files so long as they were all made with the clean version and not the mod version.

ep1 Feb 7, 1301 renders, 51 animations
ep2 May 4, 1709 renders, 77 animations
ep3 Aug 16, 2289 renders, 99 animations
ep4 Jan 10, 2532 renders, 134 animations
ep5 May 29, 2456 renders, 157 animations
Kinda loking forward to seeing how many renders each character gets in this one. Maya's still way out in the lead with both renders (1245) and animations (73), so it will be interesting to see if she stretches that lead further or if anyone can catch up.

Jul 20, 2020
2 ways of getting the update:
  1. Get the whole game which will be around 11GB according to DPC
  2. Get the update patch, which will be considerably smaller at around 2GB, and apply it to the current copy you have of the game (best to probably have 0.5.2).
Option 2 will overwrite some files, like the Season 2 .rpy files and probably the gallery and gui .rpy files since we're getting a new look Special Render menu, but it shouldn't mess with the saves files so long as they were all made with the clean version and not the mod version.
Yeah I use mods (walkthrough and gallery mods)

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Yeah I use mods (walkthrough and gallery mods)
Well, if you've made saves with those mods (i.e. you made changes to stats, etc, and saved the game), they won't work with the patch update. You need a clean, unmodded version of the game and clean unmodded saves to be able to continue.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes