lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
it is indeed quite possible since the game hints at something dark behind the scenes, don't think it's something as extreme as that though, but definitely something serious that involves trauma for sure since she begins to cry when she first kisses MC,

but it is odd however that she would act so hesitant to the MC's advancements and yet in the recent episode she talks about it being "just carnal" but then realizes it something more but just hates to admit it. It's worth noting that Jill either knows or suspects something as well since in EP 5 she seemed to have peeked into the room or at least tried to.
I think her reaction to MC's advancements in the Library relates to the fact that Burke is infatuated with, and probably stalking, her. I think that the figure in army gear MC saw in Bella's house while drunk was Burke, I also suspect that the boots spooted under the door of the locked room were Burke's.

I really don't understand why people go to Bella being a murderer over the, based on evidence presented, far more likely scenario of being the victim of a sex pest o_O

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
This game has nothing to do with AL, not the tone, not the theme, or the characters. These are teens , not adults traumatized by breakups, illnesses, and other adult life problems

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
I don't really understand why this is supposed to be an iron law here. Has DPC said there will be no endings with "side girls" has DPC defined Quinn as a "side girl"? Is there a rule that she can't attain this mythical coveted LI status? I just think it's worth looking at the story as it's unfolding rather than getting hung up on terminology.
Yes, DPC distinguishes between main girls (LI) and side girls & has explicitly placed Quinn among the side girls.

But don't take my word for it, there are a bunch of status update posts like this one which discuss these groups & Quinn:
So, look forward to a secret main girl who might treat you with something special in Episode 2.

Today, I will release polls for which side girl who will be featured in the Special renders in Episode 2. Since Riona won for Episode 1, she is not included in the poll for Episode 2.

That means that either Cathy, Jade, Camila or Quinn will be the winner.
DPC refuses to detail what the endings are. I think it unlikely side girls get endings (else why call them side girls).

You play the game however you want, just clearing things up so people aren't lead astray with the notion a Quinn ending is on the cards. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.
Being a DIK 0.5.2
From your error message I can see you're trying to patch 0.5.2? If that came from here, it was probably unpacked (has a bunch of *.rpyc files in the game folder). The patch does not work with the unpacked version.

If you have copies of 0.5.0 or 0.5.1 which aren't unpacked (have *.rpa files in the game folder), then the patch will work fine.

If not, then I'm afraid you may need to download the full 0.6 at this point.

Last edited:
Reactions: Real Kreten

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
I think her reaction to MC's advancements in the Library relates to the fact that Burke is infatuated with, and probably stalking, her. I think that the figure in army gear MC saw in Bella's house while drunk was Burke, I also suspect that the boots spooted under the door of the locked room were Burke's.

I really don't understand why people go to Bella being a murderer over the, based on evidence presented, far more likely scenario of being the victim of a sex pest o_O
The stalking thing about Burke can make some sense, specially after the one lurking outside the MC's room, but the boots in the room being him is too farfetched.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Aunt - niece isn’t incest, it’s even legal, but that’s a strong counter-argument to the theory and that’s good.
It is, anything involving blood relatives is incest.

Not trying to be funny here:

What if Episode 8 ends with all the LI's making demands of the MC and he can't handle the pressure. Josy/Maya show up at the library, worried that MC hasn't been to class all week. They find his room empty and Tommy non-chalantly explains that MC had a breakdown and ran away.

We then cut to a dingy apartment in San Diego: Zoe opens the door to find MC standing in front of her with a suitcase.

MC: "Hi, can I stay with you?"

Episode 9 features all five LIs road tripping together to San Diego to get MC and bring him back to campus, while MC and Zoe have philosophical discussions as MC "finds himself."
Your theories are pretty batshit. You know that, right?

What I meant was that the label "LI" is an arbitrary distinction that people are making on here, and I'm not sure it's really as significant as people are making out. Quinn is arguably a much more interesting character than some of the other girls who appear in the chapter reports, the dynamic with the MC is complex and is likely to be developed still further, her scenes in the last chapter were epic, in my view, and her background is being fleshed out. If anything she's in a category by herself, but my point is if it looks like a rose and smells like a rose, it still smells as sweet, regardless of whether she is a "main LI". I'm not sure why people are so invested in that term.
LI is not an "arbitrary distinction", it is the actual distinction.

Maya, Josy, Jill, Bella, and Sage are all "main girls", as is evident from the end-of-episode review screen where you see all 5 of them, the official walkthrough which labels them as such, and the fact that you gain RP with them. Quinn and the rest are "side girls", always have been, always will be. The main girls are the ones who are the defined LIs of this game and are all guaranteed to have endings because they are the primary realtionship goals.

Quinn, or any side girl, having an ending is not guaranteed and this is why saying "she's not a main LI" is important to keep reiterating because people have to be aware that there's a very good chance that there is no ending for her, or anyone other than the main LIs, with the MC.

I don't really understand why this is supposed to be an iron law here. Has DPC said there will be no endings with "side girls" has DPC defined Quinn as a "side girl"? Is there a rule that she can't attain this mythical coveted LI status? I just think it's worth looking at the story as it's unfolding rather than getting hung up on terminology.
Two things; number 1, it's common practice in these games that there are main LIs and side girls. The main girls are always the primary focus of the MC with side girls either being brief flings, or joining the MC and a main LI as part of a throuple or harem. Quinn has had a lot more to do than most side girls typically do, but this is likely due to the fact that she's a key player in the story and not necessarily because she is a potential relationship.

Number 2, Quinn has no RP of her own and only main girls have RP. Whilst the RP hasn't really factored in much to most options, choices, etc, as it's been mostly about stat checks and triggering certain scenes, it is still there and there are still points being gathered for the main girls, so what you have with them will presumably come into play eventually. Quinn does not have this, which mean that if RP is going to come into effect when determining endgame LI, then this obviously puts her at an incredible disadvantage because she has none.

The only chance you are likely to have Quinn is by not getting any of the main LIs, much like how in AL, the MC could go back to his ex if he doesn't get any of the main LIs. This was also considered to be a "bad" ending as it wasn't the primary goal of the game, so it's possible Quinn may get that distinction too. So if people, essentially, want to mess up with the 5 main girls so they can get an ending with Quinn (if she gets one), then I guess they can, but it's technically not what you should be aiming for.

Antherak

Aug 20, 2020
So, i just restarted a game from scratch from the start and noticed some interesting things, which can open up some speculation.

About this game being happy life campus and not AL dark, i think it WILL be AL dark. Right from the start, we have Jill ask us if we are in a troubled period of our life, and if yes, to not play the game, so i can totally see characters leave and new ones pop. Also, the main characters and storyline is shaped in a very similar fashion.

I think for example that Mona will be gone permanently. She's gonna get a few scenes next episode to explain the departure to the player, but she will be gone for good.

I think the main storyline for the MC is the Josy/Maya arc. There is a lot of similarities between them and Melissa/Megan. I can totally see Sage being the Rena of this game. The side chick added in to make the story less linear that will have an ending, albeit a lesser one. Maya's dad can be related to Melissa's dad, which instead of a fire, will literally physically remove Maya from campus and probably the game with options of removing Josy instead. I totally also see Bella as Leah, except she has help from Jill. They find people they like or obsess with, then charm them maybe by taking turns, or having bets on who will succeed then get rid of them after some fun, Misery-style. Maybe Bella's husband was one of them.

I also noticed a few details during that playthrough. At the DiK party, when Sage ask you to dance with her, you can clearly see Sally dancing in the background. Another thing i noticed, when sneaking in the preps mansion and you are in Jill's room, you can open a drawers with 2 pictures. One of Bella, and the second one, which the MC has his finger over the names, clearly shows a somewhat younger Mel, dressed in a school uniform on the back of another unknown girl which look simiilar to the goth girl in swiper.

I also think Chad is gay with Troy. As for the panties, there is always 'the girl' in gay couples, so maybe its him. But Mel knows with her reaction during the breakup, which seemed like sadness, so maybe more family relations and stuff.

Who knows? :p

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Your theories are pretty batshit. You know that, right?
MC's dad seems very genuine, wears his heart on his sleeve and all that. I'd be hard pressed to believe he's being lying about MC's mom having died all along. On top of that, is there anyone here who is propagating the "Jill is his aunt" theory who doesn't know their own mom's maiden name? Plus (and I'm sure this has been said before), MC's dad knows the name of the university, you think he'd know it was co-founded by his in-laws and he might mention that to his son. There are too many suspensions of disbelief and bending of obvious truths in order to keep this theory afloat (it's kinda like religion).
There are a few coincidences, MC and Jill are related to two people who died within a few years of each other who were from wealthy families whom both enjoyed sitting under trees on the odd occasion...

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
No it isn't...not even where we live.

2nd generation is usually fine...so cousin first removed is perfectly acceptable. All about the dilution of the bloodline.
As many as Patreon/PayPal want. Nothing else to discuss about that matter, really
It was more of a rhetorical question than anything, but I'd say that lately the word evolved into being just the immediate family.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
I also noticed a few details during that playthrough. At the DiK party, when Sage ask you to dance with her, you can clearly see Sally dancing in the background. Another thing i noticed, when sneaking in the preps mansion and you are in Jill's room, you can open a drawers with 2 pictures. One of Bella, and the second one, which the MC has his finger over the names, clearly shows a somewhat younger Mel, dressed in a school uniform on the back of another unknown girl which look simiilar to the goth girl in swiper.
Did you mean to say a "younger Jill"?

Reactions: imzahai

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Yes, DPC distinguishes between main girls (LI) and side girls & has explicitly placed Quinn among the side girls.

But don't take my word for it, there are a bunch of status update posts like this one which discuss these groups & Quinn:

DPC refuses to detail what the endings are. I think it unlikely side girls get endings (else why call them side girls).

You play the game however you want, just clearing things up so people aren't lead astray with the notion a Quinn ending is on the cards. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I keep coming back to Ana in AL when I think about a possible Quinn ending, that if someone doesn't go for any of the main LIs but does get all of Quinn's scenes instead then they might get one, but I feel like that would be considered the "bad" ending.

I do wonder if the fandom for Quinn is an unintentional consequence and if perhaps DPC never intended for her to have such a following. Think about it; he created a character who is running a prostitution and drug operation out of a college sorority and is essentially coercing other girls to join her and do her bidding. On the surface, it seems pretty terrible and that she would not be a character people should be interested in, but then she's given some emotional depth and what appears to be a tragic backstory, and people want to save her and have an ending with her.

She may not be a main LI, but DPC has somewhat given this side girl more depth than most of the main girls.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
It was more of a rhetorical question than anything, but I'd say that lately the word evolved into being just the immediate family.
Hot off the press from wikipedia where everything is 100% correct:

Laws regarding incest are sometimes expressed in terms of degrees of relationship. The degree of relationship is calculated by counting the number of generations back to a common ancestor. Consanguinity (but not affinity) relationships may be summarized as follows:

Degree of
relationship
RelationshipAverage DNA
shared %
99%
0identical twins; clones100%
1parent-offspring 50%
1full siblings50%
23/4-siblings or sibling-cousins37.5%
2grandparent-grandchild25%
2half-siblings25%
2aunt/uncle-nephew/niece25%
2double first cousins (at a glance I thought this said "double fist"...)25%
3great grandparent-great grandchild12.5%
3first cousins12.5%
3quadruple second cousins12.5%
4triple second cousins9.38%
4half-first cousins6.25%
4first cousins once removed6.25%
4double second cousins6.25%
5second cousins3.13%
7third cousins0.78%
9fourth cousins0.20%
Most laws regarding concern relations of r = 25% or higher, while most permit unions of individuals with r = 12.5% or lower. In 24 of the , are prohibited. Also, most laws make no provision for the rare case of marriage between double first cousins. Incest laws may also include prohibitions of unions between biologically unrelated individuals if there is a close legal relationship, such as or step relations.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
Corrected that for you!
It was already correct.

Hot off the press from wikipedia where everything is 100% correct:

Laws regarding incest are sometimes expressed in terms of degrees of relationship. The degree of relationship is calculated by counting the number of generations back to a common ancestor. Consanguinity (but not affinity) relationships may be summarized as follows:

Degree of
relationship
RelationshipAverage DNA
shared %
99%
0identical twins; clones100%
1parent-offspring 50%
1full siblings50%
23/4-siblings or sibling-cousins37.5%
2grandparent-grandchild25%
2half-siblings25%
2aunt/uncle-nephew/niece25%
2double first cousins (at a glance I thought this said "double fist"...)25%
3great grandparent-great grandchild12.5%
3first cousins12.5%
3quadruple second cousins12.5%
4triple second cousins9.38%
4half-first cousins6.25%
4first cousins once removed6.25%
4double second cousins6.25%
5second cousins3.13%
7third cousins0.78%
9fourth cousins0.20%
Most laws regarding concern relations of r = 25% or higher, while most permit unions of individuals with r = 12.5% or lower. In 24 of the , are prohibited. Also, most laws make no provision for the rare case of marriage between double first cousins. Incest laws may also include prohibitions of unions between biologically unrelated individuals if there is a close legal relationship, such as or step relations.
Fascinating and irrelevent, Patreon, through their actions, have made it clear that any relationship between relatives, no matter how distant, violates their terms; this includes adopted and step relatives.

This is also irrelevent because DPC has no interest in making an incest game.

Last edited:

A.aron

Sep 2, 2020
MC's dad seems very genuine, wears his heart on his sleeve and all that. I'd be hard pressed to believe he's being lying about MC's mom having died all along. On top of that, is there anyone here who is propagating the "Jill is his aunt" theory who doesn't know their own mom's maiden name? Plus (and I'm sure this has been said before), MC's dad knows the name of the university, you think he'd know it was co-founded by his in-laws and he might mention that to his son. There are too many suspensions of disbelief and bending of obvious truths in order to keep this theory afloat (it's kinda like religion).
There are a few coincidences, MC and Jill are related to two people who died within a few years of each other who were from wealthy families whom both enjoyed sitting under trees on the odd occasion...
That's exactly what I believe as well. People in favour of this theory are depending on the things which are far less likely to happen in the future and ignoring/don't want to believe what we have already seen.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes