felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
My collected thoughts on Episode 8 and some of things that led up to it. Generally, I'll lead with what I liked about each topic this episode and then talk about whatever I didn't like after that, with short summaries above each section for people who don't have the time or inclination to read the longer explanations, which I imagine will be most of you. Fair warning – the longer explanations are long and full of subjective opinions. Let's get down to business.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

you really wrote a lot....o_Oo_O:D

two clarifications though: the scene of Jill finding out about Bella and MC is not tied to being both in a relationship with MC, it happens anyway if you eventually choose Bella, I came to it without ever having kissed Jill. but it's not as forced anyway, in the end she's a virgin who caught her married best friend having sex with a student she knows, it's okay that she's so embarrassed she runs away and has a hard time dealing with both of them.

on the question of Sage's family: Jill herself shows how it's not very believable, Jill openly doesn't want Mc to find out (that Sage doesn't want to is our guess), Jill and MC have only one person in common and that's enough for Jill's family to come out. and we're talking about the first days of college, while it's been a couple of months that eventually Sage and MC know each other and hang out, more or less romantically
the icing on the cake is that Sage doesn't even think to warn him when she asks him to accompany her.... (forget about Jacob and the DIKs who might know about MC and Jade and also forget to mention it, they are DIKs so they are idiots)

it was a poorly handled twist, little to do

J.A.L.

Nov 27, 2021
the two Preps want to have fun, but from this to openly opposing Tybalt, it's a long way off, at least as long as Burke's protection is worth something.
Well, maybe after that first step for making amends with at least two of the preps, they have another scene here and there and Tremolo become kind of a friend of them, the same way he´s kind of a friend of Magnar, for example. And then, when Tybalt make his move against Tremolo, the two of them give him some kind of information or help, even if not openly, in order of pissing off Tybalt.

It´s just speculation, obviously. Only saying that I think that if Tremolo responds "Truce" in that decision point, it could, maybe could, have a positive outcome later.

Last edited:

LordHornism

Jun 2, 2017
Does anyone have a spotify link or download link for the song that plays during Envy/Nicole's scene? Called Diverse Music - Love in game

tiofrodo

Nov 19, 2017
While either way i think the ending is an overreaction by the MC if he doesn't fuck Jade, i do think people are underestimating how much Jade will have an impact in this upcoming decision. Her reactions to the MC rejecting her, even before this chapter had made me think that she is vindictive as fuck, i do not remember about her attitude if you reject her outright but i do remember how mad she was at you if you missed your chance after showing her some hope.
So yeah, the levels of worry might not be equal between the 3 family members, and it certainly shoudn't invoke that reaction by the MC, but i think reasons for each of them to be shitty towards the MC and use Maya's situation to take advantage of him is absolutely there.

znar25

Apr 25, 2021
Jade-only path (Chick alignment) (requires a lot of use of the skip button to play all of it through but good to establish a baseline for Jade).

It started out as "Hot for teacher" and got to the point where MC can provide Jade real happiness outside her rotten husband. For all that, she is a keeper who--if the script supports this theory--will be loyal to you. In a soap opera fan-base kind of thing, she is worth the effort.

It will be interesting to see how the cliff-hanger meeting plays out on this path. I mean, realistically (again if the script supports it), Maya could be Jade's teacher/professor assistant. Maya does in fact understand Jade's course and would be value added.

Jade-or.JPG

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Well, maybe after that first step for making amends with at least two of the preps, they have another scene here and there and Tremolo become kind of a friend of them, the same way he´s kind of a friend of Magnar, for example. And then, when Tybalt make his move against Tremolo, the two of them give him some kind of information or help, even if not openly, in order of pissing off Tybalt.

It´s just speculation, obviously. Only saying that I think that if Tremolo responds "Truce" in that decision point, it could, maybe could, have a positive income later.
When MC defends Chad in front of the professors it seemed that it could really make a difference, in reality it didn't. I don't think that this decision will have big consequences either

Reactions: ename144

MasterBlaxter

Nov 10, 2017
Pendrell Thank you for the high praise! Glad people seem to like my musings.

felicemastronzo Thanks for the clarification, I'd only seen a few screens of it and as I said I don't bother with Bella's route so I had no way of verifying it myself. I suppose that twist has similar issues to the first then, if on a lesser scale. Not sure why Jill would care if Bella and the MC were fucking if he never went after her.

As for your problems with Sage's twist, I take your point about your issues with it, I just don't think those issues are deal breakers in and of themselves. The MC not knowing Sage's last name for one reason or another is within the realm of possibility for the story, given his usual behavior. It's certainly odd to me that he doesn't know - I've never dated a girl who kept her last name from me for months on end - but as I said, DPC has pulled this kind of thing before and it's not surprising to me to see it used here again for dramatic effect. DPC is no stranger to the heavy hand.

TomUK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2021
On the Jade route I got cut off when I was meant to meet her in the car park, getting a call to help one of the other girls or something, so what happens if you ignore the call for help and go with Jade instead?

tiofrodo

Nov 19, 2017
When MC defends Chad in front of the professors it seemed that it could really make a difference, in reality it didn't. I don't think that this decision will have big consequences either
Have you tried not defending him? I am wondering because i never chose the other option and just assumed that the time Chad seemed to be nice to MC was because of it.

Reactions: J.A.L.

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
On the Jade route I got cut off when I was meant to meet her in the car park, getting a call to help one of the other girls or something, so what happens if you ignore the call for help and go with Jade instead?
It's a Josy&Maya - Jade dilemma :LOL:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Have you tried not defending him? I am wondering because i never chose the other option and just assumed that the time Chad seemed to be nice to MC was because of it.
not defending him changes some dialogue, but nothing significant (at least for now)

TomUK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2021
Pendrell Thank you for the high praise! Glad people seem to like my musings.

felicemastronzo Thanks for the clarification, I'd only seen a few screens of it and as I said I don't bother with Bella's route so I had no way of verifying it myself. I suppose that twist has similar issues to the first then, if on a lesser scale. Not sure why Jill would care if Bella and the MC were fucking if he never went after her.

As for your problems with Sage's twist, I take your point about your issues with it, I just don't think those issues are deal breakers in and of themselves. The MC not knowing Sage's last name for one reason or another is within the realm of possibility for the story, given his usual behavior. It's certainly odd to me that he doesn't know - I've never dated a girl who kept her last name from me for months on end - but as I said, DPC has pulled this kind of thing before and it's not surprising to me to see it used here again for dramatic effect. DPC is no stranger to the heavy hand.
I'm not sure he knows any of the girls surnames, or anyone else's for that matter. He doesn't even know Jill's surname until Bella inadvertently tells him. Jill didn't want him knowing cause of who she is in terms of being a Royce, that's why she likes him more. With Sage she has a similar reason for not wanting her surname known, least of which that Tybalt is her brother (whether by adoption or her full brother and they got adopted together as Tybalt does say somewhere when MC says he's never known hardship, as an aside to himself and not to the MC, something about he had). Plus the only people in the game that are introduced with a surname are the teachers. The MC didn't even know what Rusty's Surname was until after the Jocks trashed the mansion.

allebady

Aug 10, 2017

Not every dialogue option is stored in the save file. There is a lot off choices that either had no effect or change. Or just changed something for that current scene only, and nothing more later on.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
With the revelation about Sage, the scene from Tybalt and MC in the showers seems to imply that he was also adopted, what with he referencing that he himself came from the bottom. Chances are pretty good that this is a reference to that.
I do love that myself and as it's true DPC knows how to trigger us one way or the other.

That's why i love browsing here and read all kind of theories/thoughts about it but yours are a class apart... love them :LOL:
Since I haven't published any theories in a long time, you get one.:devilish:

This is another one of my variations. If both Sage and Tybalt are adopted, I wonder why Stephen and Jade don't have biological children. That can really only be if either Jade can't have children and/or Stephen's swimmers are too slow.:rolleyes:

And so my crazy theory is born. Jade, Jamie's ex, and the MC once had a conversation in Genders Studies about a male or female perceiving/feeling like the opposite sex. We have an athlete who takes birth control pills and a Caleb who takes steroids or anabolic steroids. We also have a female dealer who not only deals drugs, but also stimulants. She also has a connection to Stephen. I don't know if you realize what I'm getting at yet. But all these details raise the possibility that Lynette may have died but is still alive. Why Neil could have such gaps in his knowledge of Lynette. Heck, why the MC got into college before Josy, even though he and his father couldn't afford it financially. Why nothing happened to the MC after the sprinkler attack in EP5, even though Stephen clearly saw and recognized the MC. So did Jade. Might either of them, Stephen or Jade, have a biological child anyway? I actually rule out Jade because she can have sex with the MC. Now here come all the Sage fans screaming incest. Quinn mentions to Tommy in EP4 that there is no blood relationship between Josy and him. That would also apply to this version of Sage and the MC. :unsure::coffee:

Getting back to Stephen: What if Lynette and Neil also have a three-way relationship with Jade? Lynette gets pregnant, but Neil and Lynette break up with the MC after the birth. Lynette goes back to Jade. Now the two may have the same problem as Josy and Maya. But good Lynette might take it a step too far and become Stephen. This allows Lynette (Stephen) and Jade to come out in public. But Neil wins custody of the MC in court and moves on. Lynette (Stephen) and Jade lose sight of the MC. Neil tells his son that his mother died giving birth to him to spare him and himself any embarrassment. At the age of 15, an incident occurs at school and he can't hold back anymore and contacts Lynette (Stephen) and Jade. They logically help him. But Neil has lied to the MC about his mother and that Lynette has become Stephen, they continue to hide. :oops::eek::ROFLMAO:

Of course, the MC then gets the opportunity to visit B&R. But since Stephen (Lynette) can't reveal himself to her son, everything is controlled in the background by Stephen (Lynette) and Jade. Several tests are administered. School tests and social tests. The school tests need no further explanation. But the social tests are interesting. Is he an aggressive thug, athlete, womanizer, gay, straight or BI. What if Stephen (Lynette) makes the same mistake her own father made 20 years ago, trying to control the MC's life? What if Stephen (Lynette) is looking for the right woman for her son and Mona might not be the one? That would also put Tybalt's blackmail in a new light. If he was just adopted, his inheritance would be very small and he would have to go back to the pit he once came from. But being married to a hot Jill Royce would solve that problem. Wow, what a shock for Tybaltt to find out that the MC is the only biological child in the family.:geek:

A horny, crazy theory. But something not so crazy. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

What if Stephen really is the MC's father and Zoey is Neil's daughter. And why? The way Neil hugs Zoey, I don't think any father would hug his own son's ex-girlfriend. And in EP7, the MC tells Derek that he has the same body language as his sister Maya. Compare the screenshots.:unsure:

Trojaner

Donor
Apr 4, 2018
I think in one of Jade's arguments with Stephen she mentions she can't have kids.
If this is a 100% garantie, i'm not so sure bout this sort of messages. My Aunt was told she will never get pregnant from many Doctors, but it happend after many years.

Sep 9, 2021
With the revelation about Sage, the scene from Tybalt and MC in the showers seems to imply that he was also adopted, what with he referencing that he himself came from the bottom. Chances are pretty good that this is a reference to that.
IF tybalt is adopted jist like sage. WTH I mean sage turn out as diamond and T as charcoal. Damn that ass hole !
I am quite sure that I am a guy, and also have no relation to DPC.:D

It's just that, thanks to my chess mentality, I'm always looking for all possible variations and connections to prepare for the worst. But thanks to DPC, things usually don't turn out as bad as I thought they would. That's what's fascinating to me. I often think too complicated and then DPC presents a simple, mundane, yet beautiful, romantic solution. I think he does a great job of that.:eek::love::cry::ROFLMAO:

And then to read here in the thread the different views, discoveries, opinions, theories and funny stories is just the icing on the cake.(y)
Don't you dare lie to us, your the DPC.
You are free for bs.
If this is a 100% garantie, i'm not so sure bout this sort of messages. My Aunt was told she will never get pregnant from many Doctors, but it happend after many years.
All of my mc effort . . .:cry:

Do you guys have a theory about who is the pregnant girl ?
We all are shooting in the dark . .

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: dalli_x

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
While either way i think the ending is an overreaction by the MC if he doesn't fuck Jade, i do think people are underestimating how much Jade will have an impact in this upcoming decision. Her reactions to the MC rejecting her, even before this chapter had made me think that she is vindictive as fuck, i do not remember about her attitude if you reject her outright but i do remember how mad she was at you if you missed your chance after showing her some hope.
So yeah, the levels of worry might not be equal between the 3 family members, and it certainly shoudn't invoke that reaction by the MC, but i think reasons for each of them to be shitty towards the MC and use Maya's situation to take advantage of him is absolutely there.
She may be vindictive, but she also has a heart and mind. She herself does not want her own husband to cheat on her. All the more Jade will respect it if the MC is true in a relationship, no matter which one. Now it depends on the play of each individual, whether it ends well or not. But one thing I know for sure. If the MC was honest, respectful and fair, she will help her best male student.(y)

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I'm not sure he knows any of the girls surnames, or anyone else's for that matter. He doesn't even know Jill's surname until Bella inadvertently tells him. Jill didn't want him knowing cause of who she is in terms of being a Royce, that's why she likes him more. With Sage she has a similar reason for not wanting her surname known, least of which that Tybalt is her brother (whether by adoption or her full brother and they got adopted together as Tybalt does say somewhere when MC says he's never known hardship, as an aside to himself and not to the MC, something about he had). Plus the only people in the game that are introduced with a surname are the teachers. The MC didn't even know what Rusty's Surname was until after the Jocks trashed the mansion.
That MC doesn't know Sage's family is a fact, but that he's in this situation is outside of all norms

he didn't even know the last name of Maya, which is a girl he cohabited with and his fraternity brother, only in the last chapter he knew it...

we actually don't even know the last name of MC himself....o_O o_O

This exaggerates two "not real" situations: that in BR they are all related to each other until proven otherwise, that never anywhere, in any situation Mc has discovered the surname of the people that surround him.

If I were him, from now on I would demand to check the documents of anyone who wants to talk to me.:ROFLMAO:

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes