Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
I like all those games, ("What a Legend" grew on me after I gave it a second chance), but to me, they're mostly forgettable ("City of Broken Dreamers" is the exception), and I'm not specifically "hanging out" for their next updates; I'd play them for sure, but I don't care either way.

I played "Once in a Lifetime" just last week for the first time, and when you mentioned it, I had to go back and look at it to remember what it was all about. It had an intriguing story, but there was nothing special about it.

Plus "What a Legend" hasn't been updated for almost 6 months and "City of Broken Dreamers" (while definitely an excellent story) last update was quite short.

It's mostly subjective, but in my view BaDIK stands alone due to the following combination:
  • Nice renders with very emotive expressions ;)
  • Excellent sound track selection :cool:
  • Laugh-out-loud humor :ROFLMAO:
  • Lots of enjoyable nuance and attention to subtle details :unsure:
  • Memorable and consistent characters - Characters that don't just exist for the mc - they have their own agency :eek:
  • Flowing & polished dialogue :D
  • Really impressive kissing animation :whistle:
  • Fun setting :giggle:
  • Lots of drama :cry:
  • Obsessed fan base :geek:
The only thing it lacks is a clear direction, but he's just a young guy in college, he's there to learn, fuck, and get into trouble; not much other direction is required I guess. :sneaky:

Of course there are plenty of other good games, but they just exist to fill in the gap between BaDIK episodes. :LOL:

Yeah, it was a totally inappropriate clip. In that situation it was Wesley that was bluffing and Humperdink called him out on it (even if it was a bit late), whereas it's Tybalt that's bluffing and the mc needs to fuck him up. So role reversals, and definitely not the same caliber characters, however when I hear, "Bluffing" that's my go to. :D
That's why iv said that while some games do certain aspects better like LoFs incorporation of music or ToNs animations DPC makes a better overall game. That's kinda why he has two games in the top 10 on the ranking lists and thousands of patreon users.

Last edited:
Reactions: Awry90 and shazba

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
Tybalt is the problem

why should we take him seriously?

in the sixth chapter he is ridiculed by DPC when he sets up his blackmail to Jill with the inside joke on the watermelon at breakfast. that would be the time when Tybalt should be the villain of the moment

then he is ridiculed by Bella in the phone call scene

and finally ridiculed, even rudely, by Sally in the library.

why should we expect him to receive a different treatment? why should we consider him a threat? when it is clear that his is just a bluff

a clarification though: I am convinced that the game of D&G is not an exception to blackmail, it is not yet active at that moment, from how Jill talks about it I think she has not yet accepted, in theory she should do it after the picnic
I mentioned this before, but.. it could be set up for the twist that Tybalt's shit is in-fact serious. Its a classic trope. The bumbling fool everyone ignores turns out to be a serious threat. DPC could just be lowering the players' guard in that regard, which lets the twist hit all the harder. The more I think about it, the more I feel Tybalt's plot is that eventually he'll be pushed around too much or spurned or just lose it that Jill refuses to take him seriously as a romantic interest or something, and he'll do something stupid that will have ramifications. Even if what he's trying to do fails, there will be something in it or fallout from it that'll have repercussions.

Because you're right. There's no reason to take Tybalt seriously right now. But DPC has still implemented the plotline, and so it will lead to something.

Reactions: felicemastronzo

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I mentioned this before, but.. it could be set up for the twist that Tybalt's shit is in-fact serious. Its a classic trope. The bumbling fool everyone ignores turns out to be a serious threat. DPC could just be lowering the players' guard in that regard, which lets the twist hit all the harder. The more I think about it, the more I feel Tybalt's plot is that eventually he'll be pushed around too much or spurned or just lose it that Jill refuses to take him seriously as a romantic interest or something, and he'll do something stupid that will have ramifications. Even if what he's trying to do fails, there will be something in it or fallout from it that'll have repercussions.

Because you're right. There's no reason to take Tybalt seriously right now. But DPC has still implemented the plotline, and so it will lead to something.
the problem is the timing

DPC ridiculed Tybalt when he showed himself as a threat, the scene where Tybalt wants to convince Jill not to see MC again, is not dramatic, it is ridiculous

if there was to be a turnaround, that was the moment.

and here I repeat myself, I know that I do it often ..., if Tybalt had accused Mc of what Mc really did (starting the fire system and ruining the fundraising of the Preps) in a serious way, then yes that Tybalt it would have been a real threat., or have the fire suppression system damaged Jill's piano...
but Tybalt asked for Jill's trust by lying to her, exaggeratingly foolishly

and then it remains clear that his is a bluff, it is not credible that he really denounces MC (and if he did he would push Jill even closer to MC, probably pushing her to help him in the lawsuit). neither he nor his threat is fearful.

and he's not even a sentimental threat, it's not credible that Jill will ever get close to him (because he's ridiculous and because he's a liar)

of course what I say refers to the case in which Mc is interested in Jill, if Mc is not interested Tybalt cannot be a threat by definition

Last edited:

CAznable

Jul 8, 2018
I like all those games, ("What a Legend" grew on me after I gave it a second chance), but to me, they're mostly forgettable ("City of Broken Dreamers" is the exception), and I'm not specifically "hanging out" for their next updates; I'd play them for sure, but I don't care either way.

I played "Once in a Lifetime" just last week for the first time, and when you mentioned it, I had to go back and look at it to remember what it was all about. It had an intriguing story, but there was nothing special about it.

Plus "What a Legend" hasn't been updated for almost 6 months and "City of Broken Dreamers" (while definitely an excellent story) last update was quite short.

It's mostly subjective, but in my view BaDIK stands alone due to the following combination:
  • Nice renders with very emotive expressions ;)
  • Excellent sound track selection :cool:
  • Laugh-out-loud humor :ROFLMAO:
  • Lots of enjoyable nuance and attention to subtle details :unsure:
  • Memorable and consistent characters - Characters that don't just exist for the mc - they have their own agency :eek:
  • Flowing & polished dialogue :D
  • Really impressive kissing animation :whistle:
  • Fun setting :giggle:
  • Lots of drama :cry:
  • Obsessed fan base :geek:
The only thing it lacks is a clear direction, but he's just a young guy in college, he's there to learn, fuck, and get into trouble; not much other direction is required I guess. :sneaky:

Of course there are plenty of other good games, but they just exist to fill in the gap between BaDIK episodes. :LOL:
All good points. And like I said I enjoy BADIK a lot, I love Jill & Sage and a couple other LIs, I agree with every point you made. But for me (And I know I'm in the minority on this site) I value the story in AVNs above all else, With AVNs you can do so much more, go so much farther than a normal game, tackle more Real issues. And for me that's one thing BADIK lacks for me, don't get me wrong, it's serviceable and it does have a lot of potential, and it is a whole bunch of fun to theorize what will happen next. but right now it's just serviceable imo.

And I'm not trying to discourage you or anyone from liking it, It's a ton of fun and a good gateway to the world of western AVNs, I'm just sharing my two cents about where it could improve. (y)

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
and here I repeat myself, I know that I do it often ..., if Tybalt had accused Mc of what Mc really did (starting the fire system and ruining the fundraising of the Preps) in a serious way, then yes that Tybalt it would have been a real threat. but Tybalt asked for Jill's trust by lying to her, exaggeratingly foolishly
And that's my main problem with Jill she's too nice and gullible, Hell i think all the girls in being a dik have issues, well except Jade she's the best and its because she has her shit together (mostly).

Some of us just want a women that's the complete package, even if she's married. :ROFLMAO:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
And that's my main problem with Jill she's too nice and gullible, Hell i think all the girls in being a dik have issues, well except Jade she's the best and its because she has her shit together (mostly). :ROFLMAO:

to me those dialogues are not well written, or at least they seem poorly written with my level of English "Dawe's classmate"

but that Jill in the face of those accusations wants to take time to understand what really happened is credible and is consistent with her character.
her way of behaving and dealing with the situation remains too childish and naive for me compared to the image I had made of Jill

I mean, I accept what Jill does, it doesn't convince me how she does it

Reactions: ename144

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
to me those dialogues are not well written, or at least they seem poorly written with my level of English "Dawe's classmate"

but that Jill in the face of those accusations wants to take time to understand what really happened is credible and is consistent with her character.
her way of behaving and dealing with the situation remains too childish and naive for me compared to the image I had made of Jill

Eh, Jill always seemed like the typical goodie two-shoes "i'm saving myself for marriage" type of girl which is why i was never interested in her and i don't have a problem with women saving themself for marriage i just cant stand high maintenance women, especially gullible ones at that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kellermann

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020

DPC ridiculed Tybalt when he showed himself as a threat, the scene where Tybalt wants to convince Jill not to see MC again, is not dramatic, it is ridiculous

and here I repeat myself, I know that I do it often ..., if Tybalt had accused Mc of what Mc really did (starting the fire system and ruining the fundraising of the Preps) in a serious way, then yes that Tybalt it would have been a real threat., or have the fire suppression system damaged Jill's piano...

and then it remains clear that his is a bluff, it is not credible that he really denounces MC (and if he did he would push Jill even closer to MC, probably pushing her to help him in the lawsuit). neither he nor his threat is fearful.

and he's not even a sentimental threat, it's not credible that Jill will ever get close to him (because he's ridiculous and because he's a liar)

of course what I say refers to the case in which Mc is interested in Jill, if Mc is not interested Tybalt cannot be a threat by definition
Thats why I think it'll be something else he does. Thats what I meant by the latter half of my post. The blackmail is Tybalt puffing his chest. But its the not THE threat. The less seriously he's taken, the more he's dismissed, etc will build up the actual threat.

Until the prep party/blackmail, Tibbs has really just been this background dickhead. I'm seeing the blackmail as the start of Tibbs plotline. Its the inciting event that will lead to something else.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Thats why I think it'll be something else he does. Thats what I meant by the latter half of my post. The blackmail is Tybalt puffing his chest. But its the not THE threat. The less seriously he's taken, the more he's dismissed, etc will build up the actual threat.

Until the prep party/blackmail, Tibbs has really just been this background dickhead. I'm seeing the blackmail as the start of Tibbs plotline. Its the inciting event that will lead to something else.
sorry, in the second part I thought you were referring to reporting MC ...

it could be, but it would still be the next cycle, that of blackmail I don't see how it can be of great importance (if not as a premise for a second act as you assume)

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Eh, Jill always seemed like the typical goodie two-shoes "i'm saving myself for marriage" type of girl which is why i was never interested in her and i don't have a problem with women saving themself for marriage i just cant stand high maintenance women, especially gullible ones at that.
all the characters seem pretty stereotyped to me (including MC) ...

I've ever met more girls like Jill than Sage (infamous fate) so I can't help but consider her more realistic anyway

let's say that before the sixth chapter Jill was second stable, now she is third tied but downhill

Reactions: SomboSteel

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
sorry, in the second part I thought you were referring to reporting MC ...

it could be, but it would still be the next cycle, that of blackmail I don't see how it can be of great importance (if not as a premise for a second act as you assume)
Either for a second act, or as the evolution of Tibb's plot. Like, if DPC wants to go 20eps or so, there's no way Tibb's blackmail is lasting to the end. So either it'll be a dud plotline, which I don't see happening, or its got to evolve and change up. The blackmail being Tibbs' first attempt, it failing, and then him putting his full efforts out of spite and rejection is a way things could go.

I really think the blackmail is a red herring thats meant to fail, and lead to something else. Especially since DPC has Tibbs' being ridiculed when, if its serious, he should be building up Tibbs instead of putting him down.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I don't believe much in the 20 episode estimate

to say 14 to 20 episodes is to say everything without saying anything, there is a huge difference between the two hypotheses and it is strange that there is all this uncertainty once the plot has already been defined.

in the end the gap returned to the same as the first statements (between the two he had made it clear that he was shortening the times by thinking only of 3 seasons), DPC has no real reason to be more precise. the more precise you are, the more fans complain if you deviate from the prediction.

in my opinion it's all safety margin that DPC wanted to take in case he wanted to dwell on some situations (as he admitted for example regarding Hells
Week)

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020

And that's my main problem with Jill she's too nice and gullible, Hell i think all the girls in being a dik have issues, well except Jade she's the best and its because she has her shit together (mostly).

Some of us just want a women that's the complete package, even if she's married. :ROFLMAO:

If Tybalt hadn't lied about the details to Jill, and said:
  • MC broke in to prep party
  • Set off sprinklers to ruin party
  • Almost damaged the piano
  • Caused water damage to a lot of expensive items
  • Preps are considering suing for damages
That would be more convincing (to us). He would be stating an actual case that he'd have grounds to sue for, and do serious damage to the MC's already lousy financial situation. That would have to be taken seriously.

Instead he lied, embellished the shit out of it, all to convince Jill on the spot that she should drop the MC right away. There's no way he'd state the events in a court case the same way he did to Jill. There'd be no proof of a fire, there were witnesses (Riona for a start - when he slammed her into a wall in his panic) that saw Tybalt run out of the house like a screaming toddler.

I'm sure there will be a single means to resolving this (or not resolving it at all if mc isn't on the path to penetrate Jill), but it'd be cool if there were multiple ways. I'd like to see the MC confide in Jade (only if he'd been dishing dick to her) and have her come down hard on Tybalt for being a little shit. But given the romance with Jade is optional, she probably won't be involved in the solution.

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
I'm sure there will be a single means to resolving this (or not resolving it at all if mc isn't on the path to penetrate Jill), but it'd be cool if there were multiple ways. I'd like to see the MC confide in Jade (only if he'd been dishing dick to her) and have her come down hard on Tybalt for being a little shit. But given the romance with Jade is optional, she probably won't be involved in the solution.
Even tho Jade loves her kids (she said thats the reason she has stayed with Burke for so long) i have a feeling she thinks Tybalt is a lost cause.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: shazba

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
If Tybalt hadn't lied about the details to Jill, and said:
  • MC broke in to prep party
  • Set off sprinklers to ruin party
  • Almost damaged the piano
  • Caused water damage to a lot of expensive items
  • Preps are considering suing for damages
That would be more convincing (to us). He would be stating an actual case that he'd have grounds to sue for, and do serious damage to the MC's already lousy financial situation. That would have to be taken seriously.

Instead he lied, embellished the shit out of it, all to convince Jill on the spot that she should drop the MC right away. There's no way he'd state the events in a court case the same way he did to Jill. There'd be no proof of a fire, there were witnesses (Riona for a start - when he slammed her into a wall in his panic) that saw Tybalt run out of the house like a screaming toddler.

Tybalt would not have denounced him anyway, both because it would have been a sue based on summary clues, especially because Tybalt has no reason

because Tybalt doesn't care about MC, he cares about Jill. so at that point either Jill would have believed him and at that point MC would have to rebuild Jill's trust, or she would still have "forgiven" MC but from a weaker position, which would have forced Jill to be much more careful not to annoy Tybalt .

instead it is just a mishap that excites very little

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Even tho Jade loves her kids (she said thats the reason she has stayed with Burke for so long) i have a feeling she thinks Tybalt is a lost cause.
mc: "How do you do it?"
Jade: "I think about what's important. My career and kids."
Jade: "The love for my husband is low priority compared to that."
Jade: "And these days, it's as low as it can get."

I'd forgotten about that conversation. The fact that she says "kids" adds fuel to the whole, "Sage and Tybalt are siblings" theory.

Is there anywhere that gives the disctinct impression that she's not too impressed with Tybalt?

The only conversation between the two that I recall is:

Jade: "I know, I know. But I'm here now, am I not?"
Tybalt: "Is that what you chose to wear?"
Tybalt: "I was hoping for something a little bit more...expensive."
Jade: "Don't give me lip."
Tybalt: "Pardon me, I'm on edge."
Tybalt: "All eyes are on me tonight. I can't afford to look like a fool."
Jade: "Mhm. Is Stephen here?"
Tybalt: "Yes, father is around here somewhere."
Burke: "Honey?"
Tybalt: "There he is!"
Jade: "Fetch mommy a martini, would you?"
Tybalt: "Oh! I just got a jar of olives fresh from the pantry."
Tybalt: "One martini is coming right up."

Doesn't sound too bad.

The flipside could be she's got it bad for Tybbles, hence the mother/son roleplay when mc first fucks Jade!

Last edited:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
mc: "How do you do it?"
Jade: "I think about what's important. My career and kids."
Jade: "The love for my husband is low priority compared to that."
Jade: "And these days, it's as low as it can get."

I'd forgotten about that conversation. The fact that she says "kids" adds fuel to the whole, "Sage and Tybalt are siblings" theory.

Is there anywhere that gives the disctinct impression that she's not too impressed with Tybalt?

The only conversation between the two that I recall is:

Jade: "I know, I know. But I'm here now, am I not?"
Tybalt: "Is that what you chose to wear?"
Tybalt: "I was hoping for something a little bit more...expensive."
Jade: "Don't give me lip."
Tybalt: "Pardon me, I'm on edge."
Tybalt: "All eyes are on me tonight. I can't afford to look like a fool."
Jade: "Mhm. Is Stephen here?"
Tybalt: "Yes, father is around here somewhere."
Burke: "Honey?"
Tybalt: "There he is!"
Jade: "Fetch mommy a martini, would you?"
Tybalt: "Oh! I just got a jar of olives fresh from the pantry."
Tybalt: "One martini is coming right up."

Doesn't sound too bad.

The flipside could be she's got it bad for Tybbles, hence the mother/son roleplay when mc first fucks Jade!
the danger of Jade being Sage's mother is there. but the same sweetness and patience she shows with Tybalt (but also the open-hearted confession with MC) doesn't go well with Sage's words about her mother. we'll see

on the discourse of roleplay ... it's all the son of the insane relationship between patreon and incest

out of 100 games for adults:
50 involve incest, with a patch or even by modifying personal relationships directly on the game
30 have situations and relationships that are identical to incestuous ones
the remaining 20 make jokes about incest

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: ename144 and shazba

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
the danger of Jade being Sage's mother is there. but the same sweetness and patience she shows with Tybalt (but also the open-hearted confession with MC) doesn't go well with Sage's words about her mother. we'll see

on the discourse of roleplay ... it's all the son of the insane relationship between patreon and incest

out of 100 games for adults:
50 involve incest, with a patch or even by modifying personal relationships directly on the game
30 have situations and relationships that are identical to incestuous ones
the remaining 20 make jokes about incest
I don't think Sage is Tybalt's sibling , it's possible, but highly unlikely. The things we know so far about Sage's parents are that her dad was or was supposed to be at the party (hence the red herring of that redheaded guy looking for his daughter) and that she's avoiding him, but also her parents are influental enough to be able to help with Chad's situation.

The reason I don't buy is that Sage is Stephen and Jade's daughter is that Stephen has to be insane to be involved in a prostitution ring involving the sorority that his daughter is the president of.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ename144 and shazba
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes