akikospam74

Dec 19, 2019
I don't patron games though because even though I understand that you're supporting the developer the idea of paying so much for a game doesn't commute.
I'm glad DPC's games are on steam, because patreon is really out of the picture for me, specially considering the exchange rate of my local currency

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
that will be a big problem for many players....
I'd love to start seeing the updates have a torrent created for them just like the base install due to the size. Would help with download speed and reliability. I have a monster internet connection so a big download of even 100GB wouldn't be a problem for me but for folks with limited speed in smaller countries, etc., some of the download hosters that sometimes stall in the middle forcing a restart would kill it for folks with slower connections. Torrents don't have that issue.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
I have no problem supporting talented game developers on Patreon.

I just hope that DPC doesn't burn out so quickly. As I read, he works up to 18 hours a day and in my opinion that's not good for your health in the long run.

I also read that he doesn't want to have any employees. But maybe he should reconsider this attitude.

His EP's are getting bigger from time to time and at some point it might be too much for him. With a small team of selected employees (2-3) he could reduce the update time at the same quality and probably increase his patrons on Patreon.

But this is my opinion and DPC should and will do it as he sees fit.

Room639

Feb 24, 2019
We're looking at 6 months in between updates. If this goes for 20 episodes then it won't finish until to 2027-28. Even if it goes for 16 episodes, it won't be completed until 2025-6.

I think it's fair to say that the extended release times are an issue. I also don't think it's unfair to question whether or not updates are delayed as a way to make more money. It's your decision, but donating 60-120 bucks per update is absurd.

Gh0st_Harambe

Mar 9, 2020

This week I focused on working meticulously on lewd scenes.

I posed static renders, checked and wrote the dialogue, and added animations if I felt that I wanted more of a scene.

I chose to do this now, so I could pose any additional animations early so I don't end up with them at the end of the development. The updated animation count is 240, of which 236 are fully rendered, and I have two lewd scenes to do this process for.

Many static renders were posed overall. There's a big lewd scene in particular that I spent 2.5 days working on. This branching lewd scene is my biggest one yet. It has 69 animations and more than 200 static renders.

I spent some time scouting for sound effects and music as well. I purchased and implemented a few new songs, but I'm not done with this yet.

Next week I will most likely complete the 2 remaining lewd scenes and then continue to work on the story.

I have produced 2891 static renders. If I look at the script and estimate the remaining number of renders to pose, the ballpark number is somewhere between 1000-2500 static renders. I know that is a big range, and those are huge numbers, but that's the best I can estimate right now, as everything is planned but not written yet.

Poll news
In the 2D art poll for Maya, the winning option was Schoolgirl with a front focus. I will order this 2D wallpaper and add it to episode 7.

10,000 Patrons wallpaper series
For the thirteenth wallpaper, I give you Jade. Download the full resolution versions in the attachments below.

View attachment 1054627
View attachment 1054628

Six wallpapers remain in the series, meaning that I will post the final wallpapers in March.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
March April release, its gonna be the biggest episode so far. Im wondering who will have this biggest animation.
Im hoping Sage

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
I really hope DPC doesn't keep the paintings closed down to following certain paths :cautious: I mean I dont feel like he closed certain ones for good and I kind of want them all.
ya wasn't a fan of that. i really want to get josy's but i was locked out because i'm not in the throuple or whatever the requirements were. same with a few other girls where minor stuff locked me out.

We're looking at 6 months in between updates. If this goes for 20 episodes then it won't finish until to 2027-28. Even if it goes for 16 episodes, it won't be completed until 2025-6.

I think it's fair to say that the extended release times are an issue. I also don't think it's unfair to question whether or not updates are delayed as a way to make more money. It's your decision, but donating 60-120 bucks per update is absurd.
Ya, I was a Patreon for about 5-6 months at $15 and I ultimately have paid more for this game than I paid for AAA games with full DLC packages like Witcher 3, lol. For people who stay Patreons throughout most of the development, they are literally looking at hundreds if not thousands of dollars for one game, lol. That is crazy. I agree with dalli_x that it would be nice if DPC could find a way to hire a person or two to help out - updates honestly shouldn't go beyond 3 months on the lengthy end, IMO.

St1ffme1ster

Feb 18, 2021
ya wasn't a fan of that. i really want to get josy's but i was locked out because i'm not in the throuple or whatever the requirements were. same with a few other girls where minor stuff locked me out.

Ya, I was a Patreon for about 5-6 months at $15 and I ultimately have paid more for this game than I paid for AAA games with full DLC packages like Witcher 3, lol. For people who stay Patreons throughout most of the development, they are literally looking at hundreds if not thousands of dollars for one game, lol. That is crazy. I agree with dalli_x that it would be nice if DPC could find a way to hire a person or two to help out - updates honestly shouldn't go beyond 3 months on the lengthy end, IMO.
He is greedy, it will end up burning himself, if it continues at this rate with each episode having more content, we will have one episode per year.

• Sad
Reactions: Kellermann

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017

DPC has created a beautiful game for all of us with "Being a DIK".

The hardware that DPC uses will have cost a lot of money.
I assume that he will not only have a PC.
He will have bought the software as well and it might be even more expensive than the hardware.
He will have bought all the 3D models from Daz3d, Renderosity and Renderotica to own the licenses.
He will take courses to improve his work and the courses will not be free.

There might be some things I haven't written down here. But the above alone should show everyone that DPC has enormous expenses.
Oh yes, he also has to pay for his fixed costs and food.

Reactions: mpa71 and Spin$hady

Room639

Feb 24, 2019
DPC has created a beautiful game for all of us with "Being a DIK".

The hardware that DPC uses will have cost a lot of money.
I assume that he will not only have a PC.
He will have bought the software as well and it might be even more expensive than the hardware.
He will have bought all the 3D models from Daz3d, Renderosity and Renderotica to own the licenses.
He will take courses to improve his work and the courses will not be free.

There might be some things I haven't written down here. But the above alone should show everyone that DPC has enormous expenses.
Oh yes, he also has to pay for his fixed costs and food.
All of the hardware should speed up release dates, not slow them down.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I don't think it's the skin texture.
DPC uses a lot of real main textures. (Maya for example)
With Josy, I assume it's an artificially created skin texture.

With the wallpaper of Jade, I think that the illumination was not optimal. DPC itself once said that it is one of the hardest parts of creating renderable poses and scenes. And I agree with DPC on that.
I don't understand the talk about illumination

let's not talk about real photos, where sometimes the lighting can play tricks on you and at that point you have to redo or retouch it

but of artificial lighting that should enhance the image, if it does not, there is something wrong, then they are promotional images, not the 1264th render of the game that one may not notice the defect

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
All of the hardware should speed up release dates, not slow them down.
But the content of the EP's has steadily increased. The quality got better from EP to EP. DPC himself has written that he has participated in courses. All this costs time, which he also invests for our gaming pleasure.

The big game developers have many employees and take years to develop a AAA game. They put millions of money into development.

Okay as a player you then pay between 50€-100€. But what do you get most of the time. A game that is totally buggy and the big guys in the industry don't get around to fixing those bugs for years.

And considering this fact, DPC is doing a great job.

Digga D

Jun 5, 2019
If you've actually played the games listed in your signature, you're screwing everything that moves.
Well some of them are outliers because they are linear. Or a sandbox without a main plot nor consequences. The whole point of those games is to fuck everyone

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes