TheSeedy1

Jan 2, 2020
Got a question for you folks - working on a few fun playthroughs here but if you choose to go to see Sage when she's sick, is there not enough points for Jill's arc to recover from passing on the surprise B-day date? The game seems to give you quite a bit of wiggle room in some cases but it's seeming like the Sage vs Jill path really does lock you out even if you're not missing points prior.

I noticed if you visit Sage you get to have the fun with Envy/Sandy for example but if you go with Jill, all of that is just skipped. Interesting stuff but was curious re: the Sage/Jill choice.

Pingusecret

Jun 25, 2018
So I recently made separate saves for each LI and one separately for all the side chicks. I pursued the Jade path and didn't know that Principal Burke would see the clip at the end of episode 6. Who do you think would've leaked this tape? Is it because of Rusty's laptop getting hacked in episode 4? I chose to tell Derek that I completed the 'Fuck a teacher' task by showing him the tape and I know he has a loose mouth but I still don't see how the tape could've reached the Principal.
Okham's razor. Why would Derek not be a suspect?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Istatenu

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
Got a question for you folks - working on a few fun playthroughs here but if you choose to go to see Sage when she's sick, is there not enough points for Jill's arc to recover from passing on the surprise B-day date? The game seems to give you quite a bit of wiggle room in some cases but it's seeming like the Sage vs Jill path really does lock you out even if you're not missing points prior.

I noticed if you visit Sage you get to have the fun with Envy/Sandy for example but if you go with Jill, all of that is just skipped. Interesting stuff but was curious re: the Sage/Jill choice.
Jill blocks the scene with Nicole, it's all that matters to me and that's why it's better to choose Sage

D2M3

Jan 20, 2018
I think there's something in this. If someone didn't have the luxury of seeing Quinn's mask slip in the later episodes in an initial play-through and all they had to replay were her actions in, say, the first three, I can easily see why someone might have decided Quinn wasn't for them early on. A lot of the stronger dislike for the character you see on here seems to be directed at the Quinn of episodes 1-3, to my mind. That might be because some players haven't felt any desire to even play through her optional scenes in episodes 6 or 7, because they've already made up their minds about her.

For those of us who have seen the softer side of Quinn as part of an initial/early play-through it's definitely easier to warm up to the character more quickly, I think. Having said that I've also read a good number of posts from people who have changed their minds about her, from initial dislike, to liking her more. Very few (if any) seem to have moved in the opposite direction (liking her, to not liking her), which tells you something about the development arc of the character.
I will say this, I was indifferent to her ( played this on Steam release initially, so Ep4, then came back at Ep6) and viewed her as a standard 2D antagonist.

What made me like Quinn as a well told villain BUT made me hate her as a character are the stuff you can see in EP6 and EP7. Oh cool, you are not some cardboard cutout, you actually have a backstory that explains some stuff about you...

And yet you see no problem in slapping around your best (only?) friend, look for blackmail material to force girls into prostitution, justify the actions you take because the consequences of your earlier actions are coming back to haunt you, and your only tactic is to double down and triple down, even though you already fucked up over and over again?

So DPC did well in constructing her character, in my opinion.

But I'd not run with that "Oh you guys hate her because you had initial bad impressions, she's best girl otherwise" thought train.
Believe me, big reason why I switched over from indifference to outright Quinn hate ( as DPC intended, I'd suspect, through good storytelling) is the shit she pulled in last two episodes.

If the Bojack Horseman of the story comes to you and admits his own wrongdoings, but you just keep going full on with your wannabe Walter White antics without any of the actual skills to back it up, you fucked up girl.

TrainHardnett

Jun 15, 2017
I will say this, I was indifferent to her ( played this on Steam release initially, so Ep4, then came back at Ep6) and viewed her as a standard 2D antagonist.

What made me like Quinn as a well told villain BUT made me hate her as a character are the stuff you can see in EP6 and EP7. Oh cool, you are not some cardboard cutout, you actually have a backstory that explains some stuff about you...

And yet you see no problem in slapping around your best (only?) friend, look for blackmail material to force girls into prostitution, justify the actions you take because the consequences of your earlier actions are coming back to haunt you, and your only tactic is to double down and triple down, even though you already fucked up over and over again?

So DPC did well in constructing her character, in my opinion.

But I'd not run with that "Oh you guys hate her because you had initial bad impressions, she's best girl otherwise" thought train.
Believe me, big reason why I switched over from indifference to outright Quinn hate ( as DPC intended, I'd suspect, through good storytelling) is the shit she pulled in last two episodes.

If the Bojack Horseman of the story comes to you and admits his own wrongdoings, but you just keep going full on with your wannabe Walter White antics without any of the actual skills to back it up, you fucked up girl.
That is a perfect summary of Quinn. Plans something, that something fails horribly, proceeds as if nothing happened anyway, ends up biting her in the ass....

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
Haha - honestly, that's one of the reasons I asked. I honestly like Jill a lot but Sage is super fun and that scene with Nicole/Sandy? WOOF.
The first time I chose Jill because she is my second favorite (Maya and Josy are my first) but then I saw that the scene with Nicole had blocked me, I got angry with her for that, but I had a save where I could still choose Sage , but Nicole unfortunately she is not a Side Girl but if you could have an end with her without hesitation I will eliminate all the Li just for her

TheSeedy1

Jan 2, 2020
Still, I'm willing to miss that scene to see if I can juggle Sage/Jill and atm it feels like if you skip that b-day date with Jill, you lose her arc so seeing if that's correct or maybe I goofed up earlier.

Reactions: openup212
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes