Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
but the medium continues to evolve

nowadays a VN without animation seems obsolete, probably DPC thinks that the more animations the better. it's ok, it doesn't seem to me absolutely nonsense, probably on Renpy more you can't do to modernize everything, the only way is to increase the "cinematographic" experience
AVNs yes, but there is only so much Ren'py can do. If DPC wants more mini games, more phone apps, more filler, then I think he will have to transition to another platform. I shudder to say this because I hate it for AVNs, but...Unity. Ren'py was specifically designed for the traditional visual novels, not for AAA type games and that is the direction DPC is moving toward.

hakuna-matata

May 30, 2020
I have been playing again the scene of the last chapter when the MC tells Sage about Chad being gay, and Tremolo´s attitude pisses me off. It doesn´t make any sense.

Tremolo is saying his gorgeous lover and/or friend that the fucking guy that ambushed him to attack him in the middle of the nigh, and the fucking guy that was such an asshole with him when they were room mates, that made him leave his room, are a gay couple... and his concern is the reaction of Sage!!! He doesn´t mind about Sage´s welfare after knowing that her long-time boyfriend actually is a gay that used her as an alibi. He only cares about Chad and Troy´s secret... It doesn´t make any sense at all!!!

What the hell was DPC thinking about when he wrote that scene? Fucking Chad and fucking Troy should be the last of Tremolo´s concerns. This dialogue is plain stupid:

"- Sage: What the fuck are you worried about?
- Tremolo: Like I said before, I´m worried about your reaction. It´s a huge thing I´m about to tell you. If you don´t react well to it, I´m gonna feel like shit for more than a reason."

Seriously, why the fuck would Tremolo care about Chad and Troy way more then about Sage´s welfare? Sage should have punched fucking Tremolo in his face, and not because anger management issues.

"- Sage: You care about those two and their fucking secret more than you care about me???? Your concern is not that I´m going to feel like shit, but that maybe I´m going to get angry and confront fucking Chad in front of his subhuman mates about being gay and using me for more than a year as an alibi in order of not being suspect of liking men instead of women? Go fuck yourself, Tremolo."

Again, I don´t know what was DPC thinking about when he wrote that scene. A character is gay an into the closed, and suddenly that becomes the most important thing for everybody? :FacePalm::FacePalm::FacePalm:
I honestly think it was done pretty badly, especially the scene where she "confronts" Chad. After he lies to you and uses you for years, the best you can say is "I believe you"!?! I don't give shit when people say "It's not up to you to out them". What Chad did is absolutely disgusting and despicable. You can't just use and lie to people like that.

#FuckChad

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
For Episode 8 DPC made 4158 static renders in nearly 7 months, so ~600 renders per month (or ~140 statics/week).

Sadly, DPC's last update also mentioned how he's working on adding longer SFW animations to the Interlude, so it's entirely possible the Interlude will be massive and time consuming. Doesn't mean it automatically will be, just that we can't rule out the option. We really can't say much of anything for sure, and DPC refuses to give us a baseline beyond ~40-60 minutes of gameplay.

I think February is a reasonable guess given all the uncertainty, but it's wildly speculative.
it was 2 months actually I made a mistake
Seeing the numbers DPC can now pull in 2 months (1000 renders and 115 animations), I wish he could dedicate a small amount of time to remaster the Episode 1 over a season, which was only about 1300 renders and 50 animations.

The feedback I had when I make people find out about that game was how horrible the renders of the MC home looks.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
but it makes no sense

Becky isn't a HOTs and she didn't even try to become one, so she heard the same rumours that Maya did, what does it add that Becky heard it too? nothing, we already know that Maya isn't lying, and we know that almost everyone is aware that there's this rumour going around

That it's a hot code is Maya's deduction but without foundation.

but the medium continues to evolve

nowadays a VN without animation seems obsolete, probably DPC thinks that the more animations the better. it's ok, it doesn't seem to me absolutely nonsense, probably on Renpy more you can't do to modernize everything, the only way is to increase the "cinematographic" experience
'nowadays a VN without animation seems obsolete'

I really don't think that's a given standard. I like several games with hardly any animation at all even in the sex scenes. In fact if a dev can't produce high quality animations I would prefer that they don't include them at all.

Reactions: Laehtsia

Garen

May 6, 2017
I have been playing again the scene of the last chapter when the MC tells Sage about Chad being gay, and Tremolo´s attitude pisses me off. It doesn´t make any sense.

Tremolo is saying his gorgeous lover and/or friend that the fucking guy that ambushed him to attack him in the middle of the nigh, and the fucking guy that was such an asshole with him when they were room mates, that made him leave his room, are a gay couple... and his concern is the reaction of Sage!!! He doesn´t mind about Sage´s welfare after knowing that her long-time boyfriend actually is a gay that used her as an alibi. He only cares about Chad and Troy´s secret... It doesn´t make any sense at all!!!

What the hell was DPC thinking about when he wrote that scene? Fucking Chad and fucking Troy should be the last of Tremolo´s concerns. This dialogue is plain stupid:

- Tremolo: Like I said before, I´m worried about your reaction. It´s a huge thing I´m about to tell you. If you don´t react well to it, I´m gonna feel like shit for more than a reason."

Seriously, why the fuck would Tremolo care about Chad and Troy way more then about Sage´s welfare? Sage should have punched fucking Tremolo in his face, and not because anger management issues.

"- Sage: You care about those two and their fucking secret more than you care about me???? Your concern is not that I´m going to feel like shit, but that maybe I´m going to get angry and confront fucking Chad in front of his subhuman mates about being gay and using me for more than a year as an alibi in order of not being suspect of liking men instead of women? Go fuck yourself, Tremolo."

Again, I don´t know what was DPC thinking about when he wrote that scene. A character is gay an into the closed, and suddenly that becomes the most important thing for everybody? :FacePalm::FacePalm::FacePalm:
I completely understood what DPC was thinking with that scene. In fact the way Tremolo went about it was exactly how I wished he would ever since we found out last update.

Reactions: ksuha and EthanP.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

I really don't think that's a given standard. I like several games with hardly any animation at all even in the sex scenes. In fact if a dev can't produce high quality animations I would prefer that they don't include them at all.
I agree 100%, I'd much rather faster updates with good static renders than wasting time on bad animations.

But by the same token, I'm usually not a statistically relevant demographic, either. It's possible major AVNs aren't viable without animations these days.

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
And I know that you or others and right now reporting this comment. And that only proves me right.
Paranoid much ? :p Does not matter really... if this post gets deleted for ANY reason it was definitely someone others fault... right ?! :KEK:

• Haha
Reactions: Catlyn

Garen

May 6, 2017
I understand too. It´s called mainstream thinking and political correctness. Mindset of bigots and religious-zealots changes along the times and adopts different forms. But I´m talking about characters having a coherent and logical mindset, not the politically corrected one.
I don't care much for political correctness. What I saw was a very balanced response from Tremolo. He was already for Sage just forgetting about the entire issue and moving on with her life. It was never about revenge or getting even for him.

Also I interpret his words as being caring towards Sage, not Chad/Troy. He preps her before hitting her with the news because it can never be pleasant for a girl to find out her boyfriend was gay and their relationship was always a facade. Additionally unlike 'cheating with a girl' which Sage can expose without issue and care, exposing Chad's sexuality will end up making Sage hate herself later because at heart she is a very kind girl. Tremolo understands that.

If instead of all ^that, Tremolo had asked her to forgive him or something simplistic like that, I would've agreed with you.

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
If DPC wants more mini games, more phone apps, more filler, then I think he will have to transition to another platform. I shudder to say this because I hate it for AVNs, but...Unity
Would also solve his problem with mods because modding Unity is harder than running the game through UnRen and editing the files

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Kellermann

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
I agree 100%, I'd much rather faster updates with good static renders than wasting time on bad animations.

But by the same token, I'm usually not a statistically relevant demographic, either. It's possible major AVNs aren't viable without animations these days.
It would be really interesting to see some polling on the subject. I hope that animations aren't just a conceit that some dev's have adopted.

Seriously 9/10ths of the AVN animation I've seen just isn't worth it. And some games that I've seen do way more erotic work with just stills and dialogue.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
You clearly haven´t read the dialogues. Tremolo doesn´t say to Sage "I´m worried about you". He says to her "I´m worried about your reaction" and "I´m worried about feeling myself like shit". Again:
"-- Tremolo: It´s clearly a secret they don´t plan to reveal. And that´s why I wasn´t sure if I should tell you or not".

I´m talking about the things that are written in the dialogues, not about interpretations. Why the fuck Tremolo would feel like shit about Chad and Troy´s secret? They are the guys that have harassed him for weeks and, worst of it, they have hurt Sage for months or even years. I don´t even think that Sage should feel bad for exposing Chad´s sexuality. He has been making her miserable, again, for months or even years. Why suddenly Chad and Troy´s secret is so important for the people that they have been harming with that secret and their behavior? My answer is: political correctness.
Tremolo will feel shitty for two reasons if Sage reacts badly to this.:unsure:

He hurts Sage by telling her that Chad is gay and not even BI. Sage might snap again and go off on Chad or Troy. The MC has been training her. Tremolo would then have some sort of complicity in both of them.:unsure:

Reactions: RukiRG and MrD812

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

mine was clearly a generalisation, but I was simply talking about the modernity of a product; its quality is a completely independent matter

Good animations, very fluid, even in an ugly game, make me think of a modern, "futuristic" product.

AVNs yes, but there is only so much Ren'py can do. If DPC wants more mini games, more phone apps, more filler, then I think he will have to transition to another platform. I shudder to say this because I hate it for AVNs, but...Unity. Ren'py was specifically designed for the traditional visual novels, not for AAA type games and that is the direction DPC is moving toward.
about minigames, you're preaching to the choir, but even there the will of DPC is clear, it has replaced very amateur games, with more advanced ones

about fillers it's hard to answer, it depends on how you look at it but in reality a lot of AVN is simply filler, which you may or may not like.

I think the relevance is that it could eventually lead to Maya learning about the restaurant (with much ensuing drama)a, but if so I expect it will take most of Season 3 to get there.

More importantly, Becky is friends with Sarah, who DOES know all about the free tuition.
Please don't fall into the amnesia trap...

Maya doesn't need Becky or Sarah: MC knows everything!!!!! they just need to talk to each other.

p.s. Becky doesn't seem particularly bright to me, I don't think Sarah confides in her

Garen

May 6, 2017
Why the fuck Tremolo would feel like shit about Chad and Troy´s secret?

I don´t even think that Sage should feel bad for exposing Chad´s sexuality.
We fundamentally disagree on these two points. Exposing a personal detail about someone, especially something that vulnerable just doesn't sit right with me.

That said I don't like how Sage dealt with Chad after. I think she should've totally told him she knew about him being gay and as such, demanded a public apology from him as part of their breakup (sans revealing the real reason).

In addition, another point we disagree on is Chad himself. Despite everything that's happened in 8 episodes, I don't hate Chad. I just think he's a dick that Sage needs to remove from her life pronto.

Reactions: mightybored

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
You clearly haven´t read the dialogues. Tremolo doesn´t say to Sage "I´m worried about you". He says to her "I´m worried about your reaction" and "I´m worried about feeling myself like shit". Again:
"-- Tremolo: It´s clearly a secret they don´t plan to reveal. And that´s why I wasn´t sure if I should tell you or not".

I´m talking about the things that are written in the dialogues, not about interpretations. Why the fuck Tremolo would feel like shit about Chad and Troy´s secret? They are the guys that have harassed him for weeks and, worst of it, they have hurt Sage for months or even years. I don´t even think that Sage should feel bad for exposing Chad´s sexuality. He has been making her miserable, again, for months or even years. Why suddenly Chad and Troy´s secret is so important for the people that they have been harming with that secret and their behavior? My answer is: political correctness.
It seems to have escaped your notice, but Sage clearly cares about Chad for whatever reason. If Sage did out Chad in a moment of rage - especially accidentally - it's very likely she'd feel really bad about that later on once she cooled off. It doesn't matter that she logically shouldn't, or that you disagree with her feelings, it's just how human beings work. That's why the MC is worried about Sage's reaction, IMHO, even if he cares far more about Sage than Chad.

mine was clearly a generalisation, but I was simply talking about the modernity of a product; its quality is a completely independent matter

Good animations, very fluid, even in an ugly game, make me think of a modern, "futuristic" product.

about minigames, you're preaching to the choir, but even there the will of DPC is clear, it has replaced very amateur games, with more advanced ones

about fillers it's hard to answer, it depends on how you look at it but in reality a lot of AVN is simply filler, which you may or may not like.

Please don't fall into the amnesia trap...

Maya doesn't need Becky or Sarah: MC knows everything!!!!! they just need to talk to each other.

p.s. Becky doesn't seem particularly bright to me, I don't think Sarah confides in her
The MC only knows everything if he signed up for the restaurant, and even then it's not clear he knows the full scale of the deal.

If he refused, he seems to know Camila is charging for sex at Quinn's order, but he doesn't know she's getting her entire tuition paid. Becky might know those crucial details, though I'd be surprised if she knows about Burke.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
We fundamentally disagree on these two points. Exposing a personal detail about someone, especially something that vulnerable just doesn't sit right with me.

That said I don't like how Sage dealt with Chad after. I think she should've totally told him she knew about him being gay and as such, demanded a public apology from him as part of their breakup (sans revealing the real reason).

In addition, another point we disagree on is Chad himself. Despite everything that's happened in 8 episodes, I don't hate Chad. I just think he's a dick that Sage needs to remove from her life pronto.
Curious how in the same chapter there are two instances of people revealing the sexuality of a third person, there's MC being able to reveal to Sage about Chad, and there's Maya telling Josy about how she told Sage about their relationship (Josy doesn't really react very well).

in both cases there is "a greater good" that allows this violence to be justified (at least for me it's a violence)

The MC only knows everything if he signed up for the restaurant, and even then it's not clear he knows the full scale of the deal.

If he refused, he seems to know Camila is charging for sex at Quinn's order, but he doesn't know she's getting her entire tuition paid. Becky might know those crucial details, though I'd be surprised if she knows about Burke.
even if he's not a client, he knows that Quinn offers this service, I'd say he knows a lot more than Becky (who, as dalli_x reminds us, is stupid even in Derek's eyes) should know from Sarah, who, unlike Becky, seems a lot smarter than any Mona.

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
he knows that Quinn offers this service
Quinn offered him the service but Quinn never told him what it was about, the MC at this point does not know anything if you do not believe me trie to see it for you, this point I think I will make it clear in a past post
No really the MC don't know anything

When you give Camila a drink on EP 7

She invites you to her room
View attachment 1558996 View attachment 1558997 View attachment 1558998
Then she tells you this View attachment 1558999
The MC replied that why would he tell her? (Quinn)

And she just answered like this View attachment 1559001
Then Riona enters the room and of course if you want to have a threesome with her Riona talks to Camila in a low voice and says this to Camila View attachment 1559003 View attachment 1559004 View attachment 1559005 View attachment 1559007 View attachment 1559008
With Riona the dialogue does not change, it is the same only that neither of them charge the MC for fucking, they both do it for "free" they only want to fuck with him
View attachment 1559009
Melanie and Sarah if it is necessary to accept Quinn's offer but with Riona and Camila it is not

I feel like the two of them are the most likely to leave Quinn.
Because if the MC knew he wouldn't have asked Camila "why was he going to tell Quinn?"

He would simply tell her "I won't say anything to Quinn"

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes