OFT

Jan 6, 2020
It's more to my personal issue because i don't think by playing Brawler, it will give some fighting impact to MC in story line - so that's why i asked in the first place at my other comment - does Brawler really offers some impact or not for MC in term of fighting skills in story line ?? I'm asking this question because i would like to know what you guys really think about that. Maybe you guys have some interesting points about Brawler.

Unfortunately, i don't think it offers someting related to fighting skills in story line because i played with three various ways (with max skills on Brawler, with weak skills on Brawler and without mini-games) - the outcomes is still same - Caleb still standing.

When i play BADIK at first, i thought it could be like this :

1. With max skills on Brawler (in story line Caleb would split some blood on the floor at least).
2. With weak skills on Brawler (in story line nothing happens to Caleb, no blood etc).
3. Without playing mini game (in story line nothing happens to Caleb, no blood etc).

Well for me, its clearly shown that by playing Brawler, it has no impact at all for MC's fighting skills in story line, at least for now (who know maybe in upcoming episodes it does have some impact at least).

I know that playing Brawler and both earning and buying Skill Points have helped me kick ass in real life, especially in turn-based fights where the asshole I'm facing lets me go first.

Darkdevil66

Apr 16, 2020

This week I worked mainly on static renders and a few animations.

Something I worked extra hard on this week was environment design, and I will have to continue to work on this and the last free-roam event next week. It will be a fairly big free-roam event, but work should be progressing at a steady pace.

I have written plenty of the script too, and I only have a handful more scenes to write.

On top of the free-roam event, static renders and writing; I have some work left with phone content, mini-games and music/sound.

I cannot estimate how long this will take, but I can feel that the episode must be at least 80% complete in terms of content (static renders/animations/GUI elements).

The final percentages always take the longest to complete, as polishing and wrapping things up are needed, but we are in the end-game of development of this beast of an episode.

Something new that I can reveal for you today is the episode title, and it will be:

Episode 7 - True Colors

10,000 Patrons wallpaper series
For the fifteenth wallpaper, I give you Nora. Download the full resolution versions in the attachments below.

View attachment 1068664

4 wallpapers remain in the series.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
Unexpected but not unwelcome. :unsure:

SenkuIshigami don't do anything stupid ! :LOL:

SenkuIshigami

Jun 12, 2019

Something I worked extra hard on this week was environment design, and I will have to continue to work on this and the last free-roam event next week. It will be a fairly big free-roam event, but work should be progressing at a steady pace.

I have written plenty of the script too, and I only have a handful more scenes to write.

On top of the free-roam event, static renders and writing; I have some work left with phone content, mini-games and music/sound.

I cannot estimate how long this will take, but I can feel that the episode must be at least 80% complete in terms of content (static renders/animations/GUI elements).

The final percentages always take the longest to complete, as polishing and wrapping things up are needed, but we are in the end-game of development of this beast of an episode.

Something new that I can reveal for you today is the episode title, and it will be:

Episode 7 - True Colors

For the fifteenth wallpaper, I give you Nora. Download the full resolution versions in the attachments below.

View attachment 1068664

View attachment 1068669

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
Why are we still here, just to suffer?

Just facepalm me into oblivion.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
We haven't gotten an explanation yet to the reason why Bella cried in the library when MC and her made out? I mean that makes it kinda weird because why wouldn't MC ask whats wrong right after, or it's something that will be revealed later in a flashback or something. Did MC just witness her cry and left? :D
Still no explanation on what that was all about and even stranger is that it's almost immediately swept under the rug and forgotten about in Ep 4 as though it never happened if the MC goes to stay with Bella. And yes, it would seem as though he just ran off and left Bella when she started crying.
Good point. I got kinda side tracked by the ominous monologue and didn't even consider how that scene would have run to completion if the camera had stuck around.

I'm gonna assume Bella ran off dishevelled and the MC thought,

"Fuck, not even a blow job? Why do I bother? Oh yeah, the crazy ones are great in the sack!"

Yep, that's how it went down...

...He kept bruises for the whole episode, so that's not like he took no damage.
Depending on the outcome of the fight, Chad was either bruised or OK, which meant every scene with in him had to be rendered twice.

Just like every scene where the MC could be wearing the helmet has to be rendered twice, so too with all the scenes in the DIK mansion if there's a possibility that they've been cleaned up in the mansion mini game.

So each of these branches that change physical appearances of things are taking their toll on development. I appreciate that though, so... just saying...

I don't mean to offend anyone, but one thing I noticed when I recently replayed the game for the paths I didnt have....

MC has an awful haircut. Like that thing is bad. My guy is in thorough need of a lineup and to shave whatever that is on top of his head. He'd look a lot better with a default brush cut.

Is DPC American? I dont think ive ever seen MC's haircut in America.
I kinda liked that hairstyle, maybe because I'm European but it looks pretty decent in my opinion. Brush cut seems kinda basic, like almost everyone has it. I think its the go-to hairstyle in general.
I like the MC, he's kinda goofy but not imbecilic. He's got a decent physique but nothing compared to Chad and Caleb, he looks "ok" in the facial department, my favourite expressions of his are when he's mimicking Bella when he's drunk in the car:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I don't know why, but it cracks me up every time. :LOL:

I wish this was split into mulitple posts so I could like it more than once.
Then you'd run out of reactions for other posts. I have to ration my reactions, nothing worse than using them all up on good posts only to hit a classic post and be all out. :eek: That's gotta rank up there even with some third world problems...

I really REALLY hope I can live long enough to see this game to the end. Thankfully, I work out, have a wonderful Japanese diet, go walking 4-5 times a week for hours. another 3 seasons means what? At least another 3-4 years. Yeah, I'll be fucking 50 when this game is over.

Shit! :oops::(
Don't worry Mark you'll make it :)
I think it's more of the mental state I am concerned about; between my moods, meds, and keeping my bipolar stuff in check. But thinking about waiting is daunting. I mean, a commitment to a "video game girl" and a game in general, until a new decade, seems almost impossible. I'll be replaying Acting Lessons (just finished going through it again, still needing tissues) a billion times by then.

DPC is a wonderful dev and creator for sure. It's worth the wait, just have to be very dedicated, and very patient. Much like the game and the MC, Jill is certainly worth the wait. I really must be out of my fucking mind! :LOL: :ROFLMAO:
頑張ってください Mark Takagi!

Also on a sidenote, I'm sure other game devs are paying attention to Being a DIK and trying to make games as good as this. Even if we wait for years for Being a DIK to end, I'm sure there will be new games which will be just as good maybe even better than BaDIK.
There's been a general trend to longer release times and I haven't seen anything that would make me think the releases would come quicker.

I find the 14 to 20 episodes answer to be a bit confusing though and I can't quite make up my mind as to whether he's serious or not. First I can't see the current story lines going on for another 8 episodes, let alone 14. Maya/Josey, Jill, and Sage's stories are pretty well advanced, I can't see how he could stretch them out that long. There's also his past announcements, just within the past year he's said three season's/12 episodes, three season's/10 episodes, and now 14 to 20 and God knows how many season's.
I can imagine the quest to consolidate relationships will not be the entire focus of this game. I think the plot will move along like any TV series, just with (hopefully) copious sex in for good measure.

...Kind of funny that we also have University of Problems, which is another clone, really. And both take this singular aspect of BADIK to ramp up. CK takes the fighting. UoP tries to subvert the "sorority of whores" concept.
The only vn that could have the same quality or could be even better than BaDik is Summers Gone
have played UoP and really enjoying it so far. I don't really see it as a BaDIK clone because I think it feels very different
Summer's Gone has like no sex, right?

I quite liked University of Problems. Mainly I liked the characters, they seemed a bit more genuine as I recall it. But it was still a forgettable game.

Not one these other games has got me obsessing like a schoolgirl the way BaDIK has...

Fighting with Caleb is my biggest motivation
So looking forward for some more one-on-one time with Caleb... What.. no.. that's not what I meant... or was it... :sneaky:

Yeah lets just hope he don t get burn out. He is working 12-18 per day, thats insane for any normal human, unless you are Elon Musk
Wait he really works 12-18h per day? He said that?
It's probably how long their PCs take to render, I don't think he's sitting around waiting for them to finish
Half the day, I'll buy that, but 18 hours a day, 7 days a week, for years,no holidays? ...fuck no.
Exact quote: "Work averages to 12-18 hours per day, every day of the week. "

That's not 18 hours a day, 7 days a week. I'm interpreting that as 15 hours a day, 5 days a week.. Fucking part timer...

Looking good Nora, looking good. :love:

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
Cinematics part is where BaDIK lags behind SG

for eg- Insted of picnic CGs he should make some good short movies like SG has
The rain scenes with Quinn and Sage felt like he's cottoned on to that weakness. It was just a basic rain animation over static images, but still... a sign of moving forward in that regard, imo.

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020

Episode 7 - True Colors

View attachment 1068664

View attachment 1068669

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
Maya's mom is beautiful

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020

Episode 7 - True Colors

View attachment 1068664

View attachment 1068669

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake

So that episode title. Who's getting their cover blown? Traitor? Quinn's ring? Tibb's fake tan?

Reactions: GeorgeMorhan
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes