Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Probably the #1 thing that bothers me in this game. Not only is her drama comical it's also not plausible. Im going to stand on this soap box forever; there's absolutely no way Burke would ever allow Tybalt to open any sort of investigation at the school. Burke would have to be brain dead not to see how that would catastrophically backfire.

Her entire "drama" plot feels absolutely pointless in consideration of that and I don't see how DPC doesn't see this... Or maybe im meta gaming. Idk.
Yeah, this Tybalt stuff can't continue ad infinitum. You're right about Burke not allowing an investigation, but does he even know about the blackmail? If he doesn't learn about it until after Tybalt kickstarts an investigation, then there isn't much he could do and the damage to him would already be done...namely outside scrutiny.

I really want to know exactly how plugged in Burke is to campus activities and secrets. Does he have a network of cameras that he monitors? Does he have rats like Nick the Dick working for him? Or does he prowl school grounds at night spying on topless teachers blowing their students? I was quite disappointed that the (potentially) evil Burke mastermind storyline seemingly disappeared after that promising cliffhanger in his office.

hakuna-matata

May 30, 2020
I don't think you're going to have more luck with Jill as a DIK MC. If anything, that will hurt your chances. She is a CHICK-side LI all the way. DPC is keeping up this Tybalt blackmail charade for the purposes of story drama. I don't think many players believe that storyline is plausible, but DPC can't have MC and Jill immediately living happily together with zero relationship barriers. I just would have preferred some other more believable type of drama, but alas this is what we are stuck with. The only question now is how much longer DPC will drag it out. The third Tybalt date should be happening soon. After that, it's time to nix that sub-plot so MC can begin wooing Jill in earnest. Jill doesn't need any more relationship barriers...she is her OWN relationship barrier in that she is too nervous to have sex. It's going to take many many episodes to overcome that. Maybe
Probably the #1 thing that bothers me in this game. Not only is her drama comical it's also not plausible. Im going to stand on this soap box forever; there's absolutely no way Burke would ever allow Tybalt to open any sort of investigation at the school. Burke would have to be brain dead not to see how that would catastrophically backfire.

Her entire "drama" plot feels absolutely pointless in consideration of that and I don't see how DPC doesn't see this... Or maybe im meta gaming. Idk.

Tybalt will finally move on from Jill after he finds true love with Minny.
The storyline itself doesn't make sense. It's just weird. If DPC wanted to add a "barrier" between them, then he could have gone with "parents don't approve because you're a 3rd class peasant worse than Jack Dawson" story line.

Reactions: thorin0815

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
The storyline itself doesn't make sense. It's just weird. If DPC wanted to add a "barrier" between them, then he could have gone with "parents don't approve because you're a 3rd class peasant worse than Jack Dawson" story line.
The Tybalt blackmail sub-plot hurts the character of Jill even more than the player. It makes her look naive, weak, and incredibly stupid. If you are a 21-yr old person falling for something like that then my goodness, the outside world is really going to eat you alive when you step outside B&R. At least we got that scene of Bella dropping some truth bombs on Jill. I was like, Finally! Someone telling Jill how ridiculous she is acting.

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
The Tybalt blackmail sub-plot hurts the character of Jill even more than the player. It makes her look naive, weak, and incredibly stupid. If you are a 21-yr old person falling for something like that then my goodness, the outside world is really going to eat you alive when you step outside B&R. At least we got that scene of Bella dropping some truth bombs on Jill. I was like, Finally! Someone telling Jill how ridiculous she is acting.
I miss Evil Jill :cry:

• Sad
Reactions: Kellermann

BeingADikDik

Engaged Member
Apr 17, 2021
Theory: the Royces only recognize gay relationships. Jill's sister was kicked out of the house for being straight, and now her parents are going to be barging into her room looking for boys. If they find her with a boy, they've threatened to pay for her tuition when they know she wants to pay her own way as punishment. Jill gets disowned for having Tybalt's love child, Bella murders Tybalt, the Royces adopt Maya, and MC lives happily ever after with Sage and Jade.

D2M3

Jan 20, 2018
It's frustrating that so many people can't understand this. And it's especially frustrating that games include it because it's soooo unnecessary. BADIK didn't need to include a scene with the MC being coerced to any degree, even if you have the chance to say "stop". It wasn't necessary for the story. While it wasn't a deal breaker for me in this situation, it was still frustrating.
Not can't. Won't.

They willingly reject reality, because most of them are either
1) guilty of doing a similar thing to a degree, whether be it in form of workplace power dynamics exploitation or alcohol related shenanigans,
2) either fundamentalist religious zealots and/or sociopathic narcissists.

The concept of blackmail + anything sexual == rape is an extremely easy to explain and understand framework.
The concept of blackmail + money == extortion is also easy.

Codified law easily defines those. But certain people will never stop to blur those lines, because as previously stated, they have skin in the game.

If anyone argues otherwise, immediately review your entire friendship history with said person.

I failed at this horribly back in college, and a friend most of my friend group thought " just a quirky guy" turned out to be a serial date rapist that about 15 guys in total failed to detect.

Monsters live among us people. Be on the lookout.

By that token, if anyone is defending Quinn on similar grounds, I also would think twice. The primary reasaon I hate her as a character ( well written villain) is this fact alone. At best, she's an enabler of Burke, at worst, accomplice.

Reactions: w00de

thorin0815

Apr 16, 2020
Theory: the Royces only recognize gay relationships. Jill's sister was kicked out of the house for being straight, and now her parents are going to be barging into her room looking for boys. If they find her with a boy, they've threatened to pay for her tuition when they know she wants to pay her own way as punishment. Jill gets disowned for having Tybalt's love child, Bella murders Tybalt, the Royces adopt Maya, and MC lives happily ever after with Sage and Jade.
But what if it turns out that Tybalt is actually a disguised Roger from American Dad?! In another female disguise (e.g. as Josy, because Roger has also played this role so far) it would certainly not be difficult for him to deceive Jill's parents. Jill has her baby (via immaculate conception) and they will live happily ever after.

BeingADikDik

Engaged Member
Apr 17, 2021
But what if it turns out that Tybalt is actually a disguised Roger from American Dad?! In another female disguise (e.g. as Josy, because Roger has also played this role so far) it would certainly not be difficult for him to deceive Jill's parents. Jill has her baby (via immaculate conception) and they will live happily ever after.
I like the cut of your gib, thorin. Season 15 of Being a DIK ('Out of Ideas') will prove one of us correct.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
If that's your angle then go the whole hog and claim Tybalt is actually Pistachio Disguisey (if you understand that reference then I feel really bad for you)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: thorin0815

`Ray`

Jul 12, 2020
Mine is Sage too but gotta have money for Dad's kitchen. Need to gold dig Jill.
Smart. I too require access to that mountain of Royce coin to support MC's plans for world domination. One sneaky, well-aimed, trick shot and Jill will never know that my demon spawn is growing inside until it is too late. 5K is nowhere near enough, but it's a start.

Reactions: driverman

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018

That's because you, as the player, are privy to information that at least 2(probably all 3) of the characters involved have. Jill doesn't this. The MC knows about illegal activities on campus but has no idea Burke is involved(at least, other than being a customer, and even in that, would've been lucky to make that connection based on what he saw). And Tybalt's the kind of jackass who would be completely in the dark about what his dad does.

Sandguru

Jan 20, 2021
Here is my unofficial android port of Being a DIK v0.7.1 + scrappy's WT/Cheat Mod
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Grant permission for 2nd persistent save location.

Join my
DarkAssassin,

I am a fan of your amazing work. You are really the greatest and most meticulous Modder ever.
I enjoy all your Mods and always look forward to your next fabulous achievements.

I am not a technical person and I am having problems with installing this game (being a DIK) probably because it is over 2 gigabytes. I have a Samsung galaxy android 11, 12GB RAM and over 60 GB of free storage, but every time I try to install the game, the system declines and shuts off the installation process apparently because it is larger than 2 GB.

What do you think I should configure to make it work? How should I solve it?

Thanks in advance

Your biggest fan

Sep 9, 2021
I don't think you're going to have more luck with Jill as a DIK MC. If anything, that will hurt your chances. She is a CHICK-side LI all the way. DPC is keeping up this Tybalt blackmail charade for the purposes of story drama. I don't think many players believe that storyline is plausible, but DPC can't have MC and Jill immediately living happily together with zero relationship barriers. I just would have preferred some other more believable type of drama, but alas this is what we are stuck with. The only question now is how much longer DPC will drag it out. The third Tybalt date should be happening soon. After that, it's time to nix that sub-plot so MC can begin wooing Jill in earnest. Jill doesn't need any more relationship barriers...she is her OWN relationship barrier in that she is too nervous to have sex. It's going to take many many episodes to overcome that. Maybe Tybalt will finally move on from Jill after he finds true love with Minny.
So there is a chance she look up for mc rather then tybelt ?
I leave the game if jill even kiss that t...

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes