SuccubiGames

Nov 30, 2020
I see a lot of people trashing this and I get why. It's basically an hour or two of exposition. That being said, it was very necessary. If you started a relationship (which you probably did if you played all 8 episodes), why should you care about Zoey coming back and possibly creating a wedge there? Everyone would be like "fuck this girl, I'm staying with whoever I chose". DPC is going to throw everything he can into creating conflict for this new relationship the player has. Zoey is just one of many. I think the problem was, DPC realized the player isn't going to give a shit about Zoey at all. Hence, the interlude was created.

Reactions: Carnagie

enfuego

Feb 10, 2018
I'm sorry this story was incredibly toothless, she has a friends with benefits in her hometown, she leaves to Cali and makes a life for herself, explicitly avoids any relationship or casual sex despite being shown that she loves the latter and then decides to give it all back up and chase her first unofficial boyfriend.

There's no point in making a erotic story with a protagonist who can't fuck anyone because you need her to be untouched for the fans of another story's protagonist, this was utterly pointless.

For the record I'm not saying DPC should have her get fucked a bunch in this, that goes against what his funders want. I'm saying he should have come up with a different story entirely or not have done an interlude at all.

SomboSteel

May 8, 2017
I see a lot of people trashing this and I get why. It's basically an hour or two of exposition. That being said, it was very necessary. If you started a relationship (which you probably did if you played all 8 episodes), why should you care about Zoey coming back and possibly creating a wedge there? Everyone would be like "fuck this girl, I'm staying with whoever I chose". DPC is going to throw everything he can into creating conflict for this new relationship the player has. Zoey is just one of many. I think the problem was, DPC realized the player isn't going to give a shit about Zoey at all. Hence, the interlude was created.
dude, this is exactly why people think it WASNT necessary lol. its more drama for drama's sake, in a game thats already filled to the brim with drama

Bolero

Jan 20, 2018
I do not know about you guys, but being a dik without Bella or Jill is not being a dik to me. This could have had a completely different title to be honest. Ended just skipping the whole game. Was not interested in it at all. Many disappointing updates from big games lately, feels like it is all going downhill in this industry.

TomUK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2021
Someone do me and favour and tell me the first safe code in the MC's house, having to start from the beginning again as my computer died and am now playing on laptop. I have tried to search but only seem to find the season three code.

walker188

Apr 30, 2017
And than these three girls at the end to announce "Vixens" iam afraid, there will be three new girls to the game, why iam afriad of that? come on, we already have way to many girls .... And there is just no need for any "more" distractions.....
Too many?
No need for more girls?

What kind of Dik are you?

The only way there are too many girls is if the mansion is about to burst if even one more XX chromosome human is forced into it, destroying my precious $50 windows.

There are not, nor will there ever be, too many girls.

Just kidding, theres way too many girls. When i saw those three, I literally reversed course and hoped for an Acting Lessons fire to thin the herd. I could spare Heather and all the strippers except for Old Boobs and Lily. And we can test Jill for witchcraft by checking if she floats.

Cooling Prob

Mar 7, 2019
I do not know about you guys, but being a dik without Bella or Jill is not being a dik to me. This could have had a completely different title to be honest. Ended just skipping the whole game. Was not interested in it at all. Many disappointing updates from big games lately, feels like it is all going downhill in this industry.
Agree

SuccubiGames

Nov 30, 2020
dude, this is exactly why people think it WASNT necessary lol. its more drama for drama's sake, in a game thats already filled to the brim with drama
Yeah, it could've been done better. But I think DPC realized he was stuck with what he had after a certain point in development.

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
Does somebody have a torrent for this update?
Ya one was posted some pages back - look for posts from somebody named Thrway (and some numbers after his name), I think they posted it. I flagged the post to request it to be added to the OP.

Deleted member 3917737

Jul 12, 2021
Do not bother, it has none of the characters from the previous games, so choices u made make no difference.
So, what is the point of asking for a previous save if it doesn't matter? If that was the case, it should just let you play it without the need of one. I deleted all my saves, so, I can't even start the interlude and if I look at the "saves" post, I don't understand how to transfer one of those save files into the Interlude zip so I can play it.

Reactions: BOBJevent

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Isn't Quinn an official LI already? It'd be pretty stupid if she still weren't, considering Chloe wanna-be gonna be one in virtue of forced drama alone.
She's not one of the 5 on the recap at the end of each chapter (Jill, Bella, Josy, Maya, Sage)
It's complicated though. At no point has Quinn had her own "relationship points" (all the main 5 LIs have these as a measure of how the relationship is going). There's no "pathQuinn" variable behind there scenes, where there are "pathJill", "pathIsabella", "pathSage" and "pathMayaJosy" variables.

Also, when you choose a girl at the end of Episode 8, you can directly select any of the girls mentioned above, those selections are now known as "branches": "branchMayaJosy", "branchJill", "branchIsabella" and "branchSage". There is no "branchQuinn". The only other branch (when you choose "other") is "branchAlone" (but we all know it's not really alone :sneaky:).

But... When you choose the "alone branch", if the mc's relationship with Quinn is significant, a picture of the mc and Quinn is shown, just like a picture of the mc and the other LIs is shown when you choose them. If the mc's relationship is not so good with Quinn, there's just a picture of a tree or something.

So Quinn is kinda hanging on there for dear life, trying to get a foothold into the coveted "LI Status", but she's not quite there yet. Will she ever make it? I don't know, but there's definitely going to be more of her to come.

You are forced to play the interlude at least once before episode 9 :4Head:
Nah, no one is forced to play the Interlude, you could, like, go and make a sandwich or something...

with how long it takes between updates, its not hard to understand why people dont want a detour. im not butthurt over it, but it seems unnecessary. if DPC wanted us to know this stuff about Zoey and MC, he could have made a little slideshow with all this information and then devote the bulk of his time to the new content
This is not a detour. It's a backstory for a character that's likely to become prominent. Just like some other characters have had backstories, this one just happens to be a bit longer and a little more interactive.

I just think people are very ignorant. It is just an "extras" to the game. Just like some devs make "Christmas extras" in their games, such as DPC did a while back. He decided to give us something else extra as we wait for the next season. But people are all mad and shit. If you wanna keep your LI's do it. If you wanna give her a go, do so. It should be our choice after all, but at the end of the day our choices are based on what the dev writes.
Except it's not an extra. The "Christmas extras" in other games are mostly a waste of time. They are not canon, they offer nothing to the main story, and are there for some fan service but really just delay development of the main game.

But some of them are really funny and enjoyable, and given these games exist for enjoyment, then it's pretty much "mission accomplished".

This Interlude, however, is not an extra. It's backstory for an existing (but mostly neglected until now) character.

it may be "extra", but no matter how you slice it it took time away from development of the main game (which already takes forever between updates). this interlude was not insignificant to make, tons of renders and animations and writing and proofreading and rewriting and so on and so forth. if DPC made this because it is "integral", then there are other more efficient ways to disseminate this information to the players than this interlude.

thats a logical reason for people to not like that it exists, tbh
Okay I've just played whatever this is. Now someone needs to convince me about this wasn't a fucking waste of nearly 4 months.
It took about 2-3 months off the development schedule, starting around Christmas time.

DPC could have taken a 2-3 month holiday after pretty much hammering BaDIK out since late 2018, but instead of recharging by taking a massive break (like every other lame-ass developer in this field who suddenly suffers some form of mental health issue and needs to take a year off), he tried something a little new, but still relevant to the rest of the story.

It definitely didn't need to be as long as it was. At least it didn't need to be for the sake of getting across what was conveyed (i.e. Zoey still hasn't fucked anyone other than the mc, and she's now back in the story), but maybe DPC needed to do this for his own sake.

But to discard this Interlude... There's not a single aspect of the game that 100% of all players like:
  • Some want M&J to be side lined because they "cucked" the mc,
  • Some hate that Josy and Maya are "forced" on the mc,
  • Some wish DnG to have never existed (because it took away from development of the rest of the game),
  • Some don't like Jill and would have preferred that dating her was never forced on the mc,
  • Some don't want Zoey to come back (because it complicates things),
  • Some don't want the Interlude (same reason as DnG),
  • and so on...
If all those random dislikes were catered for, the game would be something else instead of what we have. And what we have is a monumental effort from a single developer whose product is an extremely entertaining, very, very professional product.

All I want DPC to do, is keep up the good work.

Last edited:

SuccubiGames

Nov 30, 2020
Which is pretty asinine, if you ask me. People who were gonna eat up the forced drama would have eaten it up with or without this interlude, Maya and Josy exist afterall, while people who weren't still aren't. And in my case i'm pretty disappointed too, other than being lowkey worried over just how much of this stuff we'll be force fed.
Really hope I'm wrong about this but it feels like DPC is using this to create one piece of drama to get in the way of the player's relationship. If that's the case, it is pretty ridiculous. Still, as a developer myself, I can't be mad at him. Sometimes you get to a point in development where you realize you fucked up and you have to make the best of it.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes