Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
This game has a long and complex story. It would be impossible to cover all the ramifications, especially for choices that occour so early in the game. At some point you need to cheat a bit with some "illusionism" (meaning to have the story go in a prefixed direction, giving the illusion of choice to the player).

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Not done anything with Quinn and I still had to sit through extended scenes of her selling drugs or going to pick up drugs or grooming girls.
Not pursuing Bella but I still had to go over to her house and have half of Episode 5 be doing yoga with her and making pancakes.
Funny how only two girls get this complaint thrown at them and everybody else gets a free pass.
Well, for starters, Quinn's plot is important it's the main underlying plot of the game. Everything else, including the LIs, are side-plots as Quinn's story will likely cause ramifications that affect almost everybody.

Secondly, the Bella/Jill sleepover could be seen as strange, however, at this point, even if you've been a bit of an ass to Jill, she still likes the MC, so him staying over will likely be because of her so it does somewhat make sense.

That's because they're the only girls who drama is forced on us even when we're not pursuing them unlike with Sage, Bella & Jill.
Well, the Sage/Chad was somewhat forced on us at the beginning because we all had to go spy on him in locker room for Sage. Afterwards, you could close her off for the time being by not agreeing to the guitar lessons, but we still get into a fight with Chad and see their break-up even if the MC has nothing to do with her. As for Bella and Jill, we're surely going to get sucked into that as well, with Tybalt leveraging Jill and whatever is going on with Bella and the locked door mystery.

The difference with M&J is that we've had quite a bit of so it far, but in terms of "forced" stuff in this episode, it's really just the DnG game (hated it, but it establishes they're trying to be friends who help each other) and the ending, which again is about him being a friend. I'm sure we'll get something similar with Sage, Bella, and Jill with their dramas, where the MC is roped in despite not pursuing them, because these people aren't going to be completely cut out of his life.

the fact that all DIKs (including mole) know she had sex with MC I doubt it will have any consequences.
Well, they didn't have sex, also the DIKs don't know what went on, they just know she spent the night and assume what happened.

the only two who should be strongly uncomfortable with each other are Jill and Josy who are fully aware that they both feel, or have felt something for MC, and instead they are the 2 most serene and get along very well (probably for some need for a plot to be discovered)
If we're talking in terms of women's intuition, then perhaps they have a feeling about each other, but I don't think they know the full extent. Even so, Jill knows that Josy is someone the MC has been seeing yet is still getting friendly with her, so she's either not bothered about that knowledge, or is just putting on a brave face. Either way, it probably is for plot purposes such that, if the MC chooses Jill, Josy (at least) won't be too uspet because she knows that Jill is a nice person and she'll be happy for the MC, and vice-versa should the MC choose Josy (and possibly Maya) over her.

Which brings us full circle right back to where this conversation was dozens of pages ago. Why is MC still friends with Josy and Maya? It's one of the most heinous WTF moments in this game that make absolutely zero sense.
And again I will say this is why the rejection should neve have been in the game. A slight difference in affinity is not enough to make them not want to be with him, especially if he's done everything with them and has max RP with each. Instead, he should have automatically chosen friendship because surely that's what DIK MC would do. It would mek everything so much cleaner because then at least them being friends, or at least trying to be, would make more sense.

Who is this beauty Josylike?
View attachment 916362
Ana from AL. She's the ex of that game's MC who he can hate fuck and possibly get back together with at the end if he does so.

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
Seriously, I have to write this all out again?

First, read the ep 4 library scene again
View attachment 916385 View attachment 916386

Try to put yourself in the MC's shoes. Do you think that he might have thought that there was a possibility of a relationship here? And how would you feel when this possibility of a relationship turn's out to be that you were an emotional crutch for this girl? And now that she has what she wants, you just don't matter anymore. Especially given that she never even told you that there was already someone in her life?

Josy did tell MC that she had someone else. He then did the right thing and told her this is farewell. But Josy insisted that it was not farewell, only good bye while crying and hugging him. Don't you think she was sending him mixed signal's here? Don't you think she was holding out the possibility that there could still be something between them?

Then later when she calls him at college it sounds very much like she's about to end her relationship and run away. What do you say then to a girl you've had a crush on all summer? 'OK Bye, have a nice life' Have you ever heard of the concept of drawing somebody forward by running away? Then, after their date together he's just about to leave when she interrupt's him and invite's him into her bed. What do you think you would be feeling at that moment?

The situation is pretty clear, and both girl's admit it, that they used the MC as an emotional crutch at a time when they were both sad and lonely. How would you feel in that situation?
That you only focus on what happened in that episode and not what is happening now, where it is clearly seen that this is not how they think, perhaps they just needed to know that losing the MC was much more important to them than they thought . I went through something like that, I said it at the time that is why when I finished chapter 3-4 I was sunk, I had a girlfriend who I loved more than anything and I was there for her when she needed me and then she left me later for the same boy she had abandoned for me. At first it was hard, I got angry but after a short time we regained our friendship and we are still friends although today we are no longer friends but that is irrelevant.

Keep calm and enjoy yourself ;)
I was already spoiled :KEK: :HideThePain:

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
This game has a long and complex story. It would be impossible to cover all the ramifications, especially for choices that occour so early in the game. At some point you need to cheat a bit with some "illusionism" (meaning to have the story go in a prefixed direction, giving the illusion of choice to the player).
No, that's just bad writing. DPC chose to make the game long and complicated. Now that he's six episodes in he can't manage his own story.

Jan 15, 2019
No, that's just bad writing. DPC chose to make the game long and complicated. Now that he's six episodes in he can't manage his own story.
possibility of him doing it deliberately and this is how he wants to show the story specially the MJ part on DIK path ?

The Bush Diver

Feb 21, 2020
How absurd would be to think that Quinn might get more space within the VN from now on? She's been on the banner with the LIs, her backstory was the opener in ep. 6, and the MC is getting quite close to her, as we can see from her scene and the phone messages where Quinn offers free specials and agrees to hang more with the MC.

How much of a long shot would be to think that she may join the RP system? It wouldn't be the weirdest thing to see it starting in ep. 7, right?

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
possibility of him doing it deliberately and this is how he wants to show the story specially the MJ part on DIK path ?
My whole point in all of this is no logical motivation for the MC to make the decisions that he makes, and this lack of motivational consistency just makes the story fall apart.

Jan 15, 2019
How absurd would be to think that Quinn might get more space within the VN from now on? She's been on the banner with the LIs, her backstory was the opener in ep. 6, and the MC is getting quite close to her, as we can see from her scene and the phone messages where Quinn offers free specials and agrees to hang more with the MC.

How much of a long shot would be to think that she may join the RP system? It wouldn't be the weirdest thing to see it starting in ep. 7, right?
don't know about RP system but very likely chances we will get an ending with/for her

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020

would be a bit weird to start counting RP in the middle of the story. I don't see why RP system is needed for other girls anyway so don't listen to me

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Well, it would be to be emotionally attached to two girls, one of whom has told him that she had a partner and at the same time to be dating many others and then get angry at discovering that the two of them had been a couple, remember that Maya believes that that was over now. They all acted bad, but the MC is not a saint
and this would be a fault for Mc but not the two girls?
that exactly like him are emotionally linked to 2 people

with the SUBSTANTIVE difference that MC tells that to both of them (to Maya clearly, to Josy less)

I still see no guilt.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
That you only focus on what happened in that episode and not what is happening now, where it is clearly seen that this is not how they think, perhaps they just needed to know that losing the MC was much more important to them than they thought . I went through something like that, I said it at the time that is why when I finished chapter 3-4 I was sunk, I had a girlfriend who I loved more than anything and I was there for her when she needed me and then she left me later for the same boy she had abandoned for me. At first it was hard, I got angry but after a short time we regained our friendship and we are still friends although today we are no longer friends but that is irrelevant.

I was already spoiled :KEK: :HideThePain:
That's completely beside the point. None of the characters have any knowledge of what's happening in future episodes. This was a discussion of why the MC would remain friends with M&J after the events leading up to the end of episode 4.

Reactions: anonymoussposter

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Well, they didn't have sex, also the DIKs don't know what went on, they just know she spent the night and assume what happened.

If we're talking in terms of women's intuition, then perhaps they have a feeling about each other, but I don't think they know the full extent. Even so, Jill knows that Josy is someone the MC has been seeing yet is still getting friendly with her, so she's either not bothered about that knowledge, or is just putting on a brave face. Either way, it probably is for plot purposes such that, if the MC chooses Jill, Josy (at least) won't be too uspet because she knows that Jill is a nice person and she'll be happy for the MC, and vice-versa should the MC choose Josy (and possibly Maya) over her.
Cathe has her professional life ruined by a photo (in which she does nothing wrong), Bella instead spends the night in a brotherhood known for its seriousness

the DIKs don't need to know what she did or didn't do

Josy knows that Jill and MC have had a date, and Jill knows that MC has had a past with Josy, he tells him right on the date and Jill replies that she accepts it but of course she doesn't like it.

there is little to use female intuition

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Seriously, I have to write this all out again?

First, read the ep 4 library scene again
View attachment 916385 View attachment 916386

Try to put yourself in the MC's shoes. Do you think that he might have thought that there was a possibility of a relationship here?
Yes, because even though it was all happening in a very short space of time, their feelings deepened for each other as was evident from the fact that, in that scene with Maya in Ep 3, she showed a determination to give herself over to her feelings for him and was preparing to tell him everything, as well as perhaps that she wanted to be with him, before Josy showed up. Josy similarly was prepared to dump Maya and be with the MC when she got to the college, so they were both going to make massive leaps for him.

What happened between then and Ep 4 was that they spent 2 days together and it reminded them of what they had which made things even more confusing and complicated for both of them. Maya also now had a chance to enact her plan to get the tuition, get out from under her Dad's thumb, and be with Josy, but she now had feelings for the MC. The MC may have started out as her "way to escape", but he's more than that now and she knows it, as does the MC.

The problem, as I will always continue to say, is that the rejection doesn't make sense, but so too does them getting back together so easily and even having that reconciliatory kiss. I do think they can forgive each other for being with the MC because they both feel the same way about him (I even think Josy should be ecstatic about it), but I don't think they should have made up so easily. They also shouldn't have rejected the MC because if he's done everything with them, as some people on the DIK path had done, then there'e nothing they've seen that should make them wary of being with him.

Josy did tell MC that she had someone else. He then did the right thing and told her this is farewell. But Josy insisted that it was not farewell, only good bye while crying and hugging him. Don't you think she was sending him mixed signal's here? Don't you think she was holding out the possibility that there could still be something between them?
She's a woman, of course she was giving him mixed signals. :ROFLMAO:

The situation is pretty clear, and both girl's admit it, that they used the MC as an emotional crutch at a time when they were both sad and lonely. How would you feel in that situation?
I wouldn't say they used him, they leaned on him for emotional support during a difficult time, and given this game's rapid progression of things, they developed feelings for him quickly so it became something more.

Reactions: dalli_x

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
Lot of whiny bitches in the thread recently, D&G was a fun diversion, I especially enjoyed the different ways in which the LIs reacted to MC's charm based on relationship status.

And to everyone moaning that those sex scenes weren't real, I've got news for you, none of the scenes are real :oops: . What was really good was it allowed DPC to cram in far more scenes than was feasable in such a short space of time, remember how you all critisised the number of sex scenes in the mansion for being unrealistic? :FacePalm:

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
That's completely beside the point. None of the characters have any knowledge of what's happening in future episodes. This was a discussion of why the MC would remain friends with M&J after the events leading up to the end of episode 4.
It is not out of place, you must forget what happened in chapter 4 and focus on the now and now if the Mc is with them they are all happy and I would say that they love him more than each other. And if you are not with them, you are their friend, although the plot suggests that Mc and they still feel things for each other and that cannot be avoided for now, it is done like that and that's it.

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017

Yes other variables could be used to setup RP points mid-game, but that seems extraordinarily unlikely given DPC has already established her role in the story. If he planned for her to be a LI he would have made his coding job easier by incorporating Quinn RP from the start.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes