Nov 18, 2019
If you are talking about the Interlude release, it is a prelude to Season 3 of the story. But none of it affects any of the characters in any of the previous 2 Seasons... yet. It remains to be seen how much (if any) effect it will have on future releases. Variables are saved, however, which should have some effect.

A new character is introduced who (it is assumed) will impact the life of the MC and those around him. How that impact plays out will depend on us in future choices, as DrPinkCake allows us to make them.
Thank you for the answer, i've seen things a little more clear now, let's see how affect the whole story

Reactions: Walter Victor

JETracktor

Apr 14, 2021
The problem is that Burke has never behaved like a caring father and loving husband. He even used the prep party to get to know the right people. He could really hate Diks, but only because of Rusty. Tybalt has much more reasons for destroying Diks and Jocks.
Remember what Sage told about how her parents behave?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Stephen may not behave like caring father but it doesn't mean he's not.
I am not saying he's loving husband, I would say opposite. But that parents instinct kicks (sometimes wild) not just with women.

In the last episodes Tybalt has completely become a joke, he doesn't look an antagonist at all. But his father is.
As for Stephen licking butts on prep party - even Jade confirms they don't need money but Stephen always going for it.

Tadpol

Mar 22, 2021
As for no NTR... since when is that a reason to refrain from implying things? It's not like you will see a npc saying "you can't rape me, since no NTR!" makes alot sense storywise...
Because unfortunately we're getting to a point where we know that to avoid trouble, developers won't do anything that comes close (even very very far) to NTR. Even implied.

If at some point in the game Maya finds herself in a situation where she can solve her problem by selling herself to a generous donor, we won't believe it for a second. We will know in advance that it will not happen.

In the game, other than with the MC, there is almost not a single hint of the girls in the restaurant seeing other customers. This makes the theme of prostitution in the game quite strange. There is only Mona with whom the theme was suggested, and
strangely, she is no longer in the story.

Reactions: felicemastronzo

Gregk

Jun 19, 2018
I see a bunch of posts about this Interlude plot, but not about how to start playing it.
I have this problem:
I deleted the install of Season 2, just saved the game saves folder.
I tried copying a Season 2 save to Interlude saves folder, with no luck to start playing.
Do I need a full install of Season 2 to transfer a save and play Interlude?
How did you guys did it?

playcoc

Oct 9, 2017
Can anyone please help?
After installing the new version chapter 3,
Whenever I'm trying to continue the game with my previous save (version 8.1) it's giving me an error message. (I'm using the android version).

And all the android version links are dead. what to do?
if anyone can help, it would be much appreciated.

bZokko1

Feb 2, 2019
As someone who played the current complete game and got this last short Zoey chapter so close to the rest of it, it also failed to make me care that much about Zoey.

She made some mistakes and now wants to come back to have a heart to heart conversation. She had a strong relation going with MC, but that's it. Before I got to play this last chapter I thought pinkcake would make us care about Zoey in more ways than this, to compensate being gone half the game or more.

One way I thought it would pan out was that Zoey had become wildly successful (front cover of a magazines, local tv, blogs etc. for her skills and/or pure luck), to the point she was famous in LA area and she was being haunted by fame she didn't really ask or want for. Regardless she is now set on the path for immensely successful lifestyle and everyone is getting ready to leach on to.

She remembers MC and time before this and want to go back to rekindle a love or at least deep friendship she was blind for, a love for the “before” Zoey that was and not the famous Zoey she is rapidly becoming. This Zoey has something to bring to the table for multiple personalities and reasons to rekindle love and friendship with.

Right now she is dealt an incredibly weak hand for anyone to care about her, and it wouldn't surprise me Zoey would end the game as the least loved character in the game behind Bianca?, the girl Maya hate with a burning passion, other than Quinn.

However it might be by design, so she easily shut down by all paths except the Other path. Pinkcake needs to limit the scope somehow I guess.

Sage & Jade, Bella & Jill, Maya & Josey causes plenty enough drama by default.

Maybe her character reason of existing, is to make Quinn jealous and force her to confess feelings in the most broccoli way possible.

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
Can someone help me... ? I have the season 2 export on my Android emulator (Blustacks) and downloaded right now the mac vesion of season 3. Where should I copy the export from Android to be able to play... ?
Shouldn't it go into the save folder ? For Ren'Py games on Mac that's ~/Library/Renpy/(name of game + some number).

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
In the game, other than with the MC, there is almost not a single hint of the girls in the restaurant seeing other customers.
That's exactly what i said, prostitution with more then MC as a single customer is implied in the game, now showing it would possibly mean the NTR tag, implying it will not.

If at some point in the game Maya finds herself in a situation where she can solve her problem by selling herself to a generous donor, we won't believe it for a second. We will know in advance that it will not happen.
You really gonna bet it will not happen when this same dev let us make a choice for one girl to survive while the other died in a burning house? We might not think it's likely but with his history it's still not a safe bet.... Or it's just the last drop for her and other bad things happen, jumping off a building from despair is less unlikely but still can fit the story.... The point is we as player are following the story and can guess but we also know there will be twists and we know it might not go as we think it would, you can't just say that's not gonna happen, the story is there, there will be some climax, we just don't know where and how at this time.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
in my opinion making Zoey the protagonist of the interlude was a winning choice, just because we practically didn't know her, in this way we can, as players, make her what we want (even if probably this will not have much impact on the next story)
in this case in my opinion is much more pronounced the difference between the choices Chick and those Dik, Zoey Dik is not a girl who wants to have fun and says inappropriate things, but is really a bitch who treats badly all those around her, the dichotomy is much stronger than with MC in the normal game.

instead from the point of view of the narrative in my opinion had a problem due to the excessive speed with which events unfold.
in BADIk we are used to chapters of 5-6 hours of gameplay that cover a couple of weeks, in the interlude an hour of gameplay corresponds to several months, this different speed leads to the fact that everything seems too fast: Zoey is as confident before leaving as insecure as soon as she leaves, after the first lesson in the sea she already doesn't like surfing, she meets Emma and immediately she is her best friend, as suddenly she becomes her worst enemy. all too much but too fast, making all the characters quite schizophrenic
I would have to say that if Zoey was a real friend to Emma she wouldn't try to hook her up with her ex-boyfriend. That is a temporary solution to her permanent problem that lost her the boyfriend in the first place. I wouldn't diagnose Emma with schizophrenia so much as bipolar disorder. Zoey, suffering from grief and mild depression herself probably felt like a kindred spirit what she was in a down period. The sequence with the phone had all the hallmarks of Emma having the onset of a manic episode. This turned what was a mild case of jealousy into a narcissistic rage where she did something harmful to Zoey without any provocation. I used to go through shit like this with my Sister who suffers from BPD.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Because unfortunately we're getting to a point where we know that to avoid trouble, developers won't do anything that comes close (even very very far) to NTR. Even implied.

In the game, other than with the MC, there is almost not a single hint of the girls in the restaurant seeing other customers. This makes the theme of prostitution in the game quite strange. There is only Mona with whom the theme was suggested, and
strangely, she is no longer in the story.
You believe what you want but Quinn & Co are making money with the restaurant and they don't only have the MC as customer. But no need to show it, it is implied.

And this game is not that afraid of "NTR", a lot of characters are fucking people other than the MC but the game don't show it. In a lot of other games the MC is almost the only guy alive on earth, far from it in BADIK.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
You really gonna bet it will not happen when this same dev let us make a choice for one girl to survive while the other died in a burning house? We might not think it's likely but with his history it's still not a safe bet.... Or it's just the last drop for her and other bad things happen, jumping off a building from despair is less unlikely but still can fit the story.... The point is we as player are following the story and can guess but we also know there will be twists and we know it might not go as we think it would, you can't just say that's not gonna happen, the story is there, there will be some climax, we just don't know where and how at this time.
But are you still talking about the threat of it happening or the fact that it might actually happen?

in the second case I really serenely exclude it

DPC is aware of the mixed feelings that the first season of BADIk has generated, do you really think he can create a situation where our actions may or may not send Maya to work at the restaurant? there is a limit to unconsciousness....:oops:

this as a consequence would bring both Burke and Quinn to levels of villainy that are really out of place in BADIK (where we have at best bullies but almost always basically buffoons), and it would be a pretty definitive overall game over and not just a dramatic moment

I would have to say that if Zoey was a real friend to Emma she wouldn't try to hook her up with her ex-boyfriend. That is a temporary solution to her permanent problem that lost her the boyfriend in the first place. I wouldn't diagnose Emma with schizophrenia so much as bipolar disorder. Zoey, suffering from grief and mild depression herself probably felt like a kindred spirit what she was in a down period. The sequence with the phone had all the hallmarks of Emma having the onset of a manic episode. This turned what was a mild case of jealousy into a narcissistic rage where she did something harmful to Zoey without any provocation. I used to go through shit like this with my Sister who suffers from BPD.
you took me too seriously...mine was not a diagnosis...just a critique of how quickly the behaviors of the characters in the interlude seem to change, but in reality could have taken weeks if not months in moving from one situation to another

godkingxerxes

Sep 27, 2020
Interlude was meh, but glad to see it seems that episode 9 will start off with a bang.

Though does Sage always tell you to get the fuck out of the bathroom even if you had minimal interactions with all the involved characters?

Reactions: SomboSteel

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
You believe what you want but Quinn & Co are making money with the restaurant and they don't only have the MC as customer. But no need to show it, it is implied.

And this game is not that afraid of "NTR", a lot of characters are fucking people other than the MC but the game don't show it. In a lot of other games the MC is almost the only guy alive on earth, far from it in BADIK.
I don't know...

at the end MC is practically the only one interested sexually and romantically in the LIs, the only ones to compete with him are Tybalt and his father... but do we want to consider them competition?

these makes MC quite in the role of the only penis in the story

Interlude was meh, but glad to see it seems that episode 9 will start off with a bang.

Though does Sage always tell you to get the fuck out of the bathroom even if you had minimal interactions with all the involved characters?
yes, even though you arrived there almost a virgin

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Shame it makes sense in my run since he dumped Sage and fucked Jade and Burke has the video, and then chose Jill.

But if it always happens, that means it's most likely just boring Maya drama.
I believe that it is most likely a false lead

we can't tell from the scene if Sage is really angry, she might just want to leave quickly, or because the meeting didn't go as she hoped or simply because she doesn't want to stay any longer than necessary, and having searched for that Mc after not finding it

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
But are you still talking about the threat of it happening or the fact that it might actually happen?

in the second case I really serenely exclude it

DPC is aware of the mixed feelings that the first season of BADIk has generated, do you really think he can create a situation where our actions may or may not send Maya to work at the restaurant? there is a limit to unconsciousness....:oops:

this as a consequence would bring both Burke and Quinn to levels of villainy that are really out of place in BADIK (where we have at best bullies but almost always basically buffoons), and it would be a pretty definitive overall game over and not just a dramatic moment

you took me too seriously...mine was not a diagnosis...just a critique of how quickly the behaviors of the characters in the interlude seem to change, but in reality could have taken weeks if not months in moving from one situation to another
If I took you too seriously that is a pity because it was a thoughtful response to a puzzling situation in the game. One of the weaknesses of the interlude is its fast and loose approach to the timeline. A lot of times the scenes are only shown to be a time jump by the progress of Zoey's body art, as if she is in a fugue state where she is just sleepwalking through life. This isn't an unusual state for depressed people to be in. But it is disconcerting for us because we are used to playing Tremolo and he always seems to be overscheduled and running against the clock. Time is very important in his world and almost an irrelevance to hers. I find it to be an interesting dichotomy but I do understand that is going to confuse and irritate players more often than not.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
If I took you too seriously that is a pity because it was a thoughtful response to a puzzling situation in the game. One of the weaknesses of the interlude is its fast and loose approach to the timeline. A lot of times the scenes are only shown to be a time jump by the progress of Zoey's body art, as if she is in a fugue state where she is just sleepwalking through life. This isn't an unusual state for depressed people to be in. But it is disconcerting for us because we are used to playing Tremolo and he always seems to be overscheduled and running against the clock. Time is very important in his world and almost an irrelevance to hers. I find it to be an interesting dichotomy but I do understand that is going to confuse and irritate players more often than not.
you're right, with the right time to develop it wouldn't have been overly disconcerting

if there had been time for us to realize that Emma still had feelings for Bret, if we had seen Bret actually have some excessive attention towards Zoey, everything would have seemed more natural to us as far as drama goes

instead the jealousy and Emma's reaction comes out almost out of nowhere, too sudden not to leave us interdicted

unfortunately the interlude wasn't long enough to really tell anything, it just listed the important events and if we exclude games and sex at the end it wasn't that much more significant than a normal flashback

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
I believe that it is most likely a false lead

we can't tell from the scene if Sage is really angry, she might just want to leave quickly, or because the meeting didn't go as she hoped or simply because she doesn't want to stay any longer than necessary, and having searched for that Mc after not finding it
MC's reaction in the bathroom is different depending on his choices. If you fucked both Sage and Jade he looks worried. He has his eyes closed if you pursued either Sage or Jade and looks calm if you didn't pursue either of them.

Reactions: felicemastronzo
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes