jovoshin

Sep 30, 2017
Hi, looking at ratings this game is by far the best around here.
But ratings aside, what is for you that is so special in this game that makes it so good?
What makes it better then for example DmD, Last Hope, or BB?
I'm deciding should i start it or not so if someone can tell me what is that special about it.
Thanks in front.

D

Deleted member 3366607

Follow the route of Megan or Melissa is the best
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Sus.

Hi, looking at ratings this game is by far the best around here.
But ratings aside, what is for you that is so special in this game that makes it so good?
What makes it better then for example DmD, Last Hope, or BB?
I'm deciding should i start it or not so if someone can tell me what is that special about it.
Thanks in front.
I'd say it has the most immersive storyline of (the few) adult VNs I've played.
It really lives up to the 'novel' part of visual novel.

And also, Sage is hot.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
My point there was when the MC is given the option to “go see Bella” after asking Jill out. Personally, I would “go see Bella” every time - to thank her for her vote of confidence in me. The problem is that, while that scene starts as expected, it transforms into the make out session without any option for the MC to stop it.

A simple “it’s moving to fast for me” option would’ve been very welcome here. That way players who want to genuinely thank Bella can do so without fear of it evolving into something else.

The entire scene is skippable, yes. I still feel like an asshole for not even properly thanking Bella though, and that really should have been an option - especially for a CHICK MC.

Remember in this situation we are thanking her for trusting us to ask Jill out...

As for the staying with her, I feel that route isn’t too “romantic” to be prohibitive, but since the library scene is a requirement for that option DPC had different ideas there.

The drunk scene I can forgive - we were drunk...
ok, I didn't understand.

you are definitely right

it is the forced drama that the plot needs.

you go to Bella to thank her for supporting you with Jill and rightfully jump on her until you bring her to tears. a perfect gentleman.

Bella's path is like this, you don't choose anything (except avoid her) and then as a player you see the damage you are doing to her spirit.

the worst storyline in the game (Josy's is slightly better as it does not exist, so -100 >>>> 0)

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
I hate when this damn page does not inform me of new messages in this thread, I miss a lot of things

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
ok, I didn't understand.

you are definitely right

you go to Bella to thank her for supporting you with Jill and rightfully jump on her until you bring her to tears. a perfect gentleman.

Bella's path is like this, you don't choose anything (except avoid her) and then as a player you see the damage you are doing to her spirit.

the worst storyline in the game (Josy's is slightly better as it does not exist, so -100 >>>> 0)
Having no choice in that scene really sucks, but I think the intentions behind it were to add a scare for players who were on Bella's route. Something along the lines of "something tragic will happen if you keep going on". I don't think that anything will come out of that line that was narrated by the future MC in the library, because it's been mentioned once in the game and we haven't seen anything related to it ever again.

But Bella's forced scenes aren't even as close to being annoying as Maya's scenes - like you could reject Maya all you want and yet you are still forced through 90% of Maya's scenes in season 1.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Having no choice in that scene really sucks, but I think the intentions behind it were to add a scare for players who were on Bella's route. Something along the lines of "something tragic will happen if you keep going on". I don't think that anything will come out of that line that was narrated by the future MC in the library, because it's been mentioned once in the game and we haven't seen anything related to it ever again.

But Bella's forced scenes aren't even as close to being annoying as Maya's scenes - like you could reject Maya all you want and yet you are still forced through 90% of Maya's scenes in season 1.
but it's a scene that doesn't interest all players

let's say that for those interested in Bella too it's ok (I'm not convinced, but let's say it's okay), for others it's a senseless shock. a useless and annoying scene, which will rightly be avoided in subsequent games.
simply by choosing to visit her they find themselves involved and "guilty" of her trauma.
and there is not even the excuse of being a Mc-whore, the proposed choice is completely innocent and is also justified by history

instead I believe that "the prophecy" will surely return for the players still involved with Bella, and perhaps also for those not involved

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
but it's a scene that doesn't interest all players

let's say that for those interested in Bella too it's ok (I'm not convinced, but let's say it's okay), for others it's a senseless shock. a useless and annoying scene, which will rightly be avoided in subsequent games.
simply by choosing to visit her they find themselves involved and "guilty" of her trauma.
and there is not even the excuse of being a Mc-whore, the proposed choice is completely innocent and is also justified by history

instead I believe that "the prophecy" will surely return for the players still involved with Bella, and perhaps also for those not involved
The prophecy might return, but I don't think it will end in a house fire or other characters being murdered. DPC has stated that he wanted this game to be lighter and a different genre from AL. If he goes for the same shock value ending once again, I think he will lose big time and be labeled as a one trick pony. Instead I think it will be intertwined with what happened between Bella and Jill, what happened to/where's James and what's behind the locked door.

We are getting off the original topic and I agree that it would have been good if we had a simple "thank you" choice for Bella without getting the scene at all. Remember in the Q&A when DPC said that he thinks that he did some scenes way too early? I think this was one of them and a mistake that he sees IMO, hence why in later episodes it was repaired by scenes being affected by your previous choices.

Reactions: RogueShadowDev

Dr. Psychedelic

Game Developer
Feb 9, 2020
Maaaaan that's gonna suck big time.
I guess that's how he keeps his quality of work though.

...I guess I'll go try out Acting Lessons in the meantime.

Any other recommendations?
be sure to have a paper bag for hyperventillation if you're trying Acting Lessons
Man I'm telling you it's heavy on the heart
I just finished it last night and I had a lil trouble sleeping

Nov 27, 2020
ok, I didn't understand.

you are definitely right

That just seemed like an odd miss to me. You go into it expecting a simple exchange and before you know it you’re intertwined on the floor with a sobbing woman... Not the best place to be if you don’t want to be there! :eek:

I’m not even a huge Sage fan, but I have to say her storyline seems to be the most well constructed out of the group right now. We have quite a bit of control over our romantic involvement on that line, and it’s really not ‘forced’ onto us like pretty much every other LI...

I think this is why Sage is spared in this forum.

...well, that and some support from Kellermann .;)

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
That just seemed like an odd miss to me. You go into it expecting a simple exchange and before you know it you’re intertwined on the floor with a sobbing woman... Not the best place to be if you don’t want to be there! :eek:

I’m not even a huge Sage fan, but I have to say her storyline seems to be the most well constructed out of the group right now. We have quite a bit of control over our romantic involvement on that line, and it’s really not ‘forced’ onto us like pretty much every other LI...

I think this is why Sage is spared in this forum.

...well, that and some support from Kellermann .;)

that of Sage (together with that of M + J) is the only one that has a sense, a progression

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Hey guys. DPC actually gave us an important tip on how to play this game. No matter if as DIK, Chick or on which girl path.

Whenever I wasn't sure of what to do in life, my dad told me that making choices while following your heart, will take you exactly where you're supposed to be.
And that it is why some choices are harder to make than others especially when your heart tells you to go against the grain.
The biggest choices in life may be of great risk and promise a great reward.
The scariest part about making these big choices is that you have no clue if there's a turning back, if the outcome wasn't what you desired. But even how scary it may feel...just remember that first part...
Following your heart...will take you exactly where you're supposed to be.

Last edited:

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
Hey guys. DPC actually gave us an important tip on how to play this game. No matter if as DIK, Chick or on which girl path.

Whenever I wasn't sure of what to do in life, my dad told me that making choices while following your heart, will take you exactly where you're supposed to be.
And that it is why some choices are harder to make than others especially when your heart tells you to go against the grain.
The biggest choices in life may be of great risk and promise a great reward.
The scariest part about making these big choices is that you have no clue if there's a turning back, if the outcome wasn't what you desired. But even how scary it may feel...just remember that first part...
Following your heart...will take you exactly where you're supposed to be.

Translated with DeepL
I am sure many will disagree, but to me those words from the MC are definitely a beautiful way to introduce a story.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes