name88 - King of Hearts

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2017
You can already see that some of the answers are colliding - but that's what was expected because that's what I'm talking about.

About Derek - we know he cheated throughout the high school. Father isn't lenient towards him, Derek just knows how to cheat and fake things. Problem with bi - or even lesbian - theory is the fact Maya is not in a relationship. She would say if she is in that conversation with MC. And she wouldn't fake having BF - she would just say she's in a relationship. And if that's the case, father really doesn't have the reason not to pay her tuition.

I was trying to use your logic - finding the most obvious reason - and I think I found it but still, it doesn't give us a complete story. She wants to be a social worker. If her5 father is control freak, he probably wants to be the one who'll decide what will be her future - probably wanting for her to be the lawyer or something.

The problem, again, is - we don't know why she needs so much money, because not even the student's loan is enough for her. Also, that doesn't explain why her father is ignoring her on graduation photo or why she is happy only on that one photo with her friend and her brother. So, as I said - every theory about her is always full of holes. I just hope they're holes because we couldn't find the right answers and not plot holes.
I mean the only problem considering her love life comes from 1 line " I wouldn`t know anything about it" when talking about bad end to a relationship...what if she means just that,specificly that,a BAD end to a relationship?

It`s 1 thing to cheat on a test,it`s something completly different to pretend to be someone else the entire time,especially with people you live with.We have a photo of Derek being Derek form their past.(I`m pretty sure the use of word "furious" is just a figure of speech)Everything suggests the father cares a lot about apperances,maybe some kind of a politician?Politician that doesn`t want his daughter to be seen with a gf?Or like you said to have a specific career that he chose for her...

No,she`s clearly not in a relationship,it doesn`t mean that she never was,she could have been before,I`m sure she was in love before judging by the way she talks about love,she talks out of experience.I don`t think it`s too far fetched of a possibility that that someone was a girl,a lot would point to such possibility.

Are we certain she did take a loan in the end?She says something in the lines of "it`s not that simple".Does the student loan cover everything(tution,dorm food,clothing) or just the tuition?

She`s not happy with her father because he doesn`t accept her or that is her perception of the sitution,either way it`s pretty clear to me.What is that thing about her that her father does not accept,is the answer to all other questions - the ultimatum included,obviously.

laliandra

May 2, 2019
I mean the only problem considering her love life comes from 1 line " I wouldn`t know anything about it" when talking about bad end to a relationship...what if she means just that,specificly that,a BAD end to a relationship?

It`s 1 thing to cheat on a test,it`s something completly different to pretend to be someone else the entire time,especially with people you live with.We have a photo of Derek being Derek form their past.(I`m pretty sure the use of word "furious" is just a figure of speech)Everything suggests the father cares a lot about apperances,maybe some kind of a politician?Politician that doesn`t want his daughter to be seen with a gf?Or like you said to have a specific career that he chose for her...

No,she`s clearly not in a relationship,it doesn`t mean that she never was,she could have been before,I`m sure she was in love before judging by the way she talks about love,she talks out of experience.I don`t think it`s too far fetched of a possibility that that someone was a girl,a lot would point to such possibility.

Are we certain she did take a loan in the end?She says something in the lines of "it`s not that simple".Does the student loan cover everything(tution,dorm food,clothing) or just the tuition?

She`s not happy with her father because he doesn`t accept her or that is her perception of the sitution,either way it`s pretty clear to me.What is that thing about her that her father does not accept,is the answer to all other questions - the ultimatum included,obviously.
i tend to think that the key part of that sentence is "bad END to a relationship". i'm grasping at straws here, i know, but it could be that she was in a relationship and they decided to take a break rather than break up definitively. the boyfriend case seems unlikely, but a girlfriend could be the case. the way she talks about stuff like that makes it very likely she has had experience on relationships.

about the tuition, it's implied she's taking a loan for it but it seems she needs money for something else. it could be for her other basic needs but it seems to me it's something more expensive. if the HOTS pay for her tuition she could use the money from the loan on something else. idk the legality of that, but it might be what she has in mind.

now the problem with her father almost definitely revolves around acceptance. that's what the scene where she goes why are you like this, behave like a normal daughter or something like that tells us.

Minengeschoss

Nov 25, 2018
about the tuition, it's implied she's taking a loan for it but it seems she needs money for something else. it could be for her other basic needs but it seems to me it's something more expensive. if the HOTS pay for her tuition she could use the money from the loan on something else. idk the legality of that, but it might be what she has in mind.
Here's a wild idea. What if Derek has cancer? What if her dad has cancer? Maybe she needs the money for the treatment. Or as cancer was already used in AL, what if Derek needs a kidney transplant?

If the HOTs are paying Maya's tuition if she whores around, it's illegal by default, and it's procuring charges for Quinn and possible prostitution charges for Maya. If Maya does not accept whoring but still gets the money from the HOT war chest, then she's in trouble for breaking the agreement.

Blablablafapper

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2019
Here's a wild idea. What if Derek has cancer? What if her dad has cancer? Maybe she needs the money for the treatment. Or as cancer was already used in AL, what if Derek needs a kidney transplant?

If the HOTs are paying Maya's tuition if she whores around, it's illegal by default, and it's procuring charges for Quinn and possible prostitution charges for Maya. If Maya does not accept whoring but still gets the money from the HOT war chest, then she's in trouble for breaking the agreement.
I don't think DPC would reuse the same plot point. Good Authors generally don't do that in their own series's. Maya's situation is a bit tricky to comprehend given what little we know. And as vir_cotto pointed out, it's due to lack of information and not (hopefully) plot holes.

Blablablafapper

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2019
Derek could have brain cancer, thats why he acts so dumb all the time.
The cost of treatment for brain cancer isn't pretty. Forget whoring herself out, Maya might as well become a drug lord. She can do it herself, life in prison isn't worth good pussy.

Last edited:
Reactions: vir_cotto

Donos

Dec 4, 2017
I have an odd bug where the game is running in reverse unless I have AUTO selected. It starts as soon as the game starts. When I'm given the option to disable or enable mini-games, the game reverts to the previous dialogue page then asks me whether i want mini games or not. If I select skip, It'l;l jump through until you get to the first dialogue option then starts going back through the MC's backstory with his dad. Anybody else had this issue that have found a solution?

SilverFJPC21

Jan 27, 2018
hello, welcome to the "Being a DIK" thread. here you will find:
1. Non stop theories about the story/characters in the game.
2. Real life Men's and women's sex life.
3. Questions about the future of the game.
4. Random stuff.
Enjoy your stay! :D

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes