shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
I agree with the Sprinkler part, that is one of the worst things derek and MC have ever done.

MC having problem with 2-inch guy? I guess he's just there to accept slaps + punches+ tennis ball from MC ;).

But yeah this surely risked MC's relation with Jill, and it was said that Jill's piano survived the damage. But MC has no brains here either. He just let derek do it, that's kind of what you would expect from DIK MC but even the CHICK MC was like "Okay!". MC is at fault here as well, he could have stopped derek easily but he didn't.

Aside from the shit derek has caused for MC so far, he's a good and funny company. It's worth spending time with him [ I sound like a salesman] and his jokes are hilarious.
When Tybalt rang Jill at Bella's that night and Jill panics:

Jill: "No, I don't care about my room. What about my piano?"​

I thought, "oh fuck, that relationship's over." Lucky the piano survived. Got knows how much it cost, his 5K probably wouldn't have covered it... Plus the sentimental value! :eek:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I think the big difference with that disaster is the MC was on board.

Derek: "I'm gonna start the sprinkler system."​

Now if the MC is a DIK, he's definitely on board:

MC: "That's... not a bad idea."​

If he's a Chick, he totally wussed out and did nothing (if he thought it was such a bad idea, he could have tried talking Derek out of it):

mc: "I don't want anything to do with this."​

But regardless, after Derek grabs the eggs from the fridge, the mc is on board:

mc: "Wanna go burn this place down now?"​

How do you say shit like that though, without people asking, "Why?"

He made a lame attempt the first time they were in class together (after Maya wouldn't agree to hooking him up with HOTs):

Derek: "Hey, bro. Don't try your luck with that one. Total cockblock."​
For the sprinkler incident, unfortunately this is the case, MC never distances itself either before or after. Derek has a bad idea (if Jill's piano had been damaged game over) but MC does nothing to stop him.

On Maya, simply and candidly Derek is always on his sister's side, as he confesses to him it only bothered him that her sister was cheating on Josy.

Last edited:

`Ray`

Jul 12, 2020
Compressed version freezing at start and not responding in Windows 7. Can anyone help ?
You have to wait for the game to load because it is big and do nothing else in the mean time.
On second note:-
The game is brand new, so it might use the new Ren„Py 7.4 that throws tantrums on older OS.
Usual culprit is lack of RAM or space for the game to decompress tis SFX.
OR...
" This compression is unofficial. Compressing process reduces image/audio/video quality and can break the game, be aware of that. " JokerLeader already warned about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: JokerLeader

Tairnel

Apr 25, 2020
Lack of RAM should not be an issue since I have 6 gigs of it. Regardless, do you think there's some sort of emulator out there I can use to circumvent this issue ?
Thanks for the help.

Reactions: `Ray`

`Ray`

Jul 12, 2020
Lack of RAM should not be an issue since I have 6 gigs of it. Regardless, do you think there's some sort of emulator out there I can use to circumvent this issue ?
Thanks for the help.
Sorry but I lack knowledge in this area...You could ask either JokerLeader or some other compressor by showing your traceback to them. The traceback would be in the "being a dik" folder.
PS: What exactly happens? do you see this screen?
presplash.jpg
If you see this screen for like 2 mins then I say that it is normal but if you see it longer than 6 mins then it is a problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: JokerLeader

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Aside from the shit derek has caused for MC so far, he's a good and funny company. It's worth spending time with him [ I sound like a salesman] and his jokes are hilarious.
Derek's problem is that he is just that, a fun person (and one doesn't always want to have fun).

If MC has a problem can you confide in him? Maybe, but the game tends to tell you no.

when there's something to do Derek disappears, because he's a guy who always ruins everything (his words), once Hells Week is over the relationship with Derek is quite similar to the one with the other DIKs, in fact probably with Jacob, Rusty and Tommy it seems even stronger

Reactions: Ottoeight and `Ray`

`Ray`

Jul 12, 2020
Derek's problem is that he is just that, a fun person (and one doesn't always want to have fun).

If MC has a problem can you confide in him? Maybe, but the game tends to tell you no.

when there's something to do Derek disappears, because he's a guy who always ruins everything (his words), once Hells Week is over the relationship with Derek is quite similar to the one with the other DIKs, in fact probably with Jacob, Rusty and Tommy it seems even stronger
I just hope that the MC will start to think by himself and stop following Derek.
Replying to this statement I said:-
Here What I meant was that it is not that dangerous or problematic for MC to follow Derek, for now.
And MC still has the options , many times to follow Derek or not. For eg, We have the choice to stay with him in ep4 , we have the choice to go to Pink rose with him later.

And for the very first part of your post "(and one doesn't always want to have fun)." I don't believe that we have that many interactions with Derek in every episode. [ except for ep3 which has the most interactions with derek that can't be avoided]

Last edited:

EmperorGus

Oct 11, 2020
Example: "Assman, I can't tell you why but, if you really like my sister you're probably going to get hurt."
How do you say shit like that though, without people asking, "Why?"
Oh.. they'll always ask 'why?'.
And it's always a matter of saying, "Look.. I just told I can't say why."
And, really, they don't need to know 'why', they just need to know that something is up.

In this case, it's then up to the MC if he's going to talk to Maya about it. If he doesn't talk to her, at least he was warned (and it's something that'll be in the back of his mind.)
If he does talk to Maya about it, it's then up her.
Either way, Derek hasn't betrayed any secrets and he's warned his 'maggot brother' about a problem he was about to be blindsided by.

>shrugs< Just my view on one of Derek's failures.
Now, I fully understand why DPC did not, write in Derek doing the 'brotherly' thing in that situation.
Can't have the big Josy/Maya reveal and chapters worth of drama if he had.
But.. it's still a failure of the character :p

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Replying to this statement I said:-

Here What I meant was that it is not that dangerous or problematic for MC to follow Derek, for now.
And MC still has the options , many times to follow Derek or not. For eg, We have the choice to stay with him in ep4 , we have the choice to go to Pink rose with him later.

And for the very first part of your post "(and one doesn't always want to have fun)." I don't believe that we have that many interactions with Derek in every episode. [ except for ep3 which has the most interactions with derek that can't be avoided]
In the fourth chapter Derek is the choice of the "losers" or those who don't want to take risks by engaging with the other LIs. and of the 3 possibilities he is definitely the worst.

we don't have so many interactions with Derek because he disappears, in the fifth chapter when we go to Bella's he could theoretically come too but he backs out, in the seventh he could come to the HOTs party but he has much more important things to do...

in this second season his role is absolutely marginal

Reactions: `Ray`

JETracktor

Apr 14, 2021
Company? Yes, why not.
Bro? I don't think so.

That's not how bro's acts. Same for MC in most situations, maybe except being a wingman for Derek in ep 7 (the only time he rly did a "bro" move for Derek.)

`Ray`

Jul 12, 2020
In the fourth chapter Derek is the choice of the "losers" or those who don't want to take risks by engaging with the other LIs. and of the 3 possibilities he is definitely the worst.

we don't have so many interactions with Derek because he disappears, in the fifth chapter when we go to Bella's he could theoretically come too but he backs out, in the seventh he could come to the HOTs party but he has much more important things to do...

in this second season his role is absolutely marginal
That's what I am trying to say that his role is too short now, the interactions with him are less. Yeah I agree that Derek has the potential to put MC in troublesome situations but some of his moments are still hilarious and you can't deny that.

So in your opinion should we follow Derek or not? Sure there could be more interactions with other DIK members but would you just totally ignore Derek?

`Ray`

Jul 12, 2020
Company? Yes, why not.
Bro? I don't think so.

That's not how bro's acts. Same for MC in most situations, maybe except being a wingman for Derek in ep 7 (the only time he rly did a "bro" move for Derek.)
I didn't even say that he's a good bro. He is just a good company and his jokes are hilarious. He just got F in brotherhood.:ROFLMAO:

JETracktor

Apr 14, 2021
When Tybalt rang Jill at Bella's that night and Jill panics:

Jill: "No, I don't care about my room. What about my piano?"​

I thought, "oh fuck, that relationship's over." Lucky the piano survived. Got knows how much it cost, his 5K probably wouldn't have covered it... Plus the sentimental value! :eek:
Wet piano - dead piano, I know what I am talking about. There is can't be much damage caused than water.

The grand piano Jill playing is a small, about 6 feet size model for practicing. Maybe something cheap garbage like Kawai but it can be something solid like Steinway or Yamaha (in that case MC is fucked).

`Ray`

Jul 12, 2020
Wet piano - dead piano, I know what I am talking about. There is can't be much damage caused than water.

The grand piano Jill playing is a small, about 6 feet size model for practicing. Maybe something cheap garbage like Kawai but it can be something solid like Steinway or Yamaha (in that case MC is fucked).
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So you think that piano she received as a bday gift to be cheap garbage:rolleyes: It rules out the possibility of being cheap.
PS: Exposure to water can indeed be very damaging to a piano

biredai15

Oct 22, 2020
I downloaded the compression version yesterday...and after the English text it showed some error and the game wouldnt proceed..it said something like couldn't found image..something like that.. i am downloading the uncompressed version now..but if anyone could help

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Guys, I just want to remind you that making DIK decisions is really funny - I think I smashed Tybalt's face 1 thousand times when I left his party - but...

you're playing a Dr PinkCake game, so you will have to pay the price for your actions, in the end.

So, save often and don't overwrite your saves :sneaky:

`Ray`

Jul 12, 2020
I downloaded the compression version yesterday...and after the English text it showed some error and the game wouldnt proceed..it said something like couldn't found image..something like that.. i am downloading the uncompressed version now..but if anyone could help
↓↓↓
If you're using the compressed DL, then you need to replace two files. Info here: https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-v0-4-1-dr-pinkcake.25332/post-2935610

I know the two files are math related, but trust me, it's the fix for the compressed version. If you have the full DL then I dunno. Regards.
When you get an error message like this in a Ren'Py game, it's a good idea to search the thread for that exception to see if a solution has previously been posted.

Doing that for this exception will show that problems with the math101 images regularly crop up in the compressed versions and a fix is available:

CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
Guys, I just want to remind you that making DIK decisions is really funny - I think I smashed Tybalt's face 1 thousand times when I left his party - but...

you're playing a Dr PinkCake game, so you will have to pay the price for your actions, in the end.

So, save often and don't overwrite your saves :sneaky:
I mean... that choice, considering Jill's attitude towards violence and bullies, its pretty obvious its going to bite you back in the ass if you're pursuing her.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes