sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
The conclusion is what Zoey and the MC were to each other. Maybe will be again.
That ship has sailed my friend... if you are a Zoey zealot ( how could anyone be ??? she only got introduced now... ) you do it deliberately but if you played the game you most certainly found someone by the time you reached EP 8 endings that you like... and would love to see where it goes with her... NOW putting Zoya back in the picture is a shameless stirring on the shit pot :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :KEK:

hakuna-matata

May 30, 2020
Someone once told me that if you are going to be saying all the time, for example, that you are not going to like a movie and you are going to be like that all the time for months and when you see it you keep saying the same thing over and over again, do not expect otherwise to what you have always looked for
That's not 100% true. I didn't think I was going to like GOTG and Ant-Man. I was actually expecting them both to be garbage. I ended up liking both.

• Haha
Reactions: AchedCroissant

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
The quality of the interlude is good, but the timing is not. Even if we believe DPC when he said that Zoey's story is integral, it only means that the storytelling is poor because we've had 2 seasons for 2+ years where Zoey simply doesn't exist. If we really need an interlude for whatever reason, IMO it'd make more sense to make it about the existing girls instead of introducing a new character. There are definitely some girls that could use more character background story.
Interlude:

"The definition of an interlude is a pause in something, such as a play, or is an intervening period of time in between two other things. A break in between your morning and afternoon work is an example of an interlude. An intermission between two acts of a play is an example of an interlude."

This "Interlude" comes at the midpoint of the game (DPC has said we're about half way through the game), so timing wise, as an Interlude, it comes at the exact right time.

An "Interlude" about the characters that have already been driving the game so far wouldn't be an interlude at all, it'd just be more of the same.

Was it enjoyable? It was fun. Did we need it? Possibly not, the same could have been relayed in significantly less time.

The big question is, did DPC need it? I'd say he probably did. He's been churning out BaDIK now, at breakneck speed, working long hours on the game with hardly any time off, for more than three years. Maybe he needed a change of scenery so to speak. Give the man his due.

My only real criticism of the Zoey story is it hasn't raised any new questions.

It's the unanswered questions that fuel the fan base, and this Interlude simply opened and closed a book on Zoey's recent past. But at the end of the Interlude, the only things people are wondering is what is up with Sage, and who are the Vixens (those two questions have stolen Zoey's thunder) . :unsure:

mommysboiii

Oct 17, 2019
ok this is a kind of a joke you play a female cheracter that is very open mindet and adventoures and she never has sex and acts like a none ?? I actually dont understand how the dev can put so much effort in drawings and the notebook and the music that he choose and trys everything to make a relistic game but than goes for the generic harem game why so much hassel if he goes for generic harem game I actually wawnt to understand this guy???

varage

Jun 26, 2019
I find it strange that he used Life is Strange as an inspiration. I always thought that he took ideas from Bully, to be honest, but maybe it's from both.

Overall though, without going too much into spoilers - Interlude was better than I expected it to be. Zoey was well-written and defined, her motives were clear and we found out there were reasons behind each of her actions (unlike some other characters written in the story, which make you scratch your head).

But most importantly, Zoey was relatable, at least to me as a person, unlike other characters in the game like Jill, Bella, Rusty, Sage, Quinn or Chad.

We all have dreams and ideas and you have to be very brave to leave everything behind to chase them. Her Nana storyline is beautifully written and at the same time, it's heart-wrenching, it's emotional. I've already said it in an another thread, it's probably the first time I got so emotionally invested in a VN and it seems that DPC has kicked his writing up multiple notches (or maybe it's because the episode is smaller in size and he isn't as rushed as to get things done in time so he can outdo himself once again).

The part where we define Zoey's character is questionable, since she really isn't the MC, so we'll see the outcome of it in the next episode probably. I'm assuming it's going to be something related if she'll be a DIK or a CHICK character depending on our choices.

But overall it's been a very very good update, even though I was very sceptical of it at first. I'd even go as far as to say that its probably in the top 2 updates of the game in terms of storytelling.

But the worst thing is having to wait for the actual episode 9 again. I'm hopeful we'll get it sometime in July or August, since with the Interlude out of the way, it's going to be a smaller update, but my gut tells me that it will probably be a late-September or early-October release.
Something i wondered about the interlude. Is MC always a chick? I loaded in a neutral play through and the MC was always put down by Zoey for being girly does that change if you're a dik play through? You know song about two bowling balls next to the national monument.

varage

Jun 26, 2019
I enjoyed the interlude a lot sure it was shorter then a normal update and a lot less sex but it was very good.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
She could be mad she could be concerned. I'm leaning to concerned as a red Herring. He see's the picture runs to the bathroom freaking out he locks the door and Sage is just worried and confused.

Mar 18, 2019
Oof, this one was painful. I get what this was going for, but there is literally nothing that could possibly get me to care about this girl in any way, shape, or form at this point in the story. To me this just feels like a kick in the nuts with a wrecking ball. There is nothing I fucking hate more than a forced relationship in games (which fucking so many of them start off with), so this is a kind of a new pain to me. Instead of making me hate the game from the start make me hate it in the middle when I'm already invested in other characters. I'll still put my faith into Pinkcake that he will allow us to just tell the girl to fuck off like we can with the others, but maaaan will it fucking suck getting to that point.

To be fair it's mostly me. I don't give a shit about relationships, so if I am presented with a choice I will either choose to just fuck around, or end it if that is not an option. That is why Sage friendship ending actually surprised me with how well it was done. This one mostly feels like that character I was playing all this time is suddenly not that guy anymore and the game is going "no, no, he's ACTUALLY THIS guy! fuck you and your roleplay!"

Bleh.

Last edited:

27X

Oct 30, 2019
ok this is a kind of a joke you play a female cheracter that is very open mindet and adventoures and she never has sex and acts like a none ?? I actually dont understand how the dev can put so much effort in drawings and the notebook and the music that he choose and trys everything to make a relistic game but than goes for the generic harem game why so much hassel if he goes for generic harem game I actually wawnt to understand this guy???
Maybe look at the text underneath the TEEHEEHEEHEE BOOBAYS HEEHEEHEEE the next time you play, because that text is actually the game, and change out game for word:

Reactions: Irgendwie Irgendwo

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
She could be mad she could be concerned. I'm leaning to concerned as a red Herring. He see's the picture runs to the bathroom freaking out he locks the door and Sage is just worried and confused.
good point I can see that

Reactions: varage

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Something i wondered about the interlude. Is MC always a chick? I loaded in a neutral play through and the MC was always put down by Zoey for being girly does that change if you're a dik play through? You know song about two bowling balls next to the national monument.
One of Zoey's more endearing qualities is the extent to which she busts MC balls and eggs him on to be more confident. But you can tell it comes from a place of love, even if it seems more like the relationship two guys would have. I don't think that this canonically locks him into DIK or Chick behavior prior to the start of the game but it was always subtlely implied that he was closer to the Chick affinity in high school.

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
But at the end of the Interlude, the only things people are wondering is what is up with Sage, and who are the Vixens (those two questions have stolen Zoey's thunder) . :unsure:
You know if this ^ is true then Zoey didn't have a thunder to begin with... which in my opinion IS the case but you all decide it for yourself as you see it ;)

Heycock

Jun 30, 2020
and who are the Vixens (those two questions have stolen Zoey's thunder) . :unsure:
Guys, if someone is lost about who those three girls at the end are...

Edited with images.

They are all new aditions of ep8, they were all at the dorm part.

screenshot0001.png

The goth of the left with crying eyes is the best known. We saw her in four legs being sandwich by two guys and later on during the tests. Yeah, she is that girl.
53 Slutty goth girl.png

The brunette of the right is also at that party in the dancing zone, with naked tits, hard to forget. She is in the same room as Kilye and Christie and KRJ.

49 Dancing tits.png

The redhead in the midle with air hostess dress it's a little less prominent but she also was at that party. She is wearing a white dress, dancing with a nerd in the same room with Jacob, Clara and Maya.

51 Background girl.png

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes