Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
No, since the release of the last update, he has lost 4 000 patrons. How much do you think he will lose if he makes a release a year? DPC is a smart guy and understands that 2 releases a year is the best option that he has adhered to for a long time.
No, when he released the last update 4,000 people gave him $25 to get early access to the game. That they didn't continue their membership is not at all the same thing as loosing 4,000 patrons. He went back to where he was before the release (a little higher, if I recall correctly).

Reactions: brichouse

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
Question: After the "this is my girlfriend Josy" scene, someone ever has chosen to go live with Derek instead Sage or Isabela? I´m not talking about the gameplay number 7, when you want to see everything out of curiosity, but as a genuine choice.
Hell yeah - the second Pink Rose scene is hot. You get to bang Rose in the private room. AND you still get to go to movie night with the HOTs and get the Sage scene. You do miss out on the Sarah and Melanie scene in the shower, but it still works. My no cheat Sage route (the closest I have to a main route) was staying with Derek.

Reactions: J.A.L.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

DIKs!

Right now, I'm mostly working on Steam beta testing, bug fixing, etc.

But I'm also using my PCs by posing and rendering animations for the next update.

I'm polishing the walkthrough and releasing it to the Major DIK tiers and above this weekend.

Today, I want to talk about what's coming up in Season 3.

If you haven't played episode 8 yet. Please, stop reading right now, as you will get spoiled.

I would even advise you not to read my future posts until you have played and finished episode 8.

Spoilers are incoming below this sentence.

So, what is the plan for Season 3?

As you saw from reaching the end of Season 2, Episode 9 is not the next update that I will release.

Right now, we have reached an approximate midpoint of the main story.

Where we are right now, I have planned for a special part of the game that I have chosen to call "Interlude - Riding the Waves".

An interlude is a short story in the middle of an ongoing story, and that's what's next for Being a DIK.

Season 3 will start with this shorter interlude, and after that, Episode 9 will continue where you left off.

I will release the interlude before episode 9. This gives you some more Being a DIK content faster, and it also gives a perfect opportunity to make sure that the save transfers from Season 2 to Season 3 works for all of your games.

I wanted to manage your expectations for what the next release means in terms of development and content by telling you this.

The interlude won't be as long as the previous episodes have been, and it will primarily be focused on story events, not lewd content.

It's a shorter piece of the story that's too big to be handled within an episode and focused on story events that I want to tell in a certain way.

I hope that this will come to mean that the upcoming development cycle will be shorter as well. Both the planned animation and render count won't be near what you've seen recently from me.

That said, I know that the interlude will speak for itself and be both satisfying and worth playing for any fan of the game.

I will have more information about the interlude later and tease it more with previews and status updates.

After the interlude has been released on Patreon, it will be full speed ahead with episode 9 development.

Season 3 as a whole will feel fresh and fun; I have big plans for it.

I appreciate your support, and I hope you will enjoy the journey ahead on your chosen roads.

Have a nice weekend!

Dr PinkCake
Well, it's good to know we're around the halfway mark. That's by far the clearest DPC has ever been on just how long BaDIK would be.

Beyond that, though, I'm not feeling very optimistic. DPC says the interlude will be the beginning of Season 3 and implies it will import some of our decisions from the saved game, but I don't see a good way to make that work. Episode 8 ended with a direct cliffhanger. If the Interlude doesn't address that, it's going to feel even more disconnected from the game than it already does. But if the Interlude DOES address the Burke reveal/Maya's N+1th Tuition Crisis... how exactly is this an Interlude?

DPC says it won't have much lewd content, but surely that can't be the only reason. I'd hate to have BaDIK devolve into an alternating set of story heavy "interludes" and sex-heavy "episodes." Even if we get new content more frequently, the separation of those two elements would be disastrous. So what exactly is the play here? I do appreciate that DPC seems enthusiastic about Season 3, but I'm really wondering if his notion of fun is going to synch up with mine because my enthusiasm for the game has dropped precipitously since Episode 8 launched.

I totally agree with you that this system is poorly explained but it meets its objectives:
  • Allowing the player to experience and find his affinity in the first episodes through the status.
  • Progressively restrict this flexibility in accordance with the player's behavior.
  • After a while, permanently set the affinity for the rest of the game.
  • Not to mention, Neutral status and affinity help mitigate a previous mistaken choice.
This evolution over time is rarely understood. Could this be the legacy of the ongoing development of Being a DIK? Balancing and polishing are often processed once the game is finalised.
It might do that if players were made aware of how Affinity restricts their actions, but it's almost always a hidden variable and the system itself is so poorly explained I had no idea how it worked until I started following this thread and going over the walkthroughs.

I don't hate the system because I think it does contribute something to the game, but it's very, very badly implemented even so.

Does anyone know how to report a bug to DrPinkCake about the game (other than connecting to the Discord server)?
I post the bug from episode 5 here with hope someone can pass it on or a tester read it:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
AFAIK, Discord is the only effective way to report bugs. But be careful, they will totally ban you if you report bugs for a game you haven't actually purchased.

Is there a different dialogue for Micha at the dorm party? All im getting is "She looks familiar".
Also, has anyone actually been able to get a positive swype from her on swyper yet?
IIRC, you need to have swiped up on Ida's profile in Episode 4 (the fat girl who was using Micha's picture) in order to talk to "Micha" in Episode 6. But it turns out it's just Ida again, so nothing comes of it. I think the MC will recognize Micha if he does all that, but honestly it didn't really make much of an impression on me.

no NEUTRAL and i also tried with DIK... "Others" doesnt appears
As I understand it, the Jill and Maya/Josy paths dominate if the MC is on them; you will either chose them automatically, or be forced to choose between them (and any other LIs) if you're on both. Thus you can never select Other if you were serious about romancing them.

If you're not on their paths, you will then be able to select the Others option. Of course, you'd need to be pursuing either Sage or Bella to actually see the option directly; if you were only pursuing side girls (or no girls at all!), the game will select Others automatically.

Question: After the "this is my girlfriend Josy" scene, someone ever has chosen to go live with Derek instead Sage or Isabela? I´m not talking about the gameplay number 7, when you want to see everything out of curiosity, but as a genuine choice.
As others have mentioned, Derek is the only option if you didn't pursue Bella or Sage (which I did not on my main run). Beyond that though, it's not bad if the MC is on the DIK side (since it does give us our only chance to fool around with Rose). It also gives the MC a microscopic break from his brooding to interact with Maya (via his cluck wearing Derek's pool toy), and I'll take any break I can get. Oh, and I do like the MC's discussion with Derek in this version. But overall it's probably the weakest of the three routes.

yep, everytime when i want a playthrough just for josy and maya... than i choose derek.

But i have to say, the derek choice adds not that much to the game like the bella or sage choice in this matter... there is not much going on with derek in his dorm. but some nice scenes came out of this in episode 8... the chess player and encounter of peeping Ron will add some nice scenes to episode 8 later on, but thats it

Overall i never liked the Maya/Josy storyline at the start... cause it is forced, you cant avoid maya or josy, not really, no matter what, you will make out with them, and no matter what youre doing, the MC will get feelings for both. Its the only relationship so far in the game where this is the case, and where its forced that the MC has feelings for the girls... but iam afraid, same will go with Zoey too.

And i just cant buy the outcome when youre not pursuing a relationship with them... sorry, after being hurt in this kind of way, the last thing anybody would do, is going a few days later for a deep friendship with them... nah nah never ever, especially not with maya, cause she lied big time.

I really like the Josy and Maya relationship overall, if youre going to play this route, it works very well... but the "friendship" thing just doesnt work... maybe after episode 6 or 7 it would work, cause there were several weeks between it... but yeah, not in 2 days or such... not if there are real feelings attached.
I think the friendship path works well enough - as long as the player chooses it. Yes, the MC was forced to crush hard on both Maya and Josy, but I think that's a fair call early in the game: he is a teenager, after all, and I'm a lot more tolerant of heavy handed writing to set up the main plot than I am once it gets going. Given that, it makes sense the MC would be bothered by the revelation that Maya and Josy were already a couple.

Now I certainly don't think Episode 4 did a great job showing the MC come to grips with his feelings; it spent too long dwelling on the angst and almost no time addressing the underlying concerns. But I blame that on the episode, not the M/J relationship directly. There are plenty of reasons why the MC would recognize his crush was just that and be willing to move on with the two as friends, so I can roll with that outcome even if the episode did a lousy job showing the thought process.

To me, the only case that outright fails is when the MC tries for something more and gets rejected. Not only is that rejection very badly explained (including one of those hidden Affinity checks I mentioned above), at that point there's no way being close friends could still be on the table. The MC doesn't have to hate them, but it's pretty clear that trying to spend time together would only end in more hurt feelings.

Given that the MC's friendship with the two was going to remain plot crucial into at least Season 3, it should never have been possible for the two to reject the MC. Sadly, that isn't what we got, and it really does hurt the story in that case.

I am agitated. It took us how many years to finally choose our girl. And now beach blanket bingo comes in and stirs the shit pot. I don't like it at all. I can't help it my friend. I guess DPC is throwing his own "Midterms" at us, so I guess Zoey is just another test, but I don't like her already. Can't help it.
I know how you feel. I've spent all of Season 2 feeling like the MC is far less invested in the M/J path than I am (or the girls, for that matter). We finally get to the point where the MC considers taking it seriously and not only does the episode end before he can do so, we get the splashy return of Zoey. :( It's exhausting, really.

But I don't think we need to take out our frustrations on Zoey, she's just a bystander at this point.

but what do you have to worry about Zoey?

at best it will be a distraction, at worst yet another boring setback put there to waste time. impossible to be worse than Tybalt's blackmail, but I hope it can also be better than the loan with multiple signatures with double 360° pike of Maya

if you have sex with her ( choosing it) and they catch you it's not Zoey's fault, but the fact that you are lazy and don't make enough saves

the mere appearance of her should break MC's relationship with an LI?
To be clear, I don't think Zoey is going to be anything like Ana back in AL. I expect Zoey will be a fun, likable character with a very sympathetic backstory; establishing that is probably a big part of why we're getting this Interlude.

What I worry about is that DPC is going to think that's enough to make us torn on how to reconcile Zoey with our newly chosen LI(s), and it just isn't. People who liked one or more of the LIs are going to want to enjoy seeing their OTP in action, not watch the MC try to piss it all away while whining about how hard the choice is. And people who didn't like the LIs will just have one more girl to try out.

In short I worry that Season 3 is going to be padded with a lot of ineffective drama because DPC severely overestimates his ability to make us care about Zoey; as I said, DPC went overboard with the MC's angst in Episode 4, and I don't want to suffer through a season long remix of that. The time to bring Zoey back was BEFORE he forced us to stop playing the field, not after.

I remain eager to be proven wrong, but so far I'm not seeing a realistic alternative.

it seems to me that Zoey is causing some overreaction

it is not a suspended relationship, it was a choice MC never regretted (his words) because he knew he did not love her.

he did not want to follow her because he preferred to study, he stopped contacting her because they had nothing more to say to each other and everyone was going on with his life
6 months of silence are a tangible sign of indifference.

Zoey is not even an ex in the strictest sense of the word, that returning has not even contacted MC directly, but has just passed by his house to see if he was there

then it is 100% sure that there will be the possibility of having sex with her, but if anything that will be the "big" problem, not her return

I would be much more concerned about being a customer of the restaurant and who we fucked, that in BR are all relatives
Zoey wasn't the MC's true love, but he is clearly torn up about her. He refuses to discuss the relationship with Maya in Episode 1 despite his infamous 100% honesty pledge. He's instantly melancholy when Bella asks him about Zoey in Episode 3 and he flat out says it hurt a lot when she left, even if he wasn't certain if what he was feeling was friendship of love. And he none-too-subtly tells Jamie:
Zoey_foreshadowing.jpg

I think we have every reason to worry about the MC mooning over Zoey. The good news, I hope, is that if we can make it through Season 3 we'll probably get a chance to pick our LI for real, and Season 4 will finally be about the MC and his girl(s?!) dealing with all the longstanding problems and making their way to the ending. But Season 4 is a long ways away.

I assume she teaches some sort of class not at the collage? I have never gone after her because the whole swiper thing is boring and meaningless to me. Aside from Nicole and Cathy they are all just a bunch of randos I couldn't care less about. I don't miss the app.
Nora shows up in some sort of lab during the Episode 8 closing montage (if you connect with her at the gym). My guess is she'll be part of the science class next semester the MC mentions a couple of times.

Josy is basically the draw of the M/J route. Josy is deeply in love with MC and has had several deep connection scenes. Maya and MC doesnt have that and Maya is the worst romance of the main girls because shes so boring.

#freejosy
Speak for yourself. Maya and the MC goofing around at the reception desk was one of the highlights of Episode 8.

Last edited:

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
Also shuffle can go to hell, i suck at that mini game.
Line up the top row backwards in the bottom row, then as you move them into place line up the middle row backwards on the bottom row. As you move them into place, the bottom row will automatically fall into place.

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
Yea it actually makes more sense cuz when you have gender studies she refers to cost of pregnacy test so it might have slight relation to it, I picked Sally cuz of how her mood changed in last episodes coming from normal nerd to hateful bitch
Or she's just getting sick of Tremolo's shit. I mean, he keeps fucking with her in all the D&G games ("I spank Sally!"), and then he asked what she was doing when she tried to score her meds. He's a flirty guy, and a lot of girls get sick of saying, "not interested."

Reactions: horusxcaen82

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
To me, the only case that outright fails is when the MC tries for something more and gets rejected. Not only is that rejection very badly explained (including one of those hidden Affinity checks I mentioned above), at that point there's no way being close friends could still be on the table. The MC doesn't have to hate them, but it's pretty clear that trying to spend time together would only end in more hurt feelings.
yeah should have been more clear about that... thats exactly what i meant... the friendship doesnt work if youre been rejected, just not plausible in any way, dont think anybody could handle that well without being hurt over and over again. Of course if you choose just to stay friends, its working better in this department. Didnt made that clear.

Reactions: ename144

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
New here, huh?
Not really, no. I have my old acct. linked in my signature. I spent a fuckton of time here before I got chased away by the blackmail bullshit in Ep 7. I've just returned about a week ago, if that, because I was told the blackmail thing is over with, so here I am again

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
Nah, in MC's words she left a while ago, and (at around the 2nd week of college) they hadn't talked in six months. Closer to 8 months now, so with that bangin' body we know she's not in any real trouble.
He tells Bella in the Cafeteria it's been just over a year since she left.

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
Josy is basically the draw of the M/J route. Josy is deeply in love with MC and has had several deep connection scenes. Maya and MC doesnt have that and Maya is the worst romance of the main girls because shes so boring.

#freejosy
na i would not go that far... yeah for me the connection to Josy is a deeper too, and i like her a little bit more overall... But there is very deep feelings between Maya and the MC too... its just a little bit slower in the build up. Josy and MC have already a "past" together and were each other crushes... The relationship with Maya is just starting and she thought that she is a pure lesbian (that was never the case btw, she just never met good guys)... but starting with episode 5 MC and Maya got very nice scenes were you can see how the feelings build up... and in ep8 its very clear that Maya is fallen deeply in love with the MC, but i say... it depends what choices you made so far. Especially the ep7 scene with Maya is showing how much they care for each other if you get her the TV... i think that is the point when maya realises that she is falling in love with the MC. You can see that.

But yeah i think too that the chemistry between Josy and MC is a little bit better, and she is my favorite girl so far. But to say Josy is the only draw in this thing is just not right.

And you have to consider, the whole situation maya is in, is a whole different story in realtion to Josy... she can be chipper and mostly careless, cause all this isnt really a bother for her. Of course she cares a lot about maya, but maya is falling a little bit in a depression, not easy in this state to be a lovely girl all over the place. She is mainly sad, so this is a point too why the MC and Maya dont hit it off like Josy and MC do... And the sex-hesitation plays along too.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
She only appeared for 5 seconds and already has this thread on fire my Chloe Price :love:

Some incels are not ready for her
Neil is tagging it. That hug was a little too friendly if you know what I mean. When are your parents ever that happy to see an old flame show up unannounced? My dad be like :cautious: you pregnant or something? That would be some next level trolling from DPC if he had Neil steal his son's first gf. :KEK:
I never liked her anyway. A flighty, homeless, blue-haired, surf tramp. Not at all what I look for or want.

Just like he did with AL, DPC really goes high risk high reward with this one. He bets everything that the player will instantly be smitten with a day 1 girl. Sometimes it works (Josy from BaDIK) and sometimes it fails miserably (Megan from AL...and for me, this beach minger). Personally hate being told that I have to like a particular girl the moment I start a game. Beginning a story with a gf or wife is shit. I much prefer choosing my own by meeting and greeting and then seeing if the sparks fly. The connection is much stronger that way instead of being told, "you must love this girl...because reasons." If you're going to do that in a game, then the girl had better be a perfect 10. Problem is, people will never agree on what a perfect 10 is.
Good news for me is I'll have no issue telling the blue creature to jog on when DPC presents the upcoming big dilemma choice upon her arrival. I'll happily roll with my Lily instead, thank you very much.

OFT

Jan 6, 2020
If you're not on their paths, you will then be able to select the Others option. Of course, you'd need to be pursuing either Sage or Bella to actually see the option directly; if you were only pursuing side girls (or no girls at all!), the game will select Others automatically.

I think everyone that chose Others is forgetting this little tidbit:

1638588831062.png

Does this mean that by choosing Others we're heading for an autosexual relationship? Is an Auto-Fellatio tag in this thread's future?

Along with myself, I think I'm making Derek sick...

Derek about to puke 1.png Derek about to puke 2.png Derek about to puke 3.png

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Nora shows up in some sort of lab during the Episode 8 closing montage (if you connect with her at the gym). My guess is she'll be part of the science class next semester the MC mentions a couple of times.
I don't recall ever seeing her. Then again I never even swiped her so that could be it I guess.

P.S. This fucking connection can't be fixed soon enough.

Hesteros

Feb 18, 2021
Speak for yourself. Maya and the MC goofing around at the reception desk was one of the highlights of Episode 8.
These are one of the best lines from the reception scene and showed how wild she can be.

MC: You know... Alcohol is strictly forbidden on campus grounds.
Maya: Haha, tough shit. This princess is still going to have fun.

There's also her reaction to MC's Dr. Dick line; she found it amusing.

portgasdluigi

Jul 24, 2021
Sage said she liked to see MС fucking other girls and it's weird. Perhaps this is a hint of some kind of open relationship between Sage and MС.
As long as it's just MC fucking other girls with Sage watching/joining in. Of MC and Sage (+Quinn?) will be in a loving relationship. That's the real "true ending"

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes