felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
the only way for the pregnancy test to be of a LI is that it is from game to game of the LI we have chosen in the eighth, which would also be interesting but would make very little sense that such a big drama can not be unavoidable

I'd say it's the usual DPC trap to make us think the worst when in the end it will be a firecracker and not a bomb (like Lynette's letter)

Last edited:
Reactions: mindern

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
You guys seem to be forgetting that the pregnancy test shows up regardless of if the MC has sex with anyone or not. That says that unless it's bad writing, there's no way the MC is involved in the pregnancy test at all unless it's a diary entry from Lynette about becoming pregnant with him.
That being said, my theory is that it's either someone Derek hooked up with (Wendy, Ashley, Arieth or Lydia) and deduction states that the only plausible explanation for the pregnancy test in Derek's case would be Wendy as he has sex with her no matter what.
It could also be Ashley but not with Derek. It could be used to inject more drama into the Derek storyline if Ashley ends up pregnant by Anthony. Seeing as how Derek and Ashley have feelings for each other, it would serve as pretty good drama if it were to happen.
Seeing as how Heather and Tommy's relationship seems to be falling apart with Heather getting fed up with Tommy's behavior and infidelity, the pregnancy test could serve as an anchor to finally make Tommy get his act together.
Elena would make sense but it wouldn't really bring the story any further along so I don't think it would make much sense for it to be her.
Out of all the explanations I've stated above, the one that makes the most sense based on DPC's writing style is Lynette. I think the pregnancy test is just serving as conversational fuel. Simply added in to make fans talk about conspiricies and discuss it. It will more than likely be a picture added in Lynette's diary marking the event of her becoming pregnant with MC by Neil.
Then again, I would LOVE for it to be something that throws the story for an insane loop. I love stories that have that "WHAT THE FUCK?!" moment.
I'm not forgetting it, and have read enough of the thread this past week to know it appears no matter what. but it doesn't change the fact (or opinion I guess) that I still don't think it's a main girl; it's got to be side girl like Heather, Mona, Ashley (from Anthony) or even Dany or Wendy...

...but I DO agree that it could be a Lynette memory as well.

Ostap Bender

Jun 26, 2019
But the scene of Bella was something else. Seeing her in full mode "cougar", trying to kill Tremolo out of pleasure (maybe was that what happened with her husband, she fucked him so hard that he run away scared?)
I'm pretty sure I figured where's her husband
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

kyrlian

May 26, 2017
Just finishing season 2, this game is a fucking masterpiece.

Hey guys, I have a question:
What do we know about the book Quinn is reading? Seems important to her and she doesn't want to tell us about it.

mindern

Jul 7, 2017
How many surnames do we know now?

Are we assuming the adoption came with a name change and she’s Sage Burke? Maya Bailey, Isabella Roberts, Jill Royce… is Josy the only girl we don’t know?

I’m guessing her surname will have some massive reveal associated with it… like she’s Josy Hitler or Josy Joestar and it’s her destiny to defeat Tommy after he turns himself into a vampire.

Zieniuuu

Apr 6, 2020
morning in the kitchen hugs and kisses were more precious than sex :D
Yea it felt like she finally is taking a lead in their relation, when she got up and just threw herself into MC arms it was so sweet and precious. But let's be honest Bella's sex scenes were on point, especially dialogues in between like MC celebrating Bella's climax while she gave him that look( my pfp ) and then milked his soul out in the process.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
How many surnames do we know now?

Are we assuming the adoption came with a name change and she’s Sage Burke? Maya Bailey, Isabella Roberts, Jill Royce… is Josy the only girl we don’t know?

I’m guessing her surname will have some massive reveal associated with it… like she’s Josy Hitler or Josy Joestar and it’s her destiny to defeat Tommy after he turns himself into a vampire.
Josy and therefore also Tommy
MC himself

Remaining to those on which there are theories related precisely to the family of belonging

Lynette
Vinnie and Quinn
Troy and Melanie

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Just finished playing episode 8.
Aside from commiting to a girl and not many interactions with girls that are not on your path I really enjoyed this episode.
Looking forward to what DPC have in store for the other half of the story.

Question for someone who followed the discussion more closely after November 19th, what are the general opinions of the people? What people liked and disliked? What were their reaction to biggest reveals of the episode?
There's too much to cover everything. To quickly sum up, you can see my original take here. shazba had a somewhat more positive take on a lot of those elements here and here.

Excellent analytics! It was interesting to count. For my part, I would add that the Halloween party may become the main test of MС loyalty. According to Sage, there will be sex games, costumes and masks on Halloween, and the temptation to cheat the chosen one will be especially great. All the cream will certainly be collected by MS on the way of Others.
Another thing that interests me is whether the chosen LI will be able to break up with MC, and if so, what path of the girl will he take? The fact that Sage and Bella are available on all paths before this makes it seem that if you cheat Jill with Zoey, you can always start dating Sage. But again, this is too difficult to implement, but it is quite consistent with the nature of a soap opera.
Based on the rate of rate of time passing in the latest episodes (and the teaser of the mansion in Halloween regalia), I suspect the Halloween party is going to be the first test of the MC's loyalty. That's a big part of why I've gone from eagerly anticipating it to wishing we'd skip it this year. :(

Just to be clear, I'm not saying the MC shouldn't face temptation, just that I don't see the Halloween party as offering a particularly effective temptation. I like all the LIs. If my MC just committed to one (or two) of them, self-destructive, drunken antics with someone I didn't choose is an easy pass. There's nothing worse than having to endure the MC agonizing over what should be an easy decision.

Sure, people who picked Others deserve their fun. But by forcing us to commit to the choice, DPC upped the stakes. The Halloween party can't just be about sexy games anymore, which makes it feel like one of those WW2-era battleships that was obsolete the instant it hit the water. Maybe DPC will surprise me, but for now it feels like such a waste.

Have you tried not defending him? I am wondering because i never chose the other option and just assumed that the time Chad seemed to be nice to MC was because of it.
Something more might come of it eventually, but to date there's almost no difference. If you don't defend Chad, during the Episode 7 party he tells Alex the MC isn't worth it rather than saying the MC is cool.

We know Maya's and Derek's names since EP8, too. Maya Victoria Bailey and Derek Bailey. :rolleyes:

Which actually gives me a headache as well. Did Maya and Derek lie about Patrick being the father? On the one sign where Patrick can be seen selling used cars, the name is Richard. Patrick Richard and not Patrick Bailey. I think we will find out more in EP9.:unsure:
That presumes that the man to whom Rusty sells his car owns (and/or founded) the dealership. Also, it's much more likely DPC is just reusing a model and the two characters are no more related than the MC and Tommy.

Please, no more stupid lesbian/gay storyline. No more surprises about parents/brothers/sisters, etc. No more ex- appearing by surprise. No "from beggar to princeps" storyline. No more soap opera dramas. It´s enough. Can´t we have a story with good characters, witty and funny dialogues, sexy and romantic scenes, moments of "slice of life" to bond with the characters, and that's all, PLEASE? Why do we need all that forced drama, all that cheap soap opera stuff, all those far fetched plot twist and cliffhangers? To have here endless conversations about theories about nonsenses, just because we all are mighty bored of waiting for the next update?

I love this game, but I´m tired of all that. I want to see the damn Halloween party, the date with Sage, to break Bella´s bed and to turn Jill into a sex-addicted craving for Tremolo´s cock. I want more laughs with Roster and to send cute and sexy messages to Sage or the other girls. I want to spend time with the DIKs, the HOTs, the nerds and the "bad girls" Quinn, Lily and Nicole. And I don´t fucking care about the dramas of Maya and his father, the ones of Chad and the other dude, who is actually the mother of Tremolo and the sister of Jill, the Burkes and their dirty business, the ex that nobody asked to return, the mysterious husband of Isabella and all those dramas of Mexican telenovela. :mad:
I don't think it's one or the other. For all the faults Episode 4 had resolving it, I think the twist of Josy showing up as Maya's surprise girlfriend was good for the game. Likewise I think the destruction of the mansion in Episode 5 was a good moment that hit hard and paved the way for the MC's rise to glory; hosting the Halloween party wouldn't feel nearly as satisfying if the audience didn't share the sense of how tough the path back has been.

Of course, the flipside to this is that we need lulls in the drama to appreciate what's been lost or gained. If everything is balls-to-the-wall drama all the time, it loses its impact. Nothing is at stake if any winnings will immediately be imperiled before we can spend them. No sense worrying about any particular crisis, it's business as usual.

DPC excels in the slice of life material and struggles with high-stakes threats, but his instincts to have both is correct. He just needs to learn that less is sometimes more. If he keeps the scale personal most of the time and saves his powder for a few pivotal moments, he can get an even bigger narrative bang without having to strongarm the story into a series of convoluted crises.

You made some interesting points but the only thing I could think of while reading this is that this is not the story that DPC planned from the start, if he planned anything at all. All of these artificial relationship road blocks just feel like an author stretching his original concept. It all reads like a successful TV series gone bad.
Could be. We'll never know exactly what DPC had planned originally. My overall impression, though, is that the game we have now is pretty compatible with the game we saw in Episode 1. The only thing that feels like it was adapted after the fact is the '4 episode season' aspect. Episode 5 felt like it SHOULD have been the end of the first act but had to be booted to season 2 for logistical reasons. Likewise, it wouldn't surprise me if DPC leaned more heavily into things like the Tybalt blackmail plot to stretch the crossroad out from Episode 7 to Episode 8 simply to match the season end.

Other than that, though, my guess is that DPC always intended to tell the 'traditional' romcom story and then bring Zoey back as a way to test the MC's choice. The 'new' roadblocks were part of the story from day 1.

To the extent that the narrative feels repetitive, I think that's because DPC doesn't quite appreciate that Zoey's backstory on its own doesn't make her sufficiently different from the other LIs. Ideally, the rise and fall of the MC/Zoey relationship would have been the first act in its own right. Only after that would the MC move on to college, meet the new LIs and eventually settle on one. Then, when Zoey returns unexpectedly, we can share the MC's confused feelings; if we hadn't been forced to abandon Zoey, would we really have picked the new LI at all? What do we do now that we have?

Presumably, that's what DPC is going to try to do with the Interlude: make us retroactively buy into what the MC and Zoey had and thus question the decision we just made. Unfortunately, the timing is all wrong. By making such a big deal out the choice of new LI, we're instantly going to be far more defensive of that choice than the MC is. Right away our perception of Zoey differs sharply from the MC's.

On top of that, by making the "original" romance retroactive, we're going to be instinctively reluctant to commit to it fully - unless we didn't have much investment in the new LIs to begin with. Worse, if we have invested in the new LI, we want to see the MC spend time with his LI!! That last thing we want is to watch the MC hook up with a mortal threat to that LI! Yet we will be forced to endure the latter before we can get back to the former. The idea that we would ever side with the force-fed Zoey romance over the new LI after that is... let's call it overly optimistic.

In the end, Zoey's "threat" to, say, M&J, is no different than Bella's: we're told the MC has powerful chemistry with her, but we may or may not feel it ourselves. If Bella didn't edge out M&J in our eyes, Zoey won't either. (Meanwhile, if we did choose Bella, we know the player already bought into the chemistry with her. So Zoey is at best a pale copy with ~7 episodes less development to catch our interest.) Artificially elevating Zoey to be a threat to each and every other LI yields the same problem that's bedeviled many a franchise sequel over the years: it's just doing the same thing all over again with more flash and far less substance.

Thus the repetition. That's my take, anyway.

Last edited:

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
Oh yeah, I hate Zoey :mad: because she's the MC's first girlfriend and she left and now she's back :KEK: whoops

I hate her :cry:

I don't know why I hate her I have no clear reasons :unsure: but I hate her because I want to :poop:

:mad:

• Haha
Reactions: Johnyboie

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
Oh yeah, I hate Zoey :mad: because she's the MC's first girlfriend and she left and now she's back :KEK: whoops

I hate her :cry:

I don't know why I hate her I have no clear reasons :unsure: but I hate her because I want to :poop:

:mad:
eh?

Man I thought I was the only one in this thread that was talking wonky :LOL:

Fuck, ran out of reactions AGAIN for the 3rd day in a row

• Haha
Reactions: sixart

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
I mean, she is the MC's girlfriend now
That's one of the better parts of the Jill route for me. At the end you can strait up say that you are her boyfriend. Unless I read it wrong you kinda can with Sage but it doesn't have the same oomph to me. I am, and don't you forget it.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

TomUK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2021
Agreed. DIK players are going to get punched in the DIK if one of their LI's is preggo. I don't think it's a main girl thoug, none of the 5 at least, but I do think it's a HOT.

I saw Mona tagged before as possibly the one, also have seen Dany mentioned several times. Odds are it could be either, but I doubt it's a main LI
Sage was having a few bad days but I'm struggling to remember what girls outside the usual suspects the MC fucked and all them at one time got creampied, on my game the MC didn't fuck any of the girls that wanted money for sex, mainly cause I never had any. Didn't get to have sex with Jade and I got no idea who Madame is.

mindern

Jul 7, 2017
There's too much to cover everything. To quickly sum up, you can see my original take here. shazba had a somewhat more positive take on a lot of those elements here and here.

Based on the rate of rate of time passing in the latest episodes (and the teaser of the mansion in Halloween regalia), I suspect the Halloween party is going to be the first test of the MC's loyalty. That's a big part of why I've gone from eagerly anticipating it to wishing we'd skip it this year. :(

Just to be clear, I'm not saying the MC shouldn't face temptation, just that I don't see the Halloween party as offering a particularly effective temptation. I like all the LIs. If my MC just committed to one (or two) of them, self-destructive, drunken antics with someone I didn't choose is an easy pass. There's nothing worse than having to endure the MC agonizing over what should be an easy decision.

Sure, people who picked others deserve their fun. But by forcing us to commit to the choice, DPC upped the stakes. The Halloween party can't just be about sexy games anymore, which makes it feel like one of those WW2-era battleships that was obsolete the instant it hit the water. Maybe DPC will surprise me, but for now it feels like such a waste.

Something more might come of it eventually, but to date there's almost no difference. If you don't defend Chad, during the Episode 7 party he tells Alex the MC isn't worth it rather than saying the MC is cool.

That presumes that the man to whom Rusty sells his car owns (and/or founded) the dealership. Also, it's much more likely DPC is just reusing a model and the two characters are no more related than the MC and Tommy.

I don't think it's one or the other. For all the faults Episode 4 had resolving it, I think the twist of Josy showing up as Maya's surprise girlfriend was good for the game. Likewise I think the destruction of the mansion in Episode 5 was a good moment that hit hard and paved the way for the MC's rise to glory; hosting the Halloween party wouldn't feel nearly as satisfying if the audience didn't share the sense of how tough the path back has been.

Of course, the flipside to this is that we need lulls in the drama to appreciate what's been lost or gained. If everything is balls-to-the-wall drama all the time, it loses its impact. Nothing is at stake if any winnings will immediately be imperiled before we can spend them. No sense worrying about any particular crisis, it's business as usual.

DPC excels in the slice of life material and struggles with high-stakes threats, but his instincts to have both is correct. He just needs to learn that less is sometimes more. If he keeps the scale personal most of the time and saves his powder for a few pivotal moments, he can get an even bigger narrative bang without having to strongarm the story into a series of convoluted crises.

Could be. We'll never know exactly what DPC had planned originally. My overall impression, though, is that the game we have now is pretty compatible with the game we saw in Episode 1. The only thing that feels like it was adapted after the fact is the '4 episode season' aspect. Episode 5 felt like it SHOULD have been the end of the first act but had to be booted to season 2 for logistical reasons. Likewise, it wouldn't surprise me if DPC leaned more heavily into things like the Tybalt blackmail plot to stretch the crossroad out from Episode 7 to Episode 8 simply to match the season end.

Other than that, though, my guess is that DPC always intended to tell the 'traditional' romcom story and then bring Zoey back as a way to test the MC's choice. The 'new' roadblocks were part of the story from day 1.

To the extent that the narrative feels repetitive, I think that's because DPC doesn't quite appreciate that Zoey's backstory on its own doesn't make her sufficiently different from the other LIs. Ideally, the rise and fall of the MC/Zoey relationship would have been the first act in its own right. Only after that would the MC move on to college, meet the new LIs and eventually settle on one. Then, when Zoey returns unexpectedly, we can share the MC's confused feelings; if we hadn't been forced to abandon Zoey, would we really have picked the new LI at all? What do we do now that we have?

Presumably, that's what DPC is going to try to do with the Interlude: make us retroactively buy into what the MC and Zoey had and thus question the decision we just made. Unfortunately, the timing is all wrong. By making such a big deal out the choice of new LI, we're instantly going to be far more defensive of that choice than the MC is. Right away our perception of Zoey differs sharply from how the MC's.

On top of that, by making the "original" romance retroactive, we're going to be instinctively reluctant to commit to it fully - unless we didn't have much investment in the new LIs to begin with. Worse, if we have invested in the new LI, we want to see the MC spend time with his LI!! That last thing we want is to watch the MC hook up with a mortal threat to that LI! Yet we will be forced to endure the latter before we can get back to the former. The idea that we would ever side with the force-fed Zoey romance over the new LI after that is... let's call it overly optimistic.

In the end, Zoey's "threat" to, say, M&J, is no different than Bella's: we're told the MC has powerful chemistry with her, but we may or may not feel it ourselves. If Bella didn't edge out M&J in our eyes, Zoey won't either. (Meanwhile, if we did choose Bella's case, we know the player already bought into the chemistry with her. So Zoey is at best a pale copy with ~7 episodes less development to catch our interest.) Artificially elevating Zoey to be a threat to each and every other LI yields the same problem that's bedeviled many a franchise sequel over the years: it's just doing the same thing all over again with more flash and far less substance.

Thus the repetition. That's my take, anyway.

I'm hoping DPC doesn't try and legitimately have Zoey compete with the other LI (or even worse have the MC fall for her against our wishes just to create drama and repeat himself). What I am ok with is her be a lightning rod for showing established insecurities. I agree with you entirely that DPC is going to struggle immensely setting her up as a viable alternative to the established LI's but he could segue all the established jealously and unspoken feelings from each LI onto her.

MC keeps making a big deal about having dated multiple girls. Scenes like the recital aftermath has the MC talking about how he's involved with, even "dated", all these girls even if you did your best to avoid them. Im ok with Zoey basically holding up a mirror to each LI and showing them something wrong with their relationship with MC.

Zoey as a full blown LI? I’ve got reservations. Zoey as a tool to simply drive the current LI’s character development? A foil to the established LI? Yeah I am on board with that.

side note, I looked up where a character “foil” comes from… it’s from how jewellers used to put foil under a jewel to make it shine more and look better. That’s what I want. Her to come in an make the LI’s shine by contrast.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes