Zirael Q

Aug 28, 2017
She already had the chance to solve her money problems, or at least ease them, with MC's offer in episode 6 - and she didn't accept. A Quinn who didn't care about the MC would've just said "ok then, hand it over" when he offered to give her money, surely?
Word.
That was like explaining how 2+2 equals to 4, lol. While listing how her actions changed interacting with MC 2 pages ago, didn't find the need to even write this hahaha

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
I can’t imagine there not being a redemption arc for Quinn if the MC is with her. It doesn’t mean she doesn’t have to go to prison, or something, but the idea she is ‘evil’ is silly. IMO she is going to have some motivating factor like a debt from her parents, or medical bills or something. She won’t be motivated by greed.
I am more than sure that in the new update, Quinn will officially become LI. The fact that there are no relationship points is not important, DPC has refused them in the latest updates and they do not affect anything. It sounds unfounded, but the $5,000 donated will play a role. I imagine that MC in his usual manner says Quinn something like: "Keep these $5,000. It won't last long , but at least you and the girls won't be engaged in prostitution and drug sales for a week." It sounds noble and beautiful. I think this will be one of the most difficult choices in the game.

Zirael Q

Aug 28, 2017
I am more than sure that in the new update, Quinn will officially become LI. The fact that there are no relationship points is not important, DPC has refused them in the latest updates and they do not affect anything. It sounds unfounded, but the $5,000 donated will play a role. I imagine that MC in his usual manner says Quinn something like: "Keep these $5,000. It won't last long , but at least you and the girls won't be engaged in prostitution and drug sales for a week." It sounds noble and beautiful. I think this will be one of the most difficult choices in the game.
If MC actually makes a sentence like that to Quinn's face, she'd cringe so hard that the game would crash. Hell, we might get a blue screen of death, lol.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Man, the Quinn Fanboys never cease to ridicule themselves.

That's quite amusing (and quite impressive).

Daken9

Apr 28, 2017
LAMO, this stuff isn't Shakespeare man, though he was considered lowbrow for his time. It's interactive American Pie.

Shakespeare's work stands on its own merits, and has for a long time. Elizabeth I has been dead for a long time too. Him being one of her court favorites, not the only one btw, has little to do with his popularity. You couldn't name another playwright from that time, only him. This is not a product of Early Modern petty court politics.

And art isn't subjective, no serious artist will say this, though no serious artist will spend their time insisting neoclassical realism is the only legitimate form of artistic expression either. Quite frankly it's insulting to say that because art is "subjective" DPC and William Shakespeare are potentially literary equals.
Pretty sure most people around here don't read books, don't watch movies, don't play games, and generally speaking only really wank. Would explain why every other game around here is lauded as a work of art.

Not that this one doesn't stand head and shoulders above the competition, but come on.

Oh, and Quinn best girl btw.

goldenrule91

Feb 26, 2021
Pretty sure most people around here don't read books, don't watch movies, don't play games, and generally speaking only really wank. Would explain why every other game around here is lauded as a work of art.

Not that this one doesn't stand head and shoulders above the competition, but come on.

Oh, and Quinn best girl btw.
Can confirm that all I do is wank and Quinnsimp all day :KEK: My life is a wreck but at least I don't post cringe. Mostly. :Kappa:

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
...how is it believable that Josy is punished the same way for two completely different things?

we are even told that her father loves Josy very much, so that he punishes her for having sex in his bed is credible, that he punishes her in the same way for having dinner with someone doesn't make sense to me. the presence of wine changes very little, except for wanting to suddenly turn Josy's father into a faded copy of Maya's one...
Don't forget that Josy tells that things had gone heated with Monica and that his father got an earful.
So the date pb is just the match that light the powder. The punishment is logic in both situation.
MC stays and they are caught fucking in the parents bed or not, both went to an altercation with her father and the subsequent punishment.
I don't agree at all, now whether Mc stays or not becomes completely irrelevant (which actually for DPC it is :ROFLMAO: ), perfect

so Josy, a 19 year old girl who is about to go to college, is perfectly logical to be punished by taking away her cell phone and grounding her, as if she were a child, because she had a fight with her stepmother because she dared to have dinner with someone (a fight that I don't remember Josy ever apologizes for, but I'm sure it was a very serious thing)

another dysfunctional family

it was just an example, I give up
I just said that a punishment is in order in both situation if punishment is needed, and DPC needed it.
And for me the earful to her father is more important that any fight with her stepmother, It certainly wasn't the first one.
Josy doesn't apologies, she just explain to MC what happened after he's gone.
Not judging if the punishment is realistic or not.
I sometimes have problems making my ideas clear enough but english isn't my first language and some days are more complicated than others :confused:
edit : btw I love your nickname , I had a good laugh first time I saw it ;)
;)
then excuse me, I did not understand

that the punishment was for DPC is sure, he needed to cut Josy off for a while, so that Maya could have her way with MC, freeing the conscience of both of them (this way Josy was the one who was missing)
Just to add my thoughts, I know it's rare but sometimes I just need to say things. :p

There are two scenarios:
  • Josy has a friend over and they drink alcohol (that would be illegal since it's been established the legal drinking age is 21 in this game).
  • Josy's dad reacts to this and they get into an argument and Josy lets fly about Monica and the dad takes her phone from her.
or
  • Josy has a friend over and they drink alcohol (that would be illegal since it's been established the legal drinking age is 21 in this game)
  • Josy is caught almost red handed fucking someone in her dad's bed.
  • Josy's dad reacts to this and they get into an argument and Josy lets fly about Monica and the dad takes her phone from her.
Both scenarios result in an argument where Josy starts mouthing off about Monica. This is why she'd be punished. The alcohol too. I'm sure fucking someone in her dad's bed would have only made matters worse, but the punishment fits the crime for both scenarios.

Imagine how these scenarios played out:

Scenario 1 (almost caught riding the meat pole):

Monica: "Josy? Are you home?"​
Josy: "Just a minute, Monica!"​
Pete: "Sweetie? Why have you locked yourself in our bedroom?"​
Josy: "*Whisper* What are you doing!?"​
Fuckface: "*Whisper* I'm panicking!"​
Josy: "*Whisper* Exit through the window!"​
Josy: "*Whisper* Here! Your clothes!!"​
"*Click*"​
Josy: "(FUCK!)"​
Monica: "Josy! What the hell is this!?"​

(everything above was in the game, the below is what could have happened next)​

Monica: "Pete, I don't think you should come in here just yet."​
Pete: "Why not, what's going on, and why is there an empty bottle of wine on the table with some glasses?"​
Pete: "What have you been up to young lady, and why... oh shit, I'm sorry, um..."​
Josy: "Dad!!"​
Monica: "Just wait outside for a minute Pete."​
Monica: "Josy, put some clothes on."​
Josy: "What do you think I'm trying to do, if you hadn't barged in here...!"​
Pete: "You watch your tone there Josy! Are you dressed yet?"​
Monica: "Ok, so you're drinking now?"​
Josy: "What, stop acting like you're my mom, I know you couldn't give a shit about me!"​
Pete: "Josy! Let me handle this dear."​
Pete: "Josy, please don't speak to Monica like that! Since when have you been drinking, and wait a minute, what were you doing naked in our room?"​
Monica: "Pete, there were two glasses on the table, you do the maths..."​
Pete: "Josy? In our bed?"​
Josy: "Let me explain, it's just..."​
Pete: "No this is just unacceptable behaviour, you had no right to..."​
Josy: "Since when do you care about what I do anymore Dad? You only have time for Monica these days..."​
Monica: "Josy dear, that's not how things are..."​
Josy: "Whatever, you only care about that stupid cunt of a son of yours anyway!"​
Monica: "Josy!"​
Pete: "Josy! What's gotten into you?"​
Josy: "You know it's true ever since Monica came into our lives I may as well never have existed! I fucking hate her!"​
Monica: "Oh my god!"​
Pete: "Josy, I will not allow you to talk to her like that! You'll apologise right now and then we'll talk about your drinking, with boys I presume."​
Josy: "Fuck off Dad, I don't want to talk about anything with you two!"​
Pete: "That does it young lady!"​
Josy: "Hey, what are you doing!?"​
Pete: "What does it look like, I'm taking this now and you're not getting it back until you've started behaving better!"​
Pete: "Come back, we haven't finished talking!"​
Josy: "This is bullshit, you can't treat me like a little child, I'm going to my room!"​
Scenario 2 (nothing sexual, just underaged drinking):

(Note we never see anything regarding this option)​
Josy: "Yes, I'm just in the kitchen cleaning up."​
Pete: "Hi Sweetie? Looks like you had company tonight."​
Josy: "Yeah, just a friend came over for dinner."​
Monica: "Was it a young man?"​
Josy: "None of your business!"​
Pete: "You watch your tone there Josy! Hmm, what's this empty bottle of wine here?"​
Josy: "What, stop acting like you're my mom, I know you couldn't give a shit about me!"​
Pete: "Josy, please don't speak to Monica like that! Since when have you been drinking?"​
Josy: "Since when do you care about what I do anymore Dad? You only have time for Monica these days..."​
Josy: "Whatever, you only care about that stupid cunt of a son of yours anyway!"​
Josy: "You know it's true ever since Monica came into our lives I may as well never have existed! I fucking hate her!"​
Pete: "Josy, I will not allow you to talk to her like that! You'll apologise right now and then we'll talk about your drinking, with boys I presume."​
Pete: "What does it look like, I'm taking this now and you're not getting it back until you've started behaving better!"​
Josy: "This is bullshit, you can't treat me like a little child, I'm going to my room!"​
And there you go. Shit escalated wither way, mainly because Josy was already upset with Monica's involvement in her life. The sex, while shocking to her parents, hardly played into it.

And while Josy's pretty chill most of the time, we've seen her spit it before, so it's not entirely out of character once she's gotten worked up:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Character Assessments
Lily
Josy
Sage

Last edited:

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
Just to add my thoughts, I know it's rare but sometimes I just need to say things. :p

There are two scenarios:
  • Josy has a friend over and they drink alcohol (that would be illegal since it's been established the legal drinking age is 21 in this game).
or
  • Josy has a friend over and they drink alcohol (that would be illegal since it's been established the legal drinking age is 21 in this game)
  • Josy is caught almost red handed fucking someone in her dad's bed.
Both scenarios result in an argument where Josy starts mouthing off about Monica. This is why she'd be punished. The alcohol too. I'm sure fucking someone in her dad's bed would have only made matters worse, but the punishment fits the crime for both scenarios.

Imagine how these scenarios played out:

Scenario 1 (almost caught riding the meat pole):

Josy: "Just a minute, Monica!"​
Pete: "Sweetie? Why have you locked yourself in our bedroom?"​
Josy: "*Whisper* What are you doing!?"​
Fuckface: "*Whisper* I'm panicking!"​
Josy: "*Whisper* Exit through the window!"​
Josy: "*Whisper* Here! Your clothes!!"​
"*Click*"​
Josy: "(FUCK!)"​
Monica: "Josy! What the hell is this!?"​

(everything above was in the game, the below is what could have happened next)​

Monica: "Pete, I don't think you should come in here just yet."​
Pete: "Why not, what's going on, and why is there an empty bottle of wine on the table with some glasses?"​
Pete: "What have you been up to young lady, and why... oh shit, I'm sorry, um..."​
Josy: "Dad!!"​
Monica: "Just wait outside for a minute Pete."​
Monica: "Josy, put some clothes on."​
Josy: "What do you think I'm trying to do, if you hadn't barged in here...!"​
Pete: "You watch your tone there Josy! Are you dressed yet?"​
Pete: "Josy, please don't speak to Monica like that! Since when have you been drinking, and wait a minute, what were you doing naked in our room?"​
Monica: "Pete, there were two glasses on the table, you do the maths..."​
Pete: "Josy? In our bed?"​
Josy: "Let me explain, it's just..."​
Pete: "No this is just unacceptable behaviour, you had no right to..."​
Scenario 2 (nothing sexual, just underaged drinking):

(Note we never see anything regarding this option)​
Josy: "Yes, I'm just in the kitchen cleaning up."​
Pete: "Hi Sweetie? Looks like you had company tonight."​
Josy: "Yeah, just a friend came over for dinner."​
Monica: "Was it a young man?"​
Josy: "None of your business!"​
Pete: "You watch your tone there Josy! Hmm, what's this empty bottle of wine here?"​
Pete: "Josy, please don't speak to Monica like that! Since when have you been drinking?"​
And there you go. Shit escalated wither way, mainly because Josy was already upset with Monica's involvement in her life. The sex, while shocking to her parents, hardly played into it.
It looks plausible, but we've never seen this kind of behavior from Josy. In your conversation, Josy is presented as a moody and touchy bitch who has an Electra complex for her father. Such behavior would be justified for impulsive Sage, but not for Josy. Yes, we know that Josy kicked Tommy if he beat Tremolo, but this is because she loves MC and hates Tommy. I believe that if Pete and Monica find a bottle of wine on the table, they will punish Josy and only because Pete seems to be a strict father.

Reactions: felicemastronzo

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
It looks plausible, but we've never seen this kind of behavior from Josy. In your conversation, Josy is presented as a moody and touchy bitch who has an Electra complex for her father. Such behavior would be justified for impulsive Sage, but not for Josy. Yes, we know that Josy kicked Tommy if he beat Tremolo, but this is because she loves MC and hates Tommy. I believe that if Pete and Monica find a bottle of wine on the table, they will punish Josy and only because Pete seems to be a strict father.
You beat me to it, I just updated the post to include a reference to when she spat it at the mc before.

Also, if you read their reunion outside the college, it sounds like they had a doozy of a fight:

Last edited:

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
You beat me to it, I just updated the post to include a reference to when she spat it at the mc before.

Also, if you read their reunion outside the college, it sounds like they had a doozy of a fight:
It all sounds very contrived to me, which would make it a perfect fit for DPC's usual contrived writing style!

Being serious for a minute though, the whole Josy being grounded by her parents thing has always sounded like something that would happen to a sixteen year old, not a girl who's nineteen, has graduated HS, and has her own job. Although it's true that she's living in her Father's house she's also legally an adult. A parent grounding their adult daughter has never sounded plausible to me, just like it's never sounded plausible that Josy would be worried that her Father was coming to take her away from college as happened in Ep 5.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
It all sounds very contrived to me, which would make it a perfect fit for DPC's usual contrived writing style!

Being serious for a minute though, the whole Josy being grounded by her parents thing has always sounded like something that would happen to a sixteen year old, not a girl who's nineteen, has graduated HS, and has her own job. Although it's true that she's living in her Father's house she's also legally an adult. A parent grounding their adult daughter has never sounded plausible to me, just like it's never sounded plausible that Josy would be worried that her Father was coming to take her away from college as happened in Ep 5.
"...contrived ..." - I do not think it means what you think it means. :p

I agree pretty much 100% that taking the mobile phone from an adult child seems unusual. I threaten to block my kid's iPad from the Internet at home (it's become a running joke in my household), but yeah, once your kid's an adult, it's time to stop with the corrective measures to guide their behaviour.

That said, if she was mouthing off at Monica (or at least about Monica) in her Dad's presence, he may felt he had to do something. And what better punishment than to take a girls mobile from her! :eek:

Maya's situation is different, her dad has been fully established as a controlling, bordering on psychologically abusive father, but from what we know, Pete's an OK bloke.

Last edited:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

actually in that dialogue they only talk about the fight between father and daughter, with him apologizing for having been too harsh. and it would also be strange that, if Monica had been involved, there wouldn't have been Josy's suceses, or at least a request of apology

Too bad because the effort for the fan fiction will have been important:p

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
I agree pretty much 100% that taking the mobile phone from an adult child seems unusual. I threaten to block my kid's iPad from the Internet at home (it's become a running joke in my household), but yeah, once your kid's an adult, it's time to stop with the corrective measures to guide their behaviour.

That said, if she was mouthing off at Monica (or at least about Monica) in her Dad's presence, he may felt he had to do something. And what better punishment than to take a girls mobile from her! :eek:

Maya's situation is different, her dad has been fully established as a controlling, bordering on psychologically abusive father, but from what we know, Pete's an OK bloke.
We had an incident like this in my hometown last year. The Father locked his 20 year old daughter in her room and wouldn't let her out, she managed to signal to a neighbor from her window, the neighbor then called the police and soon after the guy was face down in his own front yard while the police cuffed him.

It's just an example of some of the silly plot devices that DPC uses in his writing. I'm not saying that people shouldn't enjoy the game, but all of the fulsome praise for how great a writer DPC is is just grating in the face of shit like this. Yes it's probably better than the writing in 90% of the games on this site, but that's not saying much. And when it's compared to some of the genuinely good writing found in some games it just doesn't stack up.

Oliver Wendell Homely

May 9, 2020

I suppose if her dad paid her cell phone bill, he could turn off her service or something, but she said her dad took her phone. Indeed not terribly plausible, certainly not with a young woman who actually adores her father. I guess we're not supposed to think about these things too hard.

I see lots of people complaining that Maya's situation is also contrived, as she would not need her dad to cosign a loan. When I went to college, I had scholarships and savings that paid for my first year, then I needed to borrow money for my second year. In applying for student loans, my parents' income was a factor in the terms of the loan (interest rate and so on). My parents' income was pretty good for where we lived, so I couldn't qualify for a grant or even the best loans. I was an adult and because of my scholarships that first year, my parents had not paid any of my tuition, but because I was still a dependent on my parents' taxes, I could not apply for a loan on my own terms. Unfortunately, my mom was dying of cancer and my parents were spending all of their money on hospital bills. My dad was desperate to keep me as a dependent on their taxes to lower their tax bill, while I was desperate to be independent and try and get a grant or low-interest loan. My mom died in the middle of my second year and my dad continued to list me as a dependent on his taxes. It was a terrible situation that caused no small conflict between us.

Similarly, Maya may not be in a position to apply for loans on her own terms and may need her dad to "co-sign," as she may still be a legal dependent in terms of finances, even though she is an adult. I don't know if DPC is even aware of these kinds of issues, but this kind of situation is not farfetched.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
actually in that dialogue they only talk about the fight between father and daughter, with him apologizing for having been too harsh. and it would also be strange that, if Monica had been involved, there wouldn't have been Josy's suceses, or at least a request of apology

Too bad because the effort for the fan fiction will have been important:p
The fan fiction was just for fun, but the underlying message was she got busted for drinking alcohol (when she's underage) and, depending on your choices, fucking in the dad's bed. This resulted in an argument and she started mouthing off about Monica and the dad overreacted. Plain and simple. (y)

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes