mc "Yeah, we're pretty close."
js "Ok..."

otherwise:
js "That's nice of you."
It's worth noting that Maya avoids eye contact too :unsure:

MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020
Oh, yeah, that's definitely jealousy.

Man, I love the attention to this kind of detail in this game. Many games would not have created a whole new render for that one frame when you could just, I dunno, let the player read their thoughts or something equally cheap.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I didn't notice that the last scene was different (besides the dialogue)

unlikely to be casual, the dialogue is between Josy and MC so that Maya does not participate is ok, but the doubt is there

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
In the event that it was Josy and both girls are on your route, Jill will probably tell her about the date and Josy confides in her that she is also dating him and for now they have an open relationship

Jill could be upset (let's be honest no girl would like to hear that) Or Josy uses his magic and Jill enters the relationship with her, Maya and the MC (This will never happen :KEK: )
View attachment 971706
If she were doing this shopping trip/lingerie fashion show with Josy, I don't see Josy telling Jill that she's dating the MC, if they are dating. Also, if this is to be Josy she's with, then any date discussion would surely have to be about the one in Ep 4 since that's universal to all players. So if this were to be the case, this could be Jill reacting to Josy asking her what she feels about the date and the MC which would cause Jill to blush and gush about him which in turn creates feelings of jealousy and concern within Josy if you're on the M&J path. It may also cause them to discuss the MC and Jill may wonder about him and Josy and what's going on with them, so it could be an interesting moment if it was these 2 characters in this scene.

Well, girls don't seem like the type but maybe they are doing "keep your friends close, keep your enemies stronger" unconsciously? (OMG did I write this right on my first try? XD) Maybe they both trust themselves so much that the other don't stand a chance agains them? Or it's just they don't care? I can easily see Josy putting up with it since she is friendly to basically everyone except Tommy. Jill has anly Bella as a friend, she would be more than willing to stay friends to Josy. Ofc, these don't apply if the situation escalates to the extreme, but dont think it's happening yet :KEK:
"Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer" is the correct idiom from Sun Tzu's "The Art of War".

Doesn't look like they are jealous tbh
Maybe not jealous, but definitely concerned. Remember that if you're on the M&J path and are Sage's FWB, they saw the MC being very friendly with Sage during the movie night and even giving her a piggyback out of the room at the end of the night, so when the MC says they're "close" it's uncomfortable for them to hear it because they can probably assume what that means.

It's interesting they would have this reaction, especially Maya who was the one that said they should have this "open relationship", but I've always thought that Maya said that because it was something of a test, for both her and him, to see if he would do anything with anybody else and to see if she would feel anything about it because if she didn't care that much, then maybe it means her feelings for him aren't as strong as she thought, but here it looks like she does care.

I also think this plus the potential of Josy and Jill having a discussion about the MC if she's the one going shopping with Jill could lead to this all coming to a head. I could see the MC and Josy having a moment alone where she asks him what's going on with Sage and Jill and what this means for his feelings about her and Maya on the M&J path, and on the non-M&J path she'll perhaps seem encouraging or will ask if he ever had any feelings for them (M&J) if he was pursuing Sage and Jill at the same time.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
the friendship between Josy and Jill is quite inexplicable. they both know that MC feels something for each other and yet they never talk about it (maybe between them?)

for example Josy knows that MC has had a date with Jill, but she never asks about it (for example she makes some jokes about Sage when they meet her at lunch), and likewise Jill never asks MC how he has settled down the problem had with Maya and Josy.

they both choose not to know.

it would have been a perfect opportunity to create jealousy / competition, instead they become super friends.

and but women do nonsense ...
I think there are two separate things going on.

Jill and Josy are becoming friends because they are both outgoing, charismatic people with shared interests. Fairly straightforward, really.

The relative lack of jealousy over the MC is mostly about out-of-game reasons: the story isn't at the point where the MC is supposed to commit to a girl, yet. Much like with the whole "no strings attached" business, it makes more or less sense depending on how you chose to play the MC.

That said, there are a few partial in-game explanations if we wanted to justify their reluctance to talk about it. First, the MC and Josy agreed to "no strings attached" so for Josy asking about Jill can only end badly; why open that can of worms now? Second, Jill is (theoretically) in the process of cutting the MC out of her life to placate Tybalt, so confronting Josy about the MC is at best making a bad situation even harder.

Third, while there is some awkward silence, it's not like the MC is making out with one in front of the other. Jill knows the MC must have made peace with Josy, but he spent most of his time in the library with Maya (and AFAIK, Jill doesn't know about Maya's relation with either). Josy likewise knows the MC had a date with Jill, but she doesn't know if it went particularly well and Jill seems disinterested in hanging out with the MC in the library. So at the moment the threat to each other seems low. The only potential red flag from each girls' perspective would be if the MC charms both in the D&G game. That's pretty low stakes, and we never see the two interact afterwards.

in neither situation?

for me it is enough for a woman to ask me about another to make me suspect, but Josy's truncated answer in my opinion leaves little doubt
In the friendship path (with either M&J or Sage), Josy's response is pretty positive, IMHO. I agree she's either nervous or jealous when the MC is on both the M&J/fuck buddy paths.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I think there are two separate things going on.

Jill and Josy are becoming friends because they are both outgoing, charismatic people with shared interests. Fairly straightforward, really.

The relative lack of jealousy over the MC is mostly about out-of-game reasons: the story isn't at the point where the MC is supposed to commit to a girl, yet. Much like with the whole "no strings attached" business, it makes more or less sense depending on how you chose to play the MC.

That said, there are a few partial in-game explanations if we wanted to justify their reluctance to talk about it. First, the MC and Josy agreed to "no strings attached" so for Josy asking about Jill can only end badly; why open that can of worms now? Second, Jill is (theoretically) in the process of cutting the MC out of her life to placate Tybalt, so confronting Josy about the MC is at best making a bad situation even harder.

Third, while there is some awkward silence, it's not like the MC is making out with one in front of the other. Jill knows the MC must have made peace with Josy, but he spent most of his time in the library with Maya (and AFAIK, Jill doesn't know about Maya's relation with either). Josy likewise knows the MC had a date with Jill, but she doesn't know if it went particularly well and Jill seems disinterested in hanging out with the MC in the library. So at the moment the threat to each other seems low. The only potential red flag from each girls' perspective would be if the MC charms both in the D&G game. That's pretty low stakes, and we never see the two interact afterwards.

In the friendship path (with either M&J or Sage), Josy's response is pretty positive, IMHO. I agree she's either nervous or jealous when the MC is on both the M&J/fuck buddy paths.
I don't like the explanations related to the plot, which is probably the main one

the problem is that Josy's jealousy about Jill is first shown and then hidden, it doesn't come out even if Josy and MC are just friends, in that case a question about Jill would have been normal (but we all know that the friendship route doesn't exist Unfortunately)

but then when they study in the library, it is not clear why, it is MC who has to feel embarrassed even if it is not a relationship with either girl

I would not say that Jill is a very charismatic character, besides Bella, who is not a student, Josy is the only other student we see her talking to (as opposed to Josy who in this is the only one with MC to have interactions with more people). for this reason this friendship is very noticeable

let's clarify: it is not a hole in the plot, but something superficially left aside.

MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020
Yup, my impression too.

And, uhm, about your sig, I think the name is 'Leap of Faith'.

Reactions: ename144

BenMeiffert

Jul 29, 2020
i really feel more jealousy from Maya than Josie... Josie seems to just get the info, Maya turn her head.
And in the library when Maya meets Jill and Jill tells she's close with MC, Maya has the same jealous reaction too.
Maybe she begins to understand her feeling for MC, and that she wants him to herself, and maybe share him only with Josie.
Maya will count all the girls around MC (Jill, Sage then Bella and all the Hots...) I don't think she could be ok with all of these girls. Even more if Quinn is one of these girls.

Reactions: Kellermann

Endrju

Shadows of the Past
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 20, 2017
In the event that it was Josy and both girls are on your route, Jill will probably tell her about the date and Josy confides in her that she is also dating him and for now they have an open relationship

Jill could be upset (let's be honest no girl would like to hear that) Or Josy uses his magic and Jill enters the relationship with her, Maya and the MC (This will never happen :KEK: )
View attachment 971706
so there is actually no way of saying NO to any of those girls?

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
i really feel more jealousy from Maya than Josie... Josie seems to just get the info, Maya turn her head.
And in the library when Maya meets Jill and Jill tells she's close with MC, Maya has the same jealous reaction too.
Maybe she begins to understand her feeling for MC, and that she wants him to herself, and maybe share him only with Josie.
Maya will count all the girls around MC (Jill, Sage then Bella and all the Hots...) I don't think she could be ok with all of these girls. Even more if Quinn is one of these girls.
none of the LI will be okay with sharing MC (maybe not even Maya and Josy between them), but Maya seems to me the last one who can push for this, both because she was the one who proposed the freepass (and it was a twist) and then because intimately she is not yet convinced that MC interests her as a male

if we also take the picnic scene, Josy accepts Maya's idea but she doesn't seem very convinced

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Gladheim

BenMeiffert

Jul 29, 2020
I also think this plus the potential of Josy and Jill having a discussion about the MC if she's the one going shopping with Jill could lead to this all coming to a head. I could see the MC and Josy having a moment alone where she asks him what's going on with Sage and Jill and what this means for his feelings about her and Maya on the M&J path, and on the non-M&J path she'll perhaps seem encouraging or will ask if he ever had any feelings for them (M&J) if he was pursuing Sage and Jill at the same time.
I agree with that, but in the second or maybe third episode, MC told Maya he never felt in love with her first and only girlfriend and didn't really know about love. So he could have some mitigating circumstance to try differents girls. And more and more the story will progress, he will be more fixed about his feelings and could make a difference between care/like/love/sexfriend...

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes