MyKneesDawg

Apr 9, 2020
I like drama , but the problem is that this episode has put a lot of drama and little of what for me was the best of the game, which were crazy parties, doing crazy things with your friends, flirting with girls, etc.

I miss the first episodes plot. I know there has to be progress, not everything is a party but sometimes you have to give the viewer / player a break

EDIT: is my favourite VN game It has made me feel things that few games or movies had done before, think about the game for several hours a day and even dream of one of its characters, I still don't believe it xD
I agree. The parties are a lot of fun.

I think it's safe to say we'll get more parties in the game. It's hard to imagine there won't (at the very least) be a huge party to close out the game.

I also agree with the high quantity of the dialogue. The story is rich but maybe a little too much for an adult VN. SL was a game I thought always gave you the info you need in the dialogue but always did it with the least amount of dialogue.

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
The dungeon trip did a pretty good job for me to take a break inbetween lots of drama once at the beginning and twice in the cliffhanger.
But it was all pure fantasy, nothing real
I agree. The parties are a lot of fun.

I think it's safe to say we'll get more parties in the game. It's hard to imagine there won't (at the very least) be a huge party to close out the game.

I also agree with the high quantity of the dialogue. The story is rich but maybe a little too much for an adult VN. SL was a game I thought always gave you the info you need in the dialogue but always did it with the least amount of dialogue.
I want / need a party with Jill, Josy / Maya and Sage and the rest of HOT and DIK that is going to be amazing. We have never seen Jill, Maya and Josy at a party

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Although I'm sad to see Cathy go (don't worry I'm sure we haven't seen the last of her), I'm excited to find who her replacement is going to be. Will it be a brand new sexy milf or will Bella step in to substitute teach Cathy's classes? From a DPC drama standpoint, having Bella take over seems the more likely option. I'm not complaining b/c ever since Bella said she teaches courses at B&R, I've been wanting to see how that would play out with MC in attendance. :D

chronomate

Jun 5, 2020
Oh, so you're saying the choice should automatically be made based on your morality? If DIK = go to JILL and if CHICK = stick with Sage?
No, it can still be a choice, but the choice should be consistent with the moralities in the game. I didn't create those moral standards, DPC did. I just want the game mechanics to remain consistent with itself.

What the fuck is with all this "we'll figure this out, we have too" bullshit. Why the fuck do you keep forcing Josy and Maya on us. I cut my relationship off with them so why am I still being forced??
For me, it depends on if you rejected them or they rejected you. If they rejected you, I understand the drama narratively, because you, the player, wanted the relationship, so the game needs to keep that possibility alive. But if you, as a player, chose to reject them, I agree with you: dial that back (maybe not all the way to zero, so players have some room to potentially change their minds, but definitely dial it back significantly).

Oh, I just remember something I forgot to bring up, did anyone else notice the persons shadow walking outside MC window after he put the tarp up and was going to bed? I'm curious who was sneaking around
A couple people have brought this up, and maybe my vision is just bad, but I didn't see it even when I went back and looked. I saw the light flicker, but was there an actual silhouette I just missed, or are we just assuming it was someone walking in front of the light? If there's something visible in that shot and someone has a screen grab, I'd love to see it.

My interpretation was that Mona was not expelled but simply the free tuition form was deleted by Burke. It revealed that free tuition does actually exist and it is provided by Burke to Quinn's operation. I guess with all the stress and threats Mona decides to leave before anything gets nasty, there was nothing hinting expulsion in there, only scholarship.
This is exactly how I took it as well. 100%.

Except that it likely isn't legitimate and is based entirely upon the girl's willingness to "play ball" with Quinn's schemes. Somehow (and I'll be very interested to see how DPC explains why he's doing this) it would seem that Burke is aiding Quinn's "businesses" by providing the tuition fees himself under the guise of legitimate scholarships, when they in fact aren't.
I'm not sure there's much to explain as far as Burke's motivation goes: he likes young girls, Quinn supplies them, and in exchange he gets them "free tuition". I don't think he's putting actual money into anything, just messing with financial records.

Reactions: mindern and Esp``

MyKneesDawg

Apr 9, 2020
Although I'm sad to see Cathy go (don't worry I'm sure we haven't seen the last of her), I'm excited to find who her replacement is going to be. Will it be a brand new sexy milf or will Bella step in to substitute teach Cathy's classes? From a DPC drama standpoint, having Bella take over seems the more likely option. I'm not complaining b/c ever since Bella said she teaches courses at B&R, I've been wanting to see how that would play out with MC in attendance. :D
The girl in the bar bathroom is my bet.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
Yeah, how evil to differ between DIK and CHICK. :mad:
Well considering everything else on the Sage's path either rewards you with DIK status points, or requires you to follow a Neutral/DIK affinity it's a bit unusual that you now have to go CHICK for the same character. Or are you one of those fan's of games where you have to play with a guide open so you can follow all of the un-intuitive twistings and turnings just to navigate the game?

R1viel

Nov 25, 2017
Well considering everything else on the Sage's path either rewards you with DIK status points, or requires you to follow a Neutral/DIK affinity it's a bit unusual that you now have to go CHICK for the same character. Or are you one of those fan's of games where you have to play with a guide open so you can follow all of the un-intuitive twistings and turnings just to navigate the game?
I mean its a variant scene so its not the end of the world. plus I got that scene on my blind play through. although I think that's one of the bigger scene variants for a character.

brichouse

Oct 31, 2020
I can see your point but Jade mentions that the reason she hasn't divorced Burke is because of "Financial Reasons" which could mean that Jade gets half his money if they divorce. If Burke has video evidence of her cheating on him with a student of all people then he can divorce her keep his money and cause her to lose her job.
If Jade gets half his money if they divorced, that would be reason to divorce, not to stay together. Barring an agreement stating otherwise (which... why would anyone agree to giving up more than half???), half is probably as good as it gets. My guess is she either signed a prenup or is the one with the money and didn't have him sign a prenup (which would mean she's stupid as fuck). She also mentioned her kids (or is it just Tybalt?) as a reason she was still with him, didn't she... or am I just imagining that?

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
Yup, those were exactly my thoughts. I'm not sure if the irony is intentional but the point loss is really inconsistent with her characterization so far. Her gains were all based on chick actions up to this point. And ditching a friend in need to go on a surprise date, is a dick move by any definition.
Not also Jill's characterization, but MC's too. He's been a kind, supportive guy, and that's why Jill likes him so much. He has promised a friend in need to be there for her and then Jill come out of the blue and invites him to a surprise date. All while being in a emotional conflict thanks to Tybalt, so I can even understand she takes this date like a turning point ("does MC really worth it...?") Problem is the in-game MC is not aware of this crucial detail. We as players know what's happening and that kind of info asymmetry is something I never liked in games, because it's forcing me to make a decision in the name of a character that doesn't have the same inputs than me, so immersion is broken. I'm choosing like "me, the external player", not like "me, my in-game MC". And I hate that.

Well, what I say is that the man Jill has started to love would probably go to confort a friend who he knows that needs him (and who he has promised to help) instead of having a selfish, nice date with a girl that, in that moment, he can't possibly know that also needs him to step forward for her (of course, she never tell him that, and he never comes up with a rain check). And by making that most logical choice according to his previous behaviour he's closing the door to the girl that, till this point, was more aligned with his character. Emotional manipulation and lack of a proper communication, that's the only way DPC knows to do things, time after time.

Last edited:

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Another reason I think it will be Bella is the fact that DPC has her openly state she is a teacher and it is even listed in the character bios on your phone. If it's important enough to make it into the bios, it usually means it will come into play later in the story. If this game isn't going to last long enough to cover the spring semester, then why would DPC bring up the fact that Bella is teaching a spring course that MC has to take? Bella taking over for Cathy alleviates that potential issue if the game does indeed end prior to spring.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: chociar666

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
I think the thought process here is that Sage is tied to the DIK route so it's odd that there are scenes with her that only happen if you do something CHIK.
This is very similar to the discussion that's going on about the Jill/Sage choice, where when you do something thoughtful by helping Sage you loose with Jill who's always been on the CHIK path. It's just kinda game-y for a visual novel.

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
Not also Jill's characterization, but MC's too. He's been a kind, supportive guy, and that's why Jill likes him so much. He has promised a friend in need to be there for her and then Jill come out of the blue and invites him to a surprise date. All while being in a emotional conflict thanks to Tybalt, so I can even understand she takes this date like a turning point ("does MC really worth it...?") Problem is the in-game MC is not aware of this crucial detail. We as players know what's happening and that kind of info asymmetry is something I never liked in games, because it's forcing me to make a decision in the name of a character that doesn't have the same inputs than me, so immersion is broken. I'm choosing like "me, the external player", not like "me, my in-game MC". And I hate that.

Well, what I say is that the man Jill has started to love would probably go to confort a friend who he knows that needs him (and who he has promised to help) instead of having a selfish, nice date with a girl that, in that moment, he can't possibly know that also needs him to step forward for her (of course, she never tell him that, and he never comes up with a rain check). And by making that most logical choice according to his previous behaviour he's closing the door to the girl that, till this point, was more aligned with his character. Emotional manipulation and lack of a proper communication, that's the only way DPC knows to do things, time after time.
Add this to your reasoning and I do not think that a girl who likes you is very happy that you reject her romantic date for going to help another girl, no matter how much friend she is, because she may think that the friend is more important than herself ... I at least think for myself. If I'm dating a girl and I go to her house with a surprise date for her birthday and she dumps me because she tells me she has to take care of a friend, I would take it a little badly.

brichouse

Oct 31, 2020
Add this to your reasoning and I do not think that a girl who likes you is very happy that you reject her romantic date for going to help another girl, no matter how much friend she is, because she may think that the friend is more important than herself ... I at least think for myself. If I'm dating a girl and I go to her house with a surprise date for her birthday and she dumps me because she tells me she has to take care of a friend, I would take it a little badly.
Nobody dumps anybody. MC made a prior commitment and 'punishing' him for it by subtracting Jill points if he decides to honor it seems counterintuitive when Jill is all about dropping everything to support friends in need and going out of her way to 'help' people (like when she reported Chad). That's what this boils down to.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes