felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
You say it yourself, her father controls the money, that's the whole issue, the story isn't essentially changed either way, her motivation and what she does or how she interacts with the people around her doesn't change...
People falling over the what and how and then swinging a book of law to prove something is just out of proportion.
It happened early in the story, we're 1,5 - 2 years later now, DPC did not choose to make a change and is simply continuing the story as is canon.... None of us consider this to be a gamebreaker, we still play BaDik and read and even comment here.
unfortunately this cannot be the case

once we establish (which DPC establishes) that Maya even if she found the money for college, or gave it up would still have her life ruined because of the co-signed loan, this becomes a part of the plot, we can't forget about it

These are all elements that are deliberately and explicitly included in the story, not theories and assumptions.

to say: Burke doesn't just give Maya a scholarship, that would only give extra time to solve the problem, but it wouldn't solve it. Maya needs 2 scholarships, one to attend and one to pay the loan

Mr. NoNose

Nov 12, 2021
Does anyone know how to reset the game? I deleted my saves but all the unlocked renders and rewards are still showing. I wanted to start fresh for my second playthrough.

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
Dammit I knew she was a closet lesbian all along!
God no, I hope not. But I bet she secretly loves them bad boys (like Magnar for example), but she just won't admit it. Yet. :Kappa:

This?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Are you talking about this?
View attachment 1598695
I don't know how it will affect but that route was where I ignored her throughout the game and I get the final scene with that swan or are you talking about the scene where the MC thinks and flashbacks of the girls come out?

Because there I didn't get any but I had to move in the variables to activate Sage's and I got Riona, Camila, Lily and Nicole because if you don't have any route with a Li the MC just choose others without the flashback
I got the swan scene on the route where I didn't pursue any LI (not even the side-chicks). So that route will be interesting in the future, to see how it will turn out.

I was talking about the Quinn bench scene, where you see Bianca's boyfriend. Though that might be triggered by the roof scene in episode 4.

varage

Jun 26, 2019
Basically you have to be a Chick, you need to do her tennis date, choose fight for Jill, to have went to her picnic date with her in episode 6 and then help her with her recital. Then you should get the option to choose her route.
You also need to date rape her which he tried to white night his way through.-kidding about date rape i mean the make out session when she's talking about dating rusty.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Basically you have to be a Chick, you need to do her tennis date, choose fight for Jill, to have went to her picnic date with her in episode 6 and then help her with her recital. Then you should get the option to choose her route.
for now it is apparently not necessary to help her with the recital, it is enough to console her afterwards...

Reactions: Lostanddamned

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
to say: Burke doesn't just give Maya a scholarship, that would only give extra time to solve the problem, but it wouldn't solve it. Maya needs 2 scholarships, one to attend and one to pay the loan
Now that's just overthinking the problem... Worst case scenario is her father getting the money she eventually needs to pay back for her education, she needs to pay that back eventually anyway so that doesn't change anything....
But the fact that remains is she will no longer be dependent on her father when she gets a scholarship so alot of her current problems get solved that way... The way to Josy is free and tuition is paid so she can continue her studies....

And aslong she is attending B&R she can prove she can't start paying back yet so if her father decides to say she doesn't study she can just prove her case and show proof of the scholarship or proof of attendance... Either the loan is for the full term and she can prove she does just that or the loan pays per semester and they will terminate further deposits but still refrain from demanding paybacks till her studies are completed, in that case the father will even receive less money and ultimately Maya will need to pay back less aswell!

Reactions: felicemastronzo

varage

Jun 26, 2019
There is one thing that can solve all these plot problems and give this game the ending that it deserves. it starts with an F and ends with an E and DPC loves them can anyone guess?

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Now that's just overthinking the problem... Worst case scenario is her father getting the money she eventually needs to pay back for her education, she needs to pay that back eventually anyway so that doesn't change anything....
But the fact that remains is she will no longer be dependent on her father when she gets a scholarship so alot of her current problems get solved that way... The way to Josy is free and tuition is paid so she can continue her studies....

And aslong she is attending B&R she can prove she can't start paying back yet so if her father decides to say she doesn't study she can just prove her case and show proof of the scholarship or proof of attendance... Either the loan is for the full term and she can prove she does just that or the loan pays per semester and they will terminate further deposits but still refrain from demanding paybacks till her studies are completed, in that case the father will even receive less money and ultimately Maya will need to pay back less aswell!
but now you're making assumptions just like the ones we'd be wrong to make...

of course with a scholarship (which we still don't know if Burke will want or will be able to give her) Maya would be in the ideal situation she thought she could get with Quinn's free tuition (which was just to buy her time), but there is still the problem of the loan to pay back

the father could continue to play dirty, and could do so because it is a double signature loan (he could re-discuss it, ask for an integration etc.)

however as you see you can't simply say that Maya's father controls the membership money. you have to deal with what we have been told.

Many for example think that the solution will be to simply tell Maya that she has been cheated.

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
but there is still the problem of the loan to pay back
Currently she has to start paying back the loan after she finishes her studies but she is dependent on her father to pay for her to attend college, thats all leverage he has.... A scholarship takes away that leverage...
But it also means she will continue to study hence there will be no significant difference in paying back the loan....
She can start paying back the loan after her studies in both scenarios...

Reactions: Heycock and dalli_x

BeingADikDik

Engaged Member
Apr 17, 2021
but now you're making assumptions just like the ones we'd be wrong to make...

of course with a scholarship (which we still don't know if Burke will want or will be able to give her) Maya would be in the ideal situation she thought she could get with Quinn's free tuition (which was just to buy her time), but there is still the problem of the loan to pay back

the father could continue to play dirty, and could do so because it is a double signature loan (he could re-discuss it, ask for an integration etc.)

however as you see you can't simply say that Maya's father controls the membership money. you have to deal with what we have been told.

Many for example think that the solution will be to simply tell Maya that she has been cheated.
I feel like I'm having a stroke reading these discussions about scholarships and loans.

When Maya and father took out the loan to pay tuition, the source of the loan PAID the tuition directly. The only one that needs to get paid back is the loan source. If Maya gets a scholarship, then those funds would pay back the loan source directly in lieu of Maya and father. The principal balance on the loan would decrease. If the scholarship can fully pay off the loan, then Maya's father has no financial leverage over her (though the family drama would persist and is the real issue that needs to be addressed, NOT the loan - Maya's approach to the problem is all wrong, as she's still running away from the core issue rather than directly confronting it).

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
I got the swan scene on the route where I didn't pursue any LI (not even the side-chicks). So that route will be interesting in the future, to see how it will turn out.

I was talking about the Quinn bench scene, where you see Bianca's boyfriend. Though that might be triggered by the roof scene in episode 4.
Oh yes this scene
screenshot0317.png
But I don't know why you got another :ROFLMAO:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Currently she has to start paying back the loan after she finishes her studies but she is dependent on her father to pay for her to attend college, thats all leverage he has.... A scholarship takes away that leverage...
But it also means she will continue to study hence there will be no significant difference in paying back the loan....
She can start paying back the loan after her studies in both scenarios...
because you assume that it is a normal student loan and the fact that it actually is is not confirmed anywhere. if it is (normal), her father cannot dispose of it as he pleases by deciding whether to pay the tuition fees each time or not.

everyone makes their own assumptions

I feel like I'm having a stroke reading these discussions about scholarships and loans.

When Maya and father took out the loan to pay tuition, the source of the loan PAID the tuition directly. The only one that needs to get paid back is the loan source. If Maya gets a scholarship, then those funds would pay back the loan source directly in lieu of Maya and father. The principal balance on the loan would decrease. If the scholarship can fully pay off the loan, then Maya's father has no financial leverage over her (though the family drama would persist and is the real issue that needs to be addressed, NOT the loan - Maya's approach to the problem is all wrong, as she's still running away from the core issue rather than directly confronting it).
If the money was already paid to BR Maya's father would have no leverage even now.

and Maya like any student would only have to pay off the loan at the end of her studies.

which is clearly not the case.

Heycock

Jun 30, 2020
(though the family drama would persist and is the real issue that needs to be addressed, NOT the loan - Maya's approach to the problem is all wrong, as she's still running away from the core issue rather than directly confronting it).
Wich would be the solution? I mean how she could solve the problem from that angle?

BeingADikDik

Engaged Member
Apr 17, 2021
because you assume that it is a normal student loan and the fact that it actually is is not confirmed anywhere. if it is (normal), her father cannot dispose of it as he pleases by deciding whether to pay the tuition fees each time or not.

everyone makes their own assumptions

If the money was already paid to BR Maya's father would have no leverage even now.

and Maya like any student would only have to pay off the loan at the end of her studies.

which is clearly not the case.
B&R has already been paid. Schools don't let students enroll without paying their bills at the beginning of the semester.

The payment schedule is moot. Whether Maya is on the hook now or after she graduates, she perceives the same problem. In fact, if loan repayment is deferred until after graduation (as is usual), then that just extends the leverage her father has over her throughout her studies as she accumulates debt.

Again, the issue is really not financial - Maya needs to confront her father to resolve this issue.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes