Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
in a room with Sage and Quinn and the strap on goes on our lovely red head.... she drops a few points in my score card..... ok a lot of points..... unless she just wants to use it on Quinn... like forever....

barbod67

Jan 31, 2018
No hard feelings dude. Can I ask what specifically makes me seem bitter and extra upset with the game? I think I’ve been pretty fair, tbh. People have already been sharing all the good stuff while only a few have been talking about what wasn’t that good by comparison. So I decided sharing my criticism was more relevant than posting other stuff a million people already posted
It was not so much your own post that made me think so and more of how you liked almost any post that disliked or criticised the chapter, no matter if it was thought out criticism or "DPC ur sox lol". But maybe that's just me reading more into it than there actually is.

SomboSteel

May 8, 2017
To be fair not everyone is going to react the same way you do. You can't just assume how people are going to react based on your own feelings. You have expectations on how you think people should react, but that doesn't mean it will always play out that way.
that’s fair. But it still seems like a missed opportunity by DPC to reveal Tybalts relations. If the son of two faculty members was assaulted on campus (one of whom is very high up the food chain) it would big news that everyone would be talking about. Someone, somewhere with all the gossip and rumors and whatever discussing the incident would very likely have mentioned something that would bring his family ties to the surface.

Unless we are to believe that NOBODY on campus knows the family situation of Sage and Tybalt? It just seems like in hindsight that was the time for that reveal, now that it has been confirmed to be true

SomboSteel

May 8, 2017
It was not so much your own post that made me think so and more of how you liked almost any post that disliked or criticised the chapter, no matter if it was thought out criticism or "DPC ur sox lol". But maybe that's just me reading more into it than there actually is.
since it seemed like negative opinions were in the minority, I just wanted the others that were willing to share well thought out criticism that they weren’t alone with their ideas and concerns. It’s easy to have those get lost in the sea of cheat crashing issues and praise for the Bella Jill sex. And it sucks to feel like everyone loves something that you didn’t think was super great, like you somehow missed something and are now alone

FAP369ZONE

Aug 29, 2018
E8 free roam special render locations.

NB:
hotspots are bright pink, additional arrow added to a couple which are hard to spot.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Free roam special render locations for previous episodes:
Episode 7

Episode 6
Episode 5
Ha! I got all but one on my main save path... can't believe i missed that sage one (sage-6) grrr! Thanks for posting these and for previous episodes also :giggle:

Btw, i did not finish all my save paths (still playing my main save path and currently at Lynette diary scene) BUT this might be the BEST moment in the whole 8 episodes :cool:!

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
I agree the isolation of some scenes is striking. I don't think this is true and it's all just speculation and speculation, but what if DPC still hired a couple of people to help with the development?

1) Some of the scenes (for example Sandy) are quite poorly written and drawn
2) The release of a small update about Zoya will check their work. For example, I would focus on episode 9, and I would instruct them to do an interlude. (I would do so).
3) General isolation. As if they were made at different times and by different people.
Another explanation for the isolation is that DPC had to throw out some of the content and leave it for the third season. As we know from the status updates, some of the animations and renders have been removed (is it really Zoey?). Probably DPC really did not have time for the November issue and he needed to cut the storylines urgently. Something will be explained in the interlude with Zoey.

Last edited:

*POP!*

Nov 22, 2019
The special render series with Sally in this episode was amazing! Would love to see a chance for some real action with the MC, but kinda doubt that's in the cards.
Why? I get why MC should pick a LI now,not just story wise but also to make further development less convoluted. However, i strongly believe that we Will still have many options to go for in the future. Just that the impact on splitting storylines will be smaller.I mean think of it. MC is talking with her and saying that it is obvious that her Relationship is not too happy. Reasons are also obvious.Cupcake needs more fun in her life, and who would be better for that than the MC?
Especially when he is already in a relationship. No one said they should marry.

Gnarlywonder

Aug 19, 2021
Here is my unofficial android port of Being a DIK v0.8.0 + scrappy's Mod
  • Mega
Grant permission for 2nd persistent save location.

Join my
The text messages for jill in chapter 2 3 and 4 are not appearing giving a crash and soft lock Screenshot_20211122-015625.png

Sep 29, 2021
We have two examples in this game; Derek/Maya and Josy/Tommy. With the former they loved each other a lot. We have seen them embarrassing the other, but we have never seen them fight. Derek is the personification of immaturity except when it comes to Maya, where he magically becomes wise.

Meanwhile with the latter they couldn’t stand each other although I get the impression that Tommy’s dislike for Josy was far stronger than her dislike for him.

We don’t know much about the dynamics between Tybalt and Sage apart from that one cluck, which convinced me that Sage was a Burke instead of some other influential family. I was surprised by Sage being adopted as the cluck exchange showed that the two treat each other as equals. Given Tybalt’s personality I expected him to look down on Sage since she’s not a “pure-blood”.
Derek is a trope of a outlandish dude who's actually a genius that pops up in media from time to time. Guys like him who can go from being an outlandish weirdo to a person with a deep emotional depth at the drop of a hat don't really exist. He has moments of clarity beyond just Maya too.

Tommy doesn't really dislike Josy. They have a strained relationship because both of them would prefer if their respective parent was still married to their other parent. They are still siblings in an uncomfortable way as I get the impression that they have been step siblings for most of their lives at this point so they do care about one another in some way even if they don't want to admit it. Just her being in college with him means he can't party as hard as he wants to. Tommy isn't actually tough or whatever. He's kinda a little bitch.

Sage being adopted is whatever. It doesn't add anything to the story and probably makes her more relatable in DPC's mind as she wasn't "born" into wealth, just adopted into it at a very early age so it wouldn't make a difference. It wouldn't really make a difference if she was adopted or not. Burke had red hair I think.

SomboSteel

May 8, 2017
I agree the isolation of some scenes is striking. I don't think this is true and it's all just speculation and speculation, but what if DPC still hired a couple of people to help with the development?

1) Some of the scenes (for example Sandy) are quite poorly written and drawn
2) The release of a small update about Zoya will allow part of the team to send to do a meaningless spin-off to the development and check their work (I would do so).
3) General isolation. As if they were made at different times and by different people.
Another explanation for the isolation is that DPC had to throw out some of the content and leave it for the third season. As we know from the status updates, some of the animations and renders have been removed (is it really Zoey?).
on the flip side, it’s possible that this episode is disjointed and kinda sloppy because DPC doesn’t hire additional help and the project is getting too big for him.

Like look how more ambitious this game is than Acting Lessons. I feel like for someone with his skills, a game of that size is very doable for DPC by himself

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Although I don't agree with all these points I do agree with one major point which is that this update feels like it should have been split in two and that the current one feels rushed. Some dialogue lines or scenes don't even make sense (at least based on the choices I made) and like you pointed out the scene switching at times was very confusing. There are also some missed opportunities story wise that have been pointed out by others users in the comment. Apparently according to a post I read in this topic the Dev said writing wasn't his strongest point. Personally I think the writing is one my the top 5 of adult games that I played but this update just felt rushed. I personally would have love for him to take more time and delayed this release a month or two just so we could have a better ending to this season. Just my two-cents though.
I think Arigon overstates things a little. DPC was specifically saying he's not good at writing 3rd person narration for sex scenes; that's why BaDIK only use dialogue (or character thoughts) and visuals. DPC definitely has weak spots as an author, but I'm not sure how many of them he'd agree with me on.

I agree that splitting this episode in half and fleshing out the connection between scenes would help alleviate a number of problems. But I think the biggest problems are structural in nature, and would remain even if DPC spent another year polishing them.

If we HAVE to commit to a relationship for Season 3 (or commit to playing the field), those relationships need to face new challenges in Season 3. It can't just be "MC ruminating on whether [given LI] is right for him all over again." It definitely can't be "MC ruminating on whether [given LI] is right for him all over again but now with no side chicks."

Season 3 needs to be about the MC and his chosen girl(s) learning to face problems as a team, and I don't see how the return of Zoey can fit into that.

Last edited:

DrunkLuka

Sep 1, 2018
on the flip side, it’s possible that this episode is disjointed and kinda sloppy because DPC doesn’t hire additional help and the project is getting too big for him.

Like look how more ambitious this game is than Acting Lessons. I feel like for someone with his skills, a game of that size is very doable for DPC by himself
I'm starting to think the semi-open world and all the other added stuff are seriously wasting his energy while not having much positive impact on the game.

Having more game mechanics does not make it automatically better even in any games, let alone a visual novel. I applaud DPC's commitment to taking risks but this experiment, unfortunately, did not work as well as it could have been. Maybe having a separate writing team will help, but I personally think some of the problems originated from the core idea of the system rather than the storytelling.

Sep 29, 2021
I mean my sister is four years older than me and we don’t really talk besides birthdays and holidays. There is no ill will or hatred, we just don’t have much in common and she lives her life and i live mine. But if somebody assaulted her I wouldn’t just twiddle my thumbs cause we arent super close…

it just does seem weird since that was a more than opportune time for DPC to drop the “sibling bomb” on our MC
It fits in with DPC's belief that more dramatic cliffhangers and conflict are better too. He could have immediately dropped the bomb when you decked Tybalt and had a screaming match with Sage on on the lawn, or Jade could have asked him where his sister was only for him to act like he's too hoighty toighty to know and the the MC would think "Jade" has a daughter and not know anything about it because he's the most uninquisitive person in the world only for Sage to casually mention it while they're talking upstairs because she assumed the MC would be a normal person and know basic things like this.

Reactions: the_Collector

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
I think Arigon overstates things a little. DPC was specifically saying he's not good at writing 3rd person narration for sex scenes; that's why BaDIK only use dialogue (or character thoughts) and visuals. DPC definitely has weak spots as an author, but I'm not sure how many of them he'd agree with me on.

I agree that splitting this episode in half and fleshing out the connection between scenes would help alleviate a number of problems. But I think the biggest problems are structural in nature, and would remain even if DPC spent another year polishing them.

If we HAVE to commit to a relationship for Season 3 (or commit to playing the field), those relationships need to face new challenges in Season 3. It can't just be "MC ruminating on whether [given LI] is right for him all over again." It definitely can't be "MC ruminating on whether [given LI] is right for him all over again but now with no side chicks." Season 3 needs to be about the MC and his chosen girl(s) learning to face problems as a team, and I don't see how the return of Zoey can fit into that.
You're exaggerating the problem. Throughout the season, Tremolo has been asking himself who he should stay with. Yes, it was really implemented in the end quite crumpled.
But how was it supposed to be done? You ,guys, have too high expectations for the game and the engine having serious technical limitations. The funniest claim for me is that the сhoice system doesn't always work. Certainly. Not in all AAA-class games does the choice system play a role at all (we will recall the Mass Effect), and in such a technically backward engine as renpy, it was apparently not possible to implement all the variables and make a different path for each solution. It's a lot of work. The work already took 7 months, if hundreds more variables had their own variables, everything would have been confused in a heap.

Sep 29, 2021
I'm starting to think the semi-open world and all the other added stuff are seriously wasting his energy while not having much positive impact on the game.

Having more game mechanics does not make it automatically better even in any games, let alone a visual novel. I applaud DPC's commitment to taking risks but this experiment, unfortunately, did not work as well as it could have been. Maybe having a separate writing team will help, but I personally think some of the problems originated from the core idea of the system rather than the storytelling.
His problems come with trying to constantly one up himself massively each update in terms of size instead of just producing steady quality. I think at this point it's obvious he's lost control of it. The free roams are hit and miss. One big one an episode seems to be ideal, usually for the big party that happens. The minigames are all dumb wastes of time though.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes