Jul 17, 2020
dude, the doc really is cutting every other paths, Sage is :love:, that threesome, we see it coming don't we boys?:devilish:, i haven't started my CHICK save yet because im scared:ROFLMAO:, finished my Jill save though, that recital man, so good and yes, NO. MORE. PURPLE I MEAN BLUE. BALLS.:KEK:

those girls rejected by MC, bet it will bite his ass later *red hair girl flashback*

the doc did it again, thought my antique potato laptop will not handle the new update, but it run fine:LOL:

Reactions: goldenrule91

SHER!FF

Aug 15, 2019
OK, did the hotfix and deleted cheat detection rpy, but I still can't load a save. Ideas? I'm at wit's end.

goldenrule91

Feb 26, 2021
I've gone through Episode 8 with several different runs, and I think I've seen just about all there is to see without a guide. Now I need to sort out my thoughts on it.

This was definitely a large update. Yet somehow it feels extremely thin, as though the important parts were diluted by an unrelenting stream of high-gloss filler material. Worse, while several scenes were quite nice in and of themselves, the overall character/story progression was handled surprisingly gracelessly.

BaDIK hasn't felt this railroaded since Episode 4. Far too many of our choices were ignored or neutered, seemingly for no reason beyond a lack of imagination by DPC. The titular "crossroads" in the MC's relationships comes not as a natural result of our choices, nor even as the result of an external crisis a la Josy's arrival at the end of Episode 3. No, this crossroad is literally because the MC woke up one day and decided dating multiple girls was unworkable no matter what had been said before. The episode then abruptly ends before the MC can actually implement his decision, meaning there's a high likelihood we're going to be stuck doing this dance all over again as Season 3 unfolds.

As a result, my enthusiasm for Season 3 has diminished significantly. It feels like we're going to be stuck in endless loops as the main story is advanced drip by tiny drip. I've long wanted the MC to be able to commit to a single relationship, but that was always with the assumption that the game would branch sufficiently to reflect those differences. Between the ham-fisted "crossroads" and the revelations in the closing montage, I don't think that's going to happen anymore, and the rate at which it fails to happen is going to be glacially slow. That's not going to sit well as we wait 6+ months for the next installment to clean up this mess.

So yeah, overall I'm pretty down on Episode 8, and the game as a whole. Now let's look at the details, which means spoilers.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

tl;dr Despite a lot of fun aspects, Episode 8 overall feels like a big step in the wrong direction and I'm no longer eager to play Season 3.
We're gonna have months and months to pull ep. 8 apart and find things we love and maybe hate about it, but I gotta signal boost this post and agree very much with the tl;dr. I really didn't want to come out as negative overall on the episode because make no mistake there are some things that are good, and many things that could potentially be good that we just don't understand fully yet (I'm still not high enough IQ to understand how the path locks are gonna work, eagerly awaiting some big brain takes on it :KEK:) but I have to admit that when I finished the episode I wasn't really happy. This didn't change when I played the other paths either, although I can definitely see how solo Jill and solo Bella players would disagree because their wishes were finally answered for obvious reasons.

As I said I really don't wanna come out as negative on the episode or spoil it for others, and I definitely don't want to get into arguments about how good it was because at the end of the day different people who love different girls will have different opinions and experiences with the game. All that being said, as someone who is mostly concerned with the narrative of the game, I have some very serious issues with how this episode has changed the narrative pacing and the stakes of the story. I feel the LI path locks have come way too early and seemingly in a contrived and arbitrary fashion. I feel DPC has way too many guns on the table and threads to tie up while also introducing more and more cliffhanger bait moments. I feel that the threads that have been resolved do not live up to the impact and hype, like telling Sage about Chad and Troy which results in a few minor scenes and nothing more, despite being the final cliffhanger of episode 7. And lastly, I honestly felt pretty annoyed that the final screen of episode 8 is the Interlude screen with Zoey, which is something similar to finishing Mass Effect 3 and being confronted with a big message from the developer about the upcoming DLC.

So tl;dr I guess go read ename's post because mine is a retread of a lot of that and his tl;dr is better :KEK:

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes