Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
-

This week I focused on working meticulously on lewd scenes.

I posed static renders, checked and wrote the dialogue, and added animations if I felt that I wanted more of a scene.

I chose to do this now, so I could pose any additional animations early so I don't end up with them at the end of the development. The updated animation count is 240, of which 236 are fully rendered, and I have two lewd scenes to do this process for.

Many static renders were posed overall. There's a big lewd scene in particular that I spent 2.5 days working on. This branching lewd scene is my biggest one yet. It has 69 animations and more than 200 static renders.

I spent some time scouting for sound effects and music as well. I purchased and implemented a few new songs, but I'm not done with this yet.

Next week I will most likely complete the 2 remaining lewd scenes and then continue to work on the story.

I have produced 2891 static renders. If I look at the script and estimate the remaining number of renders to pose, the ballpark number is somewhere between 1000-2500 static renders. I know that is a big range, and those are huge numbers, but that's the best I can estimate right now, as everything is planned but not written yet.

Poll news
In the 2D art poll for Maya, the winning option was Schoolgirl with a front focus. I will order this 2D wallpaper and add it to episode 7.

10,000 Patrons wallpaper series
For the thirteenth wallpaper, I give you Jade. Download the full resolution versions in the attachments below.

View attachment 1054627
View attachment 1054628

Six wallpapers remain in the series, meaning that I will post the final wallpapers in March.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
Very nice render. Shoulder texture looks a bit odd compared to the rest of her skin, but she still looks good.

SenkuIshigami

Jun 12, 2019

This week I focused on working meticulously on lewd scenes.

I posed static renders, checked and wrote the dialogue, and added animations if I felt that I wanted more of a scene.

I chose to do this now, so I could pose any additional animations early so I don't end up with them at the end of the development. The updated animation count is 240, of which 236 are fully rendered, and I have two lewd scenes to do this process for.

Many static renders were posed overall. There's a big lewd scene in particular that I spent 2.5 days working on. This branching lewd scene is my biggest one yet. It has 69 animations and more than 200 static renders.

I spent some time scouting for sound effects and music as well. I purchased and implemented a few new songs, but I'm not done with this yet.

Next week I will most likely complete the 2 remaining lewd scenes and then continue to work on the story.

I have produced 2891 static renders. If I look at the script and estimate the remaining number of renders to pose, the ballpark number is somewhere between 1000-2500 static renders. I know that is a big range, and those are huge numbers, but that's the best I can estimate right now, as everything is planned but not written yet.

Poll news
In the 2D art poll for Maya, the winning option was Schoolgirl with a front focus. I will order this 2D wallpaper and add it to episode 7.

10,000 Patrons wallpaper series
For the thirteenth wallpaper, I give you Jade. Download the full resolution versions in the attachments below.

View attachment 1054627
View attachment 1054628

Six wallpapers remain in the series, meaning that I will post the final wallpapers in March.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
slam.gif

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
I don't think we are ever going to go back to 3-month developments for episodes. As the equipment improves and income grows, so does each episode's ambition. I believe DPC wants to constantly add new things, whether they are more phone apps, more mini-games, more redesigns, more non-lewd animations, or just longer animations in general. All of that is not necessarily a bad thing, but I do think the short turnarounds are gone forever.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I don't think we are ever going to go back to 3-month developments for episodes. As the equipment improves and income grows, so does each episode's ambition. I believe DPC wants to constantly add new things, whether they are more phone apps, more mini-games, more redesigns, more non-lewd animations, or just longer animations in general. All of that is not necessarily a bad thing, but I do think the short turnarounds are gone forever.
there is a physiological reason for the growth of the episodes, in the first season most of the scenes were for all players, the more we go on the more we lose content, so to make the average play time long enough, the overall length of the episode has to increase. and for this we can only be grateful to DPC.

instead for minigames and mobile updates... less, much less grateful

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
there is a physiological reason for the growth of the episodes, in the first season most of the scenes were for all players, the more we go on the more we lose content, so to make the average play time long enough, the overall length of the episode has to increase. and for this we can only be grateful to DPC.

instead for minigames and mobile updates... less, much less grateful
Oh the GBs when this is all said and done. The poor laptop. Yeah, mobile phone apps, *sigh* DPC doesn't have to be Apple and give us constant phone upgrades. I liked the basics we had at the beginning. Everything we needed without all the bloat.

Anyway, I guess I can get used to 4 months between episodes (what choice do I have?), but I will be sad if it's always 5-6 months.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Oh the GBs when this is all said and done. The poor laptop. Yeah, mobile phone apps, *sigh* DPC doesn't have to be Apple and give us constant phone upgrades. I liked the basics we had at the beginning. Everything we needed without all the bloat.

Anyway, I guess I can get used to 4 months between episodes (what choice do I have?), but I will be sad if it's always 5-6 months.
Now I'm going to say something very hypocritical, but I take responsibility for it.

for how it works Patreon, DPC has no motivation to shorten production time, absolutely none

if tomorrow he could release the seventh chapter, but a sudden attack of diarrhea made him postpone the publication of 24 hours, he would have gained $$$$$$$$ more. without doing anything.

it's a hypocritical consideration because having never donated a $ to any developer i have no right to complain, but the situation is this

to lengthen too much the time could make him lose some impatient patreon, but to shorten them he has really nothing to gain.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Now I'm going to say something very hypocritical, but I take responsibility for it.

for how it works Patreon, DPC has no motivation to shorten production time, absolutely none

if tomorrow he could release the seventh chapter, but a sudden attack of diarrhea made him postpone the publication of 24 hours, he would have gained $$$$$$$$ more. without doing anything.

it's a hypocritical consideration because having never donated a $ to any developer i have no right to complain, but the situation is this

to lengthen too much the time could make him lose some impatient patreon, but to shorten them he has really nothing to gain.
I doubt he is going to lose many patreons at this point. He loses more by kicking people out than by people getting frustrated and leaving. We are all hooked and in it for the long haul. But yes, the longer it goes the more money to be made. I think secretly that is one reason he was so quick to state he wasn't focusing on shorter dev times after he got his upgrades. Partly because he wants to expand and genuinely make each episode better, but partly because it helps the bottom line.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I doubt he is going to lose many patreons at this point. He loses more by kicking people out than by people getting frustrated and leaving. We are all hooked and in it for the long haul. But yes, the longer it goes the more money to be made. I think secretly that is one reason he was so quick to state he wasn't focusing on shorter dev times after he got his upgrades. Partly because he wants to expand and genuinely make each episode better, but partly because it helps the bottom line.
supporters have a very strong inertia, there are dead games that are not abandoned by them anyway....

but in my opinion a significant delay (2-3 months more) would lead to losses among patreons (maybe minor ones) even for DPC.

probably the fact of giving constant updates would limit the damages

Reactions: GamerMcGameFace

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
supporters have a very strong inertia, there are dead games that are not abandoned by them anyway....

but in my opinion a significant delay (2-3 months more) would lead to losses among patreons (maybe minor ones) even for DPC.

probably the fact of giving constant updates would limit the damages
2-3 months more, you mean like a 6+ month dev time? Wow, well then yes I believe you might start to get some rage-quitters. I don't think I could handle a gap in the action of that long. There is a limit to every man's patience. Even Jill wouldn't hold out on us for that long.

tt2020

Mar 15, 2020

I was a patron of DPC, and only DPC, as I really think he's masterful in every aspect of this genre. But a wait THIS long was a bit too much for me (I do appreciate the content and the quality of it, don't get me wrong, but I can wait a bit longer to get it without paying every month for a weekly progress update for months)

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
Think about what all of this is going to do to the size of the episode's too.

Reactions: GamerMcGameFace
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes