BorgiaBou

Jul 24, 2021
Having a semi-open world AND branching while trying to tell a good story is damn difficult and surely impossible for a one-man team. Acting Lesson was the perfect size for him.
Do we know if is still a one man show for him, do we trust his word when he say this, to be honest its pretty hard to believe that given the amount of content this game has...:unsure:

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
He has so many friends .. some with benefits would not be far fetched.
We know he collaborates, so commissions from other dev collaborators would not be unheard of.
Do we know if is still a one man show for him, do we trust his word when he say this, to be honest its pretty hard to believe that given the amount of content this game has...:unsure:

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
A great review but let me disagree on this one. First we have MC who plays something that later will receive a very enthusiastic response by pretty much everyone except he've played stuff which rather suit quiet evening among friends (adaptation for acoustic guitar of some cheesy movie soundtrack I beleive? Not sure) than on-stage performance which suppose to be both encouraging for the J-girl and impress/captivate the audience. But alright, lets chalk it up to spontaneity and selected, well-meaning/supportive audience. The later Rouster reaction is no way fitting though, even Tommy somehow was impressed, lmao.

Then MC plays lets call it Jill's theme which actually encourages her to come out in order to play it together - a very simple yet neat idea but then they're playing it... in unison. I get that MC's just literally copied her shiiieet music (wonder whether the term "scores" hasn't been used intentionally) but again, that makes no sense from on-stage performance perspective. The different instruments are suppose to compliment each other, not to just 100% repeat - that's retarded.

But then we have the main recital part and oh boy: first she plays some silly tune which would fit perhaps 5th grade recital or something but not a performance by a person who as we been told is practicing music for years. Also, the tune is accompanied by some invisible background keyboard - that's just stupid.

And finally, she plays the most recognizable Chopin's Nocturne. Now we're talking, right? Yeah, kinda. I'd still prefer something way more impressive and fitting for college performance, like Vivaldi's adaptation for piano piece or even something like Rachmaninoff op.23/5. Why not? If she's a girl doesn't mean she wouldn't want to impress people by her goddamned gig.

That said, I still appreciate the DPC's effort. He could half-ass this in a far, far lazier manner. And since the subj is a massive hit, this will be some notable bar to clear for others. Like, I heared there's a game called "Become a Rock Star" almost w/o any real musical bits and rehearsals.
The thing I found the most jarring with the concert? The fucking applause. Given all the build-up over these last several episodes, it needed to sound like a standing ovation, not a few drunks cheering at a girl taking her top off in a bar.

To me the whole scene had the feel of a dress rehearsal. A mostly empty auditorium with a few friends in the isles.

I didn't hate the scene, but it was a little deflating.

Personally I was hoping it would play out similarly but at the end, back stage, Jill was on such a rush after the mc saved her bacon, she almost ends up fucking him then and there, and then they control themselves enough to get home and fuck each other's brains out.

Instead, on my first play though, after all the mc did for her, after he ran all the way to save her from a Tybalt worse than death, she acknowledged what he'd done for her and then fucking dumped him in front of the restaurant. Oh my fucking god Jill, you cunt! :eek:

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes