.Black Panther.

Jun 3, 2020
Believe me, in the very very very strange case that Jill was my ( MC ) aunt, having lived all my life without knowing it and having fallen in love with her, I would not care, you do not choose who you love.

Another thing is to have lived your life knowing her as your aunt, that is already incest and in real life it would be weird
All I know is that DPC is unpredictable. will be surprised exactly when you do not expect it or do not even think about it. He knows how to play with emotions.

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
Story should always take precedent over everything else and the features that were in this game through the first 5 episodes were already on a level that no other game has reached, and I certainly don't think anyone was bored of them as to require the kind of features we have now.

When it comes to the mansion repair, I really don't think we needed this level of involvement. The MC could have simply spoken to Rusty or even gathered all the DIKs to explain the plan moving forward, then we get in to the free-roam portion and the MC could have gone to each of their rooms just as we did, only this time he can offer to help them clean up and he can only do it so many times per free-roam, but by the end of the episode all rooms will have been fixed up. There could even be some mini-games here like the "painting" mechanic, but that's all that was really needed.

As for the DnG game, it almost feels as though it was so big as to quiet those who liked the first one and were apparently asking for more. Perhaps DPC did it this way so that people won't ask again, or if they do he can ignore them because he gave them what they wanted, but it was still unnecessary to devote such a large chunk of the game to something so inconsequential.

Also, is that much you have to pay to be able to PM DPC on Patreon? :oops:
You probably know what happens with almost every game somewhat succesful. People start to ask for their favourite fetish and gameplay to be included. It seems that, at first, DPC tried to satisfy both "classic, story-based VN" and "freeroam/openworld" lovers, and he kind of did it, plus all the minigames (brawler, puzzle, drink games and class tests) as a bonus. Now, what are the other big gaming niches that hadn't been touched? Resource management and RPGM. That's what we have now. It's obvious to me that he's now aiming for an "all-in-one" game that can be liked for absolutely every kind of gamers and that means his development time can't be as story-focused as it may have been in the first chapters. That's not what you and me might like but surely numbers prove both of us "wrong". He can afford "losing" some VN players if at the same time he's expanding his player base into other directions. Of course that means it's possible that what could have been a 9'5 VN may end like a 7'5 VN, but it would be a solid 8'5 overall game. At least, that's his goal, in my opinion.

Reactions: Arigon

godkingxerxes

Sep 27, 2020
And i didn't imply people can't take criticism. All i said that theory is still up for debate yet a lot of people believe it's 100% not happening which is funny to me
It is 100% not happening though. We've seen Jill's dad, he's not in his 60s, he doesn't have a daughter that would be in her 40s.

Lynette and Jill are not siblings.

Now I'm not saying they can't be related or connected in some way because Lynette comes from a rich family and since her family name has been kept from us, when it is revealed it will most likely be connected to some other character. Whether that's Jill and the Royce's, Rusty and the Burger's, Sage and her equally wealthy but as yet unnamed family, or just some random rich family that has a preppy member.

Nobodyforrealbro

Sep 24, 2020
Guys I try to use the 6.1 patch and I did exactly as the instructions told me to. I copied and pasted the files into the game folder, but the version on the main menu still says 5.2. When I try to start ep. 6 the first scene starts, but as soon as the dialogue shows up it gives me an error.

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
Guys I try to use the 6.1 patch and I did exactly as the instructions told me to. I copied and pasted the files into the game folder, but the version on the main menu still says 5.2. When I try to start ep. 6 the first scene starts, but as soon as the dialogue shows up it gives me an error.
If you downloaded 5.2 from here you'll have to download the full 6.0, the patch won't work over that version

Reactions: Nobodyforrealbro

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
I feel like the money aspect may be a factor, but in a different way.

It's not that they can "milk" people more by dragging things out, but more that, much like major companies producing consumer products, money talks more than people and even if their consumers have legitimate issues, complaints, etc, it matters little because they're still making a profit and even increasing their profits.

I see a lot of devs who are very receptive to their patrons, and even to the freeloading players here, when it comes to feedback and not all of it has to be taken, of course, like when people start asking for fetishes and kinks that the dev simply will not do, but they will at least listen, and I don't think DPC listens to anyone but themselves which can be a problem, and sometimes I think you need that outside voice, particularly when it's constructive and trying to help.

Well, if you do, choose your words carefully because they seem to have a very itchy ban-trigger finger when it comes to criticism. I'm also not sure what words, if any, they would respond to as they seem quite content with how things are going and are not much inclined to make big, sweeping changes to what they've already done.
Definitely true. I got ZERO warning insta ban, but then my opinion was flagrant, detailed, and non-complimentary.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
LOL !!!! sooo Jill here had 3 years old right? hahahahaha oh my god, his sister doesn't even look like the MC's mother

No dude, she said she could be her mother, if she had had him with 14-15 years of course
Bella is 36.
During her OMG discussion with Jill and MC, she states she was a freshman 18 years ago. Ergo- 18 year old freshman + 18 years ago = 36

Reactions: .Black Panther.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Definitely true. I got ZERO warning insta ban, but then my opinion was flagrant, detailed, and non-complimentary.
That's why you have to finesse these things, no matter how strongly you feel about them; be critical, but also measured.

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
We got it, pirate, you're after his games and his $$$ for nothing at all. Keep it up and break a leg! Not an easy task, I guess.
Calling someone a pirate with insulting undertones in a.... pirate forum. Like going into a mob gathering to call them out for not being perfectly lawful good citizens. Gave me a chuckle.

By the way someone who has purchased a game, is by definition not a pirate of said game.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Choosing between sage (sick time) & jill (birthday date) was very hard. Why the hell there is no option to postpone a date to later time.
Because the process to limit your choices has already begun long since. You can not hope to have them all (no harem), and DPC will let you choose your poison occasionally, so in this case, your Chik/Dik didn't choose for you, you did.

DatBoit

Dec 2, 2018
Well, if you do, choose your words carefully because they seem to have a very itchy ban-trigger finger when it comes to criticism. I'm also not sure what words, if any, they would respond to as they seem quite content with how things are going and are not much inclined to make big, sweeping changes to what they've already done.
I'm not too worried about that particular aspect; I'm confident I would find a way to word it that makes it constructive criticism. Although, like you, I don't think it would necessarily lead to something, but writing directly on his Patreon page might be the crucial step in giving it the chance at least.

Unfortunely, DPC strikes me as quite stubborn and wants things to be exactly the way he wants. For example, with his resources, it seems ridiculous that he hasn't hired anyone to help him with development at this point. Ignoring the content of the last update, time between episodes is the one thing he can improve on, if you ask me.

Reactions: A.aron and Hrllav

.Black Panther.

Jun 3, 2020
Bella is 36.
During her OMG discussion with Jill and MC, she states she was a freshman 18 years ago. Ergo- 18 year old freshman + 18 years ago = 36
Who would have thought that there was a relationship between Maya and Jesse ?!
All I know is that DPC is unpredictable. will be surprised exactly when you do not expect it or do not even think about it. He knows how to play with emotions.

Jul 20, 2020
I for one will just go play other vn's and games rather than stress over what dpc will or won't do while I wait for the next update. It's his story, and sure, I'll very upset if the maya and josy scenario goes sideways, but I mentally cannot afford to deal with "what ifs" Lol

I actually wonder how much the patrons he has actually sway his decision making for the game/story. I can't imagine much, if any at all

ReadyGame01

Dec 5, 2017
Some people on here are complaining way too much about this update. Firstly I felt that the DnG game was okay, not too great but not as bad as people are making it out to be. It was fun to take a break from the story events going on and just take a break. The mansion game I really liked, I felt that it made sense for the story and actually had the player make important decisions on where the improvements were being made. I liked levelling people up and allocating things in a proper order. I can understand why people just want the story to progress but sometimes its good to take a break and actually do some side activities. When I play a game like GTA 5 I dont do the missions back to back to back, I do side stuff too which makes the game a more complete experience.

In terms of the story being progressed I heard that there will be at least 12 episodes. If that is the case then it obviously makes sense that this chapter is amongst the climax and that conflicts are being created that will be resolved towards the ending of the series or throughout the climax. I do not understand why you guys just want a happy-go-lucky game with no conflicts where you just bang everyone you meet. There are plenty of games for that but this is not it.

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
Because the process to limit your choices has already begun long since. You can not hope to have them all (no harem), and DPC will let you choose your poison occasionally, so in this case, your Chik/Dik didn't choose for you, you did.
I was fine with the choice but I don't think it should lock you out from further romantic involvment with Jill. I mean if the "good girl" of the cast considers choosing to care for a sick friend over a date, a "minus", then she must be a pretty shitty person.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes