shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
You may not like this, but I suspect that Zoey will become a major part of the 'main story'. Otherwise, I doubt that DrPinkCake would bother with this Interlude episode. If I am right about that, DPC will try his best to make us care about Zoey.

EDIT: If this Interlude is only backstory, he could have done that with a flashback scene.
The Interlude pretty much is a back story, but DPC said it was going to be a bit bigger so he figured he’d release it first rather than just release it with episode 9 in one hit.

If he didn’t do shit, and just released Zoey’s extra long backstory as part of the episode 9 release, no one would be carrying on so negatively, “I don’t give a shit about Zoey, I just want episode 9!”.

It pretty much is the start of episode 9, just like all the other prologues were part of the episodes they preceded. He’s just giving it to us in advance.

Who would have thought that giving us something in advance would have resulted in so much whining. :rolleyes:

Like I said before, he should have said nothing and just released this episode 9 out of the blue and been all like, “Surprise motherfuckers! Here’ episode 9’s prologue in advance!” Everyone would have been like, “Cool.”

mindern

Jul 7, 2017
The Interlude pretty much is a back story, but DPC said it was going to be a bit bigger so he figured he’d release it first rather than just release it with episode 9 in one hit.

If he didn’t do shit, and just released Zoey’s extra long backstory as part of the episode 9 release, no one would be carrying on so negatively, “I don’t give a shit about Zoey, I just want episode 9!”.

It pretty much is the start of episode 9, just like all the other prologues were part of the episodes they preceded. He’s just giving it to us in advance.

Who would have thought that giving us something in advance would have resulted in so much whining. :rolleyes:

Like I said before, he should have said nothing and just released this episode 9 out of the blue and been all like, “Surprise motherfuckers! Here’ episode 9’s prologue in advance!” Everyone would have been like, “Cool.”

I’m waiting for people to realise it takes DPC time and effort to make scenes for all the girls they don’t like and Zoey “delaying” Ep9 with her interlude is not a new thing.

This Zoey backstory is delaying Ep9? Just wait until people find out every single episode has come out later than it could have because (shock horror) DPC was making Maya/Jill/Josy content! (I’m out of the loop who people hate nowadays).

Point being, if people don’t like Zoey then by all means ignore the interlude just like they ignore any route they’re not interested in but DPC isn’t “delaying” anything by making an mini-episode about a character.

Heycock

Jun 30, 2020

I’m waiting for people to realise it takes DPC time and effort to make scenes for all the girls they don’t like and Zoey “delaying” Ep9 with her interlude is not a new thing.

This Zoey backstory is delaying Ep9? Just wait until people find out every single episode has come out later than it could have because (shock horror) DPC was making Maya/Jill/Josy content! (I’m out of the loop who people hate nowadays).

Point being, if people don’t like Zoey then by all means ignore the interlude just like they ignore any route they’re not interested in but DPC isn’t “delaying” anything by making an mini-episode about a character.
Now imagine after episode 9 ends, there is a nice big render who says:

"Coming next: Interlude. A story of depression and plastic surgery".

And the lovely face of Madame.

AssMan14

Feb 10, 2022
Even during the conversation with Bella and in the flashback itself, it was clear that Zoey is a very important topic for MC. First love, spending a lot of time during the extension, misunderstanding how friendship flowed into love, and the realization that he fell in love with her only after she left to San Diego. Already then, she seemed to me a very interesting character and I even had a hidden feeling that MC gonna see her again after while.

I can understand one thing, probably everyone has "favourite" LI, considering that at the end of episode 8 the biggest choice takes place. Therefore, many people do not like Zoey, since their choice has already been made, and they don`t wanna another girl which they will reject. But suddenly a DPC will burst into the MC's life and say, are you sure about this? Look at Zoey...

Probably the DPC will try to cause the player with the help of Zoey doubts, mixed feelings and questions about the are the choice was hasty?

it will definitely gonna be interesting interlude ;) I played Being a DIK first, and then Acting lessons, and DPC is very good at writing stories, because he does everything his own way, as Nile would say, he follows his heart.

Last edited:

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
I suspect that Zoey will become a major part of the 'main story'.
Even during the conversation with Bella and in the flashback itself, it was clear that Zoey is a very important topic for MC.
E8-Zoey-hard-time.jpg
I think any relationship with Bella, in the real world, would be doomed.
Of course, Bella doesn't have a reputation as a crazy axe murderer for nothing you know...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Hey guys, do I need to redownload the whole game file if my version is 0.7.2?
From here to the OP, yes
No you don't, there's an .

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
but I don't understand exactly how Lana would have died in a way related to this theoretical relationship
Hmmmm... death by snu snu?

Right, because dramatically changing the focus of a game in a shocking twist has never caused controversy for DPC before. :rolleyes:

If you'll pardon the expression, letting Zoey hijack Episode 9 without warning would have been playing with fire. Sure, if people enjoy her content the surprise might be a bonus, but what about the people who would have waited 5+ months to see the MC and their chosen girl(s)? Spending the first hour of Season 3 on a relative interloper would encourage them to blitz through her scenes to get to the good bits, which in turn would only make it harder for them to sympathize with Zoey when she later parachutes into the frame to snog MC and lead him away from the player's OTP. I sincerely doubt that ends well.

I've made my reservations with the Interlude clear, but I think it's undoubtedly a better alternative than trying to shoehorn Zoey's overdue development into a megasized flashback in Episode 9 proper. The pushback DPC is getting isn't because he's wasting time on Zoey to the exclusion of the others, it's because he stopped his own narrative progression to spend time on Zoey. He's going to get flak for that no matter how he packages it, and he has only himself to blame.

Even during the conversation with Bella and in the flashback itself, it was clear that Zoey is a very important topic for MC. First love, spending a lot of time during the extension, misunderstanding how friendship flowed into love, and the realization that he fell in love with her only after she left to San Diego. Already then, she seemed to me a very interesting character and I even had a hidden feeling that MC gonna see her again after while.

I can understand one thing, probably everyone has "favourite" LI, considering that at the end of episode 8 the biggest choice takes place. Therefore, many people do not like Zoey, since their choice has already been made, and they don`t wanna another girl which they will reject. But suddenly a DPC will burst into the MC's life and say, are you sure about this? Look at Zoey...

Probably the DPC will try to cause the player with the help of Zoey doubts, mixed feelings and questions about the are the choice was hasty?

it will definitely gonna be interesting interlude ;) I played Being a DIK first, and then Acting lessons, and DPC is very good at writing stories, because he does everything his own way, as Nile would say, he follows his heart.
It sounds like a good idea on paper, the problem is that the odds are stacked against Zoey. It's exceedingly hard to write a character that everyone loves. It's much easier to write several characters that will each be loved by smaller groups of people. Within the group any one of the characters may be the most popular at a given time, but no one character completely dominates the others.

The problem is that the crossroads forced all of us to pick our favorite character, THEN introduced Zoey to shake up that dynamic. While I'm sure Zoey will be a likable character, she isn't going up against a random girl, she's going up against each players favorite. She's far less likely to come out on top in that matchup than she would if she were merely another one of the group competing against all the others straight up.

That doesn't mean Zoey is going to be a bad character, not by any means. But it does mean the 'bait' DPC is using to make players question their decision is likely to feel underwhelming compared to the initial decision.

We'll see if DPC manages to shoot the moon and make Zoey the rare, widely beloved LI, or if he has some other tricks up his sleeve to tilt the balance. But so far he's given me no reason to be particularly optimistic. I respect that DPC is willing to follow his heart, but reinventing the wheel often wastes a lot of time on an inferior product. :(

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Something wicked this way comes....

SanchoMod proudly presents:
Being a DIK v0.8.2 - MultiMod - Fully Cocked Edition
View attachment 1673298

Go get you some.

Please enjoy. The most comprehensive v5 of SanchoMod to date. This is my personal use mod used to test and deploy new features found in all previous SanchoMod v5 shares. This package is huge and has a ton of features, including fully dynamic integrated guides, gui options, cheats, gallery all fully toggle enabled. I hope you find at least one feature beneficial to your experience. Remember absolutely everything can be toggled on/off as desired and on the fly. Complete information and exhaustive previews can be found on the mod's thread. Regards, be well and enjoy the fruits of literally hundreds of hours of work.

- Sancho

Temporary Note: Thread link above pending moderator approval, please be patient. Thread is live.
A quick bump since I pushed it out way too early this morning. Regards and enjoy.

Summary of some of the features included:

Last edited:

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
I was testing the saves and I got one from Jill with an error when I loaded it and luckily I make several backup saves to avoid this type of error

varage

Jun 26, 2019
but I don't understand exactly how Lana would have died in a way related to this theoretical relationship

a suicide? if it was because of the moral condemnation of her family then Jill could hardly have "forgiven" her family, if instead it was because of the way Bella kept or ended this relationship, in the same way Jill could hardly have ever become best friends with the woman who led her sister to unhappiness and then to death

we are constantly reading Bella's thoughts, and for someone who is responsible for the death of a girl (and her best friend's sister), it seems to me that the only guilt she feels is towards her husband.

apart from the fact that they might have known each other I see very little to support this theory.

Maya + Josy
Chad + Troy
Lana + Bella

when you don't know who the other one is and why no one talks about it, it's always a homosexual relationship
Suicide Going out getting drunk and driving recklessness I Dunno if you've ever been through a bad break up but I don't think I drove under 80 miles an hour for a month. Depressions a bitch even if you wouldn't kill yourself doesn't mean you wouldn't put yourself in harms way on purpose.

Also, I think your forgetting Jills an angel Just because you couldn't forgive something doesn't mean she can't and as I said. Even if this isn't the case her sister is Most likely dead, but she doesn't seem to have bad blood with her parents who are at fault for this NO MATTER what did happen to her sister because her parents kicked her out and made her fend for herself which she obviously did poorly.

And what does support it IS A The fact that Bella indeed did flirt with a student before which is why Jill gets upset by her asking if it's happening AGAIN and all. B Bella is a family friend so likeliness of a runaway daughter running to her is likely.
What doesn't support it I'll admit is the most cryptic line Bella has ever said in the game to this day.
Bella "I've become what I hate." "I'm an adulteress."

This to me seem's like maybe she was cheated on or her parents maybe had issues with it. The fact I'd like to focus on is.
Jill gets upset no matter what when you and Bella are together MC could ignore Jill from start of game to finish and she still gets upset when she see's MC with Bella meaning she's upset with Bella not MC.
Jill see's MC and Bella Flirting and askes if it's happening AGAIN meaning it's happened before. With whom is of little issue but it could be why James is not in the picture right now and for three years prior.

I'll also admit Jill looked to be about 12 in her flashback which would leave about 2 years unaccounted for between James leaving Bella. She would a had to be around 14 or 15 when that scene took place for this. Or Lana's relationship would have to last a pretty long time before whatever happened happened.

Either way it's just a theory.

Last edited:

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
There is a theory about that. Of course you are right with what you wrote. It is about the side of the coin when the MC Maya warned.

But what if the MC does not warn Maya?

In the EP5 Hangout of Josy/Maya/MC, we see the list of Quinn's tasks that Maya and Josy have to do. Some tasks are already crossed out, so they are done. Among them are sexual tasks that are already done.

When the MC is with Maya, the sexual tasks that had to be done with a man are done with the MC (end of EP3). But making out with a woman, which is also done, Maya definitely didn't do with Josy. How also.

Josy and Maya have sex for the first time in B&R in EP6, which can be inferred from Maya's thoughts during sex. But that's in EP6 and the list is from the end of EP5.

If the MC doesn't warn Maya, Maya will probably have done that job with Quinn. Yes, Quinn. In EP3, there is a Rooster entry from Quinn where Quinn writes that she and Maya spend some time with mother and daughter. Also in EP3, we find a Quinn-branded lollipop on Maya's wall shelf. See spoiler. This lollipop was put there specifically by DPC because the lollipop is not there before and after. But that probably only happens when the MC doesn't warn Maya.

If the MC did warn Maya, I suspect there are three possible candidates. KRJ, Ashley, and Sarah. But there is only weak evidence for this and is therefore speculative. But Josy has seen the evidence videos and knows which girl did it. She is pretty shocked.

I tested it and the sucker is there whether or not you warn Maya about Quinn (plus we know that even if we do warn her Quinn still plays tonsil hockey with Maya at the pool party).

Reactions: Walter Victor

Heyesey

Sep 28, 2017
However, I have the fear so that this or the videos will reappear. Arieth is a technical idiot. What if she pressed some buttons while watching the videos and unintentionally forwarded them to someone? :eek::ROFLMAO:
She's most definitely dumb enough to be capable of that. The feeling I get, though, is that they held the phone while she watched, rather than risk her pushing any buttons at all - but there's no proof whether this is right or wrong.

if DPC is as drama-obsessed as people think, then you're right, those videos are coming back up.

Reactions: dalli_x

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
Uh oh! Do you really want to start a war with every European on this thread? :ROFLMAO:
No, they've enough to worry about at the moment. But I'm pretty sure they still hold their knife in the right hand? Bella herself mostly does it the right way round too, surely another sign of an impending psychosis. ;)

• Sad
Reactions: felicemastronzo

znar25

Apr 25, 2021
Uhmm dude you know not everyone spends their entire life on this site to know everything that's being posted,some of us have personal lives, I literally haven't been on here for a while so gee yourself
Excuse me sir, this is an exclusive club and we take this very seriously. Please watch your language. It is also a requirement that you wear a tie. :ROFLMAO:

Bill_Murray_Caddyshack3.gif

Last edited:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Suicide Going out getting drunk and driving recklessness I Dunno if you've ever been through a bad break up but I don't think I drove under 80 miles an hour for a month. Depressions a bitch even if you wouldn't kill yourself doesn't mean you wouldn't put yourself in harms way on purpose.

Also, I think your forgetting Jills an angel Just because you couldn't forgive something doesn't mean she can't and as I said. Even if this isn't the case her sister is Most likely dead, but she doesn't seem to have bad blood with her parents who are at fault for this NO MATTER what did happen to her sister because her parents kicked her out and made her fend for herself which she obviously did poorly.

And what does support it IS A The fact that Bella indeed did flirt with a student before which is why Jill gets upset by her asking if it's happening AGAIN and all. B Bella is a family friend so likeliness of a runaway daughter running to her is likely.
What doesn't support it I'll admit is the most cryptic line Bella has ever said in the game to this day.
Bella "I've become what I hate." "I'm an adulteress."

This to me seem's like maybe she was cheated on or her parents maybe had issues with it. The fact I'd like to focus on is.
Jill gets upset no matter what when you and Bella are together MC could ignore Jill from start of game to finish and she still gets upset when she see's MC with Bella meaning she's upset with Bella not MC.
Jill see's MC and Bella Flirting and askes if it's happening AGAIN meaning it's happened before. With whom is of little issue but it could be why James is not in the picture right now and for three years prior.

I'll also admit Jill looked to be about 12 in her flashback which would leave about 2 years unaccounted for between James leaving Bella. She would a had to be around 14 or 15 when that scene took place for this. Or Lana's relationship would have to last a pretty long time before whatever happened happened.

Either way it's just a theory.
that Jill is essentially "good" does not mean that she is forgiving, in fact what little there is of her in the game makes me think the opposite, she seems to me a person with a moral compass quite rigid, she may be an angel, but she believes in hell and that some people deserve it (especially those who do not like picnics ... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: )

if Bella, in that scene, thinks she has become what she hates, it means that before she hadn't been, otherwise it wouldn't be news, a shock

this however applies if we assume Zoey will be a "new LI" or something very close. it seems pretty hard to me that halfway through the movie a main character will be introduced...

for now we only know that she will be the "new loan", the "new blackmail", i.e. the new setback that MC will have to overcome, that will leverage feelings, guilt, a nostalgia that DPC has yet to convince us to have (and I think this is the main task of the interlude)

so we can be hopeful, in a sincere and optimistic way, that she will be a good segment of the story (she won't struggle to be better than her two predecessors), but I can't find any real reason to be happy about her arrival, unless one is so saturated with the events of all the LIs and pseudo LIs that one wants to be distracted

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes