vir_cotto

Engaged Member
Aug 9, 2017
Which makes me think that majority of DPC`s audience want mostly vanilla experience,when it comes to romantic choices and that is what he is providing."Safe" over interesting.
I wish and hope in his future games he will include more daring,bold choices,like Quinn for the passionate minority.
Well, you are right and wrong. Yes - most people want "vanilla" game, That's why you'll see mostly same nicks in all (very few) "vanilla" game's threads.
And you are wrong "Vanilla" is a safe bet - most people will always ask for more. "Vanilla" is despised - especially the kind DPC, Philly or Hopes doing - without incest. That's like sacrilege for some people. I mean, just throw incest in your game and you immediately will get 100 new patrons.

But the good game doesn't depend on fetish - the bad one depends.

laliandra

May 2, 2019
But Camilla does. you got Camilla, Riona, Sage.
i bring proof

Would Maya becoming part of the menu made her story more interesting/exciting?Probably but it would also destroy what her fans want from that character which is a "damsel in distress" - even though the in-game version of Maya is different than the forum one,let me put it this way:
Game version of Maya is a solid 8,maybe even 8,5 but the forum version is barely a 3(yes I am using my subjective scale)

The 2 most popular girls are Maya and Jill+Bella - the first a damsel in distress,the second and third,complete mysteries.
The strong,independent for some - intimidating,woman,Quinn is the most hated character:)

Which makes me think that majority of DPC`s audience want mostly vanilla experience,when it comes to romantic choices and that is what he is providing."Safe" over interesting.
Maya in the game is interesting because she's precisely not a damsel in distress, which as you pointed out is what she's being portrayed as in here most often than not. in fact, if Maya could read this thread she'd be fucking furious at everyone who's treating her a damsel in distress.

i'm not actually so sure that most people prefer that type of characters though. in AL, aside from Megan the LI were not vanilla and i doubt she was the most popular choice.

i don't think Maya needs to become a HOT to make her story more interesting but in a route where Maya is not a LI it would be very bad if she can't be a Quinn disciple. a game with choices should have consequences and i can't think of a better consequence than a big transformation for her. and i'm not talking of her being forced to do anything, to do it on her own accord, like she's done so far, whether some may accept it or not.

vir_cotto

Engaged Member
Aug 9, 2017
i bring proof

View attachment 346601

Maya in the game is interesting because she's precisely not a damsel in distress, which as you pointed out is what she's being portrayed as in here most often than not. in fact, if Maya could read this thread she'd be fucking furious at everyone who's treating her a damsel in distress.

i'm not actually so sure that most people prefer that type of characters though. in AL, aside from Megan the LI were not vanilla and i doubt she was the most popular choice.

i don't think Maya needs to become a HOT to make her story more interesting but in a route where Maya is not a LI it would be very bad if she can't be a Quinn disciple. a game with choices should have consequences and i can't think of a better consequence than a big transformation for her. and i'm not talking of her being forced to do anything, to do it on her own accord, like she's done so far, whether some may accept it or not.
047462c0.jpg

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
I don't think so. She is, she just doesn't admit it. She'd be furious? Yes, like a mom who thinks she has everything in control and there is no need to take away her child, she can handle it.. while in truth she is a drug addict and sells her body to get more drugs while the child usually is left alone all the time. That kind of mother would be furious too if anyone would even suggest she doesn't have things under in control.

Damsel in Distress is NOT when a woman is too dumb to figure out what to do. Its when someone has no way out of a predicament unless she gets an outside help. She clearly doesn't wants the HOTs solutions but on her own she doesn't see a way around it. Thus in a dire situation that she alone can't solve. Hence the intervention of the mc is needed. -> Damsel in Distress.

laliandra

May 2, 2019
Damsel in Distress is NOT when a woman is too dumb to figure out what to do. Its when someone has no way out of a predicament unless she gets an outside help. She clearly doesn't wants the HOTs solutions but on her own she doesn't see a way around it. Thus in a dire situation that she alone can't solve. Hence the intervention of the mc is needed. -> Damsel in Distress.
Does she need help? yes. does she need to be saved from Quinn? no. it was her decision to join. it was her decision to continue after she was told what she had to do. she can quit by herself she doesn't need MC to rescue her.

would she prefer to find a bag full of money and not have to join the HOTS? yes.

is joining the HOTS the only way to get an education? fuck no, it's more likely the easiest solution she could find to her situation.

i really hate the narrative of Maya being in a dire situation because that's clearly not the case.

name88 - King of Hearts

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2017
Well, you are right and wrong. Yes - most people want "vanilla" game, That's why you'll see mostly same nicks in all (very few) "vanilla" game's threads.
And you are wrong "Vanilla" is a safe bet - most people will always ask for more. "Vanilla" is despised - especially the kind DPC, Philly or Hopes doing - without incest. That's like sacrilege for some people. I mean, just throw incest in your game and you immediately will get 100 new patrons.

But the good game doesn't depend on fetish - the bad one depends.
I didn`t mean any strange fetishes by vanilla but the types of datable women,when compared to other characters even in the same game.

i bring proof

View attachment 346601

I agree
I dont think Maya needs to join HoT`s to have an interesting story,I adressed this particular possibility since that one was raised in other posts as something that will make her story more interesting.

I`m talking specificly about DPC`s audience,look at all the poll`s results,every popularity contest has been won by either Maya,Jill or Bella and Quinn won "who`s the main antagonist of the game".People can say a lot of things but it doesn`t look like the majority wants anything out of the ordinary.

TheFinder

Jun 10, 2018
it was her decision to continue after she was told what she had to do
The fact is that she WASN'T told what she had to do;

MC: Nope. EVIL. I know what she does with her girls.
She uses them to earn money.

Maya: Uses them how?

She thinks that all she'll have to do is submit to a bit of hazing (grinding on a boy, kissing someone at a party), she has no idea about Quinn's real intentions.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes