Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
Why haven't they seen or talked to each other in month's? They live in town's a half hour train ride away. Also your'e wrong they do talk on social media regularly in that time.
Well at first it was because maya was still living at home with her christian conservative father and not allowed to see josy. And now, if they get caught, maya is screwed, since her dad co-signed her tuition loans and therefore can cut them off which means she no longer gets to go to university. Because he's that shitty of a father that he would ruin his kids life for being a lesbian.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I understand her reaction in ep6 as opposed to ep3. By ep6, Josy was living with her, her father had openly started surveillance much more (derek and the random visits), and Maya thought she finally succeeded.
so we can say that it is Josy's presence that forces Maya to participate in the scavenger hunt, which Maya does with and without MC's help. correct?

For me, the idea that Maya thought she was pretending to be heterosexual and meanwhile hiding all her romantic relationships throughout college still seems terrible, but given her personality it's believable.

Reactions: DavDR

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
so we can say that it is Josy's presence that forces Maya to participate in the scavenger hunt, which Maya does with and without MC's help. correct?

For me, the idea that Maya thought she was pretending to be heterosexual and meanwhile hiding all her romantic relationships throughout college still seems terrible, but given her personality it's believable.
It's a weirdly common trope in this type of game. Gay people act like it's the 50's and if they don't hide their sexuality everyone is going to be against them. I mean homophobia still exists but it's not nearly as common as it used to be and homosexuality is frequently acceptable, specially in cities, but they all act like they'll completely ostracized by everyone, if anyone finds out. It's pretty ridiculous.

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
Kind of, yeah.

Back in ep3, it looked like Josy wasn't coming. Maya was falling in love with MC, and she tells Derek that this(MC) is much easier than fighting and being ghosted all the time (Josy). So Daddio's threat wasn't much of a threat at the time of her ready to give up the free tuition. She was moving on, and with a BOYFRIEND. She's actually following Daddio's rules.

Important to note, she was still going after the tuition before Josy appeared. So its not like Josy was the determining factor there.

But Josy's appearance PLUS Josy staying in her room PLUS getting back with Josy makes giving up no longer possible for Maya.

Last edited:
Reactions: ename144

alex13_zen

Sep 30, 2019
It's a weirdly common trope in this type of game. Gay people act like it's the 50's and if they don't hide their sexuality everyone is going to be against them. I mean homophobia still exists but it's not nearly as common as it used to be and homosexuality is frequently acceptable, specially in cities, but they all act like they'll completely ostracized by everyone, if anyone finds out. It's pretty ridiculous.
Perhaps it's acceptable in the US, I dunno. Regardless, I remember Maya said her father was very strict so she definitely had to hide it from him. I assume it's easier to do that when you hide it from everyone else too, so in my eyes she's not exaggerating too much.

Pendrell

Apr 10, 2020
They really aren't, there are 5 girls with RP who appear in EOC summaries and everyone else, the fact that Quinn is a major character and has more time 'on screen' than some of the LIs on some routes doesn't alter that fact.

Some people just like Quinn more than any of the other girls, fine, I get that but then go into denial about her role in the game because of it.

It is entirely possible that there will be an ending that sees the MC with Quinn and not one the LIs but, for me at least, that would have to be some form of bad ending. The way I would do that is to implement 3 possible endings for each of the 5 LIs, Love, Happy and Bad. Love is obvious, Happy sees them (Maya and Josy are together, Bella and James reconcile etc) and Bad would be the result of the MC being a negative influence on the LIs lives (Sage, as HOTs president, gets held partially responsible for Quinn's activities and is kicked out of B&R, Jill ends up dating Tybalt)
You agree that Quinn is a major character, that she has more onscreen time than some LIs, even that there could be an ending with her. Exactly what, then, for you, is the substantive difference between her and an official LI? Is generating RP and an end of episode summary really so critical? And if so, to what? I don't think people who like Quinn go into denial about her role in the game at all, I think they're responding to the game as it's unfolding, not categories in a guide written years ago.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
the fact that Mc doesn't talk to anyone about the restaurant remains one of many examples of the lack of communication that holds up the BADIK narrative.
:unsure:. That's you as the PLAYER speaking. there is 3 different POV in this game, but that would be a long post, I skip that.
but to what you say, there is 2 outcome
1, if he is accept quinn offer he guilty of paying for sex and using student for sex , so he could be expelled if all came to light, because he took part of it.
2, IF he rejected, then all he has is his word. A Freshman, who already in a lot of trouble. Already caught sneaking to Girls dorm, stealing panties. and you know "believe all women" , so Quinn has the advantage .

HE does tell Maya that Quinn use the girls to make her money , but how he could prove it?! and Why would He assume that the Free tuition is also connected to this.

WE the player know more than him , we will always knew more than him and will always knew less than DPC. We only knew what we need to know for that situation, for that specific episode. and MC knew even less

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
the fact that Mc doesn't talk to anyone about the restaurant remains one of many examples of the lack of communication that holds up the BADIK narrative.
The best solution is to use the restaurant’s services, that way you don’t have to wonder why he doesn’t tell anyone; because he’d be implicated if he did. Problem solved (plus you get to have lots of sex). :sneaky:

• Haha
Reactions: ChipLecsap

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
You agree that Quinn is a major character, that she has more onscreen time than some LIs, even that there could be an ending with her. Exactly what, then, for you, is the substantive difference between her and an official LI? Is generating RP and an end of episode summary really so critical? And if so, to what? I don't think people who like Quinn go into denial about her role in the game at all, I think they're responding to the game as it's unfolding, not categories in a guide written years ago.
Yes, that is the definition of LI vs side girl in this game. Technically there's nothing special about LI, you could us MG (Main Girl) for Bella, Jill, Josy, Maya and Sage in which case LI would be a valid term for every fuckable girl in the game buuuttt that still wouldn't change the fact that Quinn is handled differently by the game. Quinn's interactions play out simply, basically a yes or no choice whereas, with the LIs, there's the additional factor that different Affinity/Status affects the way certain answers are percieved with RP being given or taken based on it.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
:unsure:. That's you as the PLAYER speaking. there is 3 different POV in this game, but that would be a long post, I skip that.
but to what you say, there is 2 outcome
1, if he is accept quinn offer he guilty of paying for sex and using student for sex , so he could be expelled if all came to light, because he took part of it.
2, IF he rejected, then all he has is his word. A Freshman, who already in to a lot of trouble. Already caught sneaking to Girls dorm, stealing panties. and you know "believe all women" , so Quinn has the advantage .

HE does tell Maya that Quinn use the girls to make her money , but how he could prove it?! and Why would He assume that the Free tuition is also connected to this.

WE the player know more than him , we will always knew more than him and will always knew less than DPC. We only knew what we need to know for that situation, for that specific episode.
it's always difficult to distinguish between what we know as a character and as players, but I don't think it changes much.
I'm not saying that MC should publicly denounce the crime, but that he should warn the people he cares about of the danger they are in. Mc doesn't run any risk, he would have to show them that he was a "paying" customer, which is quite difficult.

I make two separate arguments

with regards to Maya: for MC to leave her in the hands of Quinn, knowing what this could lead to is unacceptable, I wouldn't even leave an "acquaintance" in financial difficulty in the vicinity of a bad girl like Quinn who has a prostitute ring. it's too big a risk. instead MC only warns her that Quinn is evil (nursery alert level). if Maya had ended up on the menu who would have been responsible?

towards Sage: the situation is less serious than with Maya, but hiding something like that from her is a betrayal in the same way. and the more Mc is involved in the matter, the deeper this betrayal is. in this case, however, we still don't know if there won't be consequences (i think so)

The best solution is to use the restaurant’s services, that way you don’t have to wonder why he doesn’t tell anyone; because he’d be implicated if he did. Problem solved (plus you get to have lots of sex). :sneaky:
to a certain extent and only towards Sage.

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
Yes, that is the definition of LI vs side girl in this game. Technically there's nothing special about LI, you could us MG (Main Girl) for Bella, Jill, Josy, Maya and Sage in which case LI would be a valid term for every fuckable girl in the game buuuttt that still wouldn't change the fact that Quinn is handled differently by the game. Quinn's interactions play out simply, basically a yes or no choice whereas, with the LIs, there's the additional factor that different Affinity/Status affects the way certain answers are percieved with RP being given or taken based on it.
Well, like, you're a side girl!

Actually, don't Quinn's interactions have a Affinity/Status thing going on too? I thought someone posted how she's different if you're DIK or CHICK.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
Well at first it was because maya was still living at home with her christian conservative father and not allowed to see josy. And now, if they get caught, maya is screwed, since her dad co-signed her tuition loans and therefore can cut them off which means she no longer gets to go to university. Because he's that shitty of a father that he would ruin his kids life for being a lesbian.
Even if Maya is living at home, her Father can't control her 24/7.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes