drifter139

Dec 11, 2019

Kingkela

Oct 5, 2020
18 Gigs download & extract will give problem if your machine is old boom like mine. Its too big to handle unless your Ram is 8+

WHY GO THROUGH ALL THIS. WHEN THE ANSWER ... POST the link to the new 4 Gig that was added to the exciting 14 Gigs from version 1 to version 7. Other Ren'Py games are updated with only the UPDATE FILES.
I dont know why Dr Pink Cake cant do that ?????
Probably because of this:

The problem: during unzipping, the executable files in the game package lost their execute permission, so the app won't run.
Solution: if you still have the zip file, try unzipping it with The Unarchiver instead of the default archive utility. The Unarchiver tends to be better in preserving these execute permissions.
If you've already deleted the zip and don't want to download the 19 GB again, you can fix the permissions yourself in Terminal.

In Terminal, type 'chmod a+x ' without the quotes and drag the first executable in the Terminal window. Terminal will fill out the path to the executable file. Hit enter. Repeat for the second file.

To find the executables, right click on the game and choose Show package contents. Then go to Contents/MacOS. The file you are looking for is called BeinADIK. The second one (same name) is in Contents/MacOS/lib/darwinx86-64.

That, or your dowload is corrupted.
[/QUOTE]

Netgear

Jul 25, 2018
Ok! What's the catch ?
DropMeFiles, UploadHeaven and Mega have a 18.6 Go file
Anonfiles have a 19.97 Go file
And GoFiles have a 20 Go file

Is it 18.6 or 20 Go file, does AnonFiles and GoFiles added a little more files to the download file than the Dev intended with his game ?

Reactions: 9032141
Sep 29, 2021
18 Gigs download & extract will give problem if your machine is old boom like mine. Its too big to handle unless your Ram is 8+

WHY GO THROUGH ALL THIS. WHEN THE ANSWER ... POST the link to the new 4 Gig that was added to the exciting 14 Gigs from version 1 to version 7. Other Ren'Py games are updated with only the UPDATE FILES.
I dont know why Dr Pink Cake cant do that ?????
Probably because of this:

The problem: during unzipping, the executable files in the game package lost their execute permission, so the app won't run.
Solution: if you still have the zip file, try unzipping it with The Unarchiver instead of the default archive utility. The Unarchiver tends to be better in preserving these execute permissions.
If you've already deleted the zip and don't want to download the 19 GB again, you can fix the permissions yourself in Terminal.

In Terminal, type 'chmod a+x ' without the quotes and drag the first executable in the Terminal window. Terminal will fill out the path to the executable file. Hit enter. Repeat for the second file.

To find the executables, right click on the game and choose Show package contents. Then go to Contents/MacOS. The file you are looking for is called BeinADIK. The second one (same name) is in Contents/MacOS/lib/darwinx86-64.

That, or your dowload is corrupted.
[/QUOTE]
Oh gosh I forgot about having to extract after downloading a file…

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
Can't figure out how to have Jill overcome her fear in performing in public...guys any ideas?
Only idea I can think of is, have you been practicing her song? You get moments to practice her song, and this update during I think the first free roam, one of the tasks is to practice Jill's song. Guessing if you did it enough (and are probably on her path), you'll go help her.

For me, it was automatic. It just happened. My MC just went back there, talked to Jill, then grabbed a guitar and hit the stage.

But that's the only idea I have as to why you can't do it.

Reactions: Montanabob75

Hoboy

Jul 24, 2017
Geez - after waiting this long I had an upgrade to my Mac to Catalina 10.15.7 which is now incompatible with Ren'py 7.4 and above - which means that I now have to give up on this game. Damn...I REALLY don't want to buy a new computer for this game...

maroek

Jan 18, 2018
This is currently my favourite game by far but it is getting ridiculously big to download even when it's compressed. I've been trying to download the compressed file for the last 12 hours to no avail. It's always interrupted and I have to start all over again. May we please have a torrent file? Pretty please???

Reactions: NotTheReal16

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
This is currently my favourite game by far but it is getting ridiculously big to download even when it's compressed. I've been trying to download the compressed file for the last 12 hours to no avail. It's always interrupted and I have to start all over again. May we please have a torrent file? Pretty please???

rockie

Aug 16, 2017
Ok! What's the catch ?
DropMeFiles, UploadHeaven and Mega have a 18.6 Go file
Anonfiles have a 19.97 Go file
And GoFiles have a 20 Go file

Is it 18.6 or 20 Go file, does AnonFiles and GoFiles added a little more files to the download file than the Dev intended with his game ?
Different websites track data and calculate stuff differently.. there's tons of files to calculate so it's quite difficult to match the exact size

Missionary

Oct 30, 2021
Only idea I can think of is, have you been practicing her song? You get moments to practice her song, and this update during I think the first free roam, one of the tasks is to practice Jill's song. Guessing if you did it enough (and are probably on her path), you'll go help her.

For me, it was automatic. It just happened. My MC just went back there, talked to Jill, then grabbed a guitar and hit the stage.

But that's the only idea I have as to why you can't do it.
Thanks bro I'm gonna try it

JensDean

Oct 16, 2019
Love this game, but cant seem to play the new update. Tried with 2 diffrent downloads now (torrent and dropmefile), but everytime i start the game it doesnt load, and i get a white screen with windows saying it doesn´t respond.
i´ve tried to re-unpack it, disable antivirus, start with administrator rights, but it doesn´t seem to do the trick.

Anyone else have any suggestions on what to do?

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes