moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
I too think that the better decision is to go with Sage in this instance if you're still with both because it does show that the MC is a compassionate person wanting to help out his friend, so it puts him in a good light and I think she does believe him there. I can also see your point because whilst it sucks to turn her down after she made all these preparations, it could be seen that she was doing it as a sort of "goodbye" date, so by turning her down, she will see it as a "sign" that she shouldn't go through with Tybalt's blackmail because now she doesn't have this "goodbye" date.

It does seem like each relationship is kind of coming down to overcoming difficult obstacles in order to be together, but what worries me more is that we're needlessly being held back from a lot of these relationships all because of this affinity/status system which is becoming more and more needlessly restrictive.

I keep coming back to the choice to help Quinn in this episode because although my MC isn't DIK and he's with M&J, he still took Quinn's number, used her services, and had sex with her, and even though he wasn't privy to the info from Sage that she might like him because my MC stayed with Bella, that is still true, yet the game isn't taking the more important interactions with Quinn into consideration in determining if she accepts his help or not.

So this concerns me in the sense that, just because we might not have a particular affinity and/or status, it will restrict us from relationships with certain characters and making certain choices even if we've done enough with them to surely be worthy of these relationships and choices.
You lose 2 RP with Jill if you choose to be true to your word and help a friend (because at this point Sage can be just a friend to you). You gain 2 RP with Jill if you take her invitation so going to Sage makes a 4 points difference that basically means you're saying goodbye to Jill.

I get that if you're all for her and she invites you to a date you may be more than willing to go, but that means making one of the DIKest moves in the whole game (ditching a friend in need after telling her you were going to take care of her) in order to pursue the most CHICK girl. That's ironic, to say the least

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
Yes, 100 %. I wrote a longer post about this yesterday, where the sentiment was that the game is being convoluted with things that do not matter for the overall story; the mansion game, the multitude of free roam events and useless side quests such as the D&G session to name a few. I absolutely hate that DPC has spent time making posing and rendering 350 images and 27 aniimations, as well as writing 2500 lines of text for such a pointless thing as the D&G game. Imagine if that time would have been either cut completely from the development, or if it would have been spent somewhere else.

It seems like what gives him enjoyment in making the game right now is adding all these complex minigames, free roam events and special renders everywhere, that he completely forgets about progressing the main story. He is adding too much depth and detail for these things - it's like he is developing horisontally rather than vertically, and that is extremely disappointing.

When updates take five months to complete, they really need to be worthwile, which I just don't consider them to be if we have all this fluff on the side, rather than meaningful and impactful scenes with the main girls. I really rate DPC as a developer, but he needs to get back on track here, because I felt sort of the same for Episode 5, that he was just adding more things on the same occasion, rather than including more occasions, if that makes sense.

I thought the first four chapters were much better; they were fun, they had better balance between free roam and narration, and the included more meaningful scenes. It is almost at the point where I am considering going back to the $30 tier just to voice my concerns and actually have that count for something.
You must be on the Sage Path, but have CHICK affinities.

MC-DICK wants to beat alphas and Sage stops him.

MC-CHICK tells Sage not to listen to them, and Sage makes this gesture.
Are you serious? You have to go over to Chick affinity to get all of Sage's scene's? That confirms it, now I know DPC's just fucking with people for his own amusement.

• Angry
Reactions: Nasssun and linyxt

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
You lose 2 RP with Jill if you choose to be true to your word and help a friend (because at this point Sage can be just a friend to you). You gain 2 RP with Jill if you take her invitation so going to Sage makes a 4 points difference that basically means you're saying goodbye to Jill.

I get that if you're all for her and she invites you to a date you may be more than willing to go, but that means making one of the DIKest moves in the whole game (ditching a friend in need after telling her you were going to take care of her) in order to pursue the most CHICK girl. That's ironic, to say the least
Yup, those were exactly my thoughts. I'm not sure if the irony is intentional but the point loss is really inconsistent with her characterization so far. Her gains were all based on chick actions up to this point. And ditching a friend in need to go on a surprise date, is a dick move by any definition.

MyKneesDawg

Apr 9, 2020
When I read a few entries about how some disliked this episode, I thought I was in for a disappointment.

But I liked that the episode kept the story moving forward and had a lot of variety in its sex scenes.

If you want to tell me that previous episodes had more substance in the scenes it delivered, you'll hear no argument from me. Stories have moments of build-up, moments of payoff and off-topic moments like the DnD stuff in this episode (which I thought held up, mainly because it takes a character's traits and converts them into a DnD character... Bella as the Ice Queen was funny, for example).

My only gripe with the game is the detail that you have to go to for some unlocks. But that helps with replayability, so it's not exactly a con for the game. It might be more about the kind of gamer I am. Thankfully, there are walkthroughs.

Possibly, my favorite VN/Renpy game atm.

JNX1978

Jul 22, 2020
This version of the game has damaged all my saves, so I had to play it all over again. That said, version 0.6.0 can be seen as a transitional chapter

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
When I read a few entries about how some disliked this episode, I thought I was in for a disappointment.

But I liked that the episode kept the story moving forward and had a lot of variety in its sex scenes.

If you want to tell me that previous episodes had more substance in the scenes it delivered, you'll hear no argument from me. Stories have moments of build-up, moments of payoff and off-topic moments like the DnD stuff in this episode (which I thought held up, mainly because it takes a character's traits and converts them into a DnD character... Bella as the Ice Queen was funny, for example).

My only gripe with the game is the detail that you have to go to for some unlocks. But that helps with replayability, so it's not exactly a con for the game. It might be more about the kind of gamer I am. Thankfully, there are walkthroughs.

I like drama , but the problem is that this episode has put a lot of drama and little of what for me was the best of the game, which were crazy parties, doing crazy things with your friends, flirting with girls, etc.

I miss the first episodes plot. I know there has to be progress, not everything is a party but sometimes you have to give the viewer / player a break

EDIT: is my favourite VN game It has made me feel things that few games or movies had done before, think about the game for several hours a day and even dream of one of its characters, I still don't believe it xD

MyKneesDawg

Apr 9, 2020
This version of the game has damaged all my saves, so I had to play it all over again. That said, version 0.6.0 can be seen as a transitional chapter
If you were using a walkthrough add-on in your game folder, re-install the latest version and your saves should work again. Worked for me at least.

dosenspezi

May 2, 2017
I like drama , but the problem is that this episode has put a lot of drama and little of what for me was the best of the game, which were crazy parties, doing crazy things with your friends, flirting with girls, etc.

I miss the first episodes plot. I know there has to be progress, not everything is a party but sometimes you have to give the viewer / player a break
The dungeon trip did a pretty good job for me to take a break inbetween lots of drama once at the beginning and twice in the cliffhanger.

aarbei23

Jan 14, 2018

On its own this episode wasn't that interesting, but as a part of the larger story it will work. That's unfortunately the problem with episodic games. Normally I would wait until a game is finished, but I can't resist Beef Wieners for that many years ;).

My biggest regret was the lack of payoff concerning the new phone, the DIK cleaning minigame, and Jacob's art. But Bella and Nicole kinda made up for it.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes